• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why buying a house is outrageously expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
That was an answer to a question..You can find cheats in all communities!!
Vganeji,
Sorry about my comment, I know it was answer to a question. I could not help the inference that TB would be a better businessman. You may not have meant it that way. Mt apologies.

OP
OP
V

vgane

When some go to a brahmin builder, they have some assumptions.

First,he would sell more flats to brahmins and likelihood of brahmin way of life being promoted in the society.

You might think You would be cheated to a lesser extent.People tend to trust those who belong to their caste than others.

Brahmins are not known to be good builders. They might offer facilities which are functional but not state of the art or modern.

They would economise in space and offer specific features appealing to brahmins -such as pooja room, vaasthu compliant, a temple within the housing complex with

Gods brahmins worship.

They would build affordable flats and not luxury types.

Their residential complexes would be full of casteist elements

I would stay away from them.

All your assumptions are wrong..Sree Daksha is an ultra modern developer...There are no temples inside the colony too...Are you happy now?

mkrishna100

All your assumptions are wrong..Sree Daksha is an ultra modern developer...There are no temples inside the colony too...Are you happy now?

True .In Brahmin Builders there are 3 variety LIG , MIG , HIG and Krishji is referring to the LIG and MIG Variety and the HIG variety is way differnt from the LIG , MIG Vareity and in some cases the same builder builds for all 3 economic classes but the price , specification , build up quality will be vastly different .BTW what is the problem when some one wants a small puja room in an apartment and another guy wants a mini bar in the same space .I know of one TB Guy who is basically a MIG Person but likes to be associated only with HIG Persons but infortunately could not afford to get an apartment where his HIG friends stay and had to contend only with an MIG apartment but converted his Puja room to a Mini Bar .

Last edited:

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Many flat complexes in chennai have atleast ganesha temples at the gate.

In my flat complex in chennai there is one. Some maintenance money goes towards upkeep of the temple. Also by rotation tenants perform religeous rituals, spending

their own money also.{ of course tenants can say no when it is their turn to spend} .

In bangalore , I did not have a pooja room in my sons flat nor there was a bar facility. . It was an upmarket flat with swimming pool, fountains ,club house. My

sambandhi spent sleepless nights that there was no pooja room. Ultimately, wood work was done to have a pooja facility installing saivite and vaishnavite Gods with

special lighting.Bangalore has wonderful pubs with free drinking. It would be more sensible to drink there than home.

tbs

In my flat complex in chennai there is one. Some maintenance money goes towards upkeep of the temple. Also by rotation tenants perform religeous rituals, spending

their own money also.{ of course tenants can say no when it is their turn to spend} .

In bangalore , I did not have a pooja room in my sons flat nor there was a bar facility. . It was an upmarket flat with swimming pool, fountains ,club house. My

sambandhi spent sleepless nights that there was no pooja room. Ultimately, wood work was done to have a pooja facility installing saivite and vaishnavite Gods with

special lighting.Bangalore has wonderful pubs with free drinking. It would be more sensible to drink there than home.
hi

how it works....i know a lot of pubs in brigade road bangalore....we have bar in cantonment area for army personel...

mkrishna100

If you observe closely most of such Ganesha Temples will be in those apartments that is coming exactly at a T junction and it is kept for Vastu Purpose i.e no house , apartments must face the road diretcly and must have at least one small ganesha temple or ganesha idol .

True .Every monthly chaturthi there is a big celebration and sometimes people book it in advance and sometimes many never get their turn also and regret the same .Of course no compulsion but I heard that many people book their turns in advance . Apart from whether these sort of pujas are really helpful , I found it has some effect of atleast people in the apartment coming out once and seeing their faces and so it faciliaties some sort of bonding .It also gives some decent revenue to the priest and also the shop keepers around ( the flower vendors etc ) get a good business during chaturti time .Plus everyone gets lots of prasad ( in terms of Kesari , Pongal , Sundal etc etc ) and eating a handful of each can save you one day's dinner LOL .

Sensible would have been to buy a ready made Puja Altar and keep it when he is around and remove it when he is not there LOL

Jokes apart .I feel having a small temple in the apartment complex and people taking turns to sponsor pujas and distribute prasad etc promotes a sort of bonding among the apartment inmates and help them get to know each other at least once or twice a month .In my loaclity there are 2 small ganesha temples and 1 small sai temple and I find everyone taking truns to sponsor something there ( for SAI Temple every Thursday ) and for Ganesha Temple ( every Monthly Chaturthi ) and it has a very festive look on these days . During the Peak of the Athesit Movement in TN many Ganesha idols were broken but now Ganesha is coming back with a vengance and occupying all street corners and most of the apartment blocks LOL and it is not just TBs sponsoring the Chaturti functions even many NBs also do these functions very sincerely and I know in an auto stand many auto drivers also maintain the Ganesha Temple with utmost sincerity and dedication . So in end Ganesha always brings in happiness and prosperity and nothing wrong in having him inside your house or in yoru apartment block .But try as much as you can ,you cant avoid Ganesha as the Athesit leader and his followers are discovering the unpleasant truth now and not only that they dare not remove the Ganesha from their apartment Block LOL and the if they do such a thing the first person to raise a stick against them will not be a TB but the local auto walas and local dalits LOL .

OP
OP
V

vgane

Incidentally the people in the Colony that I talked about want a temple...May be if they get sufficient signatures for it, the Promoters may allow a temple...In Gurgaon where I live there are no permanent temples inside Housing societies..But all Hindu festivals are celebrated..We had a Bengali Saraswathi Puja some time back..We also celebrate Dussehra & Diwali.

auh

I think we should talk of "white Money" real estate. The "black money " real estate is totally out of control as the variables are not obvious.

How much house can you afford?

One cannot buy land or pre-owned flats with white money. Period. The likelihood is very less.

White money can only be used for new apartments that are directly purchased from the builder/developer. Rules for loans vary with economic situation and if it is a new apartment under construction, bank financing could be fully arranged. If not, upto 90% could be sourced with a nominal upfront payment by the purchaser.

I am not sure what the guidelines for the % of emi to net salary should be now or if different banks have different guidelies. Irrespective of yardsticks, banks have been known to push the limits to increase business.

mkrishna100

talking of the spiritual...!!!

Nope this guy is an athesit but he was not rich enough to buy an apartment in the same area and location as his HIG friends lived and so had to contend living in an MIG Apartmet that had a small puja room and he converted it in to a Mini Bar so that once in while he could host his HNI friends for a drink in his apartment .

Last edited:

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
hi

is he TB from coimbatore?,,,im interested in coimbatore...

TBSji

Continue with research on these builders and if you finalise let me know.

I will think of it.

I trust your judgement on this.

Both these builders have many apartments .

They all look alike.

tbs

TBSji

Continue with research on these builders and if you finalise let me know.

I will think of it.

I trust your judgement on this.

Both these builders have many apartments .

They all look alike.

hi

thank u sir....you know one thing....my native place is near coimbatore....my parents born in coimbatore...even my

childhood in coimbatore/palakkad..even my chithappa have home in coimbatore....my kuladeivam temple near

coimbatore too..i was planning for a long time...not yet decided....my life is half in USA/half in delhi/chennai....

so i was not so hurry to extended feet too now..i may decide later...but still in my mind to settle down in coimbatore..

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
I have no interest in retirement communities.

I have coimbotore links.

That is one of the reasons for keeping off.lol

but the climate there is a plus point.

it is gateway to kerala.

Air and train links are good.

But I am too lazy to search and locate an apartment..

I mostly casually decide and make major decisions.

It has paid me handsomely.

Do whatever the person you trust says.

Normally most make good decisions better than mine.

Trust people and benefit.Saves one a lot of trouble researching and driving oneself crazy.

My philosophy for living.

V

V.Balasubramani

Aged members, who are at the fag end, should first realise that with everyday passing, they are moving close towards the grave....the indispensable.... and certainty.

While so, why worry about climate, season, benefit, etc.lol

Sit in the living room, take a large peg of Tequila and enjoy the melody of Krishna Mukuntha Muraari......Jaya Krishna Mukuntha Muraari......Muraari.......

And this may be the philosophy of some good hearts.

Last edited by a moderator:

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Live life.

From day 1 we know we are going to die one day.

That does not prevent one from getting educated ,working at jobs,getting married ,raising children ,enjoying retirement in full.

Read Saul bellow 'Herzog' . He is a noble prize winner in literature.

you might like his philosophy of seizing and living each day to the full.

Multiply your assets for the joy of achievement.

Go around the world to see what it has to offer new.

Learn to hug instead of fighting all.

This forum has got wonderful people.

Reach out to them instead of hating them.

They will reciprocate.

V

V.Balasubramani

Read Robin Sharma’s the ‘Monk who sold his Ferrari’ which is a self-help book about the development of character and more particularly discipline in life.

It conveys among other things the message about how one should also live life freely inspite of working all days.

You can spare some thought to your life, your goals, and dreams and try to lead a life with MEANINGFUL EXISTENCE.

Among other interesting topics it also deals with Mastering one’s mind, following one’s purpose in life, live life with discipline, respect every one’s time, selflessly help others and embrace the present.

Whatis that one going to ultimately derive by running after wealth, benefit,comfort, etc untiringly?

Try to lead a simple and more particularly meaningful life.

As I said earlier, I love to hate advice from others.

As I know it is the easy thing for anyone to do instead following by self.

People do this with everyone they meet and everyday.

And I don't lock horns with everyone except the most deserving.

And I love that bcos it is interesting...

Last but not the least, I am not here for want of any 'Conduct Certificate' from the members of the Brigade. lol

P.S: You have not attended a single get-together organised at Chennai. But I have attended two at two different locations and personally know few members. They are all really lovable and nice. But that does not mean that I should agree to whatever each say. Opinion differs.

Last edited by a moderator:

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Returning to the subject of the thread -House buying being expensive- the simple fact is the demand has dried up due to black money hunts.

Small builders are feeling the heat with unsold inventories and incomplete flats.

Large ones with more staying power are quietly offering freebies to collect fresh bookings and using it to complete their existing projects.

now controls are being brought in to check diversion of funds by big builders.

Regulaters are helpless to stop the downslide in the markets.

Many are shifting to affordable housing to revive demand.

The situation is bleak.

Those who have booked are waiting anxiously for completion of flats and hand over.

Ultimately the buyers -specially salaried class suffers.They have to pay rent for existing flat and instalments for new purchase..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks