• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who was the creator of Vedas ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Renu, I am in New Delhi, I like divine bliss and I am deeply interested to explore the manifestation of Almighty to me and to all...

Good to hear this.I am also very interested in Sanathana Dharma but can you a bit clearer how you would like to approach religion.
Cos when we start to ask about how creator looks like and who is the ultimate God..it's as if we are giving attributes to Brahman.

May be you can start off by sharing with everyone about your understanding of God then we can have a discussion.

Renu, Please speak Vedic language; Allah is not mentioned in any of the Vedas and Upnisad or shruti...it talks of only one and that is Almighty !

Dear Manwar,

What is the meaning of Vedas? Vedas is from the root word Vid which means Knowledge.
So everything is from the Vedas ultimately.
That way someone else also can claim that Avatars are not mentioned in the Vedas.So are we going to say they are right?

First of all you clarify, whether you need the answers from (i) traditional or sampradAyak point of view or (ii) from scientific point of view. Needless to say that both the answers differ and there is almost nil possibility of the reconciliation between the answers.

Secondly vedas does not make mention of any trinity etc. If you differ, you quote your sources (naturally from vedas). The same holds for your points no. 2 & 3.

Thirdly please clarify whether you are asking these questions from "shraddha" in vedas or you are just exploring. This is important, because the concept of Ishwara or Brahma etc. are known only through "vedas" only (and not through any other sources) and if you do not have that "shraddha" in the vedas the question of who created vedas is meaningless.

I like this answer better.
You can not know the unknown with the instruments you have.
The concept of Nirgun Brahman can not be verified using the sense organs or the mind. It is beyond that, and can only be accepted as prescribed in scriptures.
The shardha can not be questioned, or explained.

Uma, you said Advaita means no TWO, therefore HE is only ONE.

In the next sentence, you said Shiva and Vishnu. Now , they are TWO, why this contradiction?

Prasad, what is Nirgun Brahman, by the way? As you said, Nirgun Brahman can not be verified using sense organs or the mind, why? What is that instrument by which we can understand it better ???

Uma, you said Advaita means no TWO, therefore HE is only ONE.

In the next sentence, you said Shiva and Vishnu. Now , they are TWO, why this contradiction?

Dear Manwar,

I hope you don't mind that I am answering the question for Uma and I am sure when Uma comes online she will have a good answer for you.

Ok let's go simple..In Advaita..there is only One and Two is only One occuring Twice.
If that is confusing may be we will go to another explanation.

You are Mr Manwar.

If you are married and have a child that makes you a Husband and also makes you a Father.

There are 2 aspects of you but are you 2 individuals?

So same way..God(Brahman) is only One Without a Second(Ekam Advaita Brahman)
So what we see as Brahma,Vishnu and Shiva are the different aspects of the same One and only God.

Note: This is from the Advaita point of view.

Last edited:
Dear Manwar,

I hope you don't mind that I am answering the question for Uma and I am sure when Uma comes online she will have a good answer for you.

Ok let's go simple..In Advaita..there is only One and Two is only One occuring Twice.
If that is confusing may be we will go to another explanation.

You are Mr Manwar.

If you are married and have a child that makes you a Husband and also makes you a Father.

There are 2 aspects of you but are you 2 individuals?

So same way..God(Brahman) is only One Without a Second(Ekam Advaita Brahman)
So what we see as Brahma,Vishnu and Shiva are the different aspects of the same One and only God.

Note: This is from the Advaita point of view.

Renu, I am uncle too, I am son too. I am nephew too. I am having multiple names. Who am I, will remain ONE always ?

Manwarji,
Can you see the electrical energy that flows in the wire? you only see the manifested aspects of electricity in the form of heat, light, or your body becomes the conductor.

Renu, I am uncle too, I am son too. I am nephew too. I am having multiple names. Who am I, will remain ONE always ?

You have always been One and will always remain One and this One is what appears like many owing to the effect of Maya.

Who am I (Kah Aham..Ko'ham) is a question of self enquiry and that's the journey to eventually know that I am He(Sah Aham..So'ham)

In the Mundaka Upanishad there is a fine explanation about 2 birds sitting on a tree.. one bird eats fruits and enjoys and the second bird sits as a silent spectator and watches the other bird eating and enjoying the fruit.
The silent spectator bird is God and the other bird eating fruits is us humans.
We appear as many till the day we realize that everything is only One.

It can be summarized into this simple stanza easy to remember.

Two little birds sitting on a tree,
One eats fruits and the other just sees,
One knows all and the other doesn't know,
There's only one though two are in a row.

Last edited:
Manwarji,
Can you see the electrical energy that flows in the wire? you only see the manifested aspects of electricity in the form of heat, light, or your body becomes the conductor.

Prasad1, we are talking Advait Brahaman and dvait brahamn ! In your explanation it is one in many manifestations, it is one of the instance of advait Brahaman but what about dvait brahaman ?

Dear Manwar,

With reference to post #35 we have to understand that there are many school of thoughts,
1)Advaita
2)Vishistadvaita
3)Dvaita.

If we mix everything at the beginning stages of our enquiry we will only get confused.
That's why we have to start somewhere and chose a path that suits our initial understanding before we can think of the Ultimate.

So may be you can share with us your understanding of religion and God and let us know what type of worship and method you have been used too so that everyone of us can have a meaningful exchange of thoughts.

So'ham means what ? How you define this So'ham?

सोहम्(So'ham) is derived from सः अहम् (Sah Aham)

Sah in Sanskrit means He
Aham in Sanskrit means I

Therefore So'ham means I am He.
In this context He refers to God.

Dear Manwar,

With reference to post #35 we have to understand that there are many school of thoughts,
1)Advaita
2)Vishistadvaita
3)Dvaita.

If we mix everything at the beginning stages of our enquiry we will only get confused.
That's why we have to start somewhere and chose a path that suits our initial understanding before we can think of the Ultimate.

So may be you can share with us your understanding of religion and God and let us know what type of worship and method you have been used too so that everyone of us can have a meaningful exchange of thoughts.

Renu, Truth can not be many at all. Truth is truth after all. Truth prevails irrespective of many schools.
You are interested to know of my learning style. I do not belong to any of the school.
I am very much confused spiritually that is why I am raising many questions to you all scholars to clear my doubts scientifically and logically. Hope you people will not mind.
I have good analytical skills to understand the subjects. I am old enough to remain serious all the time and expect intelligent answers from you all !

Renu, Truth can not be many at all. Truth is truth after all. Truth prevails irrespective of many schools.
You are interested to know of my learning style. I do not belong to any of the school.
I am very much confused spiritually that is why I am raising many questions to you all scholars to clear my doubts scientifically and logically. Hope you people will not mind.
I have good analytical skills to understand the subjects. I am old enough to remain serious all the time and expect intelligent answers from you all !

Dear Manwar,

Don't get me wrong I am not a scholar but there are many in this forum who are scholars and very learned and will help you understand better.
Even I do not belong to any school of thought and what ever books I have read so far are the recommended gold standard like Geeta,Upanishads and works of Sathya Sai Baba,Swami Vivekananda,Paramahansa Yogananda,Ramana Maharishi,Ramakrishna Paramahansa and works of Adi Shankara.

Manwar you have to understand that all of us need to get some foundation by study or approaching a guru for further clarification.

I am no learned person but still learning and from my experience so far I feel a step wise gradual manner will lead us where we are supposed to be heading.
I started off a young child reading about our Puranas in the comics Amar Chita Katha,Chandamama magazines and also attended Bal Vikas classes run by my mother.

Then as I grew older I explored more by reading Ramayan,Mahabharat,Bhagavad Geeta then proceeded to read all books and discourses of Sathya Sai Baba and books by Swamijis which I mentioned earlier.

I keep notebooks with me and write down each of my query and look for an answer and also make notes on what I have studied.
I take the study of religion seriously like how I studied my MBBS.
Both theory and practical.
Make notes to see our progress,read what we write from time to time so that we do not forget and get confused.
I also learn Bhajans to connect to the Bhakti feeling and by singing songs the deeper meanings of religion sticks to our mind.

Once we build a foundation then we can progress to deeper study which for me I feel needs a certain understanding of Sanskrit.
So take time and learn the language and then study even further.

Gaining spiritual knowledge is not an easy thing.
Not all answers are found by just Google Search.
Some only come after years of study and realization and not to forget Bhakti.

Sanathana Dharma is not a religion where there is only one answer.
Some religions only have one book,one so called God and just one way cos thats just one path they have chosen and they haven't explored any other aspect.
Sanathana Dharma is like a MCQ question..
Multiple Choice Questions,
Multiple Answers
No wrong answers
You are both Guru and Shisya
You finally mark your own paper.

After all there is a famous saying that goes:

A person acquires a quarter of his knowledge from a Guru,a quarter from his own intelligence, another quarter from his fellow classmates and another quarter in the course of time.

All of us are still learning.

Last edited:
Dear Manwar,

Don't get me wrong I am not a scholar but there are many in this forum who are scholars and very learned and will help you understand better.
Even I do not belong to any school of thought and what ever books I have read so far are the recommended gold standard like Geeta,Upanishads and works of Sathya Sai Baba,Swami Vivekananda,Paramahansa Yogananda,Ramana Maharishi,Ramakrishna Paramahansa and works of Adi Shankara.

Manwar you have to understand that all of us need to get some foundation by study or approaching a guru for further clarification.

I am no learned person but still learning and from my experience so far I feel a step wise gradual manner will lead us where we are supposed to be heading.
I started off a young child reading about our Puranas in the comics Amar Chita Katha,Chandamama magazines and also attended Bal Vikas classes run by my mother.

Then as I grew older I explored more by reading Ramayan,Mahabharat,Bhagavad Geeta then proceeded to read all books and discourses of Sathya Sai Baba and books by Swamijis which I mentioned earlier.

I keep notebooks with me and write down each of my query and look for an answer and also make notes on what I have studied.
I take the study of religion seriously like how I studied my MBBS.
Both theory and practical.
Make notes to see our progress,read what we write from time to time so that we do not forget and get confused.
I also learn Bhajans to connect to the Bhakti feeling and by singing songs the deeper meanings of religion sticks to our mind.

Once we build a foundation then we can progress to deeper study which for me I feel needs a certain understanding of Sanskrit.
So take time and learn the language and then study even further.

Gaining spiritual knowledge is not an easy thing.
Not all answers are found by just Google Search.
Some only come after years of study and realization and not to forget Bhakti.

Sanathana Dharma is not a religion where there is only one answer.
Some religions only have one book,one so called God and just one way cos thats just one path they have chosen and they haven't explored any other aspect.
Sanathana Dharma is like a MCQ question..
Multiple Choice Questions,
Multiple Answers
No wrong answers
You are both Guru and Shisya
You finally mark your own paper.

After all there is a famous saying that goes:

A person acquires a quarter of his knowledge from a Guru,a quarter from his own intelligence, another quarter from his fellow classmates and another quarter in the course of time.

All of us are still learning.

Renu, I respect your learning style and that how it should be. However, if you learn Vedas under great guidance, you shall know the essence of sanatan dharma and Almighty's manifestations in great length.

I respect other scripts but my importance goes to Vedas only which is only truth and truth only. No distortion of facts at all. Commentaries are many many as per their choices but Vedas commentaries narrated by great Guru is worth every thing. It is treasure trove and that what I want to all you to learn.

My all questions are from Vedas only and I must tell you the truth later once every body passed through brain storming session.

So please come out with your suggestions of Advait Braman which remaied unanswered so far.

So please come out with your suggestions of Advait Braman which remaied unanswered so far.

Dear Manwar,

You got the word right.. Unanswered.
Frankly speaking it's almost impossible to start description of Nirguna Brahman.
It's beyond description(Anirvacaniya)

I feel it's better if we start off at Saguna Brahman which has a a form and attributes so that we have an idea of what we are talking about.

Dear Manwar,

You remind me very much of a Vaishnava I once knew.
Your questions about Advaita gave him the same impression that it's left Unanswered.

May be you should think on the lines of Vishisthaadvaita and explore it in detail.
I can't guide you on Vishisthaadvaita school of thought cos I grew up in an atmosphere thinking that all forms of Saguna Brahman are from the Nirguna Brahman.

Hi Renu,

It is so simple, He is the only Almighty !!!

Please do more research on it !!! Come out with your suggestion or imagination after deep research....You shall have a great bliss...That only we have to find out...and no body else...Which, very few lucky knows HIM and His manifestations...

Hi Renu,

It is so simple, He is the only Almighty !!!

Please do more research on it !!! Come out with your suggestion or imagination after deep research....You shall have a great bliss...That only we have to find out...and no body else...Which, very few lucky knows HIM and His manifestations...

Dear Manwar,

How true yaar..

There is only One Almighty..
Ekam Advaita Brahman,
La ilaha illallah
Hallelujah(Praise the Lord)

All convey the same meaning.
I feel if we know this much we should be happy.

BTW Manwar..why are you asking me to use my imagination?LOL
Then someone might say I am delusional!!

Last edited:
Dear Manwar,

How true yaar..

There is only One Almighty..
Ekam Advaita Brahman,
La ilaha illallah
Hallelujah(Praise the Lord)

All convey the same meaning.
I feel if we know this much we should be happy.

BTW Manwar..why are you asking me to use my imagination?LOL
Then someone might say I am delusional!!

Renu,

There is some thing else also, this is just half done. The form of Almighty, you have to explain then come out with Complete Name.

Once the sentence is complete then that is real Almighty Holy Name.

Renu,

This is not my full time job to read and then write about any script for the doubt. I am to asked you all about my doubts, as you can help me with your knowledge.

Please go through the text you suggested VA and possibly you can convey the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back