• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think it over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever can AFFORD to maintain two or more families

and keep under control two or more women at the same time :whip:

go for the extra women (wives or lovers) in their lives.

Now only the Political leaders and the actors can afford to do this.

Sure enough they are doing it too.

Think it over

An Astrologer's sketch on the present status, based on the horoscope presented,
though he assesses the movements of planets, stars and other celestial
entities, predictions always may not be cent percent accurate, as one expects. Now-a-days
people have unquenchable thirst to run behind the astrologers particularly to
know about the future only. Every astrologer, these days, has a back up facility
in the Temple towns, viz. Tiruchendur, Rameswaram, Varanasi, Gaya, etc to do Pariharams
as suggested by the astrologer, and the astrologer will suggest a particular Purohit
to approach (Commission based !!!)

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear Raghy ji,

Nice to read that there is someone else like me in this world.
For me my reflexes are getting faster with age and thinking is getting faster too.
Memory also is better now than when I was younger but I would not want to call all that wisdom for me cos I have a different sort of thinking.

I will give you an example..sometime back a close relative brought her 19 year old daughter to me saying that the 19 year old likes one boy in her college and the boy is phoning her up often.
So the girl's handphone was taken away by her mother.

I was asked to advise the girl about life cos the girl was close to me and would easily empty her heart to me.
So I asked that girl whether she was serious about that guy and she replied that they are just friends but have some fondness with each other.
I asked her again whether she likes the attention she gets from him and she said yes.

Then I asked her mother to leave the room for a while and asked the girl if she had any physical relationship with that guy and she said No.
She said they have only held hands.

Then I advised her to be very sure till what extent she wants to take the relationship to cos these days there are handphones with cameras so be very careful of what you do cos you might land up in Youtube.

I told her if possible do not have pre marital sex but the hugging and kissing is up to her to decide cos that's the trust each couple has with each other.

I told the girl that do not get committed to anyone at a young age and this is only the 1st guy who is showing some interest so keep options open and wait and see if it's really love or just attraction or may be in the future someone better might show interest.

So I called back the mother to my room and told her there is nothing to worry cos let them be friends and if love develops we can wait and see where it leads to.

The mother was asking me "aren't you going to tell her not to talk to guys?"

I said "Why can't she talk to guys?"

The mother said "I expected you to tell her not to talk to guys and you give this advice instead!"

I told her mother " the more you suppress feelings the more the temptation and that's where the problems starts..so let her learn how to adjust to the world and falling in love is no crime"

I felt my advise was fair enough but my relative didn't think so.
Anyway the girl took my advise and she told me later that she felt it wasn't love and broke off with the guy and decided to wait till she was much older for a serious relationship.

dear renuka ji!
all your explanation given to the girl who is listening to you are nice.but hughing and kissing aspect is unacceptable.
her friends can be allowed to visit the house and they should not allowed ina separate room .they can have discussion
in the reception room so that it will eliminate the consequence of mobile camera menance.hand shaking is nowadays common.hughing and kissing is only for celebrities.

cheers,
guruvayurappan

Good and Evil.

It is not every bad man that will ever be good,:angel:
but there will be no good man who was not at some time bad. :evil:
ST. Augustine.

No man is justified in doing evil :evil:
on the ground of expediency.:nono:
Theodore Roosevelt.

dear VR!
yes.the bad man may do good thing some time .the present good person may not do good things all the time.
cheers,
guruvayurappan

This is an excellent synopsis for what constitutes married life. And represents a point of view to which both partners should subscribe in equal measure.
So, what goes wrong in cases like the constantly fighting mama and mami you reported about elsewhere?

Shri Naina_Marbus,

You are referring to this post, that I posted in the thread "TALE OF TWO SISTERS", citing the real personal observation of a neighbor -

I am quoting now the specific part of the post here, that tells the true happening, to make clear my reply to your question, "What goes wrong in this case?"

In Chennai, I know of an elderly couples for nearly 10 years. When I came to know about them Mama was 63 and Mami was 53. Al most all the days the lady used to abuse him so badly, raising her voice, such that the neighbors can listen. Her tone and her usage of words can well reveal her rudeness, anger and bitterness towards the man.

The whole day she must be abusing him and suddenly we find them dressed up properly and go out together for day to day shopping. Outside the home, for the outsiders, they appear to be a so great couples and both behave very well with outsiders with their sense of discipline, respect and friendliness.

This is their routine where we find them celebrating festivals, nombu etc in all verve and zest, keeping happy environment between them. They attend neighbors functions together, relatives functions together, they go out for some work and dine outside together etc..etc. But the constant bickering and abuses remains as usual. The man just keeps listening to her without fighting back with her.

First let me tell you the story of this couple, that this neighbor mama shared with some of us, believing few of us that, we can understand and still respect him. And what I am explaining below is the answer for your question.

This Mama is a retired Central Government servant and Mami is a home maker right from her marriage. She is from a big family that is not so well to do. She was married off to this Mama when she was 21 years young and Mama was 34.

For couple of years they had happy married life with mutual love and respect towards each other. Everything was fine and both were together enjoying their new found relationship as husband and wife.

After couple of years Mami could find Mama as a irresponsible husband as well as some one who would not speak to his wife, discuss on family matter and ever remained married to his work, like 24/7. And that he never cared how his young wife is managing the domestic affairs, managing herself, rearing up her children and what's her need are.

Mama said, he was in fact not hating his wife and was not deliberately leaving her unattended. And that he was not intentionally ignoring taking care of home and fulfilling his domestic needs. It so happened that his nature of job demanded lots of hard work and attention and as a result he left everything on his wife's shoulder and remained concentrated in his work, that required lots of traveling too.

It also so happened that their was some mistake in his work and that made him to suffer severely in terms of finance. As he had to repay to the department, he had to sell off all most all the jewels of his wife and could never get her jewels back, owing to repeated financial commitments towards educating children and marrying off daughter.

As such, Mami suffered a lot right from her 25th year of age other then irresponsibility of her husband towards the family.

She got too bitter with him and started accusing him of each and every silly mistakes. It became her habit to accuse him and criticize him for each and everything including for the mistakes done by the children. Because she believes that her children were lacking in some or other way only due to negligence of her husband. This is happening for the past 20 years.

So, Mama said, it is now just her habit and she started feeling comfortable with it. It is a sort of venting anger for all her sufferings, lacking and complaints against him.

He added- BUT I married her as a young girl and I was ever loving/liking her in my heart from the beginning. It is just that I lapsed in my domestic affairs and never took initiative to sooth her. She was ever and still now very responsible lady. She never have made me and children suffer hunger, she took care of children well all these years with what ever she can do, she never shamed me by talking ill of me , behind me to the relatives and neighbors. I still have respect for her and I love her. I am sure shes love me still. All I have to do in return to her now is, to just listen to her and never fight back, never abuse her in return, never dominate her and never make her feel upset. As well she still take care of me, makes recipes of my choice when ever I feel like, she is pure in her heart and she have the close sense of bondage towards me. I have high respect and love for her, does not matter she continues to abuse me inside four wall on top of her voice, habitually. I WANT TO BEAR ALL AND NOT TO UPSET HER EVER.

Nowadays receiving my landline phone bills and my mobile phone bills brings joy to me.
My bills are so so less now cos I hardly talk to anyone on phone cos I am seeing patients, reading religious text and typing in TB forum.

Wow TB forum is good..my fingers do all the typing here and talking here and my mouth is silent hence phone bills are less!!

Government.
Ill can he rule that cannot reach the small. :grouphug:
Edmund Spencer.

Bureaucracy is a giant mechanism
operated by pigmies. :ballchain:
Honore De Balzac.

வேலையைச் செய்.

1. நீ ஏழையானாலும்...
வேலையைச் செய்.

2. நீ பணக்காரன் ஆனாலும்.
..வேலையைச் செய்.

3. ஏமாற்றங்கள் ஏற்படும் போதும் ...
வேலையைச் செய்.

4. மகிழ்ச்சியாக இருக்கும் போதும்...
வேலையைச் செய்.

5. கவலைகள் எல்லை மீறும் போதும்
...வேலையைச் செய்.

6. கவலைகளை உண்மையென்று ஏமாறும் போதும்
வேலையைச் செய்

Shri Naina_Marbus,

As such, Mami suffered a lot right from her 25th year of age other then irresponsibility of her husband towards the family.

She got too bitter with him and started accusing him of each and every silly mistakes. It became her habit to accuse him and criticize him for each and everything including for the mistakes done by the children. Because she believes that her children were lacking in some or other way only due to negligence of her husband. This is happening for the past 20 years.

So, Mama said, it is now just her habit and she started feeling comfortable with it. It is a sort of venting anger for all her sufferings, lacking and complaints against him.

Long ago Someone wrote this line:
भर्तुर्विप्रकृतापि रोषणतया मा स्म प्रतीपं गमः
Even when you get angry with your husband keep your cool

Last edited:
Shri Naina_Marbus,

You are referring to this post, that I posted in the thread "TALE OF TWO SISTERS", citing the real personal observation of a neighbor -

I am quoting now the specific part of the post here, that tells the true happening, to make clear my reply to your question, "What goes wrong in this case?"

First let me tell you the story of this couple, that this neighbor mama shared with some of us, believing few of us that, we can understand and still respect him. And what I am explaining below is the answer for your question.

This Mama is a retired Central Government servant and Mami is a home maker right from her marriage. She is from a big family that is not so well to do. She was married off to this Mama when she was 21 years young and Mama was 34.

For couple of years they had happy married life with mutual love and respect towards each other. Everything was fine and both were together enjoying their new found relationship as husband and wife.

After couple of years Mami could find Mama as a irresponsible husband as well as some one who would not speak to his wife, discuss on family matter and ever remained married to his work, like 24/7. And that he never cared how his young wife is managing the domestic affairs, managing herself, rearing up her children and what's her need are.

Mama said, he was in fact not hating his wife and was not deliberately leaving her unattended. And that he was not intentionally ignoring taking care of home and fulfilling his domestic needs. It so happened that his nature of job demanded lots of hard work and attention and as a result he left everything on his wife's shoulder and remained concentrated in his work, that required lots of traveling too.

It also so happened that their was some mistake in his work and that made him to suffer severely in terms of finance. As he had to repay to the department, he had to sell off all most all the jewels of his wife and could never get her jewels back, owing to repeated financial commitments towards educating children and marrying off daughter.

He added- BUT I married her as a young girl and I was ever loving/liking her in my heart from the beginning. It is just that I lapsed in my domestic affairs and never took initiative to sooth her. She was ever and still now very responsible lady. She never have made me and children suffer hunger, she took care of children well all these years with what ever she can do, she never shamed me by talking ill of me , behind me to the relatives and neighbors. I still have respect for her and I love her. I am sure shes love me still. All I have to do in return to her now is, to just listen to her and never fight back, never abuse her in return, never dominate her and never make her feel upset. As well she still take care of me, makes recipes of my choice when ever I feel like, she is pure in her heart and she have the close sense of bondage towards me. I have high respect and love for her, does not matter she continues to abuse me inside four wall on top of her voice, habitually. I WANT TO BEAR ALL AND NOT TO UPSET HER EVER.

dear ravi !
the story is common for many old couples.they realised that be happy with what you have instead of searching another. kalampona kalathil ethukku vambu -policy.muthal konal mutrilum konal. the old man realised the sacrifice made by that lady interm of marrying him with such vast age difference as well as taking care of the entire family burden including facing her mamiyar & mamanar and he can pay back onlyby his silence.
cheers,
guruvayurappan

pachiamman-animals1.jpg

kamadhenu.jpg

Different Vahanas including Hamsa.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Last edited:
Sometimes what seems like bad news finally turns out to be good news.
My mother's previously weak condition of her heart and fluid in the lungs was caused by the long term medication she has been on for her occasional fast heart beat.

All test done by Cardiologist revealed a perfect functioning heart and she has been stopped of all medications.
So now she is symptom free and medication free!!

Greetings.

The gentleman mentioned in Sri. Ravi's post #1183 is living in an abusive relationship. That lady is abusive. It happens in many families. The ladies and the gents once they are married, mostly they take the relationship for granted. Seperation is not usually possible. If seperation is an option, that abuse will stop immediately. If that gentleman suddenly grows back bone and goes away, that lady would be begging for him to come back. She is just nothing but a bully. I know, i sound quite judgemental; but that gentleman is just trying to justify her behaviour to maintain his own sanity. He doesn't seem to be prepared for a show down. Most males are not good in such show downs anyway. Poor guy! I emphathise him. She was the house maker. It was her share to maintain the home and look after the children. He did the earning bit. So what if he did a mistake or two? he didn't abandon her or the children, did he? I sincerely hope I don't have to face that kind of a situation; if that happens, I will be gone beyond the blue!

Cheers!

My mother's previously weak condition of her heart and fluid in the lungs was caused by the long term medication she has been on for her occasional fast heart beat.

All test done by Cardiologist revealed a perfect functioning heart and she has been stopped of all medications.
dear madam !
nice to hear the good news about your mother and we can get more light hearted post from you. guru peyarchi
is showing the results(she may be makara rasi,kataka or kanni rasi).if milk is boiled well we get kova
all the best ,
guruvayurappan

Medicines seem to help us less and harm us more!!!

Help??? :decision: Harm???

My father was extremely conservative in prescribing medicines.

He said that our body can take care of itself in most of the common

diseases.

I too developed several additional health problems after taking

medicines for the early morning heel pain and Monday migraines!

I became full-moon-faced and the edema made things worse

especially the early morning heel pain it was supposed to cure!
:whoo:

diseases.

We can follow the uncared-for animals. They must be getting sick but keep quiet undergoing the suffering at the same time allowing the body time to heal. But we are intelligent beings!

diseases.

VR ji !
you are correct. that is why here in UK they are not giving medicine immediatly for common fever and cold so that the medicine is not affecting the our body immune system . for prolonged illness only they prescribe medicine after long questioning.cold will disappear in 3 days without medicine and slowly reduce in a fortnight if you take medicine.it is like taking strong coffee,stronger coffee,strongest coffee and consuming coffee in place of water.a good doctor will not give strong dose in first visit and will prescribe medicine of higher dose only on certain condition.the medicine given for cold is the cause for urinary track infection
guruvayurappan

diseases.

Dear VRJi,

In her case it was becos she has been on that medication started by the hospital for 14 years so it finally gave side effects only in the 14th year.
She needed that medication all these years cos she was not keen for ablation procedure of the heart.(its done for those with Supra Ventricular Tachycardia)

So now after 14 years she is medication free.

I told her that 14 years exile is over so now she can rule again without medication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back