• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vow to speak Brahmin Tamil

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is high time the new members learn a lesson.

All great places are reached by long winding paths.

There is no short cut to success or for becoming famous.

Such crazy attempts will make a person

instantly notorious... not instantly famous!
:evil:

I agree whole heartedly Mrs. Visalakshi Ramani!
May I quote Robert Frost's "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening":
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And Miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
Humility breeds success. Best Wishes!

dear Mr. Kahanam,

Even if a person is not humble, he/she/it can at least be civil in a forum with more

than 13,000 educated and elite members!

A person can get angry but the problems should be to solved in civil, mature,

reasonable, peaceful and acceptable ways.

with warm regards,
V.R.

Last edited:
as vimala mam says it is first essential to speak proper pure tamil language with proper accent rather than talking like chennaiite, brahminish. the sanctity of language should not be lost and no point in talking with persons who will try to irritate and comment more, that is my personal experience

Respected senior friends and moderators,

I am happy that at least a few seniors raised objection to that unworthy post in this forum.

(It is not worth quoting again!)

If the first post is so nasty by a member (!!) what can we expect from this person in the future?

Asking such a question is easy but no one should care to answer it.

Please send it right away to the TRASH!

Regards,
Raji Ram

My dear sister Raji Ram,
you have not read the entry in my blog I think.
Only a mentally deranged person can write such a
p
ost
and dare to post it in a blog after writing it!
with best wishes,
V.R.

dear Mr. Kahanam,

Even if a person is not humble, he/she/it an at least be civil in a forum with more

with warm regards,
V.R.

Smt. Visalakshi ji,

I share the same views with yours..

I am surprised and disheartened to note controversial statements even in a thread topic on a very casual points pertaining to brahmins. It seems, we as non vedici brahmins got no sense/validity to figure out our uniqueness in any form and share our views. It seems, we have this forum only to point out and explore how ridiculous we are (if we really are).

Its seems motivating me to participate only in controversial topics or the one that got nothing to do specifically with group ism (if assumed), where the purpose truly serves, rather than the one like this thread, that seems making no sense at all.

Sri KRS Ji,

IMHO, if any post found to be irrelevantly controversial to the topic of the thread like this (leading to unwanted debates based on discriminating like feelings), should be deleted along with other posts in response, supporting such posts & encouraging rebuttal on such grounds, rather just editing unpleasant words.

This may help this website to have its own value and decorum...

I have just expressed my views and not intended to pin point mistakes of any one.

Dear Sri Ravi Ji,

I agree that the post should have been removed as soon as it was posted - I missed it. However, since a lot of you took time to comment, I made a judgement call to let them stand with the offensive words edited out.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri Ravi Ji,

I agree that the post should have been removed as soon as it was posted - I missed it. However, since a lot of you took time to comment, I made a judgement call to let them stand with the offensive words edited out.

Regards,
KRS

Sri KRS ji,

I agree with you and I do understand that a moderator can't fix such things up, the moment posting takes place (that is possible only by programmed computer applications and this obviously cannot be programed to filter out).

What I am implying as a humble suggestion is, in future, after receiving protest against such posts from couple of other members (that is found reasonable with out a doubt), it is better to remove such posts including the posts that sounds encouraging. If this is done, we can be rest assured of not giving a chance to others to continue with unwanted debating in the threads like this, that is meant for casual analysis and its practical applications.

For example, when one newbie has raised one serious question in this casual thread, remains questioning, though unpleasant words are removed. A same person or any other such newbie may take the interest to continue with it.

**This is what just I feel. May be it would not be feasible as per the policy of this website, considering various aspects...

dear Mr. Kahanam,

Even if a person is not humble, he/she/it an at least be civil in a forum with more

with warm regards,
V.R.

Dear Mrs. Visalakshi Ramani,

Well said. But Politeness is a virtue that comes with good upbringing, not with wealth, education or position. Anger is the shield to protect weakness of a person. Using bad language shows a person's cultural vacuum . Mr. KRS will agree with me that we have come across such individuals in "Tamil Brahmins" Forum periodically to disturb the congenial atmosphere and leave once the purpose was achieved.

Vidya Dadaathi Vinayam.... (Knowledge gives humbleness...) says Hitopadesa.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Mr.Brahmanyan,

Peace and congeniality were restored less than a month ago and fresh threats

emerge! I have read that "A slammed door is a confession of weakness".

I guess the verbal equivalent of a 'slammed door' is the usage of dirty words.

Poor moderators must be having a tough time, since the messages get posted

before they know what is happening! Even if they work round the clock, such

incidents can not be totally averted unless people start behaving in a more

responsible manner.

with warm regards,
Visalakshi Ramani.

dear Mr. Ravi,

Our Forum is a mixture of people of different age groups, different careers,

different qualifications and different languages.

Even in a house no two people see 'eye to eye' or have identical opinions in

different issues.

Unless persons decide to behave properly this will be a recurring problem!

Mutual respect and a civil behavior will save and serve the forum well.

with warm regards,
V.R.

Dear KRS,
I am simple human being.I do not have perfect senses or the complete realized knowledge to answer.Neither am i a philosopher. I started this thread to know,gain the knowledge of casteism according to sriptures/authority. Its not to disrespect,harm,hurt,or belittle anyone.

I don't know the reason,why this topic always flares,if questioned about the authenticity of caste or asked about it technically.

Kindly explain to improve my knowledge and others about this common topic technically,authoritatively,plainly and in easily understandable manner.

Regards
prepsuna

Dear KRS,
I am simple human being.I do not have perfect senses or the complete realized knowledge to answer.Neither am i a philosopher. I started this thread to know,gain the knowledge of casteism according to sriptures/authority. Its not to disrespect,harm,hurt,or belittle anyone.

I don't know the reason,why this topic always flares,if questioned about the authenticity of caste or asked about it technically.

Kindly explain to improve my knowledge and others about this common topic technically,authoritatively,plainly and in easily understandable manner.

Regards
prepsuna

Dear prepsuna,

Though you are seeking reply from Sri KRS ji, I would like to answer you with due respect to Sri KRS ji, being the first person in this thread to condemn your post.

First of all, its not you, who have started this thread...You have just participated in this thread with briliant questioning. The only point here is, you can very well raise such questions to enlighten yourself and others in establishing the real identity of each caste and its authenticity and or sensibility, in other threads which is focusing on such topics.

You need not to be a supreme human with extra ordinary senses to understand the thread topic and make relevant participation.

This thread is purely to understand, evaluate and share a particular dialect of Tamil Bhramins and its appropriate usage.

You can well question and debate on the authenticity of caste technically and emotionally as you want, but with a great sense of respect & diplomacy, in any thread that is clearly indicative to this subject. Just refrain yourself from such questioning unmindful of the thread topic.

Last edited:
Hi!

Being a new member am responding bit late to the forum discussion that is going on for quiet some days now. I agree that each & every Tamizh Brahamanan should try his level best to speak only in Brahamanical Tamizh; but at times knowingly or unknowingly you start responding in the opposite persons language (if you to know so speak) this more difficult for a person who hails from Mumbai; bread & bought up in Mumbai. But we speak Brahamanical Tamizh at home and also at the veda class that I've been attending for the past three years or so.

Some times you are pushed to a corner if you do not get proper response (or if he regrets to understand) from a person with whom you are speaking in Brahamanical Tamizh you are forced dto speak their Tamizh.

Hence taking a vow in general that one will speak only Brahamanical Tamizh does not stand good. Yes one can surly try to speak in Brahamanical Tamizh wherever & whenever chance arises.

Namaskarangal,

P R Subramanian.

Dear Sri prepsuna Ji,
One does not start with a demeaning statement that on it's face seems to be angry and use words that seem to compare our readership to some animals. Without knowing where you are coming from, the offensive words were edited out.

Because this Forum allows one to post without revealing one's identity, it is very important that one articulates one's position well in a pertinent thread. Yours was short on both accounts.

We however welcome you to contribute with clear articulation of your thoughts under proper threads as long as you abide by the Forum rules.

Regards,
KRS
Dear KRS,

Regards
prepsuna

ரிஷி மூலம் நதி மூலம் தெரிந்து கொண்டு
என்ன செய்யப் போகின்றோம் நாம் ?

கள்ளியைச் செடியை வேருடன் வெட்டாமல்
கேள்விகள் கேட்டு உதவுவது எதற்கு?

சூரியனும் சந்திரனும் யாவர்க்கும் சொந்தம்
இல்லாவிட்டாலும் பூமியில் பந்தம்...

இங்கயும் இருக்கும் யாவர்க்கும் உரிமை
தூய்மை இருந்தாலே வேண்டாம் கடுமை...

இவர்யாரோ? அவர்யாரோ? வேண்டாம் சந்தேகம்
அறிவும் பரிவும் இருந்தாலே போதும்....

சேற்றின் மீது கல் எறிந்தால் நம் மீதும் தெறிக்கும்.
சேற்றின் அருகில் அறியாமல் நின்றாலும் கூடவா?

'துஷ்டனைக் கண்டால் தூர விலகு' என்பார்கள்.
சேற்றினைக் கண்டாலும் தூர விலக வேண்டும்.

கள்ளிச் செடியை எத்தனை தான் முயன்றாலும்
முல்லைச் செடியாக நம்மால் மாற்ற இயலுமா?

சொல்லில் இருந்தால் தூய்மை
நெஞ்சில் வாராதே கடுமை.

பேச்சில் இருந்தால் பண்பு
நெஞ்சில் பெருகுமே பரிவு.

உள்ளதாகிய உரிமை எதற்காக?
உள்ளங்களைக் குத்தி கிழிக்கவா?

Last edited:
கனிந்த மரமே பல கல்லடி படும்
இனிக்கும் கவிதையே சொல்லடிபடும்.

கனிந்த கனியையே கிளி கொத்தும்
கனியைச் சுவைத்து பாழாக்கும்.

பொய்மை இருந்தால் உண்மைக்கு அழகு
கேள்விகள் இருந்தால் பதிலுக்கு அழகு
வாதம் இருந்தால் விவாதத்துக்கு அழகு
அழகுக்கு அழகு கூடும் நம் பேச்சழகு

கிளி சுவித்த கனி, கிளிக்கே சொந்தம்
பாதி சுவித்து மீதியை விடும்
நமக்கு வேண்டாம் பாழானது
மீதி சுவையானது ஏராளம் , அதுவே போதும்

காயும் பழமும் இயற்க்கைக்கு அழகு
பகல்லு இரவ்வும் பூமிக்கு அழகு
பேதம் இருந்தால் வாழ்வுக்கு அழகு
அழகுக்கு அழகு கூடும் நம் ரசனை அழகு

பாட்டுக்கு இசைப்பாட்டு மகழ்ச்சி தானே
கவிதைக்கு பொய்யும் அழகு தானே
தெளிவாக கூறும் உண்மைகளும் உண்டு
தேவையானவை நமக்கு சொந்தம் தானே

நக்ஷத்ரங்கள் கோடி வானத்துக்கு அழகு
தனித்து இருந்தாலும் சந்திரன் அழகு
பார்க்கும் பார்வை கண்ணுக்கு அழகு
அழகுக்கு அழகு கூடும் நம் இதயம் அழகு

Why this fanaticism? After all, a language is created and meant to help us in our day to day life and to communicate ideas.Whatever may be the plus points of a language, it only creates a divide. I am a Tamilian, Hindiwalla, Bengali Marathi etc etc. It restricts your area of action. The world is becoming smaller and smaller and more and more people are moving to other areas in search of greener pastures. You have to learn more languages to help better communication.
No language is God-send. Each one took years to evolve and new words and ideas made it richer. We have thousands of languages, living and dead, in the world and each one has its own merits and demerits. Some languages were created for political purposes and some for scientific. If English has attained prime position it is because it has no inhibitions. There are some tamil,Hindi, Sanskrit words in English. Why don't we adopt this attitude?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back