• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vow to speak Brahmin Tamil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr. Swami,
That means you have been missing all my posts in Tamil :(
Well, the quotation simply means, 'Dharbai' must be burnt on the tongue of such a person to make it more flexible!
May be a good suggestion?!
with warm regards,
V.R.

Thanks.

I have heard it before.

Regards,
Swami

It is difficult to speak brahminical Tamil in the work place within Tamilnadu. Already there is hatred prevailing against our community and each one of us are trying to avoid being identified as `brahmins'. Our names and appearance may indicate that we may belong to a particular sect. By speaking brahminical accent Tamil, we will be confirming that we belong to brahmin sect.

I wish people try to adopt common Tamil spoken by everybody possibly in the purest form within Tamilnadu.

All the best

I am 65 and is a tamilnadu state government pensioner risen to senior possition while retiring.. From my tender age I used to wear Vibuthi as tripundram always I speak brahminical tamil .I used to greet anyone I meet with folded hands even now I was respected and not humiliated throughout my service.Even my non brahmin boss would reciprocate with folded hands when I do so with folded hands. they may not return when they are soluted in english way.When we stick to our habit defenitely we will not be humiliated but when we ourselves are having wavering mind it will yield bad result.

It is difficult to speak brahminical Tamil in the work place within Tamilnadu. Already there is hatred prevailing against our community and each one of us are trying to avoid being identified as `brahmins'. Our names and appearance may indicate that we may belong to a particular sect. By speaking brahminical accent Tamil, we will be confirming that we belong to brahmin sect.

I wish people try to adopt common Tamil spoken by everybody possibly in the purest form within Tamilnadu.

All the best

I will say this since we are just around 5 percent and they are majority. Its we who have to adopt.
Most of muslims and christians speak good enough tamil. Some christians avoid tamil altogether. But they are very minuscule.
May be thats why to avoid slang tamil brahmins in chennai prefer english outside and shuddha tamizh around themselves.
But my personal views are that many NB's speak good tamil but they say ALagu instead of Azhagu.
Thats only difference I see. Only a few speak slang tamil most of them young. esp in Madurai.

Last edited:
மதுரைத் தமிழ், மதுரத் தமிழ்.
மதுரைத் தமிழ், மணக்கும் தமிழ்.
சென்னைத் தமிழ், சந்தி சிரிக்கும் தமிழ்
சென்னைத் தமிழ், சினிமாவின் செல்லப் பிள்ளை.

அய்யருமாறு அவுங்க பாசைல பேசிக்கினு கீனம்னு இங்க பஞ்சாயத்து பெசிக்கிநீங்க....... சரி....இன்னா? சென்னை தமிள கௌரத கம்மியா கணக்கு போட்டா எப்பிடி? கம்பருக்கு சென்னை தமிலு தெரியாத பூடவே அவுரு சென்னை தமிலுல ராமாயணம் எய்தாத பூட்டாரு...திருவள்ளுவரும் அப்பிடித்தான்...சொம்மா பல்லு மேல நாக்கு போட்டு, சந்தி சிரிக்கற தமிழுன்னு சொல்லிட்டா எப்பிடி? கேக்கறதுக்கு எவனும் இல்லேன்னு முடிவே பண்ணிட்டிங்களா? சென்னை தமிலு அயகே அயகு..இன்னொரு தபா கௌரத கம்மியா சொல்லாத சார்.....

அய்யருமாறு அவுங்க பாசைல பேசிக்கினு கீனம்னு இங்க பஞ்சாயத்து பெசிக்கிநீங்க....... சரி....இன்னா? சென்னை தமிள கௌரத கம்மியா கணக்கு போட்டா எப்பிடி? கம்பருக்கு சென்னை தமிலு தெரியாத பூடவே அவுரு சென்னை தமிலுல ராமாயணம் எய்தாத பூட்டாரு...திருவள்ளுவரும் அப்பிடித்தான்...சொம்மா பல்லு மேல நாக்கு போட்டு, சந்தி சிரிக்கற தமிழுன்னு சொல்லிட்டா எப்பிடி? கேக்கறதுக்கு எவனும் இல்லேன்னு முடிவே பண்ணிட்டிங்களா? சென்னை தமிலு அயகே அயகு..இன்னொரு தபா கௌரத கம்மியா சொல்லாத சார்.....

Thalaivaa!!!!! Chennai tamilukku apadi oru avamaanammaa??? Ennangra ippo? Oru dapha sollu thaliva, koovi koovi namba sanangla koopittu vaaren...Ek maar dho thukda thalaiva....namma petai pasanga namma tamil gourathai eppadi thooki nippaturanga paaru thalaiva...Namma tamil ayagu ennandu therinjukitton thalaiva...Saar, nee dairiyamma iru saar...namma dhaan saipom.

i think chennai tamil has its own roots and can stand on its own against other regional versions of tamil.

i am a madras brought up person, and proud of chennai tamil. there is a good mix of telugu in it, due to andhra proximity. add to it, the slangs of english and hindi, it is a tasty avial. nothing wrong with it. atleast i think so.

btw, i see myself slipping away from my talayalam, to a more neutral tamil, when speaking with my sri lankan colleagues. i do not know, whether sticking to my talayalam will confuse the hell out of them. as such they have problems understanding my neutral tamil. :) but we all do and insist in tamil - ours own version anyways.

Worst is the sinhalese accent tamil. One of my frnd name nirugan from Jaffna got his frnd in Srirangam. He spoke tamil and enakku suththama onnum purila.
I told pls english.
Having said that I also speak hindi accent tamil.

எல்லா அன்பர்களுக்கும் ஒரு வேண்டுகோள்!
எந்த ஊரில், எந்த நாட்டில் இருந்தபோதிலும்,

அமிழ்தினும் இனிய தாய் மொழி தமிழை
அழகாகப் பேசவும் எழுதவும் பழகுங்கள்.

தாயையும் கை விடக் கூடாது என்றுமே,
தாய்மொழியையும் மறந்துவிடக் கூடாது.

gone through VK's response. first, 'aathiley'means also in the house in brahmin tamil; hope VK will agree. further I fully agree you must speak in a language understood everyone present at the time.suppose if there are 5/6 persons out of which two are tamils, those two tamils should not speak in tamil and he should speak in a language understood by everyone. but we tamil brahmins should speak themselves only in brahmin tamil

Dear Mr. Sudheswar,

I guess I am that 'V.K.' you refer to. (Actually I am V.R!)

I know very well that "Aththile" means 'in the house'.

I merely wanted to point out that people who do not know this meaning,

will immediately think that it means 'in the river'.

I too feel that we can among ourselves in our dialect but when others are

around, we must stick to a dialect which everyone will be able to

understand .

with warm regards,

V.R.

ப்ராமணத் தமிழோ அல்லது பிற தமிழோ, புரியும் தமிழாகப் பேசுவோம்! தங்க்லிஷைத் தவிர்ப்போம்!

How do you say are a Brahmin? youre a brahmin by what? what makes you think that youre a brahmin? Quote me scriptural evidence to prove that youre a brahmin. Edited out. prepsuna Ji, we do not put up with attacks on other members in this Forum (KRS)

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you say are a Brahmin? youre a brahmin by what? what makes you think that youre a brahmin? Quote me scriptural evidence to prove that youre a brahmin. Edited (KRS).

What nonsense are you talking????

Can moderators take action??

No Ravi, answer the question, don't shut the person up. Yes, he/she seems angry, but just deleting the post simply reflects badly on the members here. Just my 2 cents ...

No Ravi, answer the question, don't shut the person up. Yes, he/she seems angry, but just deleting the post simply reflects badly on the members here. Just my 2 cents ...

Sri Nara ji,

I agree.....The point is he may be angry, but should refrain from using filthy languages...Thats my concern..

How do you say are a Brahmin? youre a brahmin by what? what makes you think that youre a brahmin? Quote me scriptural evidence to prove that youre a brahmin. Edited (KRS)
Prepsuna,

If it is possible for you to "prove" scientifically - not quoting scriptural evidence, please - that a *** thinks it is a *** and an *** thinks it is an ***?

How do you say are a Brahmin? youre a brahmin by what? what makes you think that youre a brahmin? Quote me scriptural evidence to prove that youre a brahmin. Edited (KRS).

prepsuna, when you answer Shri sangom I request you to also address why a person who may claim he/she is a Brahmin without scriptural evidence is no better than a *** or ***, the ***s and ***es on whom you endow thinking ability? In other words, what is the equivalency between these two, (i) the "you" you are talking about and (ii) the mythical ***s and ***es who can think?

Also, I would argue that anyone who takes pride in being a Bramin, even if he/she is able to supply the scriptural evidence you seek, is irredeemably conceited and it is not fair to compare them to perfectly innocent ***s and ***es that are going about their business without bothering anyone, in fact offering up their very existence to service of mankind.

hello prep,

before you start questioning honourable members here, can you please tell us something about yourself?

your very first entry here is indeed brimming with audacity. are we bound to hear more of the same?

i think it will be good, if you could introduce yourself and some background, which gives you some standing to ask such questions of long standing bonafide members.

let us start with that, instead of such silly questions that you pose in this rather august group.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back