• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Pancha Dwaraka in Bharat Darshan Train

IRCTC is arranging "Bharat Darshan Special Tourist Train" to many pilgrimage centres in our country. One among them was to Dwaraka. I was fortunate to go with them in October, 2019. I will share with our Esteemed Members, the plus and minus points in going by IRCTC arranged pilgrimage tour to Dwaraka.
a) IRCTC have given the contract to private establishment for making all arrangements for the pilgrims.In our case it was given to M/s.Traveltimes (India) Private Ltd.,
b) Package Name : Pancha Dwaraka with Nishkalank Mahadev Sea Temple.
c) Travelling Mode : Bharat Darshan Train.
d) Station / Departure time : Madurai : 00.05 hrs.
e) Class : Budget ( i.e 3 tier sleeper-Second class)
f) Package Tariff : Rs.9,450 /- ( Inclusive of GST)
g) Destination covered : Nath Dwara - Kankroli Dwaraka - Dakor Dwaraka - Bet Dwaraka.
h) Boarding / Deboarding point : Madurai , Dindugal, Karur, Erode, Salem, Jolarpettai, Katpadi, Chennai Central ( Perambur), Nellore and Vijayawada.
i) Itinerary Dated : 12.10.2019 to 21.10.2019.
Plus Points :
1) From the above details, it can be seen that it is suitable for middle and upper middle class people as the Package tariff is very reasonable.The tariff includes travel by train, breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning and evening coffee / tea with snacks and dormitory stay. ( It happend only for two nights and for the rest of the nights, we were in the train travelling)
2) The pilgrimage is in the month of October and so it is not hot and one can travel comfortably in a Second Class 3 Tier Coach.
3)I booked our tickets in Chennai, for me and my wife, by going to the Central Station IRCTC unit in September, immediately after the advertisement appeared. The Lady in-charge was very kind, polite and efficient. Being the Sr.Citizens, we demanded lower berths and she immediately obliged and gave all the information and tour programs and they readily accepted my A/c Payee Cheque in their favour for the pilgrimage.
4) The journey was very comfortable, as we were the only two occupants in our six berth coupe. Later, I came to know that it was running with 60-70 % capacity and there were one / two empty coaches.
5) They served hot breakfast, lunch and dinner as they are all prepared in the train itself. The food served is unlimited and ofcourse, second helping will not be there for side dishes.
6) The staff and the coach -in-charge cum guide ( in our case for every two coaches, there is one in-charge.) are very polite and courteous.
7) In each destination, you do not need to carry your luggage and it is safe in the coach while you go and have darshan in the temples.
8) They give you sufficient time to visit the temple and have darshan of the Lords.
9) for local travel, they arrange buses to ferry you to the destination and back to the station. ( Your train)
Other points :
1) Running of the train is not under the control of the contractor, so our train will be invariably delayed and they allow even the Passenger and Goods train to pass through, before allowing our train to go.
In our case, I was told that the train left Madurai (First Station) delayed by more than six hours.
Our boarding point was changed from Chennai Central to Perambur ( Ofcourse, the change in boarding point was informed to us two days in advance). We were supposed to board the train at Perambur around 2.00 P.M and our train finally arrived at 7.30 P.M.In the same way, while deboarding at Perambur on 21/10/2019, it was supposed to come in the afternoon, instead it came at 1.00 A.M on 22nd)
2) The food served is really hot, but onion is one of the ingredients in their food preparation.
3) My co-passengers, who have travelled by IRCTC arranged pilgrims to other places informed us that the standard of food served has come down. I think, they gave it in writing in their feed back. As for as we are concerned, it did not upset our stomach during our pilgrimage.
4) for two nights, you have to stay outside and they arranged Dharamsala, but my suggestion is go for the accommodation on payment basis , arranged by the contractor. The free dormitory accommodation is not to our liking.
Finally, it is worth trying to go and have darshan of Panch Dwaraka, arranged by IRCTC.
I sincerely hope that IRCTC will arrange pilgrimage this(?) / next year.

Latest ads

Back