• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

When did the tradition of sending Bride to Bridegroom’s home started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amirtha

Imo opinion nagging has universal law not only just with Indian couples. It doesn’t discriminate race. We human behave the same no matter whether we black, white, yellow etc. etc.. In my home nagging

happens both ways some times. I usually get what I want. My husband loves me too much. He also gets what he wants. I also love him a lot. At times when we have discrepancies, usually we fight to sort

things out. LOL..

Last edited:

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
I feel nagging is a waste of energy.

If you observe carefully..nagging dominant types of wives end up making all the decisions at home.

Ok if the person is a housewife she might be the Home Minister so she might be actually in charge of the whole house.

But for the rest of us who work outside of home we would like shared responsibilities.

Nagging and dictating is not even needed.

Just plan out who is in charge of what task and they have to carry out the task.

Help can be asked if one is not able to finish it on one's own.

Dominating people do not realize that they finally actually end up doing much more work than their spouses.

Nowadays I really wonder why working woman need to even get their way with anything at home.

After all working woman have their own money..so we have the financial freedom to buy what we want for ourselves and even for family.

So why nag and bother husband?

I have noticed that some working woman save all their money but keep nagging husband to spend on them!LOL..that's the worst possible situation where a working wife does not contribute to the home and expect the husband to shoulder all responsibilities!

Fighting is a waste of time..it takes us no where.

Better to have a meeting to sort out any differences of opinions.

That's why I prefer the debate system..one person is allowed to speak till he/she is done.

The other person allowed to speak till he/she is done.

Points noted down and then solution should to be reached.

If somethings can't be changed..just accept is as Karma and we are paying a Karmic Debt!LOL

After a certain age I feel we humans just get used to having someone around us and most of the while we call it Love.

To me I feel Love is conglomerate of emotional and physical dependency.

Last edited:

Raji Ram

Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Raji Ram Madam 'average Indian husband' is somewhat 'nagging types' is not true. After certain age husband keep to himself and very quite and only wife dictates every thing!
Dear Sir,

Please note 'average Indian husband'. There are many above average husbands who give importance to their better halves.

Please go through this write-up which shows that ego clash is the main reason for bitterness in the family!

வாழ்வை இன்பமாக்குவோம்…

இது என்ன? புது விஷயமா? நிச்சயமாக இல்லை, இல்லை;
பொதுவான கருத்துக்களையே மீண்டும் சொல்லும் வேலை!

வினைப்பயனால் அமைவதுவே நமக்குப் பூவுலக வாழ்க்கை;
துணை அமைவதும் விதியால் வந்துவிடும் ஒரு சேர்க்கை!

எப்படி இனிமையாக்குவது விதியால் வரும் அமைப்பை?
அப்படி எண்ணியதன் விளைவே இன்று எழுதும் கவிதை!

வேதாளத்திற்கு வாக்குப்பட்டால் முருங்கை மரம் ஏறணும்!
பாதாளத்திற்கு வழி கேட்டால் பாதையே மாறிப் போகணும்!

பிறரை மாற்ற விழைவதை விட்டு, நாம் மாறினால் என்ன?
துயரைத் துடைக்க இதை விட்டால் வேறு மார்க்கம் என்ன?

விட்டுக் கொடுக்க நம்முடைய துணை அறியாவிடில், நாமே
விட்டுக் கொடுத்துத்தான் பார்ப்போமே! வாழ்வும் மாறிடுமே!

உடனிருப்போருக்குப் பிடிப்பதை நாம் செய்து விடுவோமே;
உடனிருப்போருக்குப் பிடிக்காததைச் செய்யாது விடுவோமே!

நானே பெரியவன், நல்ல அறிவாளி என இருவரும் எண்ண,
தானே வந்து சேரும் விஷயம், தினம் வாக்குவாதம் பண்ண!

அரிது அரிது மானிடராய்ப் பிறத்தல் என அறிந்தும் – இந்த
அரிய பிறவியைக் கசந்து போக வைக்க முயலவேண்டாம்!

குறைவின்றி நம்மைப் படைத்த இறையைத் தலை வணங்கி,
குறைவில்லா இன்பம் பெற இக்கணம் முதல் மாறிடுவோம்!

:decision: . . . :angel:

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
That is the point Renu!
I know a few couples who fight for 'time pass', in their daily routine!! :pound:

Dear RR ji,

I know some who can't stay without fighting..they are addicted to it!LOL

Actually lots of things can be sorted out..for example TV remote fight is a common fight with couples..one sees TV and misplaces the remote and they might start to fight.

I have foreseen all these possibilities ..that's why me and husband have our own set of TV remotes.
No one touches the others TV remote..so that way we will never misplace it and no fights too.

Another fight that can take place is kitchen fight..somehow having a man in the kitchen can cause fights!LOL

So we have kitchen timings too..morning I use it first cos I go to work 1st.
Then husband uses the kitchen for himself.

At night he reaches home first from work..so he uses it for himself first.

Each person has to clean up the kitchen before the other person arrives.

So no fights.

Kitchen wars are the best to see..today I am sure my mum and dad will have a kitchen war cos my mum will be making some Diwali goodies and my dad too will want to make some goodies too!LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
P.J.

P.J.

Madam Raji Ram
Wives are always wife and husbands are always at the receiving end!!!

Padmanabhan.J

Last edited by a moderator:

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
Madam Raji Ram
Wives are always wife and husbands are always at the receiving end!!!

Padmanabhan.J

Dear Sir,

You know in the movie Pammal K Sambandhan Kamal Hassan had given a nice explanation on the role of the Indian Aan(Male) Singham.

[video=youtube_share;HvUhbslYjBE]http://youtu.be/HvUhbslYjBE[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Raji Ram

Gold Member
Gold Member
I never expected a senior to post a link for such weird pictures in our forum!! :faint:
Good that I did not open it in the auspicious DeepAvaLi morning... :scared:

P.S: Thanks to Renu for an apt reply! :thumb:

amala

Dear Raji mami,

Lol I saw this post and ignored and i saw Renu's pammal thing and also ignored thinking ok whatever. After seeing your post only i was curious (gemini after all!) and clicked it!! :fear:

amala

Btw I understand from Nat Geography that the lion is veryyy lazy animal. Never hunts, only the lioness does and never helps look after cub. Only mating and fighting with other lions! Am i missing something here? Any have always been partial to tigers...my country's national animal.

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
Amala,
You are right.
Tigers and tigress both are solitary animals and have to fend for themselves.
Lions are lazy (or smart) and leave all hunting to lioness. They have a harem full of lioness, who are willing to do all chores, for the protection of that male lion. If the male lion looses in the battle with another male lion, the new male lion will kill all cubs of the previous lion, so the lioness will be ready to mate. It is pretty gruesome game.

OP
OP
P.J.

P.J.

Dear Prasad Sir
Humans have not reached that stage; the point is nowadays Girls demand separate family set up,do not want sister in laws around them.
My brother in law who is Bangalore could not find any suitable alliance for his two sons the past 5-6 years even though there is no demand from him; in the talking stage itself, the girls demand separate set up!!

Raji Ram

Gold Member
Gold Member
............. I saw this post and ignored and i saw Renu's pammal thing and also ignored thinking ok whatever. After seeing your post only i was curious (gemini after all!) and clicked it!! :fear:
Dear Amala,

Thanks for your reply! :)

Raji Ram

Gold Member
Gold Member

The head of a family is the one who sets the rules and gets the work done for him!
So, the lion is the best fit to be the king of the jungle!! :bored: . . . :couch2:

OP
OP
P.J.

P.J.

Raji Madam,
Happy Deepavali
The purpose of posting that Lion with Lioness is to show that even the king of the Jungle looks pathetic when it is at the receiving end.

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
Even naming the Lion as king of the jungle is by man.
I do not know if you seen a group of buffalo chase a lion.
Lion is more of an opportune killer. Instead of being a king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks