• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

# 369. "நீயும் செய்யவேண்டாம்...!"

குடும்பத்தில் ஒரு நல்ல காரியம் நடந்தால் எல்லோரும்
இழுத்துப் போட்டுக் கொண்டு உதவி செய்ய வேண்டும்.

"பகிர்ந்த வேலை பளுவாக இராது" அல்லவா!

"யாருக்கு வந்த விருந்தோ?" எனச் சிலர் அமர்ந்திருப்பர்.
'பிடித்து வைத்த பிள்ளையார்' போலச் சிலர் இருப்பர்.

'யாரிடம் என்ன குற்றம் குறை காணலாம்?" என்று நோட்டம் போட்டபடி சும்மா அமர்ந்து இருப்பார் சிலர்!

பேச்சு வாக்கில் "உதவி செய்யலாமே!" என்றால்
ஒரே மாதிரி பதில் அனைவரிடமிருந்தும் வரும்.

"நீயும் எனக்கு உதவி செய்ய வேண்டாம்!
நானும் உனக்கு உதவி செய்ய மாட்டேன்!

நல்ல பாலிசி. எல்லோரும் கஷ்டப் படவேண்டும்!
யாருமே சுகப் படக் கூடாது! என்ன பரந்த உள்ளம்!

Hearty Greetings to all the members of the 'gentler gender' of the Forum on the International women' day!

Feminine power is immeasurable indeed.

We all know this saying,
"Aavathum peNNaalE! Azhivathum peNNaalE!"

All powers, wealth, knowledge, mental and physical abilities,
and all the holy things are assigned female names.

My father always used to say "Durga, Lakshmi, Saraswathi"
and never "Krishna, Rama, Govinda!"

I thought that the sequence Durga, Lakshmi, Saraswathi was due to the qualities assigned to them.

But now I feel that as the father of four daughters, he knew the importance of protection more than those of wealth and knowledge.

Two school boys aged ~17 corner a 12 year old girl returning from school in broad daylight and try to molest her.

In future 2, 3 or more men / boys may join together and sexually attack anyone!

That is precisely why I used the word male jackals since only jackals hunt in groups.

I wish we had a system similar to the insects where everyone is just a worker and the reproduction department is in the hands of the king and his queen.

That may be the only way to safeguard the girls in future.

One good friend suggested to me in 2012 that I must write my autobiography.

I know my story will be dry and boring. In fact I can write it down in just a few simple and familiar words.

"A lady who thought that Life was All work and No play"

So I started registering my impressions about the strange people I meet and the unusual events I witness.

The idea was not to judge nor comment on those people and those events but to make the readers a little more sensible and a little more sensitive to the feelings of the others around them.

Stepping into another person's shoes and feeling what he/she might have felt is not very difficult. We just need some practice.

It is said that a person is remembered by how he had made the others around him feel. We can't feel happy after hurting someone badly with our foul language and / or foolish actions.

We need more sympathy and empathy to make modern life tolerable. I will feel happy even if a few of the readers have started wondering how they are making the others feel with their words and actions.

There will surely be more episodes but since they be few and far between I may not number them in the future! :)

I forgot to give a fresh link on three different occasions!
But the golden rule remains the same.
One link at a time and too many nor all at once!

East Meets West
A blog of 2008 parallel proverbs in English and Tamil with individual illustration for each of the proverbs.

Human beings may look different! The color of their skin may differ. The color of their eyes and hair may vary. Their features may be as varied as is theoretically possible. They may dress differently and speak different languages.

But despite all these differences, the human mind works exactly in the same way - whatever be the nationality, language, customs, traditions, religion and beliefs of the individuals.

So it is small wonder that we find the same ideas being conveyed through the proverbs in different languages.

Here is a comparative study of the parallel proverbs in Tamil and English.

Visalakshi Ramani

Hollywood stars (all those who belong to other various woods as well) 'go under the knife' to regain their beauty and get a new look.

My saris are 'going through the scissors' to get a new look and become more user friendly.

I am now working on the tenth sari! (Whew)

I feel like the runner nearing the finishing line - ready to stop, to stoop and start taking deep breaths.

But....not so fast dear me!

There are umpteen other smaller alterations and repairs too!

My deadline is set for 17th March. After that we may start getting visitors and visits! And then the cleaning and safe keeping!!!!

pudhup aNakkaran can do whatever he fancies.
Suddenly the wife would appear older, uglier and lack lustre.
May be he wants to marry a young pretty vivacious girl.
But why would such a girl marry a dumbo-gumbo except for his wealth? He has nothing else which is of any use for her!
What will stop her from getting hold of all his money by any means fair or foul, with or without the help of accomplices???

It was once asked by a famous person
If all the senches are sweet and shy whence do we get the quarrelsome wifes?
A very good question but the answer lies in her husband.
It is her long association with an insane insaan!!! :(

A Trophy Wife!

ஒரு குட்டிக் கதை!

அவள் அழகைக் காட்டினாள்!
அவன் பல்லைக் காட்டினான்!
அவள் உடலைக் காட்டினாள் !
அவன் காமத்தைக் காட்டினா!ன்
அவள் கைவரிசையைக் காட்டினாள்!
He is care of highway now!!!

As always the most dangerous things will also be the most beautiful ones!
Superman and superwoman are welcome but super drug resistant diseases???

nypost.com

The infection, which was also resistant to a slew of other antibiotics, was quickly dubbed "super gonorrhea" by the UK press. It was the first reported case in the world of gonorrhea with combined high-level azithromycin resistance and ceftriaxone resistance.Sep 4, 2018
Experts brace for more super-resistant gonorrhea | CIDRAP

www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/.../experts-brace-more-super-resistant-gonorrhea

Super-gonorrhoea spread causes 'deep concern' - BBC News

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-46809526

1. Jan 9, 2019 - Two women in the UK have been infected with super-gonorrhoea, sparking deep concern from sexual health doctors. A European "party ...

"Man is a rational animal."

"Man is a thinking animal."

"Man is a social animal."

Two more sentences of this type and we will start pondering
and wondering whether we are human or animals.

We are HUMANS when we think before we act.
We are ANIMALS when we just act without any thought.

Let us think and learn to live like the human beings we were designed to be.

"Practice makes perfect."

We may initially GET LOST in thoughts since it might be an unexplored territory but once it is chartered, the process becomes easier.

I am.... because I think...not because I just exist!

Oh boy! Am I happy I do indeed have some more episodes with # numbers. They will follow this post until they too get exhausted!

# 370. வேலைக்காரி VS வீட்டுக்காரி.

வருவதற்குள் சுடச் சுடக் காபி கிடைக்கும்.
"நீங்க! வாங்க!" என்று மரியாதை கிடைக்கும்!

வாரத்துக்கு இரண்டு அல்லது மூன்று நாள்
சம்பளத்துடன் கேட்காமலேயே லீவு கிடைக்கும்.

ஒரு சின்ன வேலை செய்தாலும் எக்ஸ்ட்ரா டிப் கிடைக்கும். வழிமேல் விழி வைத்துக் காத்திருப்பார்கள் வரவுக்கு!

"Anything you do is o.k. with me!" untold fact.

இனியும் என்ன வேண்டும் ஒரு வேலைக்காரிக்கு.
ஒரு வீட்டுக்காரியின் பாட்டை அறியவேண்டுமா?

அப்படியே எல்லாவற்றையும் எதிர்மறை ஆக்குங்கள்!!! :(

# 371. காந்தாரி.

காந்தாரி நல்ல பதிவிரதை தான் ஐயமில்லை.

தன் கணவன் காணாத காட்சிகளைத் தானும் காண விரும்பாமல் காலம் எல்லாம் துணியால் கண்களைக்
கட்டிக் கொண்டு இருந்திருக்கிறாள்.

ஆனால் இன்னொரு கோணத்தில் சிந்தித்தால் அவள் அறிவாளியும் கூட.

"என் கண்களாக இருந்து கொண்டு நீ காண்பதை எல்லாம் எனக்குச் சொல்லு!" என்று கணவன் கேட்டிருந்தால் அவள் கதி....???

வாழ்நாள் முழுக்க ரன்னிங் கமெண்டரி கொடுப்பதிலேயே கழிந்திருக்கும். :(

சஞ்சயன் பாடு தேவலை.

பாரதப் போர் நடந்த பதினெட்டு நாட்களுக்கு மட்டுமே ரன்னிங் கமெண்டரி செய்தார்.

இதையே extrapolate செய்தால்....

காது கேட்காதவரின் மனைவி
காதை plug செய்து கொள்ள வேண்டும்!

அவர் கத்துவதையும் கேட்க வேண்டாம்.
தான் கத்த வேண்டி இருப்பதையும் தான்!

வீட்டில் உள்ள பிற gadgets அலறுவதையும் கேட்க வேண்டாம். :

மூக்கு, நாக்கு, தொண்டைகளில் அவ்வளவு பிரச்சனைகள் வருவதிலையோ பிழைத்தோமோ!

I bet most of us have read or heard this popular Arabic Quote!

Arabian > Quotes > Quotable Quote

“He who knows not,
and knows not that he knows not,
is a fool; shun him.

He who knows not,
and knows that he knows not,
is a student; Teach him.

He who knows,
and knows not that he knows,
is asleep; Wake him.

He who knows,
and knows that he knows,
is Wise; Follow him.”

― Arabian

The behaviour of the first category “He who knows not,
and knows not that he knows not," gives rise to an interesting pattern of behaviour!

It is named as Dunning Kruger Effect.

In layman's term it talks about a person 'who is too dumb to realize that he is too dumb!'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

In the field of psychology, the DunningKruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their ...

David Dunning · ‎Justin Kruger · ‎Overconfidence effect · ‎Metacognition

Attachments area

Preview YouTube video Why Do Stupid People Think They're Smart? The Dunning Kruger Effect (animated)

Why Do Stupid People Think They're Smart? The Dunning Kruger Effect (animated)

The effect of Dunning Kruger Effect is seen everyday when

130 (a). ஆழம் தெரியாமல் காலை விடாதே!
130 (b). Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Once in a year KArthigai and Sashti fall on the same day.
It happened yesterday.
BAla Murugan in our colony temple looked ravishing in the silver kavacham and many colorful garlands.
When I get to see the real bAla krishnans and bAla murugans I do not get to see the ones in the temple.
So I try to make the most of wherever I am. After all bAla anything / bAla anyone is an amsam of the naughty Krishna and mischievous Murugan right?

The mission of stitching new dresses from Saris ( Sari-churis) has been successfully accomplished! I bet the regular application of the oil boiled with marik kozhunthu has really helped my knees and ankles to meet this challenge!

மிதப்பும் மதிப்பும்

கண்டு கொண்டேன் ஒரு ரகசியத்தை
விண்ட பின் அது ரகசியம் அல்ல!
அனைவரும் அறிந்த கொண்ட பின்
ஆகிவிடும் அதன் பெயர் பரசியம்

கொண்டவன் தான் மணந்து கொண்ட
பெண்டாட்டியைக் கொண்டாடினால்...
கண்டவர் அனைவரும் கொண்டாடுவர்-
பெண் எத்தகையவளாக இருந்தாலும்!

கண்ணனுக்கு கண்ணாக வேண்டியவளை
மண்ணில் போட்டு மண்டு அவன் மிதித்தால்...
கொண்டவனே மிதிக்கின்றான் என்று அவளை
மண்ணில் கண்டவர் எல்லோரும் மிதிப்பர்!

மதியுங்கள் மனைவியை உமது மதிமந்திரியை!
மிதியாதீர் உம்மையே உலகமென நம்பியவளை!
மிதித்தால் உலகம் மிதிக்கும் அவளுடன் கூட
மதிப்பை இழந்து நிற்கும் உங்களையும் சேர்த்து!

Einstein had stated the equation on Ego long ago which agrees perfectly with the rather recent ( 2 decades old) Dunning Kruger Effect!

Dunning Kruger effect states the same fact in a graph . The only difference is that instead of the words Ego and Knowledge used by Einstein Dunning Kruger effect uses the words Confidence and Competence .

Latest ads

Back