• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinkaadha Thoughtsai ellam thinki thinki, dang, dang, dang ............
[ over to Sow Visalakshi Ramani ]

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear sir,

You know these words sound like this song..Ding Ding Dang Dang Song of Crazy Frog

[video=youtube_share;XkHm8uUuT0o]http://youtu.be/XkHm8uUuT0o[/video]

If one clicks on the video link, One gets the message:
This video contains content from UMG, and is not available...

This what appears when I click the link:
Embedding disabled by Request.
Watch on Youtube.

So just click on the line "Watch on Youtube" and the song will play.

BTW want to share this got this by email..click on pic to enlarge it.

Hanuman appeared in Agni…… on the day of Ramanavami !

Date: Saturday, March 31st
Time: 8am to 10am
Place : Shri Krshna Vrundavana, New Jersey.
Homa performed By : Yogeendra Bhat
Homa was Sponsored and Photo taken By: Dr. Raghunandan

Hanuman Again in Agni.jpg

"Paarkkatha postai ellaam endru

paarthu paarthu Pathil ezhuthugindren!" :ranger:

We ALL HAVE become quite serious thinkers! :rolleyes:

THINK of the number of threads related to :bump2:

Thoughts and Thinking current running in the forum!
:clap2:

Thinkaadha Thoughtsai ellam thinki thinki, dang, dang, dang ............
[ over to Sow Visalakshi Ramani ]

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Fantastic Renuka madam. No body knows the original posture of Lord hanuman and it is great that hanuman appears in the form which we used to pray him. It's great and keep sending like this. Once I heard that Sai baba came to attend a wedding ceremony like this in the homam but I could not get that picture.

Fantastic Renuka madam. No body knows the original posture of Lord hanuman and it is great that hanuman appears in the form which we used to pray him. It's great and keep sending like this. Once I heard that Sai baba came to attend a wedding ceremony like this in the homam but I could not get that picture.

Dear sir,

In the Ati Rudra Mahayagna (preformed by priest from Puttaparthi India) which was held in Batu Caves Malaysia..images of Baba appeared in the fire.

I was lucky to get the pics by chance cos I was in Puttaparthi and was making an STD call and a chinese gentleman who had the pics came up to me and told me that he had a feeling to give me a copy of those pics.
Only then I knew about this incident.

I have all those pics at home.But I have no scanner so I cant scan and post it here.

Last edited:
There is one tv show wherein the previous 3 janmas are traced. If you trace your previous janma I feel you would have been one of the disciples of Sri satyasai and hence you are getting the blessings of baba and posting a thread on sai. Sai bless you.

There is one tv show wherein the previous 3 janmas are traced. If you trace your previous janma I feel you would have been one of the disciples of Sri satyasai and hence you are getting the blessings of baba and posting a thread on sai. Sai bless you.

You know sir..tracing previous janma doesnt always come with results we want to hear.
Someone I know got his previous record traced and found out that his wife in this life was his previous life sister.

That affected his present relationship with his wife cos he was not able to see her as his wife anymore.
Thats why its better let the past be the past.

Dear Sow Vishalakshi

Oops! "Thoughts" was never meant to sound like "Crazy Frog" - the Doctor did that, not me !

I was expecting you to contribute some "Points to Ponder" / "Quotable Quotes" / "Think it Overs" extracted
from ancient native wisdom - say something like our Gummi {maybe Kummi} songs.

You seem to have a great sense of humour. Now that the Doc is busy watching Hanuman wreak havoc in Lanka,
you can give the lyrics and tunes to " chap chap, chip chip, tak tak, dum dum ................ " .

A.I.R. Vividbharathi announcement will go something like this " Paadal Iyetri, Isai Amaithu, Paadiyavar:
Tirumathi Visalakshi Ramani. Paadal Idam Petra Padam: T.B. Forum " .
" Virumbi Ketta Neyargal : Villivakkam Gubendran, Ayyanpuram Satyanarayanan, Anand Manohar, matrum palar".

Come on Mam, let's hear it.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem from Chennai [mind it!]

Thank you Mr. Anand!

WHEW ( a huge sigh of relief of course!)

Reading through your post , I was afraid that the Virumbik kettavar will also be

Visalakshi Ramani. :fear:

Thank you adding other names and NOT mine as the (ONLY) one who liked it! :rolleyes:

Right now I am away from home. But I am only in my extended home with my sweet

elder sister and my dear mother. :grouphug:

I am taking treatment for my troublesome knees. Once I am back where I belong to,

I will be posting ancient wisdom, native wisdom, personal
wisdom in addition to funny

quotations and kummipppattu etc. Just wait till 8th inst. :)

Dear Sow Vishalakshi

Oops! "Thoughts" was never meant to sound like "Crazy Frog" - the Doctor did that, not me !

I was expecting you to contribute some "Points to Ponder" / "Quotable Quotes" / "Think it Overs" extracted
from ancient native wisdom - say something like our Gummi {maybe Kummi} songs.

You seem to have a great sense of humour. Now that the Doc is busy watching Hanuman wreak havoc in Lanka,
you can give the lyrics and tunes to " chap chap, chip chip, tak tak, dum dum ................ " .

A.I.R. Vividbharathi announcement will go something like this " Paadal Iyetri, Isai Amaithu, Paadiyavar:
Tirumathi Visalakshi Ramani. Paadal Idam Petra Padam: T.B. Forum " .
" Virumbi Ketta Neyargal : Villivakkam Gubendran, Ayyanpuram Satyanarayanan, Anand Manohar, matrum palar".

Come on Mam, let's hear it.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem from Chennai [mind it!]

Dear Sow Visalakshi

8th May is not very far away - I am eagerly looking forward - actually visualizing you as "Sindhu"
- Suhasini going " Naad Ariyen, Veedu Ariyen, Pallikoodam Thaan Ariyen ............... in Chitra's voice.

You must upload and put it on Youtube.

As to the 'other names' you mentioned, " Villivakkam Kubendran and Ayyanpuram Satyanarayanan" as
virumbi ketta neyargal were as common as the AIR announcer going :" Kannadasan Iyetri, M.S Vishvanathan
Isayil, T.M.Soundararajan matrum P.Susheela Padiya Paadal, Idam Petra padam .......... " [ could be any
one from a million options]. The names of these two " virumbi ketta neyargal" was almost as common as
TMS's & PS's !

Those were in the pre-TV days. Non familiarity with these two "neyargal", suggests that you
are from a later era.

Doesn't matter, looking forward to 8th May 2012

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Sow Visalakshi

I missed noticing 'troublesome knees' that you mentioned. I am sure you know this already -
but still: Make a dry powder of Kandan Thillipi, Vendhayam, Milagu in equal quantities. Add
one teaspoonful of this to the rasam you make while it boils. Let cool and use as you would normal rasam.
Adding tomato / pudhina / coriander leaves / Thalichchufying with ghee & jeeragam - your choice.
It actually works I've not only tried it - this is a regular feature in our household as somebody or the
other kept on having some problem or other. It works over a period of time. In reality it takes a while for
one to notice that the problem is gone.

If it doesn't work on you before the 8th, it will atleast clear your throat for the auditioning of " Naad Ariyen ...."

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Anand Manohar and Dear VR Ji,

I like this song..I even sang it on stage as a teen.
I am sure you both will like it too.I love to sing it still when it rains.

This is for you both.

[video=youtube_share;N18HZJLG9jg]http://youtu.be/N18HZJLG9jg[/video]

Dear Doc

Yes, nice song. Brought back some old memories. To tell you the truth, notorious boys that we were,
we had a limerick for this, that we screamed around campfires - infact we had a limerick for almost every
lovely number and I recall only those lyrics - not advisable to write any of them down!

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Doc

Yes, nice song. Brought back some old memories. To tell you the truth, notorious boys that we were,
we had a limerick for this, that we screamed around campfires - infact we had a limerick for almost every
lovely number and I recall only those lyrics - not advisable to write any of them down!

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

ha ha ha..I can imagine..girls too are equally notorious!!

Dear Doc

No - the girls then were angels, grew up to become beautiful, graceful ladies - some of them now have Grand Kids
and are performing the G'Mom role to absolute perfection.

We are all very much in touch, despite being strewn all over the Globe and the passage of 4 decades since school.
It was Co-Ed, Residential, On a Hill Station, inherited from the British. We literally grew-up together as kids.

I don't think the girls [ called Dames then] had these Limericks, we were the rouges
Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Mr. Anand,

Thank you for the long explanation. :)

I do belong to the pre T.V. era but I have never once listened to these

songs. May be that will explain my unfamiliarity with the names of these

gentlemen who had found an easy way to gain popularity at par with

Sri. TMS and Smt. P.Suseela -JUST by wishing to hear their voices! :ear:

A Very original and brilliant idea! What do you say! :rolleyes:

I am collecting funny
quotations exclusively for your thread. :popcorn:

I will never let down anyone who places his trust on me!

Dear Sow Visalakshi

8th May is not very far away - I am eagerly looking forward - actually visualizing you as "Sindhu"
- Suhasini going " Naad Ariyen, Veedu Ariyen, Pallikoodam Thaan Ariyen ............... in Chitra's voice.

You must upload and put it on Youtube.

As to the 'other names' you mentioned, " Villivakkam Kubendran and Ayyanpuram Satyanarayanan" as
virumbi ketta neyargal were as common as the AIR announcer going :" Kannadasan Iyetri, M.S Vishvanathan
Isayil, T.M.Soundararajan matrum P.Susheela Padiya Paadal, Idam Petra padam .......... " [ could be any
one from a million options]. The names of these two " virumbi ketta neyargal" was almost as common as
TMS's & PS's !

Those were in the pre-TV days. Non familiarity with these two "neyargal", suggests that you
are from a later era.

Doesn't matter, looking forward to 8th May 2012

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Doc

No - the girls then were angels, grew up to become beautiful, graceful ladies - some of them now have Grand Kids

We are all very much in touch, despite being strewn all over the Globe and the passage of 4 decades since school.
It was Co-Ed, Residential, On a Hill Station, inherited from the British. We literally grew-up together as kids.

I don't think the girls [ called Dames then] had these Limericks, we were the rouges
Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Anand sir,

I was talking about myself...hehehehehehe..I had such limericks also as a young girl and as I grew older I became worse!!LOL

I believe you..I know most girls were naive sorts.

Thank you for the mouth-watering- recipe for Rasam.

I am already a "rasa priya!" :dance:

As you have rightly said, even if it does not help my knees

it might help my throat! :sing:

Now I understand how "a bald head and smooth knees"

get connected in Tamil proverbs! :)

Dear Sow Visalakshi

I missed noticing 'troublesome knees' that you mentioned. I am sure you know this already -
but still: Make a dry powder of Kandan Thillipi, Vendhayam, Milagu in equal quantities. Add
one teaspoonful of this to the rasam you make while it boils. Let cool and use as you would normal rasam.
Adding tomato / pudhina / coriander leaves / Thalichchufying with ghee & jeeragam - your choice.
It actually works I've not only tried it - this is a regular feature in our household as somebody or the
other kept on having some problem or other. It works over a period of time. In reality it takes a while for
one to notice that the problem is gone.

If it doesn't work on you before the 8th, it will atleast clear your throat for the auditioning of " Naad Ariyen ...."

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

How OLD are you Sir / Boy

as the case may be??? :rolleyes:

Dear Doc

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

So You must be in your mid / late fifties ...right???
icon3.png

Dear Doc

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back