• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Visiting temple during theetu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namaskaram,

My Chittappa's son expired (Natural death) last November 2014. Somebody told that I should not go to temple and perform other poojais like Ganapathy Homam/Navagraha Homam, etc. for one year. Some other told that it can be followed for 6 months itself. I am confused.

I request you to kindly clarify my doubts in detail as how long should I have follow the procedure for this?

Thanks in advance...

M. Suresh Kumar

I hope you have observed theethu for 10 days onb account of your chittappas detath.
In that case you can go to temple after 45days for normal dharsan. but on account of
kula devagtha vahipadu or any kind of parthanai to kula dev atha or ista devathqa can be
done after one year. on account of unavoidable circumstances or on account of any
subam like marriage you can do after six months. This is the custom. But you can decide yourself
on account of your circumstances. if you not feel any guilty you can do it

Rajappa Namakkal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back