• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thought of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sow.Revathi,

Greetings. If you are offended by my message, kindly pardon me. I humbly request you to ignore the exchange of messages between me and Sri.Nara. I humbly request you to take part in the forum like you did before, please.

There are two types of people: one set on accusing themselves as sinners and the other flattering themselves as great. Both types are afflicted by their own mental aberrations! What they both need is mental satisfaction, and this can be obtained by meditation. Wisdom grows once we improve our understanding and this happens through meditation. Therefore, you should develop an interest in meditation — that is to say, you must acquire a yearning for this practice that is one-pointed and does not tolerate any obstacle. Yearning must have the strength to inspire endeavour. In fact, yearning is but dormant endeavour; endeavour is yearning in action. When yearning is weak, endeavour declines; when one is strong, one’s attempt is also potent.

- Dhyana Vahini, Chap 3, "The Goal of Meditation".

Love, Respect, Tolerance, Mutual Co-operation and Forbearance:
These must flow from your heart to each and everyone. - Baba

Many people go on pilgrimage in search of God. They foolishly think that they can find Him at such places. God is not present somewhere else. In fact, you are yourself God; He is present in all. God is only one and He is present wherever you look for Him. He is in you, with you, above you, below you and around you. God is beyond birth and death and dwells in every being in the form of the Divine Self. He is present in all human beings, be it a child or an old man. The same God is present in insects, birds and beasts. He is also present in everyone you meet; remember that!

- Divine Discourse, November 22, 2010.

Be always attentive to the signs of His Glory, His Mercy and His Omnipresence. - Baba

I am forwarding an interesting post that I received today:
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore

==================================================================
*BASIC REASON FOR RECESSION!!!!!*

A naked and drunken woman boards a cab in London one
night.

The Indian driver keeps staring and does not start the
cab.

Woman: Haven't you ever seen a naked woman before???

Indian Driver: I am not staring at you lady.....
just wondering where you kept money to pay me!

*Moral:*That is what most of the American and European
banks failed to do (i.e) Assessing repayment capacity
before taking in the exposure!!*
*=====================================================================

Take a few deep breaths in, full and expansive and as you exhale let go of any tension or stress in your body and allow your mind, your thoughts, to begin to settle into a quiet stillness...int: Connecting to your Heart means shifting your focus from your head to your Heart. Imagine you are gently moving down into the center of your chest with your energy and your focus.

Meditation can wipe away the day's stress, bringing with it inner peace. See how you can easily learn to practice meditation whenever you need it most.

When you meditate, you clear away the information overload that builds up every day and contributes to your stress. The emotional benefits of meditation include:

• Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations
  • Building skills to manage your stress
  • Increased self-awareness
  • Focusing on the present
  • Reducing negative emotions

A smile
I need a smile to glitter my world,
It makes me smile to make others smile,
beggars need a smile to know they exist,
and even I need a smile to create my smiles,

Human Birth is for two fold purpose
One to recover our spiritual identity &
To find our way out of the Creation and finally back to the Creator

Life is more accurately measured by the lives you touch than things you acquire.

We are not to turn our backs on those who are in need

Swami Chinmayananda words........" Do not plan for your future, you will get disappointed".
I fully agree with this and have experienced this as well

-Balaji

spend time workship god
is where we gain peace in heart
that leads our day more sucess

When a man has begun to be ashamed of his ancestors and his past,the END has come! "Swami Vivekananda"

Source:- Face Book. 'The Bharat Swabhiman Movement'

When faults are found in anyone, you will have to conclude that there are deficiencies in his/her behaviour, that is all. Do not conclude that there is no Divine Atma in them. As a result of the company they keep or the inefficiency of the society in which they grew up, faults have grown in them. They are not native to their nature, which is Atmic. You will have to provide them with good company and beneficial surroundings and persuade him/her to enter them. You should on no account condemn them as a born incorrigible, and keep them aloof.

- BABA

When things are placid, calm, and unruffled, people can merge themselves in the atmosphere of Supreme Consciousness, which is the highest they can reach. The shanti (peace) they taste there is subtler than the subtlest. They must ascend to it through effort guided by reason, through meditation. When the enjoyment is full and complete, it is the attainment of the Divine status, the coveted goal of life! People do not generally strive for it, because they know nothing of its supreme attraction.

- Dhyana Vahini, Chap 4, "Promote the Welfare of all Beings".

Life has to be spent in accumulating and safeguarding virtue, not riches. - BABA

The Jivi (an individual soul) can discard as many gross bodies in which it takes temporary residence as the number of times one pares one’s nails. But the subtle body cannot be changed; it lasts and persists. This is the most secret doctrine of Bharathiya (Indian) spiritual thought. Going further along this line of discovery, it can be seen that a human being means a complex of the gross body, the subtle body and the Jivi. The Vedantic philosophy declares that the Jivi shares the quality of Nithya (Eternal, Unchanging, Everlastingness) with Brahman.

- Sathya Sai Vahini, Chap 8, "Bondage".

Ordinary Karma (action) done with attachment or desires causes bondage. Desireless, selfless action
transforms normal activities to Karmayoga. - BABA

Dhyana (meditation) gives you the first inkling of Divine Bliss. Every one of you must strengthen your mind and make it aware of that bliss. Otherwise, there is a likelihood of the mind giving up all effort to reach what is now dismissed as ‘empty’ and ‘useless’. But once your mind is convinced that the moment of attunement with Chaitanya (Divine Consciousness) is a moment of complete divine power, then the effort will not be slackened; you will most certainly reach Atmic realization without further interruption.

- Dhyana Vahini, Chap 4, "Promote the Welfare of all beings".

Without spiritual transformation, social progress tends to become inimical to human advancement. - BABA

God is not responsible for the sorrow and the pain that one experiences. The sins one commits are the cause of the grief one suffers. Joy and sorrow are the consequences of the good and the evil that one perpetrates. God is merely a witness. He does not punish, nor does He create grief. The jivi (individual soul) is without a beginning, that is to say, it has no birth; but it involves itself in incessant activity and so it has to go through the inevitable consequences of that activity. This is the unbreakable law of the objective world. Grief or joy is the image of the activity one engages in; it is the resound, the reflection, and the reaction. One can be the witness without concerning oneself with the good and the bad of the activity. When involvement happens, good will have to be experienced when good is done, similarly evil will have to be undergone when evil is done.
The best spiritual discipline is to strengthen your inward vision. - BABA

We cannot think without words. Words are the essential material for thought. When the individual drops the body, the words enter the mind; the mind enters the Prana or the Life Force and the Prana merges in the Atma. When the Atma (individual soul) liberates itself it rushes to Surya Loka, the region of the Solar Principle. From there, it reaches Brahma Loka, the region of Brahma, the Supreme One. Having reached that region, the jivatma (individualized Atma) has no more concern with Prakriti, or the objective world. It will exist there till the end of time. It will experience boundless delight and have all powers except the powers of creation.
Water flows from a higher level to the lower levels. God’s grace too is like that.
It flows down to those who are bent with humility.- BABA

People are engaged in various forms of self-cultivation, but the most important of these is the cultivation of spiritual experiences. All refinement is based on spiritual development. It is the king of cultures. The king makes laws, but he is above and beyond them. So too, all rules and laws, all distinctions of right and wrong, of sin and virtue, of joy and sorrow affect only the jivi (individualized soul) that attaches importance to the inexperienced manas (mind) and buddhi (intellect) and not to the Atma. So, cultivation of the Atmic experience, which is pure, self-evident, and transcendental is essential for all. It is also easy, for the Atma is like the mother of all, and listening to the Atma is like the child listening to its mother. Everyone is competent to have that experience; in fa ct, it is everyone’s right to have it!

- Dhyana Vahini, Chap 5, "Cultivate the Blissful Atmic Experience".

Love is the ceaseless flow of Divine Effulgence. Sages called this Atma, the indwelling Divinity. - BABA

The Atma is also known as Brahman, so learning the Atma Vidya (Atmic knowledge) is to be considered the main objective by every student. Students who yearn to acquire this knowledge have to earn some primary qualifications. They are: Viveka (discrimination), Vairagya (renunciation), and the zeal to ensure that all evil propensities are uprooted within themselves. Only then do they deserve the status of being a student. Aspirants who possess a good character through these qualifications can confidently hope to attain the Atma without much difficulty.
- Dhyana Vahini, Chap 5, "Cultivate the Blissful Atmic Experience".
The essence of all the Puranas and Vedas is ‘Do good to others and keep away from doing harm to anyone'. - BABA

“We have helped the helpless, so our path will be smooth and safe. We have uplifted the downtrodden, so we can avoid troubles on our path. We have busied ourselves in singing the Lord’s Glory in chorus (bhajan), so we are sure of Heaven”— these are the calculations of some people who engage themselves in ‘good acts’. When such people give up their bodies, their soul reaches Chandra Loka (region of the Mind) as a Deva (angel). Residence in that Loka (region) is the reward they have secured for their good deeds in the past. When the joy emanating from the good deeds is experienced and finished, the balance of the consequences accumulated has to be suffered, and so the soul comes back to earth as a human. Therefore, one has to engage in charitable acts and attain the highest good, cleansing one’s heart in the process. Once this happens one reaches Brahma Loka (the region of Brahma) from where there is no coming back.

There is no greater example of selfless service than Nature. - BABA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back