• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

‘Sleep with a brahmin to rid yourself of doshas'

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree with you.
I have been in this site for a long time. I know that the thread meanders like a river. Distractions are inevitable. But there is no need to castigate other posters for the post, just because of your own prejudice.

I don't give more importance to judgements of others for the only reason that they are here for a long time and at the same time I don't underestimate the opinion of a 'Newbie'.

I treat both are one and the same.

When nothing worthwhile was discussed... where is the question of prejudice.....?? This is nothing but an unfounded allegation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey doesnt anyone read the tabloids?
The media always reports in a sensational way to gain focus of the mind.

Many many years ago ...I started a thread called X rated thread..boy..did everyone rush in to check it out..but it was just a decent thread talking about everything that starts with the letter X.

So..you see the heading..Sleep with a Brahmin to rid of Doshas is just to highlight the fact that a fraudster is cheating women in need of some astrological remedy..a gulliable depressed woman could fall for it.

God knows some other astrologer would say Sleep with Jaat to get rid of fear...or Sleep with a Bania to
rid of poverty..or in extreme cases..sleep with a she donkey to get rid of inability to find a bride.

I am not certainly the member who wrote about Gigolo (Hope you know the meaning) Posting No.4

I am not certainly the member who came here and offered her expert opinion to say that Ramakrishna Sharma does not look like to Brahmin…LOL Posting No.9

I am not the member who discussed about ‘Vivek and Agni Puthran…Lol

And I am not the member who wrote Michael Jackson Song….

Overlooking all these, shows that some one here is really biased and has come here merely to comment on others with malice.

If one start looking through the prism of malice, everyother may appear to be wrong ….

And I am ready to discuss about the topic with keen interest, provided every one is serious .... repeat bit serious.

Naan Avan Illai?

Dear Shri Prasad,

You cannot call my view a prejudice just because I am a brahmin. I am talking about the truth. Dont you think there are far more people out there other than brahmins who try to dupe gullible people? Is there a good reason for starting this thread?

Dear Shri Prasad,

You cannot call my view a prejudice just because I am a brahmin. I am talking about the truth. Dont you think there are far more people out there other than brahmins who try to dupe gullible people? Is there a good reason for starting this thread?

Dear Sravna,

I really dont get it...the fraudster astrologer told the woman concerned that sleeping with a Brahmin would rid of her Doshas.

That is just the topic here and nothing else.

No one is running down Brahmins or targeting Brahmins here..its just the fault of the fraudster that is using the name of Brahmins for his crime.

Just to let you know..a lot of people have high regard for true Brahmins ..some innocent gullible ones could think that it might really help cure them by sleeping with a Brahmin as to purify them from the doshas.

Those who can think would know that this is never true cos a true Brahmin would never engaged in illicit intercourse.

So why is everyone jumping on Prasad Ji here as if he wrote the article.

Prasad Ji was merely sharing an article.
Thats all.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

I do not want to be called any police but the truth is, thinking you can express anything and never be responded to adversely is deluding yourself by the notion of freedom of speech. Even freedom of speech is not free of cost.

No woman is gullible enough to be influenced in the way you say. In any case how would you prevent gullibility from being exploited by others? Why single out brahmins is my question when they are in reality not been as culpable as others in any wrongdoing?

Dear Renuka,

I do not want to be called any police but the truth is, thinking you can express anything and never be responded to adversely is deluding yourself by the notion of freedom of speech. Even freedom of speech is not free of cost.

No woman is gullible enough to be influenced in the way you say. In any case how would you prevent gullibility from being exploited by others? Why single out brahmins is my question when they are in reality not been as culpable as others in any wrongdoing?

Dear Sravna,

You have surely not come across cases of depressed individuals who really need a remedy. Desperate Depressed individuals sometimes lose their sense of judgment.

In fact here many a times the police arrest Shamans who tell female clients that they have powers and sleeping with them will get rid of their problems.

Some are even drugged and raped when they resists.

BTW Sravna...I thought you were beyond bodily identification and would be able to see this article not as Brahmin Bashing but rather as a warning to females that do not be duped by fraudster astrologers who misuse the name of Brahmins for personal gain.

Its that simple.

Dear Sravna,

You have surely not come across cases of depressed individuals who really need a remedy. Desperate Depressed individuals sometimes lose their sense of judgment.

In fact here many a times the police arrest Shamans who tell female clients that they have powers and sleeping with them will get rid of their problems.

Some are even drugged and raped when they resists.

BTW Sravna...I thought you were beyond bodily identification and would be able to see this article not as Brahmin Bashing but rather as a warning to females that do not be duped by fraudster astrologers who misuse the name of Brahmins for personal gain.

Its that simple.

Yes Renuka you are correct. I try to go beyond identifying with a particular group. But let us be fair because people can also be influenced by false propaganda and reading this article one may get a wrong impression about brahmins. Actually I concede what Prasad Ji intended may have been different and it would have been a lot more acceptable to everyone if the title and the focus had been about gullible people being duped.

[h=1]It is nothingbut yet another case of exploitation and exposure of irrational belief.[/h][h=1] [/h][h=1]DefinitelyRamakrishna Sharma is the NOT the first one to misguide an innocent..... and there may be more…[/h][h=1]And there maybe more victims too..[/h][h=1]Now the fakeastrologer was arrested by the police and is reported to be in judicialcustody.

A few expect can of warms would open up.. and there may be more in store…[/h][h=1]It is this manwho seems to have ‘solution to all problems of others’ may first find out a solution for himself now…..LOL[/h][h=1] [/h]

Yes Renuka you are correct. I try to go beyond identifying with a particular group. But let us be fair because people can also be influenced by false propaganda and reading this article one may get a wrong impression about brahmins. Actually I concede what Prasad Ji intended may have been different and it would have been a lot more acceptable to everyone if the title and the focus had been about gullible people being duped.

Dear Sravna,

Yes..people might get the wrong impression of Brahmins if fraudsters like this astrologer is not exposed and arrested.

That is what this whole article is about.

Ok..lets get real...for eg the Indian verbally abused in New Zealand by a White Kiwi..would not that article too paint all Caucasian Kiwis in the same shade and give everyone the wrong impression that all Caucasian Kiwis are racists?

But not many in Forum thought that whole incident was a very isolated incident and one was jumping high and low there claiming its racism.

But wont a Caucasian Kiwi feel that its portraying all Caucasian Kiwis in bad light?

This is where we really can realize if we are able to not be attached to our personal identification and be a true judge of the situation.

The bitter truth is Samadarshinah does not exists.

Last edited:

It is nothing but yet another case of exploitation and exposure of irrational belief.

Definitely Ramakrishna Sharma is the NOT the first one to misguide an innocent..... and there may be more…

And there may be more victims too..

Now the fake astrologer was arrested by the police and is reported to be in judicial custody.

A few expect can of warms would open up.. and there may be more in store…

It is this man who seems to have
‘solution to all problems of others’ may first find out a solution for himself now…..LOL

While with the arrest of Sharma, local public may heave a sigh of relief.....

but what about the inmates of the prison where he is going to be lodged........?

He will have more clients there to listen to him. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sravna,

Yes..people might get the wrong impression of Brahmins if fraudsters like this astrologer is not exposed and arrested.

That is what this whole article is about.

Ok..lets get real...for eg the Indian verbally abused in New Zealand by a White Kiwi..would not that article too paint all Caucasian Kiwis in the same shade and give everyone the wrong impression that all Caucasian Kiwis are racists?

But not many in Forum thought that whole incident was a very isolated incident and many were jumping high and low there claiming its racism.

But wont a Caucasian Kiwi feel that its portraying all Caucasian Kiwis in bad light?

This is where we really can realize if we are able to not be attached to our personal identification and be a true judge of the situation.

The bitter truth is Samadarshinah does not exists.

Renuka,

People will form their own opinion about who is right or who is wrong. That is the case with the caucasian kiwi. But when someone trying to force the opinion that the caucasian kiwi is right or wrong there is bound to be opposing views. But there are real factors to decide who is right or wrong.

Your analogy is also not right. When somebody does a wrong he is not in a moral position to feel that his wrong doing should not have consequences. So racism cannot be compared to the situation under discussion here. Racism is rampant and openly and shamelessly fostered by a country supposed to be based on the idea of equality.

Renuka,

People will form their own opinion about who is right or who is wrong. That is the case with the caucasian kiwi. But when someone trying to force the opinion that the caucasian kiwi is right or wrong there is bound to be opposing views. But there are real factors to decide who is right or wrong.

Your analogy is also not right. When somebody does a wrong he is not in a moral position to feel that his wrong doing should not have consequences. So racism cannot be compared to the situation under discussion here. Racism is rampant and openly and shamelessly fostered by a country supposed to be based on the idea of equality.

Dear Sravna,

We humans tend to have a limited vision.
We only see what we want to see especially if its involves the community we come from.

What is so hard to just stand as a witness and witness a situation.

A person from a Middle eastern country and a totally different religion recently told me that many of his fellow countrymen can be narrow minded and not progressive in thoughts.

This person is a learned person yet he didnt feel he is putting his community down to me.

He said Truth is Truth.

Its an admirable quality to be able to see the Truth without attachment.

Renuka,

You have a wrong conception of fairness. Just as it means we should not lean towards what is connected to self it also means we should not be against it when fairness does not demand it. As you say let us speak only the truth.

My article's headline was what was reported by the news item. It was against one astrologer, who happened to be Brahmin, Hindu, Indian, and a human being. So if it is bashing, Astrologers, Brahmins, Hindus, Indians and Human being, so be it. Crimes are generally carried out by humans.
I can say that every post is bashing somebody or other. So go do it to yourself, what you want others to do it to themselves. You do not need my help. I am just sorry at the lack of simple understanding.

Renuka,

You have a wrong conception of fairness. Just as it means we should not lean towards what is connected to self it also means we should not be against it when fairness does not demand it. As you say let us speak only the truth.

Dear Sravna,

I do not mean that.

You see for eg this whole thread has been misunderstood as Brahmin Bashing.

Why?

Becos there is some form of attachment.

The same goes for any other community..for eg if the article was Sleep with a Thevar to gain political mileage..even the Thevar community would also feel its Thevar Bashing.

The reason is becos of attachment but at the same time I am NOT advocating to be an Illichavaiyan and let self be stoned to death and not defend ourselves.

Truth has no name..no caste..no form..no nothing.

I hope you get the difference here.

Truth has no name..no caste..no form..no nothing.

I hope you get the difference here.

Now Renuka you see what I have been saying. Why use brahmin as the focus when you could have simply talked about gullible people being duped?

Now Renuka you see what I have been saying. Why use brahmin as the focus when you could have simply talked about gullible people being duped?

Sravna...the topic was about this astrologer saying Sleep with a Brahmin to rid of Doshas?

So it was reported as such becos the focus was the usage of the Brahmin community in the wrong light.

Ok lets say when there is a suicide bomber attack..what do the Tabloids say?

"Arab blows up himself in crowded market place..linked to IS"

So is that also dragging in Arabs?

So what should be reported?

"Man blows himself up in crowded market place"

Then article should read...

A man whose racial identity can not be revealed blew himself up in a crowded market place in a country that can not be named. He was supposedly having links with an organization that can not be named too.

Last edited:
Sravna...the topic was about this astrologer saying Sleep with a Brahmin to rid of Doshas?

So it was reported as such becos the focus was the usage of the Brahmin community in the wrong light.

A man whose racial identity can not be revealed blew himself up in a crowded market place in a country that can not be named. He was supposedly having links with an organization that can not be named too.

Here you are talking about a fact which has to be reported as such. Try to differentiate between facts and views. When you are trying to talk about a view it is advisable to present it in an objective manner and not in a way that suggests prejudice.

That is hilarious, but it makes your point.

Here you are talking about a fact which has to be reported as such. Try to differentiate between facts and views. When you are trying to talk about a view it is advisable to present it in an objective manner and not in a way that suggests prejudice.

You have tied yourself in a knot. So the facts must be altered when it refers to Brahmin (crook) but have to be facts when it is about Muslims.

You have tied yourself in a knot. So the facts must be altered when it refers to Brahmin (crook) but have to be facts when it is about Muslims.

Dear Shri Prasad,

You seem not to get the point. There is no disputing the point that a brahmin can be a crook. The tenor that suggests brahmins are crooks is not grounded in reality and is misleading.

Just some time last week in nationalism thread you were saying that we should not view Muslims or Pakistanis differently ..you were talking on lines of Universal outlook..elevating our mind to a higher state of understanding...but now if an Arab blows himself up its a fact?

Hey isnt this unfair..we still cant generalize any community to a particular act or crime.

There is good and bad in every community..even the astrologers community is being doubted becos he does not look Brahminish..but as we know Indians of any community comes with a 50 shades of brown ranging from very light to very dark.

So its actually very hard to know race of a person just from looks...for eg.there is a 46 yr old smoking hot actor named Daniel Sunjata who at one glance looks Semetic but in reality his biological dad is an African American and mum a Caucasian...btw do check him out.

Ok back to topic..good and bad exists in every community..this is a fact no one with a certain degree of neuronal activity can ever deny.

Dear Shri Prasad,

You seem not to get the point. There is no disputing the point that a brahmin can be a crook. The tenor that suggests brahmins are crooks is not grounded in reality and is misleading.

Sravna..
The article never mentioned anywhere about Brahmins being crooks...all it said is the astrologer using the name of Brahmins to commit a crime.

...You seem not to get the point. There is no disputing the point that a brahmin can be a crook. The tenor that suggests brahmins are crooks is not grounded in reality and is misleading.
Dear Sravna Sir,

The article says:

...Twenty-four-year-old Vidya (name changed), a BCA graduate was going through several problems in her life, as her parents

were separated, and she had failed to land a secure job. Though a brave girl, she fell prey to an advertisement repeatedly

telecast on local television channels that projected "astrologer" Ramakrishna Sharma, who was recently arrested by the police.

Since he had a "solution to all problems" and could "restore peace of mind", according to the ads, she consulted Ramakrishna. ....

Nowhere it mentions that ALL brahmins are crooks!! :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back