• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thought of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All...

Today I want to share my thoughts with everyone ...Hey I am almost making this thread like a blog..but its Ok becos I really learnt a valueble lesson today that I want to share with everyone...Its like having a Jagat Hita effect(Universal Beneficial Effect)...

You know sometimes when we are feeling unhappy about something...and we really hoped that we can straigthen things out...not necassarily for our personal gain but just to keep everyone happy...and if it doesnt happen they way we hope it to be...many of us feel depressed or dejected...
Well it happens at least to some of us at some point of our life..

Then for me at least I start to remember the Gita shloka which says
Sukha Dukhe Same Krtva Labhaalabhau Jayaajayau..

Be equiposed in happiness or sorrow,gain or loss,victory or defeat...

Many a times may be some of us worry too much of the future or even the past and actually forget to enjoy the present...

Even RamanaMaharishi had said this...be in the present..

read this...

Maharshi: Do you know the present life that you wish to know the past? Find the present, then the rest will follow. Even with our present limited knowledge, you suffer so much. Why should you burden yourself with more knowledge? Is it to suffer more?
When seen through the sight of the supreme space of Self, the illusion of taking birth in this mirage-like false world is found to be nothing but the egotistical ignorance of identifying a body as "I". Among those whose minds are possessed with forgetfulness of Self, those who are born will die and those who die will be born again. But know that those whose minds are dead, having known the glorious Supreme Reality, will remain only there in that elevated state of reality, devoid of both birth and death. Forgetting Self, mistaking the body for Self, taking innumerable births, and at last knowing Self and being Self is just like waking from a dream of wandering all over the world.

Ok but you know what i really want to share with everyone today is what i learnt from a friend today....
He is no Pandit, He is no scholar,He does not know Shlokas,Vedas,Upanishads etc..
But he knows life...He has a firm believe in God..thats all...Its like the Shivoham feeling..

It really weird sometimes that we can find a Rishi lying dormant in the most unexpected persons...
I realized that today...
My friend has the direct approach technique..He does not mince his words..

He believes that we have a problem..try to solve it...If we tried our best..and its still not solved he just follows the "F**K It Theory...Give a damn..since we tried our best..dont get worked up and all depressed feeling "O My God...what am I going to do....etc" Just say "F*** IT and move on with life..
I know the language sounds harsh here but it made me realize something which no flowery poetic words could made me realize...

I just wanted to share this..that there is a Rishi lying dormant in each one of us....
We dont need really any theoritical knowledge to realize simple truths about life...

No wonder Adishankaracharya said "Nahi Nahi Rakshati Dukren Karane"

Last edited:
Dear all,

I want to share my thoughts today..
Today i had a patient a 49 year old Malay woman..
I had refered her to the Hospital last year becos I diagnosed her as having Cancer Breast..
She came back today for a dressing of her cancer wound...It was really very very bad..with all fluids and blood oozing..She was on Chemotherapy..
She knows she is dying...But I could not help noticing her smiles and politeness and the pain she was withstanding when i was cleaning her wound..

I thought to myself..we all practically have a good life..but we complain about the least relevant things in life..like getting upset with family,spouse,boyfriends,girlfriends,freinds etc

Here I had a person who was dying with such a painful wound and all i saw was smiles..

I did not charge her my full consultation..becos I felt i could at least do this favor for her..she was not rich either..
I did not want to give her free treatment not becos i wanted to charge something..but when you dont charge someone he/she might feel i am feeling sympathy and acting out of pity..and that might actually remind her of her present plight..

So i only charged her half the fees..so she would be happy and have her dignity intact also...

We dont realize that God has given us so much and we still complain....

Dear all,

I want to share my thoughts today..
Today i had a patient a 49 year old Malay woman..
I had refered her to the Hospital last year becos I diagnosed her as having Cancer Breast..
She came back today for a dressing of her cancer wound...It was really very very bad..with all fluids and blood oozing..She was on Chemotherapy..
She knows she is dying...But I could not help noticing her smiles and politeness and the pain she was withstanding when i was cleaning her wound..

I thought to myself..we all practically have a good life..but we complain about the least relevant things in life..like getting upset with family,spouse,boyfriends,girlfriends,freinds etc

Here I had a person who was dying with such a painful wound and all i saw was smiles..

I did not charge her my full consultation..becos I felt i could at least do this favor for her..she was not rich either..
I did not want to give her free treatment not becos i wanted to charge something..but when you dont charge someone he/she might feel i am feeling sympathy and acting out of pity..and that might actually remind her of her present plight..

So i only charged her half the fees..so she would be happy and have her dignity intact also...

We dont realize that God has given us so much and we still complain....

renu

you reminded me of my mother's death & disease.she died exactly like the patients disease,and my sister and doctor in chennai,did all they could,within 6 months of diagnosis she died,i believe she had a smile on her face always,despite the pain and sufferings.

Dear Dr.Renukaji,
I saw a TV interview of a cancer patient(LUNG CANCER-4th stage)
IN NDTV sometime back.MR.ANUP KUMAR the patient was being interviwed.He was mentioning about the book written by him titled
"THE JOY of CANCER' and said that anyone whose life has been touched by cancer will find courage, wisdom,and inspiration in his book.
The book is published by RUPA & CO and is priced Rs.195.
He says that it was ironical that in the face of death(DOCTORS give him only about four months to live if not responding to chemotherapy treatment),he began, for the first time, to really live.
It is a good book and enumerates a seven point battle plan against cancer.
BK

Dear Dr.Renukaji,
I saw a TV interview of a cancer patient(LUNG CANCER-4th stage)
IN NDTV sometime back.MR.ANUP KUMAR the patient was being interviwed.He was mentioning about the book written by him titled
"THE JOY of CANCER' and said that anyone whose life has been touched by cancer will find courage, wisdom,and inspiration in his book.
The book is published by RUPA & CO and is priced Rs.195.
He says that it was ironical that in the face of death(DOCTORS give him only about four months to live if not responding to chemotherapy treatment),he began, for the first time, to really live.
It is a good book and enumerates a seven point battle plan against cancer.
BK

Dear KrishnaJi...
Thanks a lot...

Ok today i am pasting Sathya Sai Babas thought of the day..

Real people are those, who are filled with love. Their hearts are springs of mercy. They are endowed with true speech and their minds are filled with peace. Just as gold and silver are hidden deep under the earth, and pearl and coral deep under the sea, peace and joy also lie hidden in the mind. Desirous of acquiring these hidden treasures, if you dive inward and direct your mental activities towards acquiring these treasures, you become filled with love and peace. You must fill yourself with this love and live in the light of unsullied, unselfish and pure love.
- Divine Discourse, Prema Vahini

Source: www.hinduismtoday.com
Wealth and happiness are not related to each other as cause and effect. An attempt to secure happiness by securing wealth is as futile as it is absurd.
Jagadguru Sri Chandrasekhara Bharati Mahaswamigal (1912-1954), 34th pontiff of the Sarada Peetham
ILyVmcSNL3w

The advice given by Vedic teachers to young departing children, after their schooling are exalted are, "'Revere your mother as God', 'May your father be God' and 'May your Teacher be your God'; 'Speak the Truth and Act Righteously, Do not adopt other ways'."

Engage yourselves in such activities, that will promote your progress. By devoted service to parents, and consistent adherence to Truth, several great souls, including Rama and Harishchandra have made themselves immortal. By means of right conduct, common people exalted themselves to the position of World Teachers.
Hence, every bit of this advice, given to pupils, is highly powerful and relevant.
-Divine Discourse, Vidya Vahini

The mind of man is apt to doze off after some spurt of spiritual activity. This is the reason festival days have been marked out on the calendar - to awaken the mind of man from sloth or complaisance. They are like alarm bells, which go off at intervals during the year, warning men of the journey ahead and the goal beyond the horizon. 'Be warned, be warned', say the sages, 'Awake, arise, stop not till the goal is attained.'
- Sathya Sai Speaks, Vol. 7, pg. 85.

The real tapas or asceticism in life is to observe disciplines and restrictions as prescribed. The mind is the foremost of the three inner instruments in human beings. We must protect the mind so that attachment, passion and excitement do not enter. These extremes are natural to the mind. The waves that rise in fury in the mind are lust, anger, greed, attachment, pride and envy; these six are your inner foes. Lust and anger bring on the remaining four. To release ourselves from these inner foes and to proceed in our spiritual path, we must observe spiritual practices.
- Divine Discourse, Vidya Vahini.

Hands that serve are holier than lips that pray. - Baba

Those devoid of Pure Love are sub-humans. The holy quality of Love is that it is ever present; not something which manifests off and on. Love is one and indivisible. Those saturated with Love are incapable of spite, selfishness, injustice, wrong and misconduct. Those who trample on Love and consider inferior qualities as important should destroy their evil qualities. Bad conduct and habits distort your humanness. Hearts filled with the nectar of Love indicate genuineness. You must possess Love that is unsullied, unselfish, devoid of impurity and that which is demonstrated continuously.

Divine Discourse, Prema Vahini.

Whoever assigns his wealth, strength, intellect and devotion towards the promotion of humankind is worthy of reverence. They are those who are born for a noble purpose. They observe the holy vow of service, unsullied by thoughts of self. This ideal of service and the urge to practice it forms the very heart of education. This is Pure Love in its chief manifestation. God loves those individuals who undertake activities for the benefit of other people, as His dear children. These are ideal brothers and sisters for their countrymen.
-Divine Discourse, Vidya Vahini

dear all...

i was talking to someone yesterday..a very special girl and we were discussing about boredom...
some get bored of friends..some get bored of life..some get bored of marriage..some get bored of being bored itself...

then she asked me..do you get bored of God ?
and I said No..i dont get bored of God..

I thought of that the whole night and started to wonder "Why is it even though I am a Libran and get bored of so many things..why is it I have never got bored of God?"

What is it about God..that I have never got bored of Him?

I wonder is it because God is Eternal,Unchanging ..always there for us or is it becos God is our own innate divinity itself...So how can we get bored with That ?

Dear amala..thank you for asking me this question..

Dr.Renuka ji,

Amala, indeed have asked you a very good question....I wish, she continues to speak her heart out :)

Renuka ji, you are true to note that, because God is our own innate divinity itself, for which we can never get bored with that.....

I would also like to add that, we as "believers" of GOD, loves God, respect God, have trust on God and always revere God as "Apathbhaandhava", from our Heart and not from our Brain. With our brain we look for scientific validity/authenticity and its practical usage in our life, of any existence that supports our life.

Its not only the GOD with whom we as "believers" can never get bored, its any thing of our day to day life, including human relationships, with which we would never get bored, if and only if we love something/some one from our heart.

Dear Ravi...

True what you say...but sometimes being born a Libran is actually a little hard..
We get bored of things really fast..but since I dont get bored of God..I should see God in everyone and everything...in that way I wont get bored of anything at all..

But next to God..I know i wont get bored of Amala..becos she is one of the sweetest person I know...

renu,ravi,amala

libra from tropical astrlogy.our sidereal astrlogy would make you a 'virgo' or kanya.unless you have quoted sidereal astrology placement of sun in libra.libran's generally vibe with air signs like gemini,aquarius.maybe amala is a air sign.or maybe a earth sign like taurus,stubborn as a mule,my 2 naya paisa observations.....librans generally lose their balance from time to time ,unless they have a relationship which balances their life..librans are generally very fair in life,a hallmark of their personality.

Nachi naga avargale.....neengal Sagala Kalaa Vallavan.....Nava Rasa Naayagan...

Indriya "Though of the day" yil, vitha-vitha maana thoughts thondrigirathu...

Ranu devikkum, ungalakkum oru "O" poduren...

--------------

The minus point of the Libran Rasi or Lagna people is that, one can not predict the person. Though they are fair in dealings, it's very difficult to get along with such people owing to their uncertain behavior with other people. Librans are also considered to be "Marma Manithan"

Kanya Rasi girls are the best on this Earth...In my opinion...

Last edited:
Dear nachi...

you are right...amala is an air sign..thats why she gets along with me so well..
anyway Ravi ..me and Amala all get along so well..

Yes you are right..I am very just by nature..thats also the first line of my Janam Patri...(my horoscope) It starts of saying Just Girl...

when I was small..whenever my mother used to give and my two brothers some desert esp ice cream..my younger brother used to ask more from me and also my elder brother would want some from me..
i would go to the kitchen and take the kitchen weighing scale and put equal amount from my share for my brothers..I would weigh it till theirs weighed the same..(mine was less becos I used to give them my share)..

Thats why even in case of Nithyananda..I am always asking that he be given a fair trial if there is an offence..

hey Nachi...you are good yaar..Sakalakala Vallavan..

renu

renu,ravi,amala

maybe amala is a air sign.or maybe a earth sign like taurus,stubborn as a mule,my 2 naya paisa observations

Wow nachi mama did i rub you the wrong way somehow?? And why are you copying TBS mama's line (he always says his two cents worth)

Kanya Rasi girls are the best on this Earth...In my opinion...

I totally agree. Kanni rasi and Virgo girls/people/guys are the best since they have mercury (ruling planet of my zodiac)

Wow nachi mama did i rub you the wrong way somehow?? And why are you copying TBS mama's line (he always says his two cents worth)

I totally agree. Kanni rasi and Virgo girls/people/guys are the best since they have mercury (ruling planet of my zodiac)

amala

it's just a figure of speech,of course not,you have not rubbed anyone in the forum including me,in the wrong way.if it had conveyed a wrong meaning,please think again,and please for god's sake you also don't change your avatar pic to a mule,like ? you know who :second:

virgos are basically innocent people,but one can never cheat them,as they pierce thru every human act possible,awesome people,no wonder bhudhan rules virgo and gemini or mithunam.

Dear Amala,

Among the nine planets, Rahu and Kethu as shadow planets, does not own any of the 12 zodiac houses. Moon and Sun owns one house each, Cancer and Leo respectively. The rest of 5 plantes, Guru, Sani, Budhan, Chevvai and Sukkran, own two houses each, making all the 12 zodiac signs occupied by all 7 planets.

Mercury owns Gemini and Virgo...Athidevathai is Maha Vishnu..though all these are in common, there are many variations between the two zodiac signs, that makes both the individuals differ.

Gemini is an Airy sign and Virgo is an earthy sign and the important point is, Virgo is Mercury’s prime house (“Uchcha Veedu”).

hi folks,
i think scorpions are nice and good guys....my 2 cents....

regards

tbs

Sri tbs ji......Viruchikam raasi kaarargal, vaarthaigalaaliye thelu pola kottuvaargalaamey...

Mesham raasi kaarargal, mesham/Goat pola muttuvaargalaamey...

Meshamum, Viruchikam um, chevvai aadhikkam petrathaalay, romba kovam kondavargalaavum, Hot aagavum irupaargalaamey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back