• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Train passengers to now get 'wake-up' call from Railways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Train passengers to now get 'wake-up' call from Railways

8 Apr, 2015, 06.31PM IST

NEW DELHI: Train passengers can now sleep soundly without worrying about missing their station as the Railways has launched a new service which will ensure that they get a "wake-up call" on their mobile phones half-an-hour before the scheduled arrival at their destination.

Similarly, another feature - 'train destination alarm call' - has also been introduced through which passengers will get an alert call 30 minutes before the train reaches their destination station.

The service, a joint initiative of the IRCTC and Bharat BPO, is available through voice call on Railways enquiry number 139.

"The user needs to enter the required data such as PNR number, station name, STD code of station while calling up 139 for getting the wake-up alarm," a senior Railway Ministry official said.

Wake-up alarm shall be made to the passenger 30 minutes before the train reaches the the station. Similarly, the train destination alert call shall also be available 30 minutes before train reaches the destination station, he added.

According to the official, after getting all the inputs like PNR and station name on 139, the system will check current position of the train before sending the alert call.

Please read more

Train passengers to now get 'wake-up' call from Railways - The Economic Times

Can we have the alarm for the passengers boarding atleast 90 minutes before..Does it look strange...Read this real life incident

I was to board Tamil Nadu express in Delhi....

I was in a lot of hurry burry...

I had just landed in ISBT (Bus terminus) from Chandigarh at about 8 PM......

Drove down to Karol bagh, the Mecca for South Indians..

Was trying to buy lot of stuff from Karol Bagh market...

For my parents, for my other family members...

Went to half a dozen stores...The time was ticking fast & furious...

It was about 9.30 PM..The train was to depart at 10.30 PM...I just had 1 hour...

It takes about 20-25 minutes to reach the station..So I should reach the station well in time..I surmised

I boarded an auto at 9.40 PM

On the way a policeman stopped the auto...It was pitch dark outside with not a semblance of street light..

The policeman had a torch..He tried to harass the driver by asking for some documents which he did not have..

The policeman turned attention to me...

It was the height of insurgency in Punjab..He asked me to open the bag...Not one but all the 3 bags..

I had to obey his instructions...

My pleading with him that I will miss the train was in vain..

The policewallah took almost 20 mts..

Finding nothing he left us..By that time it was 10.15 PM....

I was already tense..I reached the station at 10.25 PM...

My heart was beating fast..I was running with the 3 bags..

There was no time even to hire a porter...

I had to climb the stairs and then walk some distance before getting in to the platform..

The train had just started..I rushed through the stairs..

It was very crowded...When I touched the platform,the last bogey left...

I was stranded & I missed my last train...

This happened in 1993

Can we have the alarm for the passengers boarding atleast 90 minutes before..Does it look strange...Read this real life incident

I was to board Tamil Nadu express in Delhi....

I was in a lot of hurry burry...

I had just landed in ISBT (Bus terminus) from Chandigarh at about 8 PM......

Drove down to Karol bagh, the Mecca for South Indians..

Was trying to buy lot of stuff from Karol Bagh market...

For my parents, for my other family members...

Went to half a dozen stores...The time was ticking fast & furious...

It was about 9.30 PM..The train was to depart at 10.30 PM...I just had 1 hour...

It takes about 20-25 minutes to reach the station..So I should reach the station well in time..I surmised

I boarded an auto at 9.40 PM

On the way a policeman stopped the auto...It was pitch dark outside with not a semblance of street light..

The policeman had a torch..He tried to harass the driver by asking for some documents which he did not have..

The policeman turned attention to me...

It was the height of insurgency in Punjab..He asked me to open the bag...Not one but all the 3 bags..

I had to obey his instructions...

My pleading with him that I will miss the train was in vain..

The policewallah took almost 20 mts..

Finding nothing he left us..By that time it was 10.15 PM....

I was already tense..I reached the station at 10.25 PM...

My heart was beating fast..I was running with the 3 bags..

There was no time even to hire a porter...

I had to climb the stairs and then walk some distance before getting in to the platform..

The train had just started..I rushed through the stairs..

It was very crowded...When I touched the platform,the last bogey left...

I was stranded & I missed my last train...

This happened in 1993
hi

i had same kinda situation to catch GT express in new delhi...i was from noida side....my auto was offload in the road....engine

stopped ...i miss the train.....but i managed to get into tamil nadu express with family.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back