• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thought of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
( translated into Tamil by Mohan Manikkam )

ஒன்றைப்போன்று நடித்தல் ஒருபோதும் கலாச்சாரம் ஆகாது. நீங்கள் ராஜ உடைகளை அணிந்து அந்த பாத்திரத்தைப் போன்று நடிக்கலாம். ஆனால், இந்த நடிப்பினால் நீங்கள் ஒரு ராஜா ஆக முடியுமா? புலித்தோல் போர்த்திய ஒரு கழுதை புலியாக மாறாது. இவ்வாறு நடித்தல் கோழைத்தனத்தின் ஒரு அறிகுறி. அது ஒருவரது முன்னேற்றத்தை ஊக்குவிக்காது. உண்மையில் நடிக்கும் சுபாவம் உங்களை பயப்படும் நிலைமைக்கு படிப்படியாகக் கீழிறக்கி விடும். நீங்கள் உங்களை மேல்நோக்கி உயர்த்தப் பாடுபட வேண்டும். நீங்கள் கடவுளின் பக்தர்கள் என்று பெருமைப்பட வேண்டும். உங்கள் முன்னோர்களைக் குறித்தும் பெருமைப் பட வேண்டும். நீங்கள் மற்றவர்களைப் பார்த்து ஒன்றைச் செய்வதோ, அவர்களைப் பார்த்து அவர்களின் மனோபாவங்களை பின்பற்றக் கூடாது.

வித்யா வாகினி 14

பாசத்தால்,உங்கள் நாள்களை ஆரம்பியுங்கள் ,வாழுங்கள் ,முடியுங்கள் .பாகவணை அடையும் வழி இடு தான்.-சாய் பாபா

Imitation can never become culture. You may wear royal robes and act the role; but can you, as a result of this imitation, become a king? A donkey clothed in tiger skin does not become a tiger. Imitation is a sign of cowardice. It cannot further one’s progress. In fact the tendency to imitate leads you down, step by step, into frightful shape. You must endeavour to uplift yourselves. You must be proud that you are devotees of the Lord. You must hold your ancestors in high esteem. You should not imitate others and copy their attitudes. However, you may imbibe the good in them.
- Vidya Vahini, Chap 14.

Desire and bondage to the objects desired and the plans to secure them are attributes of the jeevis (individualized selves), not of the Self or atma resident in the body. The sense of “me” and “mine” and the emotions of lust and anger originate in the body-mind complex. Only when this complex is conquered and outgrown can true virtue emanate and manifest. The sense of “doer” and “enjoyer”, of being an agent, might appear to affect the Atma, but they are not part of the genuine nature of the Atma. Things get mirrored and produce images, but the mirror is not tarnished or even affected thereby. It remains as clear as it was. Every jeevi has these as genuine, basic attributes: purity, serenity, and joy. Every individual is ebullient with these qualiti es.

- Sutra Vahini, Chap 1, "Renouncing Me and Mine".

Love All, Serve All. Help Ever, Hurt Never. - Baba

ஆசைப்படுவதும், ஆசைப்பட்ட பொருட்களுடன் பிணைப்புக் கொண்டிருப்பதும்,
அவற்றைப் பெற்றிட செய்யும் திட்டங்களும் தனித்தனி மனிதர்கள் அல்லது
ஜீவிகளின் குணங்கள் ஆகும். ஆனால் இவை உடலினுள் குடியிருக்கும் சுயம்
அல்லது ஆத்மாவின் குணங்கள் அல்ல. உடல்-மனக் கூட்டமைப்புக்குள்ளே தான்
‘எனது’, ‘என்னுடையது’ ஆகிய உணர்வும், காமம் மற்றும் கோபம் ஆகிய
உணர்ச்சிகளும் தோன்றுகின்றன. எப்பொழுது இந்தக் கூட்டமைப்பு
அடக்கியாளப்பட்டு, தாண்டப்படுகிறதோ, அப்பொழுதுதான் உண்மையான குணம் தலை
தூக்கி வெளிப்படும். ‘செய்பவர்’, ‘அனுபவிப்பவர்’, ‘காரியவாதி’ ஆகிய
உணர்வுகள் ஆத்மாவை பாதிக்கக் கூடியவை போல் தோன்றலாம். ஆனால் அவை உண்மையான
ஆத்மாவின் இயற்கைத்தன்மை அல்ல. ஒரு பாதரசம் பூசிய கண்ணாடி முன்
பொருட்களின் பிம்பங்கள் தோன்றலாம் ஆனால் அந்தக்கண்ணாடி அவற்றால் மாசு
படுவதோ, பாதிக்கப்படுவதோ கிடையாது. அந்தக் கண்ணாடி முன்பிருந்ததைப் போலவே
தெளிவாகவே இருக்கிறது. ஒவ்வொரு ஜீவியும் கீழ்க்கண்ட உண்மையான அடிப்படை
குணாதிசயங்களைக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்: தூய்மை, அமைதி மற்றும் மகிழ்ச்சி.
ஒவ்வொரு தனி நபரும் இத்தகைய குணங்களைக் கொண்டு உணர்ச்சி
மிகுந்திருக்கிறார்.

The Vedas and the Shastras (scriptures) are the greatest repositories of Hitha (beneficence) as they were won through penance and travail by sages and seers who were interested in the welfare of humanity and the liberation of man. They advise that man must regulate his 'outer-look' and develop the 'inner-look'; the inner reality is the foundation on which the outer reality is built. It is like the steering wheel inside the car which directs the outer wheels. Know that the basic reality is God. Become aware of it and stay in that awareness always. Whatever be the stress and the storm, do not waver from that faith.

- Bhagavatha Vahini, Chap 8, "Dhritharashtra transformed" .

Selfless service brings you nearer to Me. - Baba

வேதங்களும் சாஸ்திரங்களும் முனிவர்களும் ரிஷிகளும் பல காலம் தவமிருந்து
வெகு சிரமப்பட்டு பெற்றவை ஆகும். அவர்கள் மனித குலத்தின் நலனுக்காகவும்
மனிதனின் விடுதலைக்காகவும் மிக்க ஆர்வம் கொண்டிருந்தனர். அத்தகைய
வேதங்களும் சாஸ்திரங்களும் பெரும் பயனை உள்ளடக்கி இருந்தன. அவை மனிதன் தனது வெளித் தோற்றத்தை கட்டுப்படுத்தி, உட்தோற்றத்தை வளர்க்க வேண்டும் என்று அறிவுறுத்துகின்றன. வெளிப்புற உண்மைத்தன்மை எழுப்புவதற்கு உட்புற உண்மைத்தன்மையே அடிப்படையாக இருக்கிறது. அது ஒரு காரின் செலுத்தும் சக்கரம் எப்படி வெளியில் உள்ள நான்கு உருளும் சக்கரங்களை இயக்குகிறதோ அதைப் போன்றது. அடிப்படை உண்மையாக இருப்பது கடவுளே என்பதை அறிந்து கொள்ளுங்கள். அதைப்பற்றிய விழிப்புணர்வு கொண்டு, அதனிலேயே எப்போதும் இருந்து வாருங்கள். எத்தகைய வாழ்க்கைப் புயலோ, அசம்பாவிதமோ வந்தாலும் அந்த நம்பிக்கையில் இருந்து வழுவாதீர்கள்.

பாகவத வாகினி "த்றிடச்ற்றன் மாறினான் "

சேவை சேயும் உண்ணர்ச்சி எதயும் எதிர்ப்பாக்க கூடாது ,அப்பொழுது நான் அவறிடும் இருபேன்-சாய் பாபா

We have to learn good things from others. We sow seeds in the ground and provide it with manure and water. The seed sprouts, becomes a sapling and grows into a huge tree. It does not become soil when placed therein, nor manure when it feeds thereon, nor water when it partakes thereof. It only imbibes from each of them whatever it can benefit from them. It grows into what is essentially IT, namely, a huge tree! May you too grow likewise. You have to learn much from others; imbibe about the Supreme and the means of attaining it from even the lowest. Learn from others how to practise progressive sadhana (spiritual exercise) and saturate yourselves with it. But do not be transformed into others.

-Vidya Vahini, Chap 13 .

The end of education is character. - Baba

நாம் மற்றவர்களிடம் இருந்து நல்ல விஷயங்களைக் கற்றுக் கொள்ள வேண்டும்.நாம் விதைகளை பூமியில் விதைக்கிறோம். அவற்றிற்கு உரமும் நீரும் அளிக்கிறோம். விதை முளைத்து, சிறு செடியாகி, பின் பெரிய மரமாக வளர்கிறது.விதை மண்ணாகவோ, உரமாகவோ, அல்லது தண்ணீராகவோ மாறுவதில்லை. அவற்றிலிருந்து விதை தனக்குத் தேவையான, பயனளிக்கக் கூடியவற்றை மட்டுமே எடுத்துக் கொள்கிறது. அது முக்கியமாக தான் எதுவோ, அந்த ஒரு பெரிய மரமாகவே வளர்கிறது. நீங்களும் அவ்வாறே வளருங்கள். நீங்கள் மற்றவர்களிடம் இருந்து நிறைய கற்றுக்கொள்ள வேண்டும். தலைமை ஆனவரைப்பற்றி கற்றுக் கொள்ளுங்கள்.அவரை எப்படி அடைவது என்பதைப்பற்றி மிகவும் கீழான ஒன்றிடம் இருந்து கூட கற்றுக் கொள்ளுங்கள். முன்னேறும் வழியில் ஆன்மீக சாதனை செய்வது எப்படி என்று மற்றவர்களிடம் இருந்து கற்றுக் கொள்ளுங்கள் அதில் உங்களை மூழ்கவையுங்கள். ஆனால் மற்றவர்களாக நீங்கள் மாறாதீர்கள்.

It is due to the gift of His Divine Grace that we survive in this
world. Every drop of blood coursing through our veins is but a drop
from the shower of His Grace. Every muscle is but a lump of His Love.
Every bone and cartilage is but a piece of His mercy. It is clear that
without Him we are but bags of skin. But, unable to understand this
secret, we strut about, boasting “I achieved this,” and “I
accomplished this.”

நாம் இந்த உலகத்தில் உயிர் வாழ்வது தெய்வீக அருள் என்ற பரிசினால்தான்.
அவரது அருள் கடலில் இருந்து வந்த ஒரு துளிதான் நமது நாளங்களில்
ஓடிக்கொண்டு இருக்கும் ஒவ்வொரு இரத்தத் துளியுமாகும். ஒவ்வொரு தசையும்
அவரது அன்பென்ற கட்டிதான். ஒவ்வொரு எலுமபும், குருத்தெலும்பும் அவரது
காருண்யத்தின் ஒரு சிறு துண்டுதான். அவரின்றி நாம் வெறும் தோல் பைகள்
தான். ஆனால் இந்த இரகசியத்தை அறிந்து கொள்ள முடியாமல், ‘நான் இதை
சாதித்தேன்’ மற்றும் ‘நான் இதை நிறைவேற்றினேன்’ என்று நாம் வீறாப்புடன்
ஆடம்பரமாக கர்வத்துடன் நடந்து செல்கிறோம்.

Education is rendered noble when the spirit of service is inculcated. The service rendered must be free of the slightest trace of narrow selfishness. That is not enough. The thought of service should not be marred by the desire for something in return. You have to perform the service as you would perform an important Yajna (sacrificial ritual). As trees do not eat their fruits but offer them to be eaten by others in an attitude of detachment; as rivers, without drinking the waters they carry, quench the thirst and cool the heat from which others suffer; as cows offer their milk, produced primarily for their calves, in a spirit of generosity born of Tyaga (renunciation), to be shared by others; so too you should offer yourself to others prompted by the motive of service and without consideration of selfish interests. Only then can you justify your status as sajjana (noble men).

- Vidya Vahini, Chap 14.

Service is the best training ground for Leadership. - Baba

A true scholar should not entertain egoism in his thoughts at any
time. However, the misfortune is that scholars as a class are today
afflicted with unbounded egoism. As a consequence, they follow wrong
ideals and take to wrong paths. They confer the benefits of education
only on themselves and on their kith and kin. As a result, they forgo
their position among Sajjans (noble men) and the respect it can bring.
One must grant generously to others the knowledge, skill and insight
that one has acquired. If this is not done, human progress itself is
endangered. In order to promote the best interest of mankind, one has
to cultivate the holy urge of Paropakaaram (service to others) and the
attitude of sharing.

ஒரு பண்டிதர் எப்போது தன் நினைவுகளில் அகந்தை கொள்ளுதல் கூடாது. ஆனால்
துரதிர்ஷ்டவசமாக பெரும்பாலான பண்டிதர்களுக்கு கரைகாணாத அகந்தை
பீடித்துள்ளது. அதன் விளைவாக, அவர்கள் தவறான கொள்கைகளையும் பாதைகளையும்
பின்பற்றுகின்றனர். அவர்கள் தங்கள் கல்வியின் பயனை தங்களுக்காகவும்
தங்கள் மக்களுக்காகவும் மட்டுமே கொடுக்கின்றனர். அதனால், உயர்ந்த
மனிதர்கள் என்ற நிலையில் இருந்தும் அந்நிலை கொடுக்கும் மரியாதையில்
இருந்தும் வழுவுகின்றனர். ஒருவர் தான் பெற்ற அறிவு, திறமை, உள்நோக்கு
ஆகிவற்றை மற்றவர்களுக்காக தாராள மனதுடன் கொடுக்க வேண்டும். இதைச்
செய்யாவிடில் மனிதனது முன்னேற்றமே ஆபத்துக்கு உள்ளாகும். மனிதனின் மிகச்
சிறந்த நலனுக்காக பரோபகாரம் என்ற மற்றவருக்கு சேவை செய்யும் புனிதமான
உந்துதலையும், பகிர்ந்துகொள்ளும் மனோபாவத்தையும் ஒருவர் கைக்கொள்ள
வேண்டும்.

A true scholar should not entertain egoism in his thoughts at any time. However, the misfortune is that scholars as a class are today afflicted with unbounded egoism. As a consequence, they follow incorrect ideals and take to wrong paths. They confer the benefits of education only on themselves and on their kith and kin. As a result, they forgo their position among sajjans (noble men) and the respect it can bring. One must grant generously to others the knowledge, skill and insight that one has acquired. If this is not done, human progress itself is endangered. In order to promote the best interest of mankind, one has to cultivate the holy urge of paropakaaram (service to others) and the attitude of sharing. -Vidya Vahini, Chap 15. Sai Sai sai Sai sai Sai Sai Sai Sai sai Sai sai sai . Sai Hands that serve are holier than lips that pray. - Baba

Shri Nachi Nagaji,

Awesome quote. Absolutely agree with noble thought. Conceit/Complacency/Pride makes one blind-folded by Ego, but humility makes one a life-long learner/student(Ex:Sri Abdul Kalam). We all need to put it into practice. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

"Do not try to lead your brethren but serve them. The brutal mania of leading has sunk many a great ship in the waters of life."
- Swami Vivekananda

With Respect and Regards,
Student of V.I.H.E

A true scholar should not entertain egoism in his thoughts at any time. However, the misfortune is that scholars as a class are today afflicted with unbounded egoism. As a consequence, they follow incorrect ideals and take to wrong paths. They confer the benefits of education only on themselves and on their kith and kin. As a result, they forgo their position among sajjans (noble men) and the respect it can bring. One must grant generously to others the knowledge, skill and insight that one has acquired. If this is not done, human progress itself is endangered. In order to promote the best interest of mankind, one has to cultivate the holy urge of paropakaaram (service to others) and the attitude of sharing. -Vidya Vahini, Chap 15. Sai Sai sai Sai sai Sai Sai Sai Sai sai Sai sai sai . Sai Hands that serve are holier than lips that pray. - Baba

Love has no reason. Love is the basis for love. Only through this love, we can attain God. Any other spiritual pursuits give us temporary joy not permanent bliss. Only through the principle of love and its practice, we can recognize and realize the Embodiment of Love. Where is this Love? This love is within us, but we divert this in different ways. We have a variety of sweets, but the same sugar is present in all of them. Similarly, Divine Love is inherent and immanent in everybody; there is no human heart bereft of love. So, we should visualize the love which is in everybody. To teach this path of love, Lord Krishna incarnated who said, "Yadaa, Yadaahi Dharrmasya Glaanir Bhavathi Bharatha; abhyuthaanam adharrmasya, Tadaatmaanam Srujaamyaham - Whenever the hearts of human beings become barren, because of unrighteousness and lovelessness, in order to sow the seeds of love and in order to propagate the principle of love, God incarnates.

- Divine Discourse, August 14, 1998.

Love is Selflessness. - Baba

Last edited by a moderator:
The Divine is the base, and is also the superstructure. The beads are many, but the interconnecting, integrating string of the rosary is one. So also, for the entire world of living beings, God, the permanent, omnipresent parabrahman, the Supreme Divine Consciousness, is the base. “Soham”, “I am God", “He is I”, “I am that” - all these axioms indicate that even those who differentiate themselves under various names and forms are in fact God Himself. This is why the scriptures proclaim, “Brahmavith Brahmaiva Bhavathi” (He who realises Brahman becomes verily Brahman). This awareness of the Divine in oneself is the awareness of the Reality.

-Sutra Vahini, Chap.2

The Unseen is the basis of all that is Seen. Practise to see the Hand of God, everyday. - Baba

While dealing with uncultured folks, you must exercise caution. So too, you must be careful with ungrateful people, who forget the good done to them. The law is the instrument that Government will use to punish those who do wrong. As educated persons and students, you should not condemn difficult people outright. You must manifest your natural virtue of detachment and practise your characteristic attitude of helpfulness.

-Vidya Vahini, Chapter 15.

Develop Love, Scatter Love, Reap Love. This is the noblest service. - Baba

Sri Nachi Nagaji,

Ah! What an Enlightening thoughts you are sharing; they are going straight to the heart. Need fill the brain with these Good/Strengthening/Powerful/Pure thoughts. Yes. At any cost, we shouldn't loose our temper. Need to practice 'Non-attachment' - the word repeated again and again in Bhagawad Gita.

“Fill the brain with high thoughts, highest ideals, place them day and night before you, and out of that will come great work.”
- Swami Vivekananda​

With Respect, Love and Regards,
Rajasekhar

While dealing with uncultured folks, you must exercise caution. So too, you must be careful with ungrateful people, who forget the good done to them. The law is the instrument that Government will use to punish those who do wrong. As educated persons and students, you should not condemn difficult people outright. You must manifest your natural virtue of detachment and practise your characteristic attitude of helpfulness.

this note to rajasekhar: (nachi please excuse..thx)

how can anyone call someone 'uncultured'? can not the same person retort in similar manners? can we not forget, that when we point a finger at someone, three fingers point back at us.

again, i go back to calling someone ungrateful. who are we to judge?

i find very disturbing, to take a point of view of assumed righteousness, enlarge the ego to be such, that all of what i do is right and magnanimous, and accuse those who are 'uncultured' and 'ungrateful'.

personally, i think, i will do to help folks, for my own sake - not expecting something to be returned.

such talk as prescribed here, strikes a chord in everyone's psyche, because, i think, all of us, can think of instances of ungratefulness in some action or the other.

i find this is a base arguement. had this tended towards nothing mentioned about expecations, and performing good deeds for the sake of it alone, and no rewards expected... i would have been impressed. not that it matters.

still.... if such lines should build what is now puttaparthi, without much ado, i am relieved that i am not part of it, and have never been impressed (for 40+ years).

...... there are many who are adherents.. and i have to accept that there is a corner of a window, that i do not understand, at such loyalty towards baba, from so sobre and erudite folks. so be it.

peace.

Shri Kunjuppuji,

During my college days, i went on finding faults; used to see only negative in others. In due course of time, i got some gifts from God: mind became a pressure cooker, suffered with depression, neurosis, loneliness, mild ulcer in stomach, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD - - -

By the grace of God, i realised my mistake by praying him for intellect to discriminate what is right and what is wrong for years. From then, i am looking for Good in all. As Lord Krishna says to Duryodhana and Yudhistira that there is no being in this world, who can be regarded as absolutely good or absolutely bad.

Let us all look for the Good of others. :)

With Respect and Regards,
Rajasekhar

P.S: FYI - - I don't know much about Puttaparthi Saibaba

this note to rajasekhar: (nachi please excuse..thx)

how can anyone call someone 'uncultured'? can not the same person retort in similar manners? can we not forget, that when we point a finger at someone, three fingers point back at us.

again, i go back to calling someone ungrateful. who are we to judge?

i find very disturbing, to take a point of view of assumed righteousness, enlarge the ego to be such, that all of what i do is right and magnanimous, and accuse those who are 'uncultured' and 'ungrateful'.

personally, i think, i will do to help folks, for my own sake - not expecting something to be returned.

such talk as prescribed here, strikes a chord in everyone's psyche, because, i think, all of us, can think of instances of ungratefulness in some action or the other.

i find this is a base arguement. had this tended towards nothing mentioned about expecations, and performing good deeds for the sake of it alone, and no rewards expected... i would have been impressed. not that it matters.

still.... if such lines should build what is now puttaparthi, without much ado, i am relieved that i am not part of it, and have never been impressed (for 40+ years).

...... there are many who are adherents.. and i have to accept that there is a corner of a window, that i do not understand, at such loyalty towards baba, from so sobre and erudite folks. so be it.

peace.

Last edited:
raja & K,

its the message which is important,not the messenger.if swami vivekananda can come here to chicago and inspire millions of people,sir's then bhagavan sathya sai baba has inspired trillions and zillions and gazzillions of people worldwide.love you both,sai ram.

The bubble born of water floats in it and bursts to become one with it. All the visible objective worlds are like the bubbles emanating from the vast ocean of Divinity, Brahman. They are on the water and are sustained by water. How else can they arise and exist? Finally, they merge and disappear in water itself. For their origination, subsistence, and mergence, they depend only on water. Water is one; bubbles are plentiful. Water is real; bubbles are appearances. Water is the basis; bubbles are delusive forms of the same imposed on it.

- Sutra Vahini, Chap 2.

All are One, Be alike to Everyone. - Baba

Every being has its own Dharma or innate specialty or individuality or special characteristics. This rule applies equally to blades of grass and the stars. The cosmos is not one continuous flux; it progresses persistently towards achieving a totality in the qualities and circumstances. But if you are too immersed in the all-pervasive delusion, you cannot elevate yourself. When in delusion, you are not aware of the path of peace and harmony in the world. You will also not be able to hold on to the good and avoid the bad, and establish yourself in the righteous path. However, you can transform yourself from the present status through self-effort and discrimination. The moral forces permeating the cosmos will certainly promote your achievement!
- Sutra Vahini, Chapter 2, "The Path of Righteousness".

Steady perseverance alone will tame the mind. -Baba

Ganapathi is the embodiment of Buddhi (intellect) and Jnana (wisdom).
Truth emerges out of wisdom and ultimately leads to Ananda (bliss).
This is the teaching of Ganapathi. You are under the false impression
that today is the birthday of Vinayaka, but He has neither birth nor
death. He has neither beginning nor end. He is the eternal witness.
All the festivals of Bhaarath are suffused with deep inner meaning.
They are highly sacred. Festivals are not just meant for preparing
delicious items and consuming them. They are meant to remind us of
Divinity. On festival days, you decorate your houses with buntings of
green leaves and you also wear new clothes, discarding the old ones.
Likewise, you should give up your old bad habits and cultivate new and
sacred ideas.

The Gita warns that any insult or injury or even neglect directed
against any living being is an act that insults, injures or neglects
the Divine. “Sarva Jeeva Thiraskaaram Keshavam Prathigachchathi.” The
Gita clearly says, “Sunee chaiva svapaakecha, pandithaah sama
darshinah.” That is to say, the learned man who has acquired humility
through Vidya (knowledge) must deal with equal compassion and
consideration all living beings alike. Uniform compassion shown in
this manner transforms itself into uniform welfare for the recipients.
Wishing well for all is the sign of one who has earned Vidya. The
narrow vision that is limited to one community must be given up.
Bhaarathiya culture thus emphasises the highest truth, the broadest
vision.

The genuine characteristics, the Swaroopa Lakshana, never undergoes change. It abides in all. The form, name, time or space may suffer change; but the core of truth (the Swaroopa Lakshana) will not alter. That core is denoted as Asthi (existence), Bhathi (luminescence) and Priyam (attractiveness) in Vedantic texts. Existence is the unchanging truth; it may change its form and name, in time and space, but the ‘is-ness’ is genuine. It makes itself known as existing, through the native characteristic of Prakasha (luminosity) or capacity to attract our awareness and confer knowledge. We can know it because it has luminescence; all things we are aware of have this innate characteristic. Each thing also has the nature of likeability, the capacity to invoke attachment and love as a result of usability. The above three together are the nature of God.

- Sutra Vahini, Chapter 2,"Never Changing Qualities of Godhead".

God is Love. Love is God. - Baba

The hearts of the great will be so full of divine content and equanimity, that they will not be affected by the ups and downs of fortune. A fragrant flower will please one with its captivating scent, whether it is held in the left hand or in the right. So too, whether in the sky or in the forest, village or city, on the heights or the valley, the great will be equally happy. They know no change as demonstrated by the Pandavas in the epic Mahabharatha. Even though they were in the jungle, they were able to spend their days happily by the grace of Lord Krishna.

- Bhagavatha Vahini, Chap 20

The Name of the Lord is the surest raft to cross the sea of birth and death. - Baba

Students have to pay great attention to an important quality—cleanliness, both outer and inner. When either of these is absent, that person becomes useless for any task. The clothes you wear, the books you read and the environment around you must be clean. This is the outer cleanliness. That is to say, every material object you deal with for living has to be kept clean. The body has to be scrubbed and washed every day, or else, it may cause infection to you and others. The teeth and eyes, the food and drink, all should be free from dirt. You can then lead a healthy life.

- Vidya Vahini, Chap 16.

Pleasure is an interval between two pains. - Baba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back