• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

When did the tradition of sending Bride to Bridegroom’s home started?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madam Raji Ram
Wives are always wife and husbands are always at the receiving end!!!

Padmanabhan.J

Last edited by a moderator:
Madam Raji Ram
Wives are always wife and husbands are always at the receiving end!!!

Padmanabhan.J

Dear Sir,

You know in the movie Pammal K Sambandhan Kamal Hassan had given a nice explanation on the role of the Indian Aan(Male) Singham.

[video=youtube_share;HvUhbslYjBE]http://youtu.be/HvUhbslYjBE[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
I never expected a senior to post a link for such weird pictures in our forum!! :faint:
Good that I did not open it in the auspicious DeepAvaLi morning... :scared:

P.S: Thanks to Renu for an apt reply! :thumb:

Dear Raji mami,

Lol I saw this post and ignored and i saw Renu's pammal thing and also ignored thinking ok whatever. After seeing your post only i was curious (gemini after all!) and clicked it!! :fear:

Btw I understand from Nat Geography that the lion is veryyy lazy animal. Never hunts, only the lioness does and never helps look after cub. Only mating and fighting with other lions! Am i missing something here? Any have always been partial to tigers...my country's national animal.

Amala,
You are right.
Tigers and tigress both are solitary animals and have to fend for themselves.
Lions are lazy (or smart) and leave all hunting to lioness. They have a harem full of lioness, who are willing to do all chores, for the protection of that male lion. If the male lion looses in the battle with another male lion, the new male lion will kill all cubs of the previous lion, so the lioness will be ready to mate. It is pretty gruesome game.

Dear Prasad Sir
Humans have not reached that stage; the point is nowadays Girls demand separate family set up,do not want sister in laws around them.
My brother in law who is Bangalore could not find any suitable alliance for his two sons the past 5-6 years even though there is no demand from him; in the talking stage itself, the girls demand separate set up!!

............. I saw this post and ignored and i saw Renu's pammal thing and also ignored thinking ok whatever. After seeing your post only i was curious (gemini after all!) and clicked it!! :fear:
Dear Amala,

Thanks for your reply! :)

The head of a family is the one who sets the rules and gets the work done for him!
So, the lion is the best fit to be the king of the jungle!! :bored: . . . :couch2:

Raji Madam,
Happy Deepavali
The purpose of posting that Lion with Lioness is to show that even the king of the Jungle looks pathetic when it is at the receiving end.

Even naming the Lion as king of the jungle is by man.
I do not know if you seen a group of buffalo chase a lion.
Lion is more of an opportune killer. Instead of being a king.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back