• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

விரைவில் வளரும் கவிதை இழையில்! :pray2:
(as posted in GD)
விரைவில் வளரும் இந்த இழையில்!
pray2.gif

(as posted in Literature section)

I will post only once in my poem thread!

No two pronged attacks - I promise you! :)

Last edited:
விரைவில் வளரும் கவிதை இழையில்! :pray2:
(as posted in GD)
விரைவில் வளரும் இந்த இழையில்! :pray2:
(as posted in Literature section) ..........
Oops! I read in haste and they both appeared the same! :confused:

Women and girls in Delhi wish to possess guns for personal safety.

Agreed that it MIGHT help in some cases,

what if more than six men appear in the scene?

Will the women next ask for a AK47

and walk around like bandit queens wearing the

belt of bullets on their shoulder??? :shocked:

What if the men also walk around with real guns??

They may not even need to find strength in greater numbers!!!

Each one may be able to operate individually or with just one helper!

If everyone walks around with guns...

India will become a replica of the Wild West.

Six men had raped an old woman after throwing acid on her husband who

was accompanying her. They used her body, killed her and dumped it in a

ditch, as told by her son to the police a few days ago.

When all men want is a live body of a woman of any age,

who can save the women of all ages from such gangs?

Now they waylay their targets /victims.

With more courage they may break into the house and commit such crimes.

The women will be safe nowhere in the country.

The rich will have their personal bodyguards.

What about the rest .. the Aam Aurath??? :scared:

Now that we are thinking let us think about this.

I had posted in another thread about The Tamil Brahmins almost totally keeping out the Non-Brahmins from the Carnatic Music field.

Immediately there was a cry that non-Brahmins discriminate more against Tamil Brahmins than Tamil Brahmins discriminating against Non-Brahmins.

Yes . It is true.

But is it a justification of our discrimination? Is it a justification for our being unfair?

Discrimination in any form done by any group is wrong. We should fight against discrimination of all kinds. Even when it is done by your own community or even your own family. Let us not justify discrimination because it is done by our own community.

I believe this forum is also for introspection by the community members.

A Brahmin is one who is fair and just. Or at least tries to be fair and just.

But is it a justification of our discrimination? Is it a justification for our being unfair?

Discrimination in any form done by any group is wrong. We should fight against discrimination of all kinds. Even when it is done by your own community or even your own family. Let us not justify discrimination because it is done by our own community.

As far as I am aware, no one justified discrimination of any sort by brahmins. No one has asked brahmins to wilfully discriminate. The only discrimination that have been justified in this forum is the discrimination against brahmins by the government in the name of social justice aka reservations. One sided commentaries against brahmins is unfair in a forum open to all communites.

Members have this habit of using words such as "crying", "whining", "raging with anger" etc etc when they do not want to see certain arguments. According to them, they write with best intentions. What others write is crying and whining. Convenient!

Even shut your eyes to discrimination by Brahmins? That makes one an accessory to the crime of discrimination.

........ I had posted in another thread about The Tamil Brahmins almost totally keeping out the Non-Brahmins from the Carnatic Music field. ....
Dear Sir,

I missed that post. Now that you have mentioned it here......... There were many leading artists in Carnatic music

who were not brahmins. Many Nadhaswara vidhwAns were / are from one particular caste from N Bs and muslims.

Many piLLais also shined as Carnatic vocalists and instrumentalists. The percentage of brahmins was more.

That is all. I don't think Tambrahms ever kept out others from Carnaic music field.

விரைவில் வளரும் கவிதை இழையில்!
(as posted in GD)
விரைவில் வளரும் இந்த இழையில்!
(as posted in Literature section) .........
I missed to spot the main difference! :ranger:
Anyway, it is a good technique to :welcome: members to the literature forum! :cool:

Dear Sir,

I missed that post. Now that you have mentioned it here......... There were many leading artists in Carnatic music

who were not brahmins. Many Nadhaswara vidhwAns were / are from one particular caste from N Bs and muslims.

Many piLLais also shined as Carnatic vocalists and instrumentalists. The percentage of brahmins was more.

That is all. I don't think Tambrahms ever kept out others from Carnaic music field.

Maa Raji,

Please go through my posts #4 and subsequent posts.

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/10768-arts-exit-tamil-brahmins.html

Some members of my extended family were in the thick of things. I know some of the people mentioned in my post.

[h=3]Ramanujan's Mock Modular Forms: Indian Mathematician's Dream Conjecture Finally Proven[/h]
Source

USA, December 27, 2012 (Live Science): While on his death bed, the brilliant Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan cryptically wrote down functions he said came to him in dreams, with a hunch about how they behaved. Now 100 years later, researchers say they've proved he was right.

"We've solved the problems from his last mysterious letters. For people who work in this area of math, the problem has been open for 90 years," Emory University mathematician Ken Ono said.

Ramanujan, a self-taught mathematician born in a rural village in South India, spent so much time thinking about math that he flunked out of college in India twice, Ono said. But he sent mathematicians letters describing his work, and one of the most preeminent ones, English mathematician G. H. Hardy, recognized the Indian boy's genius and invited him to Cambridge University in England to study. While there, Ramanujan published more than 30 papers and was inducted into the Royal Society.

It was on his deathbed in 1920 that he described mysterious functions that mimicked theta functions, or modular forms, in a letter to Hardy. Ramanujan believed that 17 new functions he discovered were "mock modular forms" that looked like theta functions when written out as an infinite sum, but weren't super-symmetric. Ramanujan, a devout Hindu, thought these patterns were revealed to him by the Goddess Namagiri. [HPI: Ramanujan attributed all his discoveries to the Goddess--see Hinduism Today's article on him at http://www.hinduismtoday.com/modules/ ... tion/item.php?itemid=3159.] Ramanujan died before he could prove his hunch.

The expansion of mock modular forms helps physicists compute the entropy, or level of disorder, of black holes. In developing mock modular forms, Ramanujan was decades ahead of his time, Ono said; mathematicians only figured out which branch of math these equations belonged to in 2002.

"Ramanujan's legacy, it turns out, is much more important than anything anyone would have guessed when Ramanujan died," Ono said. The findings were presented last month at the Ramanujan 125 conference at the University of Florida, ahead of the 125th anniversary of the mathematician's birth on Dec. 22.

Vairaagyam leads straight to Vaikuntam.(87 to 115)
Yaagam leads to Swarga lokam (41 to 61)
I will read the others later.
Too much rolling is involved and I have very little time now! :)

Vairaagyam leads straight to Vaikuntam.(87 to 115)
Yaagam leads to Swarga lokam (41 to 61)
I will read the others later.
Too much rolling is involved and I have very little time now! :)

Dear VR ji,

I hope you could write more when you get the time or any other member who can read Telegu??(I assume it is Telegu).

Cos a religious minded friend of mine sent me this asking if I could read this game and translate cos he does not read telegu.

It seems like a nice game to play too.

It is Telugu.
I know to read it.
I only need the whole thing in a frame
without having to roll in all the four directions.
The snakes show the downfall of the popular raakshasaas
like Ravan, Hiranyakshan and Narakasuran.
The ladders are good qualities like bhakti,
sagunamu, vairgyamu helping us to reach higher. :)

That is the famous Parama Padam which we have all played in childhood. It was in Tamil with different Gods. I got one for my children when they were young.

Years ago during vaikunta ekadasi festival in srirangam temple 'paramapada sopanam' in A2 size was sold for less than 2 annas (12 paise). Wanted to visit this year, but the crowd and security put me off. Not sure whether it is still on sale. Even the top row had snake heads, so fall from near vaikuntam is possible.

Check this out..I guess the idea of Snakes and Ladders game must have come from here:

vaikuntapali.jpg

Higher we climb, 'thud'der we fall!!! :tsk:

[h=1]சாதனையின் வகைகள்![/h]
உலகில் உள்ள பொருட்கள் எல்லாம்,
பலவகை பட்டு இருப்பது போலவே;
சாதனை முயற்சிகளும் மனிதரிடம்,
பேதங்களுடனே தான் காணப்படும்.

முதலில் நிற்பவன் வெறும் தரைமீதும்,
அடுத்து வருபவன் அவன் தோள் மீதும்,
நிற்பது போன்றே சாதனை சிறப்புறும்,
அடுத்து அடுத்து வரும் பிறவிகளில்!

தம் தம் குணங்களுக்கு ஏற்பவே,
புரிவார் சாதனைகளை, மனிதர்கள்.
தம் தம் முயற்சிகளுக்கு ஏற்பவே,
பெறுவார் வெற்றியும், தோல்வியும்.

பறவை ஒன்று தன் கூரிய அலகில்,
பழத்தைப் பற்றிப் பறக்கையிலே;
பழம் நழுவி விழுவது போலே சிலர்
நழுவுவார் தங்கள் முயற்சிகளில்.

மரத்துக்கு மரம் தாவி குதிக்கையில்,
கிடைத்த பழத்தை தவற விட்டு விட்ட,
குரங்கைப் போலே சில மனிதர்கள்,
படைத்த சாதனையைப் பறி கொடுப்பர்.

சிறந்த சாதனை எது என்று தெரியுமா?
சிறிய எறும்பு போல், களைப்படையாமல்,
சீரான வேகத்துடன், மாறாத நோக்குடன்,
சிந்தாமல், சிதறாமல் செய்யும் சாதனையே .

“சாதனை சித்தர்கள்” அநேகர் அடைவர்;
சித்தியைப் பல வேறு சிரமங்கள் பட்டு.
“கிருபா சித்தர்கள்” அடைவர் சித்தியை;
சிரமம் இன்றி , முற்றும் இறை அருளாலே!

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

slide18.jpg

TYPES OF SAADANA.
“Variety is the spice of life”. Variety is the rule of nature. Variety is the rule in God’s creation. Everything exists in three different modes…the good, better and best or the bad, worse and worst.
The first man has to stand on the ground. The second man can stand on his shoulders and reach higher. The third man can climb onto the shoulder of the second man and reach a greater height. The same is true of human spiritual evolution in successive births of a person.
Each person has a method best suited for him. His efforts will be successful or a failure depending on the method employed by him. A bird can pluck a fruit from a tree very easily. It may also drop it very easily while trying to fly with the fruit in its beak. The speed of the venture may make it a failure.
The monkey can get the fruit even more easily than a bird. It has two palms. But while excited and jumping from one tree to another, it may drop the fruit. Similarly human beings may fail in their saadana while they get distracted and become careless.
The best and the most infallible saadana is that of an ant! It never sits idle. It never gets distracted. It never becomes careless. It never loses sight of it goal. It keeps moving towards ts goal – without any delay or distractions.
Normal men have to strive in many generations to achieve siddhi. They gain siddhi through sadana. But a few lucky persons gain siddhi through the grace / touch / initiation of a sat guru. They attain ‘Kripa Siddhi’. Many of the great poets and bhaktaas fall in this category.
But we must remember one universal truth. There is no gain without pain. Those who obtain kripa siddhi must have worked for it in their previous births relentlessly.
Remember, “Nothing comes for free!”

I can understand people spending time to BUILD their career. :clock:

But spending time to BUILD their body to look all gnarled and out of proportion!!!

Does the career depend ONLY on the six (or 5 and 1/2) abs??? :shocked:

If being a hulk/hunk is the basic necessity of an actor,

how are we going to distinguish the villain from the hero? :confused:

Hero has brain power and the villain has brawn power.

If both have only brawn power and no brain...:confused:

Aachaarya guides us toward God or The Truth.

Achaarya is NOT the God!

Why do people confuse a Guru with God???

The mad rush to visit Guru baffles me!

I always thought Guru comes to us in a suitable form

when we are qualified and ready to receive him/her.

The pomp/ show/ procedures/ discrimination etc

are not justified in my thinking process!

Once a popular AacharyA asked the photographer,

"நான் நல்லா விழுந்திருக்கேனா?"

அவர் அன்றைக்கு என் அபிப்ராயத்தில் விழுந்தவர் தான்

இன்னும் எழவே இல்லை! :faint:

A similar question is our president's popular "teekh hai?"

Kids are very intelligent! They know how to answer tough Qs easily!

Enjoy their wit!

Q 1. In which battle did Napoleon die?

A: his last battle

Q 2. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?

A: at the bottom of the page

Q 3. River Ravi flows in which state?

A: liquid

Q 4. What is the main reason for divorce?

A: marriage

Q 5. What is the main reason for failure?

A: exams

Q 6. What can you never eat for breakfast?

A: Lunch & dinner

Q 7. What looks like half an apple?

A: The other half

Q 8. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become?

A: It will simply become wet

Q 9. How can a man go eight days without sleeping ?

A: No problem, he sleeps at night.

Q 10. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?

A: You will never find an elephant that has only one hand..

Q 11. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four
apples and three oranges in other hand, what would you have?

A: Very large hands

Q 12. If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it
take four men to build it?

A: No time at all, the wall is already built.

Q 13. How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?

A: Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

:thumb: . . . :peace:

Latest ads

Back