• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thoughts for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naina_Marbus

The paradox of our times …

we have taller buildings but shorter tempers,
wider Freeways , but narrower viewpoints !!
We spend more, but get less,
we buy more, but enjoy less!!
We have bigger houses but smaller families,
more conveniences, but less time !!
We have more degrees but less sense,
more knowledge, but less judgment,
more experts, yet more problems,
more medicine, but less wellness!!!
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.
We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.
We've learned how to make a living, but not a life.
We've added years to life not life to years.
We conquered outer space but not inner space.
We've done larger things, but not better things.
We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul.
We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice.
We write more, but learn less.
We plan more, but accomplish less.
We've learned to rush, but not to wait.

We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom!!!

We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships.

These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes.

It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom.

A time when technology can bring this message to you, and a time when you can choose either to share it, or just hit delete...

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Say, 'I love you' , but most of all mean it.

An embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

REMEMBER; SPEND SOME TIME WITH YOUR LOVED ONES, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BE AROUND FOREVER.

-Quotes from George Carlin - American comedian of the 70's and 80's

Last edited:
Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Say, 'I love you' , but most of all mean it.

An embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you....................every word is so true

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

REMEMBER; SPEND SOME TIME WITH YOUR LOVED ONES, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BE AROUND FOREVER.

Somehow hugging ladies and shaking hands with men comes to me very naturally. :hug: :tea:

Some of the women folk here do not understand such concepts and think that I enact :drama: since I visit USA often.

But they are of such dubious reputation that no one - neither man nor woman - will dare to go invading their personal spaces.

Is it my fault??? :noidea:

I have a genuine doubt! Does this experienced 'thread starter' exist already in this forum in a different form? :spy:

When I welcomed the lady relatives in a family function, with a light hug, I remember someone commenting that I act as

2006020807280401.jpg

MAthA AmrithAnandhamayi!!

I have a genuine doubt! Does this experienced 'thread starter' exist already in this forum in a different form? :spy:

Just curious: What kind of doubt is that? Why? And what makes you think 'he' exists in a different form? Can you kindly elaborate?

Last edited:
Somehow hugging ladies and shaking hands with men comes to me very naturally. :hug: :tea:

Some of the women folk here do not understand such concepts and think that I enact :drama: since I visit USA often.

But they are of such dubious reputation that no one - neither man nor woman - will dare to go invading their personal spaces.

Is it my fault??? :noidea:

It is not a fault as such. Just that the majority society expects people to " be a Roman in Rome" .

Just curious: 1. What kind of doubt is that? 2. Why? 3. And what makes you think 'he' exists in a different form? Can you kindly elaborate?
1. I have mentioned already! 'Does this experienced 'thread starter' exist already in this forum in a different form?'

2. The name of threads!

3. The new reverse id of the existing person! (Of course, one of my friends gave me the clue!)

Correct, Naina Sir? :)

Usually we call it The Thought for the day.

There will one thought which we have to think about from different

angles during the day. :nerd:

With so many thoughts thought about (?) on the same day :dizzy:

what will we think about the REST of the days??? :noidea:

You prefer a supply of one per day?

1. I have mentioned already! 'Does this experienced 'thread starter' exist already in this forum in a different form?'

2. The name of threads!

3. The new reverse id of the existing person! (Of course, one of my friends gave me the clue!)

I can assure you that other than the chosen name here which you had cleverly guessed for it stands for, another avatar does not exist elsehere.

RR simply Great SherlockHomes,
Alwan

2. The name of threads!

This Rome is USA :plane:

and I am living in Coimbatore. :flock:

That IS the problem with the others!!! :rolleyes:

By your definition of Rome, I presume that "the others" are not the Romans, but non-Romans like you visiting or living in Rome?
Or is it that the 'non-Roman' returning home, starts practising the acquired Roman habit back home?

Last edited:
By your definition of Rome, I presume that "the others" are not the Romans, but non-Romans like you visiting or living in Rome?
Or is it that the 'non-Roman' returning home, starts practising the acquired Roman habit back home?

Once a Roman, always a Roman? and Roman Everywhere?

The world can't put up with two self-proclaimed- knock-out-boxers! :nono:
Spare us please!!!

No thoughts after your OP on 14th, Naina Sir! Y?? :ranger:

Please refer to the following Posts
WOW!
One MONTH'S supply of thoughts on ONE day!!!
Usually wecall it The Thought for the day.
There will one thought which we have to think about from different
angles during the day.
With so many thoughts thought about (?) on the same day
what will we think about the REST of the days???

In view of Mrs. VR's thoughtful comments above, I decided to hold on for a month before posting more on this topic. Sounds reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back