• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

‘Sleep with a brahmin to rid yourself of doshas'

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Professor Narendra Nayak, president of Federation of Indian Rationalist Associations, recently conducted a sting to expose an astrologer whose clients were mostly women. Following this expose, a victim has approached the police against the astrologer, claiming he has exploited her.

Twenty-four-year-old Vidya (name changed), a BCA graduate was going through several problems in her life, as her parents were separated, and she had failed to land a secure job. Though a brave girl, she fell prey to an advertisement repeatedly telecast on local television channels that projected "astrologer" Ramakrishna Sharma, who was recently arrested by the police. Since he had a "solution to all problems" and could "restore peace of mind", according to the ads, she consulted Ramakrishna.

Speaking to Bangalore Mirror of her ordeal, she said, "Since nothing positive was happening in my life, I decided to try my luck with this astrologer in August. He convinced me that my problems would be solved for which I needed to pay Rs 15,000 for pujas he would perform. When I said I did not have the money, he said, I could pay half the amount then and the rest, after I got the results. Hence, I paid him Rs 8,000. He gave me a variety of prasads, some that were black in colour to be kept under my pillow, lemons under the bed and so on. After about one-and-a-half months, I noticed that my problems continued, so I asked him to refund the money I had paid him. He instead told me that my father's family had performed black magic on me. I told him I had no enemies. He went on to ask me for more money but I did not pay him."

Vidya says that his real name could be Lokesh, for that is how she was introduced to him. One day, when she saw some women waiting for him, she asked them to leave as he had no solution to their problems. But the astrologer managed to retain his clients.

"I realised that this man had no solution to anyone's problems. He was only swindling people. He kept telling me that I will have to wait. Finally, he told me that my Doshas would end if I slept with a Brahmin. While he was very cool as he offered this solution, I was shocked and told him that I was not interested. I asked him to return my money," she said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bengaluru/sleep-witha-brahmin-to-rid-yourself-of-doshas/articleshow/56414082.cms

But in case the sleeping occurs, would the doshas get transferred to the Brahmin?

I hope the the 'doshas' get transferred by the mere suggestion alone :) ..He has already committed the act by this thought !

There are more who talk lot and write for pages about blind belief, superstition, etc but when it comes to legislation the Government don’t get enough support.

Does it mean people are interested only in talking and not for any action or reform…?

Government shelves anti-superstition bill indefinitely

BENGALURU: The controversial anti-superstition bill is headed for the cold storage, as the Congress government isn't getting support from its own leaders for its first major social reform initiative.

Sources in the social welfare department said: "The government decided to shelve the bill due to lack of consensuses among ruling party leaders on what constitutes superstitious and religious beliefs. It doesn't want to take any chances as 2017 is an election year.''

In a tweet on Wednesday, chief minister Siddaramaiah broadly indicated the fate of the Bill saying a section of people are blocking the proposed law against superstitious practices and the government cannot bring in such legislation unless they get widespread support.

Soon after the Congress was voted into office in May 2013, Siddaramaiah had asked an expert panel from the Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy from the National Law School of India University for suggestions and presented the first draft bill in November. It outlined 13 superstitious practices across communities, particularly those inflicting self-wounds and conversion through bribery.

However, the government shelved it after a series of protests from religious mutts and political parties. Congress leaders themselves questioned the need for the new law when it had not been an election promise.

Read more at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...on-bill-indefinitely/articleshow/56128143.cms

Last edited by a moderator:
hi

selection is brahmin is tough...like some special brahmanas for SAVUNDI/BRAHMNARTHAM IN DEVASAM....who knows?...

even the astrologer himself ready to offer to remove the doshas...

When a person does NOT have belief in himself / herself, an astrologer's help is sought!

And, when there are persons ready to get cheated, persons who cheat will surely exist! :heh:

...... even the astrologer himself ready to offer to remove the doshas...
Though his name has 'Sharma' as prefix, he does not appear to be a brahmin!

Look at his pic:

hqdefault.jpg

Source: Ramakrishna Sharma, who was recently arrested by the police.

Who is bothered about the appearance of Ramakrishna Sharma...

It is the caption of the news item that attracts more to this thread which may include the THREAD OPENER also. LOL

Going by the reports, it is this Sharma who suggested her to .......

--------------------------------

When Vidya realised that Sharma was deceiving her and that the man had no solution to anyone’s problems, he finally told her that her Doshas would end if she slept with a Brahmin.

“While he was very cool as he offered this solution, I was shocked and told him that I was not interested. I asked him to return my money,” she said.

On Jan 7, she decided to visit his office seeking refund. She found the office locked and was told by the people in the laundry below his “den” to call Prof Narendra Nayak, president of Federation of Indian Rationalist Associations

(FIRA) FIRA conducted a sting on Sharma and was later arrested and remanded to judicial custody. Vidya is convinced there are many women, especially those who could not conceive, out there unsure if they can approach the police.

Read more at: http://naradanews.com/2017/01/astro...-with-a-brahmin-to-get-rid-herself-of-doshas/

Is sexual exploitation happening only in Hinduism? Are there no controversies in other religions?

To start a thread imputing a certain wrong doing to brahmins seems not to be in good taste. If one has to separate this wrong doing catergorywise there would be far more wrongdoers in other categories than in the category of brahmins.

Dear Sravna Sir,

This thread shows how gullible even the educated girls are!

Why approach an astrologer without believing in oneself?

As I wrote earlier, as long as persons are ready to get cheated, cheater will surely exist! :evil:

The topic being conveniently shifted to 'men' now...... from Brahmin.....LOL

I have seen Women's wing both at Tihar and at Puzhal Jails.

While Natarajan is undergoing treatment at a hospital, his wife Sasikala is enjoying her stay at Parapana Agraharam.

After all, women are women! :sad:

This speaks volume......LOL

Men are Men becos of testosterone..Women are Women becos of Estrogen.
This is how it was meant to be..Men are the Plugs and Women are the Sockets...A perfect fit makes life electrifying.

Only those who dont fix the plug and socket well die of an electric shock.

Last edited:
The topic being conveniently shifted to 'men' now...... from Brahmin.....LOL

I have seen Women's wing both at Tihar and at Puzhal Jails.

While Natarajan is undergoing treatment at a hospital, his wife Sasikala is enjoying her stay at Parapana Agraharam.

After all, women are women! :sad:

This speaks volume......LOL

I am suddenly remembering Actor Vivek as a police man..where he says I am Agni Putran..son of fire!LoL

Whatever said and done never underestimate a female..we can make and we can also break.

I am suddenly remembering Actor Vivek as a police man..where he says I am Agni Putran..son of fire!LoL

I am also suddenly remember Actor Kamal Haasan as a Doctor 'Vasool Raja MBBS' fake one... posing as though he is doing operation in an OPERATION THEATER but actually eating his stomach full. LOL

One can't help, but only laugh, at people who wander in reel world.... and come here to comment on real issues.....LOL

Whatever said and done never underestimate afemale..we can make and we can also break.

b00f1b6497220b8e39fadc94da9841ce.jpg

9k=

Source: google images

Now I am reminded of Micheal Jackson...

Well they say the sky's the limit
And to me that's really true
But my friend you have seen nothin'
Just wait 'til I get through
Because I'm bad, I'm bad come on
You know I'm bad, I'm bad come on, you know it
And the whole world has to
Answer right now
Just to tell you once again
Who's bad?

There is are members who think they are the moral police. They have taken the task of categorizing posts as "anti-Hindu" (post#11), or "anti-Brahmin" (post#12).

Please see the posts without your own prejudice. I am a Hindu and I am a Brahmin. I do not see what you see, so please do not ascribe your views to others posts. Let us discuss the posts without your biases as it diverts the discussion.

Now I am reminded of Micheal Jackson...

Well they say the sky's the limit
But my friend you have seen nothin'
Just wait 'til I get through
Because I'm bad, I'm bad come on
And the whole world has to
Answer right now
Just to tell you once again
Who's bad?

Incidentally, I just remember the next stanza of the very same song which goes like this….LOL

The word is out
You're doin' wrong
Gonna lock you up
Before too long,
Your lyin' eyes
Gonna tell you right
So listen up
Don't make a fight,
Your talk is cheap
You're not a man
You're throwin' stones
To hide your hands

But they say the sky's the limit
But my friend you have seen nothing
Just wait 'til I get through...

Because I'm bad, I'm bad - come on
(Bad bad - really, really bad)
You know I'm bad, I'm bad - you know it
You know I'm bad, I'm bad - you know it, you know
And the whole world has to answer right now
(And the whole world has to answer right now)
Just to tell you once again,
(Just to tell you once again)
Who's bad...

There is are members who think they are the moral police. They have taken the task of categorizing posts as "anti-Hindu" (post#11), or "anti-Brahmin" (post#12).

Please see the posts without your own prejudice. I am a Hindu and I am a Brahmin. I do not see what you see, so please do not ascribe your views to others posts. Let us discuss the posts without your biases as it diverts the discussion.

I am not certainly the member who wrote about Gigolo (Hope you know the meaning) Posting No.4

I am not certainly the member who came here and offered her expert opinion to say that Ramakrishna Sharma does not look like to Brahmin…LOL Posting No.9

I am not the member who discussed about ‘Vivek and Agni Puthran…Lol

And I am not the member who wrote Michael Jackson Song….

Overlooking all these, shows that some one here is really biased and has come here merely to comment on others with malice.

If one start looking through the prism of malice, everyother may appear to be wrong ….

And I am ready to discuss about the topic with keen interest, provided every one is serious .... repeat bit serious.

Professor Narendra Nayak, president of Federation of Indian Rationalist Associations, recently conducted a sting to expose an astrologer whose clients were mostly women. Following this expose, a victim has approached the police against the astrologer, claiming he has exploited her.

Twenty-four-year-old Vidya (name changed), a BCA graduate was going through several problems in her life, as her parents were separated, and she had failed to land a secure job. Though a brave girl, she fell prey to an advertisement repeatedly telecast on local television channels that projected "astrologer" Ramakrishna Sharma, who was recently arrested by the police. Since he had a "solution to all problems" and could "restore peace of mind", according to the ads, she consulted Ramakrishna.

Speaking to Bangalore Mirror of her ordeal, she said, "Since nothing positive was happening in my life, I decided to try my luck with this astrologer in August. He convinced me that my problems would be solved for which I needed to pay Rs 15,000 for pujas he would perform. When I said I did not have the money, he said, I could pay half the amount then and the rest, after I got the results. Hence, I paid him Rs 8,000. He gave me a variety of prasads, some that were black in colour to be kept under my pillow, lemons under the bed and so on. After about one-and-a-half months, I noticed that my problems continued, so I asked him to refund the money I had paid him. He instead told me that my father's family had performed black magic on me. I told him I had no enemies. He went on to ask me for more money but I did not pay him."

Vidya says that his real name could be Lokesh, for that is how she was introduced to him. One day, when she saw some women waiting for him, she asked them to leave as he had no solution to their problems. But the astrologer managed to retain his clients.

"I realised that this man had no solution to anyone's problems. He was only swindling people. He kept telling me that I will have to wait. Finally, he told me that my Doshas would end if I slept with a Brahmin. While he was very cool as he offered this solution, I was shocked and told him that I was not interested. I asked him to return my money," she said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bengaluru/sleep-witha-brahmin-to-rid-yourself-of-doshas/articleshow/56414082.cms

This article is in bad taste...This is belittling a minuscule community which XXX (as he is banned by our forum) propagated in an organized manner in TN...

shows that some one here is really biased and has come here merely to comment on others with malice.

If one start looking through the prism of malice, everyother may appear to be wrong ….

And I am ready to discuss about the topic with keen interest, provided every one is serious .... repeat bit serious.

I agree with you.
I have been in this site for a long time. I know that the thread meanders like a river. Distractions are inevitable. But there is no need to castigate other posters for the post, just because of your own prejudice.

This article is in bad taste...This is belittling a minuscule community which XXX (as he is banned by our forum) propagated in an organized manner in TN...

WOW so you have joined the moral police?
It is not a story, it is a news item that all Rational people should condemn. I do not belong to XXX organisation. I campained and had XXX banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back