• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who was the creator of Vedas ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atharvaveda 10.7.20 reiterates the same essence beautifully. It says that Rik, Yajuh, Sama and Atharva originated from the ultimate Ishwar. It asks “Which deva (provider ofbliss/knowledge) gave the Vedas?” And answers that the One who is controlling and maintaining the entire universe is the creator of Vedas. Atharva is like the mouth of that Ishwar, Samaveda is like the hair on the skin, Yajurveda is akin to the heart and Rigveda is the Prana or source.
Shatpath Brahman 14.5.4.10 states that Ishwar, who is present even beyond the Akash/Sky created the Vedas. The way breath goes out of body and then comes in, during inception of creation, Ishwar creates the Vedas and illuminates the world, and in the phase of dissolution (Pralay), Vedas no more remain in world. However just as a sapling remains inside the seed, Vedas still remain in knowledge of Ishwar, unchanged.
Shankaracharya writes in commentary on Geeta 3.15 that Vedas are actually never created or destroyed. They merely get illuminated and de-illuminated but remain in Ishwar.

Shatpath Brahman 11.5.2.3 elaborates this. These Rishis in their state of meditation receive the knowledge of Vedas and they adopt it in same manner as a toy moves when its button is pressed – in exactly the manner it is supposed to move!
Origin of Vedas
JUNE 20, 2010 BY AGNIVEER

Atharvaveda 10.7.20 reiterates the same essence beautifully. It says that Rik, Yajuh, Sama and Atharva originated from the ultimate Ishwar. It asks “Which deva (provider ofbliss/knowledge) gave the Vedas?” And answers that the One who is controlling and maintaining the entire universe is the creator of Vedas. Atharva is like the mouth of that Ishwar, Samaveda is like the hair on the skin, Yajurveda is akin to the heart and Rigveda is the Prana or source.
Shatpath Brahman 14.5.4.10 states that Ishwar, who is present even beyond the Akash/Sky created the Vedas. The way breath goes out of body and then comes in, during inception of creation, Ishwar creates the Vedas and illuminates the world, and in the phase of dissolution (Pralay), Vedas no more remain in world. However just as a sapling remains inside the seed, Vedas still remain in knowledge of Ishwar, unchanged.
Shankaracharya writes in commentary on Geeta 3.15 that Vedas are actually never created or destroyed. They merely get illuminated and de-illuminated but remain in Ishwar.

Shatpath Brahman 11.5.2.3 elaborates this. These Rishis in their state of meditation receive the knowledge of Vedas and they adopt it in same manner as a toy moves when its button is pressed – in exactly the manner it is supposed to move!
Origin of Vedas
JUNE 20, 2010 BY AGNIVEER

Prasad1,

You have researched extensively and derived the conclusion nicely. Rishis part came very late and they meditate and composed it later in different - 2 forms.
But what is the name of the creator Ishwar ?

Renu,

This is not my full time job to read and then write about any script for the doubt. I am to asked you all about my doubts, as you can help me with your knowledge.

Please go through the text you suggested VA and possibly you can convey the same.

Dear Manwar,

Even for me it's not my full time job..I already have a boring job of a doctor so I log in TB forum for some fun in religion and also I like writing on whatever comes to my mind.
With regards to VA I have tried reading them in the past but somehow after a few pages I lose interest..don't know why..so I don't think its possible for me to guide you in VA.

Dear Manwar,

Even for me it's not my full time job..I already have a boring job of a doctor so I log in TB forum for some fun in religion and also I like writing on whatever comes to my mind.
With regards to VA I have tried reading them in the past but somehow after a few pages I lose interest..don't know why..so I don't think its possible for me to guide you in VA.

Renu,

Commentaries about God, Almighty in various scripts including Puranas and even GEETa are far away from truth. They have there own liking and created versions and we read that and make a solid opinion about the script we read. We become strong believer and follower, do puja, upasana accordingly; obviously.

My point is different here in this forum, is to show the right path, the truth about the absolute TRUTH.

So, Renu, what is the right script? Veda. Start from Rig Veda first and that is enough for understanding. Make your life interesting and meaningful and beautiful with everlasting joy.

For your information...Veda's words are ALIVE at any time...They create immediate effect instantly.....If you chant properly with exact pronunciation ! ....Remember for your life time.

You know , why? It is Ved Vani !!! It is divine voice !!! The meaning of each stanza and word are very serious and having deep reasoning.

Renu,

Commentaries about God, Almighty in various scripts including Puranas and even GEETa are far away from truth. They have there own liking and created versions and we read that and make a solid opinion about the script we read. We become strong believer and follower, do puja, upasana accordingly; obviously.

My point is different here in this forum, is to show the right path, the truth about the absolute TRUTH.

So, Renu, what is the right script? Veda. Start from Rig Veda first and that is enough for understanding. Make your life interesting and meaningful and beautiful with everlasting joy.

For your information...Veda's words are ALIVE at any time...They create immediate effect instantly.....If you chant properly with exact pronunciation ! ....Remember for your life time.

You know , why? It is Ved Vani !!! It is divine voice !!! The meaning of each stanza and word are very serious and having deep reasoning.

Dear Manwar,

Go through this song and contemplate on it's deeper meaning.
It's a Shiridi Sai Baba song and it explains universal truth.

साई राम कृष्ण रहमान साई गीता वेद पुराण
चाहे राम कहो रेहमान कहो
चाहे श्याम कहो भगवन कहो

मेरा साई सभी मैं समाया, सब पर उसकी छाया
साई राम कृष्ण
साई के दरबार मैं देखा, कोई नही है पराया
जो भी उनकी शरण मैं आया, सबको गले लगाया
चाहे कृष्ण कहो या करीम कहो
चाहे राम कहो या रहीम कहो...मेरा साई

दुनिया भर के सब संतो मैं, हैं साई की वाणी
जो भी सुनता उसको लगती अपनी राम कहानी
चाहे सुर की हो चाहे मीरा की
चाहे नानक की या कबीरा की.....मेरा साई

मुसलमान हो हिंदू, सिख हो सब साई के प्यारे
जैन बुध हो या इसाई सब आंखों के तारे
गीता को पढो या कुरान पढों
गुरुबानी पढों या कुरान पढों.... मेरा साई

Renu,

What do you want to convey me after posting bhajan of Saibaba? I appreciate and respect your feelings but guiding me towards saibaba, meditate on it is an order from you to me. So, do you want me to follow and why? What I shall achieve out of it?

Renu,

What do you want to convey me after posting bhajan of Saibaba? I appreciate and respect your feelings but guiding me towards saibaba, meditate on it is an order from you to me. So, do you want me to follow and why? What I shall achieve out of it?

Dear Manwar,

I am not asking you to pray to Baba but I was telling you to contemplate on the song.
See when we start anything in life..do not always thinks of the fruits of it..just preform the duty.
So why you asking me what you are going to achieve out of it?

Sometimes in life Vibhakti alone won't take us anywhere.Bhakti has to be in our hearts too.
God never deserts His Bhakta even though life might seem difficult sometimes but to a heart full of Bhakti God will even become your guru and spiritually enlighten you.

Renukaji,
You have probably antagonized all HINDUTVA people on this site.

With this line I suppose?LOL

गुरुबानी पढों या कुरान पढों..

BTW I have read the Quran and Bible too.I read lots of Islamic Books too and know the whole Azan prayer call by heart.
I have been reading about Islam since the age of 12.
At times you can't help comparing some of it with Sanathan Dharma and only goes to show Sanathana Dharma is the Mother of all.

Dear Manwar,

Can you tell me your opinion on this verse? Do you agree with this?

गुरुबानी पढों या कुरान पढों.

Madam ji,
I believe in this forum, every body is as good enthusiastic as you are. They know rules and regulation of their respective deities and do pray, day in day out. You may be under 40, but those who are beyond that or around 50 are very strong devotee. They can not change their stratum at any cost unless they see the real truth.
Every body is in search of real GURU to get enlightenment. You are my Guru it seems, Devi ji. Please enlighten me ! I shall follow your every instruction.

Madam ji,
I believe in this forum, every body is as good enthusiastic as you are. They know rules and regulation of their respective deities and do pray, day in day out. You may be under 40, but those who are beyond that or around 50 are very strong devotee. They can not change their stratum at any cost unless they see the real truth.
Every body is in search of real GURU to get enlightenment. You are my Guru it seems, Devi ji. Please enlighten me ! I shall follow your every instruction.

Manwar,

I am 42 years old.BTW you haven't given me your opinion on that stanza.
Since I have become your Guruji so as a Dakshina I am asking you to tell me your opinion on that stanza.

Respected Madam ji,

Your stanza is excellent. You need to complete it and then I shall answer it with so called opinion. How can I answered question which is incomplete ?

Dakshina will remain due till I answer it, ok.

Respected Madam ji,

Your stanza is excellent. You need to complete it and then I shall answer it with so called opinion. How can I answered question which is incomplete ?

Dakshina will remain due till I answer it, ok.

Ha Ha Ha..you remind me of my patient whom I was conducting a color acuity visual test.
He was supposed to tell me what he sees in the chart but instead he was asking me what I am seeing and tell it to him!!LOL

BTW the whole song has been posted by me in my earlier post..so it's not incomplete my dear.

Last edited:
Dear Sri Manvar,

This mantra is from RV 7-18-4

धेनुं न त्वा सूयवसे दुदुक्षन्नुप ब्रह्माणि ससृजे वसिष्ठः।
त्वामिन्मे गोपतिं विश्व आहा न इन्द्रः सुमतिं ग्न्त्वच्छ।।

Sayana's commentary for this is as follows.

Desiring to milk you like a milch cow on a pasture, Vasishta has poured out his prayers to you. Every one of my people proclaims you the lord of cattle. May Indra be present at our praises.

This is but one of the hundreds of instances which speak of human creation of the mantra. I would like to know how you interpret it.

Vikram ji,

Thanks for sending great Rig Ved Mantra to me. To me, Lord Himself is a milching cow. You can receive as much as bliss from the Lord as you want, but you must be qualified to receive His bliss!

Ved Matra's are having very deep and sound meanings. You can write at least 100 pages on this mantra. Unless, someone who mastered Veda, can not explain beautifully. It is Amazing !!! It is VED-VANI !!! It is Voice of the Lord Himself !!!

Last edited:
Renu,

In your above 2 lines, you are talking or author is talking of Quran two times, why ? There is no mention of Veda, Upnishad, Meemansa, wherein you really get the real knowledge. It is the Dictionary and Grammar of Sanatana Dharma , It is the ocean of knowledge. Every subject of science contained in it !!! Just explore it !!!

Sweet heart, he was blind ! LOL

Blindness is not a hindrance my dear..Surdas was blind yet he saw God.

प्रभू मोरे अवगुण चित न धरो ।
समदरसी है नाम तिहारो चाहे तो पार करो ॥
एक लोहा पूजा में राखत एक घर बधिक परो ।
पारस गुण अवगुण नहिं चितवत कंचन करत खरो ॥
एक नदिया एक नाल कहावत मैलो ही नीर भरो ।
जब दौ मिलकर एक बरन भई सुरसरी नाम परो ॥
एक जीव एक ब्रह्म कहावे सूर श्याम झगरो ।
अब की बेर मोंहे पार उतारो नहिं पन जात टरो ॥

Madam,

There are two ways to see the Almighty and there is no third method,ok.

Surdas was a great saint who was in contemplation of his beloved deity, Shree Krishna day in and day out. Every moment he felt Shree Krishna presence in all his activities. He really can not think of any other deity.

That miracle powers are within us. We can be any thing !

If you think about me, you will see me one day. If you think about Sai Baba you will see Sai Baba, depends on the intensity and great desire you have to achieve your beloved ONE.

Last edited:
Renu,

You have to diagnose this cronic disease after going through CT Scan with multiple test to remove from mind blocks. You can not operate on multiple choices, if you do then you may kill the patient. Same logic applies here in spirituality. You have to be 100% sure of what is right path then you can start the journey.

I started the discussion as "who is the creator of Vedas ?" and my queries remained unanswered.

You said you are not disillusioned and very clear about the approach to God :focus:

Other school of thoughts are for learners and can not achieve the ultimate goal.

Puran, Geeta etc are to make you understand and it is the trailer of the Almighty !

If you want the the actual knowledge then you have to dive into very deep and search for your ultimate goal.

Now , the question is, what you achieve after doing so much of hard work and research?

Vikram ji,

Thanks for sending great Rig Ved Mantra to me. To me, Lord Himself is a milching cow. You can receive as much as bliss from the Lord as you want, but you must be qualified to receive His bliss!

Ved Matra's are having very deep and sound meanings. You can write at least 100 pages on this mantra. Unless, someone who mastered Veda, can not explain beautifully. It is Amazing !!! It is VED-VANI !!! It is Voice of the Lord Himself !!!

Dear Manvar,

I feel I should make myself clearer to you. The quoted mantra says that Vasishta composed this sukta in praise of Indra ( or as you please the supreme Lord). This is direct answer to your basic query - Who is the creator of the vedas. I find that the various Suktas were created by various Rishis.

They could have been inspired by God. For that matter, there had been many such saints who have been inspired like them.

Thiru gnana sambandhar was one such. He composed hymns at the age of three. He says that the words coming out from his mouth actually originated from God.

Saint Ramalinga Swami also has written that his words were not his but of the God's.

Prophet Mohamed also says that his words are not his but God's.

Do you think that it is humanly possible for a blind poet to reel out 1.25 lakh poems in praise of Krishna without the inspiration from God himself ?

In these cases, we say that the hymns were composed by the respective saints.

Why should we insist that the vedas were not written by humans, when many mantras bear the seal of their author (sometimes in the first person also)?

There are historical reasons for claiming that the Vedas were apauresheya (non-man-made). I will tell you later.

Dear Vikram,

Thanks for sending your reply. Apropos to your answer, Vashistha came very late after the creation of the universe. He also made great contribution along with others. The constitution was made much earlier to regulate the whole universe by the Almighty Himself. It was verbal only. Other Rishis later made great contribution to compose it in written form. That is how , we see Vedas.

My question is, who was the God whose words were written in various scripts?

Now , the question is, what you achieve after doing so much of hard work and research?

I have known a great truth after doing so much hard work and research in religion and you know what it is?

The more I read I realize that its lesser and lesser I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back