• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What do you say to yourself or God image when you pray?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very easy to talk of ego of others. Everyone of us living with a physical body and sound body has an ego. We are in this site giving our opinions, we have ego. The egoless person is not here.
We are all seekers and some of us will achieve what we seek. It is really ignorance to call others egoistic, when we ourselves are full of it. And then to top it these egoistic person calls others names and other insults (showing immaturity and ignorance).

The original post asked for:

We answered the points, there is no room to crib about others personal views. So there is no need to criticize others practice.

If the original post wanted a uniform practice that all of humanity should do, then the question was not framed properly. I do not pontificate and I do not have time to listen to some one else pontificating (that too without proper qualification).

Asking for explanation and consistency between two posts is not criticism.

I havent been to a temple for a very long time but on the eve of Buddha Jayanti a few days ago I decided to go to the Buddhist Maha Vihara near my home and next to the Buddhist Temple is a Varadharaja Perumal temple.

So I went to both of these temples..the Perumal temple was undergoing renovation and I did not see the regular Iyengar priests..it was interesting this time cos the priests were all wearing Vibuthi and wearing Rudraksha mala and doing Pooja for Perumal.

The previous set of priests never used to have Vibuthi or Rudraksha mala on their body.

So I thought "wow there seems to be a fusion of Shiva and Vishnu here..good"

But the temple does not have a Shiva Idol..they do have Ganesh though..they have Hanuman and also Navagraha.

Everyone of us living with a physical body and sound body has an ego. We are in this site giving our opinions, we have ego. The egoless person is not here.
We are all seekers and some of us will achieve what we seek.

Actually one of the central teaching of B.Gita is about renunciation. In fact there are many stages of giving up ..
Sri Krishna brings these points is several chapters.

1. Giving up one's duties (like some who run away from their commitments). Obviously this does not amount to any renunciation.
2. Attempt to give up actions seeking to fulfill desires (Kamya Karma etc)
3. Attempt to give up all Karma except those focused on gaining knowledge (which describes one who has chosen the lifestyle of a Sannyasi)
4. Attempt at Tyaga which is about giving up the fruits of actions (Karma Phala Tyaga)
5. Give up the sense of doership. Another way to phrase this is to fully surrender oneself to Isvara

The teachings are intended to be realizable in human life and for one with "vyavasayathmica Buddhi" or ultimate clarity of purpose of life the last part is realizable.

Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and Sri Ramana Maharishi are well known examples though I have come across a few people in my life who are at 'stage 5'

The idea of giving up ego is not an alien concept in our teaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back