• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Two more tests for evidence of spiritual energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you can go by statistics for this and ask the statistical average of the height of a particular group - be it ethnicity or family or any other. Should there be any deviation, let us ascribe it to malnutrition, food adulteration, genetically modified veggies or fruits etc... Then it would seem that you are setting right some wrong... right?
For a 40-50 year old the height is set. Even there was a cause, height does not change. We can call it a law of nature. But as I said spiritual energy can indeed defy these lawsbut for now let us focus on temp and take a look at an interesting statistics I posted on temperatures in major cities.

Update upto this week for March:

Chennai's historical average for March is approx. 33 deg C. This year till now it has been 33 deg C.

For comparison,

Bangalore's historical average for March is approx. 33 deg C. This year till now it has been 37 deg C.
Mumbai's historical average for March is approx. 31 deg C. This year till now it has been 33 deg C
Kolkatta's historical average for March is approx. 33 deg C. This year till now it has been 34 deg C.
Delhi's historical average for March is approx. 29 deg C. This year till now it has been 30 deg C.

Dear Sravna,

The temperature out here is soaring as never seen before due to the El Nino effect.

Yesterday's highest recorded temp was 38C.

I am going to bring the Bangalore temperature under control too because currently my wife is at Bangalore. But on a serious note let us see if spiritual energy works as predicted on Bangalore. The average so far this month is 37 deg C.

Update till today for March:

Chennai's historical average for March is approx. 33 deg C. This year till now it has been 34 deg C.

For comparison,

Bangalore's historical average for March is approx. 33 deg C. This year till now it has been 37 deg C.
Mumbai's historical average for March is approx. 31 deg C. This year till now it has been 33 deg C
Kolkatta's historical average for March is approx. 33 deg C. This year till now it has been 34 deg C.
Delhi's historical average for March is approx. 29 deg C. This year till now it has been 31 deg C.

Nothing really conclusive so far though Chennai seems to have fared the best along with Kolkata. Let us wait and see. Also watch out for Bangalore's average in the coming days. Though on the whole the temperature would come down, the focus is on Chennai and Bangalore for lower temp.

The focus will be to gradually reduce the effect of climate change. I hope, globally 2016 will not be the hottest year as predicted. Temperatures in India especially chennai, Bangalore will be closer to historical averages.

Update till today for March:

Chennai's historical average for March is approx. 33 deg C. This year till now it has been 34 deg C.

For comparison,

Delhi's historical average for March is approx. 29 deg C. This year till now it has been 31 deg C.

Nothing really conclusive so far though Chennai seems to have fared the best along with Kolkata. Let us wait and see. Also watch out for Bangalore's average in the coming days. Though on the whole the temperature would come down, the focus is on Chennai and Bangalore for lower temp.

The focus will be to gradually reduce the effect of climate change. I hope, globally 2016 will not be the hottest year as predicted. Temperatures in India especially chennai, Bangalore will be closer to historical averages.

Dear Sravna,

I reiterate that your efforts are futile. You can never establish a connection between your so called spiritual energy (SE) and the temperature of the cities that you claim to target. Why cannot you see that the temperature can fluctuate by a host of variables, none of which you would even be aware of in the first place?

The problem I see is this - You have become convinced that there is a reality in what you have concocted even before you could gather proof. The twist is that your conviction alone can become your proof since it has no other. Having thus convinced yourself, your mind has deluded itself to a state where it cannot disbelieve your theory.

Rather frighteningly, I see a similarity between your theory and your state. The way brahman gets lost into this world through maya, you have deluded yourself through your conviction. I wonder how you can get out of it now. Perhaps, neti, neti, might help?

Whenever, we are desperate to prove something we hold dear, the mind would seek to sweep away all rational objections and tend to cling on to the irrational probabilities.

You have yet another problem in that you have publicly committed yourself into this meaningless web of SE etc. Therefore you think that your repute is at stake. I personally think that the majority of people who read your posts will not agree about your using the SE to change temperatures etc. They all might be interested in the fun derived out of such posts and counter posts.

Please think over.

Best,

Dear Sravna,

Yesterday the highest temperature recorded in North Malaysia was 39C.
Out here where I stay it was 36C..its getting too hot!

In South Msia a trainee police man died becos of heat stroke while training in the hot son.

What say you Sravna...we are totally helpless against changes of nature.

Dear Sravna,

I reiterate that your efforts are futile. You can never establish a connection between your so called spiritual energy (SE) and the temperature of the cities that you claim to target. Why cannot you see that the temperature can fluctuate by a host of variables, none of which you would even be aware of in the first place?

The problem I see is this - You have become convinced that there is a reality in what you have concocted even before you could gather proof. The twist is that your conviction alone can become your proof since it has no other. Having thus convinced yourself, your mind has deluded itself to a state where it cannot disbelieve your theory.

Rather frighteningly, I see a similarity between your theory and your state. The way brahman gets lost into this world through maya, you have deluded yourself through your conviction. I wonder how you can get out of it now. Perhaps, neti, neti, might help?

Whenever, we are desperate to prove something we hold dear, the mind would seek to sweep away all rational objections and tend to cling on to the irrational probabilities.

You have yet another problem in that you have publicly committed yourself into this meaningless web of SE etc. Therefore you think that your repute is at stake. I personally think that the majority of people who read your posts will not agree about your using the SE to change temperatures etc. They all might be interested in the fun derived out of such posts and counter posts.

Please think over.

Best,

Dear Auh,

I find arguments futile in many cases. First things first and let us wait and not make hasty conclusions.

our entire religion is founded on brahman, otherwise called spiritual energy... so if you dont believe in it, doesnt mean you stop others from writing about it,

Sravna is trying to prove the link, he may not be able to do it, others may not agree even if he claims. so what ?

it is a free forum & he has every right to express his thoughts.

no one should muzzle him into silence.

our entire religion is founded on brahman, otherwise called spiritual energy... so if you dont believe in it, doesnt mean you stop others from writing about it,

Sravna is trying to prove the link, he may not be able to do it, others may not agree even if he claims. so what ?

Dear Jaykay,

I started this only as a proving exercise which I thought would help people be more receptive to spirituality. Now it has gone beyond that as climate change has become a matter of immediate survival for the planet.

So let us all hope and wish that this works

Last edited:

yes...everyone has the right to express their thoughts..but at the same time as a fellow human we can gently tap anyone back into reality when his/her mind drifts.

I am not saying anyone who speaks of spiritual power is drifting away from reality but there are risks of being sucked into a vortex of delusion if we fail to realize that as humans there are still many grey areas in our very existence which we is better left "unexplored".

Dear Sravna,

I have a rather unusual question for you.

Ok..is there a possibility that if a person is using spiritual powers to bring down the temperature where he stays..the adverse effect is another region becoming hotter?

You see even in using an air conditioner...the room gets cooler but outside where the compressor is..the outdoor temperature becomes higher.

Right now Msia is having unusually high temperatures...even right up to 39.2 C.

So is it possible these high temperature all of a sudden is not only due to the El Nino effect but also to the "Sravna effect"....that is you are bringing down temperature of Chennai..so temperature in Msia is rising?

I am not being sarcastic here..but just a question if your attempts have adverse effects?

Dear Renuka,

What you are saying is what exactly we have done to the environment which is now rearing its head as an adverse change in climate. My efforts are only to reverse that process and bring it back to natural state.

Dear Renuka,

What you are saying is what exactly we have done to the environment which is now rearing its head as an adverse change in climate. My efforts are only to reverse that process and bring it back to natural state.

But even God/Universal Consciousness does not reverse damages done by humans ....its humans who have to do undo their self inflicted damages.

But even God/Universal Consciousness does not reverse damages done by humans ....its humans who have to do undo their self inflicted damages.

Renuka,

I understand when it is not survival threatening but when it is, it is wise to use it especially when it can be seen as a god given gift.

Latest on weather!

[h=1]Current record-shattering temperatures are shocking even to climate scientists[/h]

February 2016 was likely the hottest month in thousands of years, as we approach the 2°C danger limit.

February 2016 global surface temperature anomalies. Photograph: NASA GISS Dana Nuccitelli
Monday 21 March 2016 10.00 GMT

“Stunning,” “wow,” “shocker,” “bombshell,” “astronomical,” “insane,” “unprecedented”– these are some of the words climate scientists have used to describe the record-shattering global surface temperatures in February 2016.

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

NASA GISS global monthly (red) and 12-month average (blue) surface temperatures as compared to pre-industrial temperatures. Illustration: Dana Nuccitelli It’s difficult to see any ‘pause’ or slowdown in the global warming over the past 50 years.

To put the current temperatures into context, prior to last October, monthly global surface temperatures had not been more than 0.96°C hotter than the 1951–1980 average, according to Nasa. The past 5 months have been 1.06°C, 1.03°C, 1.10°C, 1.14°C, and 1.35°C hotter than that average, absolutely destroying previous records. Estimates from Noaa are in broad agreement with those from Nasa.
Right now, the Earth’s average surface temperature is hotter than it’s been in thousands of years; potentially even longer.
[h=2]How much of a role is El Niño playing?[/h]We’re currently at the peak of a very strong El Niño event, which has brought warm water up to the ocean surface. That’s certainly played a major role in the current record-breaking temperatures. The hottest years are almost invariably years with El Niño events, although 2014 was the first year in decades to set a temperature record without an El Niño.
3600.jpg

[h=1]Global warming taking place at an 'alarming rate', UN climate body warns[/h]
World Meteorological Organisation says unprecedented rate of change sends a powerful message to world leaders to implement the Paris deal to cut emissions

Read more

For comparison, the current El Niño event is very similar to a previous one in 1997–1998. That event made 1998 by far the hottest year on record at the time, and it’s why contrarians often cherry pick temperatures over the past 18 years – the abnormally hot 1998 was 18 years ago.
However, the past 6 months have been 0.43°C hotter than the corresponding months in 1997–1998. So clearly, while El Niño is a big contributor to the current record-shattering temperatures, human-caused global warming is playing a major role as well. Climate scientist Michael Mann attributed the record to approximately 50% human influences, and 50% a combination of El Niño and natural weather fluctuations.
[h=2]Are temperatures approaching dangerous levels?[/h]Last December, 195 countries signed the COP21 international climate agreement in Paris. Graham Readfearn summarized the agreement for The Guardian:

The guts of the agreement hang off the so-called “long-term goal” that commits almost 200 countries to hold the global average temperature to “well below 2°C” above pre-industrial levels and to “pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C”.

Depending on how exactly we define “pre-industrial,” February temperatures were between 1.5 and 2°C hotter than those in pre-industrial times. So, we’re already starting to tread on thin ice, in the range that the global community has deemed dangerously hot.
However, since we’re at the peak of an El Niño, as they did after 1998, global surface temperatures will temporarily go back down once this event is over. That is, until human-caused global warming pushes them up to and beyond these temperatures once again in the near future. As climate scientists Steve Sherwood and Stefan Rahmstorf wrote,

This is the true climate emergency: it is getting more difficult with each passing year for humanity to prevent temperatures from rising above 2. February should remind us how pressing the situation is.

[h=2]A glimpse at the consequences of global warming[/h]In the meantime, we’re getting a glimpse at the future climate consequences of our carbon pollution. Just to name a few, Africa is being battered by heat and drought, with more than 36 million people facing hunger across the southern and eastern parts of the continent as a result. Droughts in Vietnam and Zimbabwe have cost these countries 4% and 12% of their GDP, respectively. Arctic ice is in poor shape as a result of the region’s warmest-recorded winter. Australia has been breaking heat records as well, with 39 consecutive days in Sydney above 26℃ (double the previous record). And a massive coral bleaching event appears likely on the Great Barrier Reef.
These are some of the reasons why temperatures 1.5–2°C above pre-industrial levels are considered dangerous. This intense heat is not good for agriculture, ice, sea levels, or coral reefs. There’s still time for us to prevent such high temperatures from becoming the norm, but that time is running out.
Fortunately there’s been some good news that we may be on the verge of getting carbon pollution and global warming under control, but we have to continue with this progress and avoid reversing it. People seem to be grasping the problem just in time: a record number of Americans (41%) now see global warming as a threat, and almost two-thirds realize that humans are responsible. California is providing a blueprint for solving the problem, as the state’s carbon pollution has fallen despite a growing population, as its economy has thrived.

We’re capable of solving the climate problem, but with temperatures already approaching dangerous thresholds, the time to act is now.

http://www.theguardian.com/environm...ures-are-shocking-to-even-climate-scientists/

However, there is some comforting info on Ananda Amrithavarshini raga:

There is a popular anecdote about this raga. It is said that while visiting Ettayapuram, a small village in Tamil Nadu, the great composer Muthuswamy Dikshitar was anguished to see the drought-hit arid land and people facing severe water shortage. Moved by their plight, Dikshitar looked up to the sky and burst forth in praise of the goddess in this raga. He beseeched Devi to bring rain and alleviate the plight of the drought-hit people.He addressed the Devi as ‘Anandamritakarshini, Amritavarshini’. When he sang ‘Salilam Varshaya Varshaya’, meaning ‘let the rain pour’, it is said the sky opened up. There was such a torrential rain that the place got flooded. He had then to plead ‘Sthambhaya Sthambhaya’, meaning ‘stop, stop’.This incident has given rise to the practice of musicians gathering together to sing this composition when there rains fail. (https://anuradhamahesh.wordpress.com/carnatic-raga-appreciation/2-amritavarshini-the-raga-of-rain/)

Isn't singing/ playing Amrithavarshini raga also a form of spiritual energy?

India:

Mumbai's historical average for March is approx. 31 deg C. This year till now it has been 33 deg C.

For comparison,

1.Moscow's historical average for March is approx. 2 deg C. This year till now it has been 2 deg C.
2.New York's historical average for March is approx. 9 deg C. This year till now it has been 13 deg C.
3. London's historical average for March is approx. 11 deg C. This year till now it has been 11 deg C.
4. Perth's historical average for March is approx. 29 deg C. This year till now it has been 31 deg C.
5. Cairo's historical average for March is approx. 23 deg C. This year till now it has been 27 deg C.
6. Dhaka's historical average for March is approx. 32 deg C. This year till now it has been 33 deg C.

Now for the climate change predictions:

1. The effect of climate change will abate all over the globe
2. India especially chennai and Bangalore will show significant inprovement

The above will be evident in the coming months.

We did not achieve the target of 32 c for march for chennai . It was 34 C and historical average being 33 c. Note we are facing the strongest el nino effect ever and so this summer is supposed to be the hottest on record.

April starting on a good note for Chennai with the temperature equal to historical averages which is 35 C.

Target using spiritual energy for April is 34 c.

We did not achieve the target of 32 c for march for chennai . It was 34 C and historical average being 33 c. Note we are facing the strongest el nino effect ever and so this summer is supposed to be the hottest on record.

April starting on a good note for Chennai with the temperature equal to historical averages which is 35 C.

Target using spiritual energy for April is 34 c.

Dear Sravna,

You have raised the target to 34C becos you are well aware the heat wave is beyond human control at present.

Out here temperature is soaring almost to 39C.

Schools in North of Malaysia have been shut temporary cos of heat wave..North Msia is recording 40C and above.

So Sravna..isn't it pretty evident spiritual energy does not work at least in this case of bringing down temperature?

I feel you should just realize the stark truth staring at you at least now.

There is no use still thinking spiritual energy works when its evident and you know it too..cos you have raised the target temperature.

Denial sometimes is just another form of Asat(Unreal).

Remember its Asato Ma Sad Gamaya.

Dear Renuka,

The historical average for march and april are different being 33 and 35 resp. That is the reason I raised the target to 34 for April which is still 1 C below the average for April.

Dear Sravna,

You have raised the target to 34C becos you are well aware the heat wave is beyond human control at present.

Out here temperature is soaring almost to 39C.

Schools in North of Malaysia have been shut temporary cos of heat wave..North Msia is recording 40C and above.

So Sravna..isn't it pretty evident spiritual energy does not work at least in this case of bringing down temperature?

I feel you should just realize the stark truth staring at you at least now.

There is no use still thinking spiritual energy works when its evident and you know it too..cos you have raised the target temperature.

Denial sometimes is just another form of Asat(Unreal).

Remember its Asato Ma Sad Gamaya.

tapas, or meditation/concentration, is said to produce heat. So I have heard. Maybe Sravna's ugra tapas is causing the world to boil over in the radiation of his spiritual energy. :)

Dear Renuka, Auh

No cause for worry. We will see the world safely tide over this el nino and climate change in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back