• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why are Jews so Powerful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahmanyan

Dr.Farrukh Saleem is a popular Pakistani Journalist and freelance Columnist based in Islamabad . His article "Why are Jews so Powerful and Muslims so powerless? " published on January,8,2010 in The News International, Pakistan’s largest English-language daily is thought provoking and factual analysis. The reasons given in the Article may apply to our Country as well. Dr. Saleem is also the executive director of the Center for Research and Security Studies, a think tank focusing on Pakistan’s political and economic security, as well as regional and environmental issues.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...06jCsD&sig=AHIEtbR9ONZaesZ5JE-V07kH_RJBaN8FyQ

Since this is an old Article many members might have read it. However I am posting the web link for those who
are interested in reading this Article.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
But , sir, the reasons for the Jews' superiority are not analysed in the article. He just says - education.
This alone will not suffice for the superiority of one race. If we really look into the causes, we may learn
a lesson or two. Thanks for the thread.

hi
jews are superior for many centuries......their history as slaves in egypt......they raised many times of history....their historical/
cultiral/economical/educational far better than many tirbes.....sometimes we can compare with south indian brahimin with jews...
many similarities.....many religious similarities with hinduism.....hinduism and judaism are the oldest civilized religions in the
world...my personal feelings like that....if Hitler was not born in germany....the world europe/may be whole world might be
conquered by Jews.....the God's favorite tribe of the world....suffered a lot many times....america uses counter strategy and
strong ally Isreal....the land of Jews....a tribe without a homeland.....each and every action has equal and opposite reaction...
this is natural law...its applies 100% for jews....

We will contribute the stereotype of Jews. That should not be the case. Mr. TBS in his short hand format has laid out the basis of their wealth. My opinion is strictly of American jews.

The jewish people never really had a good life. The ancestors of the modern Jewish person served as slaves to the ancient Egyptians. They were lead by Moses to a “safe place” which is today Israel. Hardly safe, in Israel Jewish combated the ancestors of Islam over the area (yes this is a multi-millennial war) and faced an occupation by Rome. Things didn’t really improve after the whole Jesus incident. Once the Christian’s spiritually conquered Rome, the Jewish population spread out. In Europe they were again persecuted on a regular basis.

In Christian beliefs one can not loan money to another and charge interest. This is known as usury. In fact, the whole idea of working with money for a living was the equivalent of something Mike Rowe might have done back when the world was flat. Society looked down on tax collectors, currency exchangers, and any other types of people that worked with money. Jewish people similarly couldn’t lend money due to their views of usury, with a catch. They couldn’t charge interest to other Jews, but they didn’t have much of a problem charging interest to anyone else. As banking took off in Europe some Jewish folks were there to finance everything from wars to explorations to something called “the new world”. Banking became important to society. Over time Christians came around to the whole charging interest thing as well. Public opinion of Jewish people didn’t really change until after the Holocaust, but the stereotypes remain.

see an overwhelming representation of Jewish people within industries that revolve around the exchange of money. Without doing much research on the matter I am left to speculate as to why they are still involved with money. Jews are tight. They marry eachother, keep traditions close, and keep it in the family. Being so tight creates a powerful social network that even Harvard Business School grads would die for. They employ eachother and help eachother out. This isn’t discriminating against other religions, it’s a classic case of how well networking works. This would account for why they have centralized around certain industries and not much has changed over time.

Today many Jewish people are captains of business. Not only have they dominated finance, but they have some serious representation in technology and entertainment. As a result of rising to such prominent positions within American society Jewish people get much more scrutiny than their relatively small population would normally account for. Depending on how you count they’re about 2% of the population in the US. However thanks to the social network, a strong work ethic, and perhaps a little divine restitution Jewish people as a whole are a successful population. There will be a higher percent of Jewish doctors and Lawyers as well. This is consistent with their focus on education.

This might happen to other immigrant community as well. You see the Gujarati groups networking and cooperating. You also see Koreans groups doing similarly. I am sorry if you are a TB, that trait is missing. You see it to an extent on Telugu groups working well, they control all south Indian Temples, in-spite of TB starting these temples. Even in the IT sector most of the new consultants coming to USA are from Andhra Pradesh.

Last edited:
The richest non-Chinese in greater China is Jewish – Michael Kadoorie whose family arrived in China in the 19th century is worth an estimated $5 billion.

"Poverty in a man's house is worse than fifty plagues." The Talmud (a collection of Jewish books of rabbinical commentary on the Old Testament).

The bottom line is this: to be religious Jews, they are not supposed to isolate themselves on a mountaintop and meditate, nor are they to take vows of poverty -- rather, they are supposed to get out into the world, interact with it, and elevate the mundane. This, in fact, is the traditional meaning of "tikkun olam." They repair the world by elevating it to the holy.

And, yes, that includes money. Money, like other items such as oil, are simply tools. These are tools which can be used for good or for bad. For starters: give tzedakah, helping to fund research or scholarships, to build schools, and so forth.

Perhaps the best summation of advice I've seen is one by Rabbi Abraham Twersky, who writes: "The highest degree of kedusha (holiness) is achieved when the mundane and the physical are elevated and are transformed into the spiritual and the sacred."

Last edited:
Jews learned by experience to develop skills in professions dependent on intellectual talents - they became teachers, doctors, lawyers, accountants. In a Europe where Jews were always considered resident-aliens, subject to expulsion or expropriation at the whim of the political class, it made sense to have a livelihood not tied to the ground. A Jew in exile could resume his profession and offer a scarce and valuable service wherever expulsion landed him.

These money-handling and intellectual skills often gained favor with political power holders, bringing individual or group protection. Many Jews actually became tax collectors or other government officials and advisors. But it also made Jews hated by enemies of the regime and especially likely to become targets in the event of an overthrow.

For much of European history, dangers of popular resentment made it inadvisable for Jews to display any wealth or even evidence of prosperity. The need to flee at a moment's notice made it a bad idea to keep whatever they had accumulated in immobile forms, and more sensible to have it in gold or jewelry.

hi
jews are like modern patels of USA/UK....they live together as family oriented and money minded......motels are patels....
patels are motels.......

hi
jews are like modern patels of USA/UK....they live together as family oriented and money minded......motels are patels....
patels are motels.......

The Asian American Hotel Owners Association “AAHOA” is THE voice of owners in the hospitality industry. Founded in 1989, AAHOA is now one of the fastest-growing organizations in the industry, with nearly 11,000 members owning more than 20,000 hotels that total $128 billion in property value.
98% of the members are Gujarati, and mostly from the Patel community. They are from India, africa, and UK. The american born generation is talking it a notch higher. Initially it was all mom-and-pop cheap hotels and motel owners. But now majority are very respectable franchise hotels. The power of this group has increased substantially to make policy change in all hotel ownership. Rama group of North Carolina is in the board of famous hotel company.

hi
patels are motels.......

They also are not beggars. They do not wait for the government to dole out the booty, they work hard, and no job is too small.
They take all opportunity that comes their way, and make the best use of it. They thrive in adverse conditions, and instead of complaining, make the best use of it. It works most of the time, but they get persecuted too.

The modern technology of drip irrigation was invented in Israel and first perfected in 1959 at Kibbutz Hatzerim in the south of the country. Following its patenting, the method had spread to Australia, North America and South America by the late 1960s.

For centuries, man attempted to heat water using heat from the sun. But, it was in the 1950s that solar-water heaters were installed atop almost every building in Israel – and are still there, saving energy and making use of the planet’s natural resources.

“Better Place” electric cars are coming – from Israel. The first commercial electric cars are soon to start rolling in Israel and in Denmark – designed by Israelis. Israel has begun the deployment of a charging infrastructure for electrical cars in several cities and in 2011 electric car owners will be able to charge their batteries (or change batteries) at thousands of locations throughout Israel.

http://zionism-israel.com/israel_news/2009/02/zionism-making-desert-bloom-not-just.html

Dr.Farrukh Saleem is a popular Pakistani Journalist and freelance Columnist based in Islamabad . His article "Why are Jews so Powerful and Muslims so powerless? " published on January,8,2010 in The News International, Pakistan’s largest English-language daily is thought provoking and factual analysis. The reasons given in the Article may apply to our Country as well. Dr. Saleem is also the executive director of the Center for Research and Security Studies, a think tank focusing on Pakistan’s political and economic security, as well as regional and environmental issues.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:gXfYN8fhZXYJ:www.teachingandprojects.com/others1/Why%2520are%2520Jews%2520so%2520powerful.doc+dr+farrukh+saleem&hl=en&gl=in&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESg7IXTqstD6kolVXvrrqB-EWD4v58LQPdRepwP7ZblolWDk1_2-KFB3JDMYNyGCA96qWGKDYSNug5_mKFFv-Z4eZuAXd9wlVzFeq3EIICLakaevguscMoXv4VTu_h-Aj306jCsD&sig=AHIEtbR9ONZaesZ5JE-V07kH_RJBaN8FyQ

Since this is an old Article many members might have read it. However I am posting the web link for those who
are interested in reading this Article.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I will take anyone opinion but a Pakistani is a not one of them. LOL

hi
patels are motels.......

This is very stereotypical. Being Jewish is not the same as being business/money-minded. Aside from being captains of Wall Street, Jews are also some of the world's best physicists, mathematicians, chess players, computer scientists, musicians, actors and economists. Please tell us about some similar Patels.

கால பைரவன்;148507 said:
Judaism is a religion, not a race. Although people born in Israel and people with jewish lineage are considered jews, because anyone can convert to Judaism and become a Jew, I am not sure it is correct to describe them as a race!

There are a group of people from Ethiopia who claim they belong to Judaism.

This is very stereotypical. Being Jewish is not the same as being business/money-minded. Aside from being captains of Wall Street, Jews are also some of the world's best physicists, mathematicians, chess players, computer scientists, musicians, actors and economists. Please tell us about some similar Patels.
hi
the same as many patels are doctors/computer engineers etc in USA/UK....many not be in india.....patels are largest community
on indian americans....many are very close to white house.....there are every state in USA.....nobody can beat them....

கால பைரவன்;148507 said:
Judaism is a religion, not a race. Although people born in Israel and people with jewish lineage are considered jews, because anyone can convert to Judaism and become a Jew, I am not sure it is correct to describe them as a race!

Dear Sri "கால பைரவன்",

It is also my view that Jews belong to a Religious movement who follow Judaism. Being Jewish is not a Racial distinction. Jews do not share one common ancestry or biological distinction. People of many different races
have become Jewish people over the years. Most of the Israelite Jews are Semitic who share their racial linage
with Arabs of Middle east. Most of the Zionist Jews from Europe are Caucasoids. There are also black Jews
known as Falasha, natives of Ethiopia and Abyssinia. Interestingly Jews follow Matriarchal linage. According to Orthodox Judaism, Jewish identity is automatically bestowed on the babies of Jewish mother.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I will take anyone opinion but a Pakistani is a not one of them. LOL

Dear Sri Prasad,

Strong words, They were also our kith and kin,sharing the same culture and history, there was
no Pakistan before August,14,1947.
Cheers,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Jews are more than a hundred times more powerful than all the Muslims put together. Ever wondered why?

Jesus of Nazareth was Jewish. Albert Einstein, the most influential scientist of all time and TIME magazine's 'Person of the Century', was a Jew. Sigmund Freud -- id, ego, superego -- the father of psychoanalysis was a Jew. So were Paul Samuelson and Milton Friedman.

Here are a few other Jews whose intellectual output has enriched the whole humanity: Benjamin Rubin gave humanity the vaccinating needle. Jonas Salk developed the first polio vaccine. Alert Sabin developed the improved live polio vaccine. Gertrude Elion gave us a leukaemia fighting drug. Baruch Blumberg developed the vaccination for Hepatitis B. Paul Ehrlich discovered a treatment for syphilis (a sexually transmitted disease). Elie Metchnikoff won a Nobel Prize in infectious diseases.

Bernard Katz won a Nobel Prize in neuromuscular transmission. Andrew Schally won a Nobel in endocrinology (disorders of the endocrine system; diabetes, hyperthyroidism). Aaron Beck founded Cognitive Therapy (psychotherapy to treat mental disorders, depression and phobias). Gregory Pincus developed the first oral contraceptive pill. George Wald won a Nobel for furthering our understanding of the human eye. Stanley Cohen won a Nobel in embryology (study of embryos and their development). Willem Kolff came up with the kidney dialysis machine.

Dear Sri Prasad,

Strong words, They were also our kith and kin,sharing the same culture and history, there was
Cheers,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Yes I did try to soften it by the LOL at the end.
Ravana was also brahmin that does not make me like him any better.
When someone is anti-India (read Pakistani), I have nothing more to say about them.

Jews were and even today at the forefront of fighting for justice and equality.
They are at the top of the list in philanthropy and charity.
In USA they worked to end discrimination along with the people of color.

Agree with Mr. Prasad. Jews in America line the spectrum from right-wing Republican Eric Cantor to left-wing Democrat chair Debbie Wasserman-Schulz. Sometimes it feels like everybody who is anybody is Jewish.

All Jews are not Goldman-Sachs type though. Some are surprisingly liberal and fight for the down-trodden. But often they are not easy to get along with as they tend to be quite argumentative.

But what is the most amazing is if you count up the Nobels received by Jewish people. Something remarkable is going on with that gene pool or culture.

hi
i like to say something more...i attended a jewish/jain wedding in usa....the boy is jewish,....the girl is jain....i like wedding...
jewish rabbi did a beautiful wedding in jewish style....hindu priest conducted a jain wedding....its really a wonderful
experience...may be its possible only in USA....

Sir, have you any reference on what pakistani-historians say or claim and what is taught in pakistani schools?

What is the present culture, history and mind set in pakistan?

Dear Sri Prasad,

Cheers,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Done here too.
Many iyer iyengar weddings, both traditions are followed.
Recently, sneha-prashant wedding wedding had both brahmin and naidu styles.
I am prepared to bet that hemamalin's daughter's wedding had both tambram and sindhi functions.
There are many hindu-christian weddings with temple and church celebrations.
There are many parsi-nonparsi weddings too, but parsis are very strict about conversion.
Moot point is what happens after and who loses?

I have a jew friend, well settled. His parents emigrated to israel a decade ago; he has made up his mind to live in india for ever. I think israel recognises his and his descendents' right to settle in israel whenever they decide.

hi
i like to say something more...i attended a jewish/jain wedding in usa....the boy is jewish,....the girl is jain....i like wedding...
jewish rabbi did a beautiful wedding in jewish style....hindu priest conducted a jain wedding....its really a wonderful
experience...may be its possible only in USA....

Sir, have you any reference on what pakistani-historians say or claim and what is taught in pakistani schools?
What is the present culture, history and mind set in pakistan?

Dear Sri "Sarang",

No, I do not have any authentic reference on what Pakistani Historians teach in Schools in that Country.
From many of the articles I read in weblinks I find the common citizens of Pakistan is no way different in their
thinking than that of our countrymen. Thanks to the efforts of Sri L.K.Advani and Gen.Parvez Musharaff the famous Katas Raj Temple complex in Chakwal District of the Punjab province in Pakistan which claims its ancestry to the days of Mahabharata has been renovated by the Pakistan Archeological Department and has been opened-up for regular worship. Pilgrims from India have been visiting this Temple on Sivaratri. Pak Government has declared this place as heritage site.
I had some friends from Pakistan while I was living in Sultanate of Oman. I found them good people, very helpful and friendly.
It is my strong view common man in any Country is good and behave like us only. It depends on our attitude
towards others. Dividing Countries are Historical blunders committed by Politicians.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back