• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think it over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really surprised at some patients who still wear contact lenses while having severe conjunctivitis(red eye) despite telling them to wear their spectacles till they recover.

All risk of wearing contact lenses while having conjunctivitis are explained and yet they do not listen.
One can develop a Corneal Ulcer which can even cause opacity of cornea which can even cause blindness if contact lenses are worn during acute severe conjunctivitis.

I do not know whether it's vanity of the patients cos they want to still look good but its always the plain looking,fat,aged woman who still take the risk of wearing contact lenses while having conjunctivitis.

The pretty young ones will listen to the doctor and just wear their glasses.

God put some sense into these old ladies..why risk losing eye sight?

A drowning man will catch hold of anything to save himself.

The plain looking, fat, aged woman who still take the risk of wearing contact lenses
think that their non-existing beauty will be marred by the regular spectacles.

They will rather risk the opacity of the cornea than look their age!

The pretty girls know that they look good with or without the spectacles.

They value their eye sight more than their appearance. :nerd:

I am really surprised at some patients who still wear contact lenses while having severe conjunctivitis(red eye) despite telling them to wear their spectacles till they recover.

All risk of wearing contact lenses while having conjunctivitis are explained and yet they do not listen.
One can develop a Corneal Ulcer which can even cause opacity of cornea which can even cause blindness if contact lenses are worn during acute severe conjunctivitis.

I do not know whether it's vanity of the patients cos they want to still look good but its always the plain looking,fat,aged woman who still take the risk of wearing contact lenses while having conjunctivitis.

The pretty young ones will listen to the doctor and just wear their glasses.

God put some sense into these old ladies..why risk losing eye sight?

Every country has the government it deserves.
Joseph de Maistre.

(We should NOT blame X or Y or Z for the plight our Nations is now. We all are equally responsible)

He that would govern others, first should be
The master of himself.
Philips Massinger.

(WE know the invisible hand of the ruler that governs the others)

வேலையைச் செய்.

7. ஆரோக்கியம் வேண்டும் என்றால் ... வேலையைச் செய்.

8. பொறுப்புக்கள் திணிக்கப்பட்டாலும்... .வேலையைச் செய்.

9. கனவுகள் தகர்ந்த போதிலும்...வேலையைச் செய்.

10. நம்பிக்கை ஆட்டம் கண்டாலும்...வேலையைச் செய்.

11. முயற்சியைக் கைவிடாமல்...வேலையைச் செய்.

12. லட்சியங்களைக் கை விடாமல் ...வேலையைச் செய்.

உடல் மன நோய்களின் முதல் காரணம்

போதிய வேலை இல்லாமல் இருப்பது!

An idle mind is devil's workshop.

Work, work, work since man is born to work!

Ha Ha Ha...I never take medication unless really really needed.
Even for fever I don't take medication.
Most doctors do not take medication and try to wait and take the chance.
doctors are not taking medicine cos they know the consequences as well as its effectiveness &side effects
guruvayurappan

A drowning man will catch hold of anything to save himself.

The plain looking, fat, aged woman who still take the risk of wearing contact lenses
think that their non-existing beauty will be marred by the regular spectacles.

They will rather risk the opacity of the cornea than look their age!

The pretty girls know that they look good with or without the spectacles.

They value their eye sight more than their appearance. :nerd:
thanks for the timely advice to all our friends. the constant use of contact lens leads to cotract also. my daughter uses disposable contact lens for max of 10 hrs and remaining time switchover to our conventional specs.spectacles comport can not be given any other vision aid . my spectacle shop man used to say if we can rectify any thing with ultra modern tech,,
why Mr.Manmogan sigh like top level person wear such a thick glass ?
cheers,
guruvayurappan

Every country has the government it deserves.
Joseph de Maistre.

(We should NOT blame X or Y or Z for the plight our Nations is now. We all are equally responsible)

He that would govern others, first should be
The master of himself.
Philips Massinger.

(WE know the invisible hand of the ruler that governs the others)
daer madam !
i could infer the saramasam of the sentences given after the saying ha! ha!1
guruvayurappan

A Million dollar question worth pondering about!!! :nerd:

thanks for the timely advice to all our friends. the constant use of contact lens leads to cotract also. my daughter uses disposable contact lens for max of 10 hrs and remaining time switchover to our conventional specs.spectacles comport can not be given any other vision aid . my spectacle shop man used to say if we can rectify any thing with ultra modern tech,,
why Mr.Manmogan sigh like top level person wear such a thick glass ?
cheers,
guruvayurappan

An Astrologer's sketch on the present status, based on the horoscope presented,
though he assesses the movements of planets, stars and other celestial
entities, predictions always may not be cent percent accurate, as one expects. Now-a-days
people have unquenchable thirst to run behind the astrologers particularly to
know about the future only. Every astrologer, these days, has a back up facility
in the Temple towns, viz. Tiruchendur, Rameswaram, Varanasi, Gaya, etc to do Pariharams
as suggested by the astrologer, and the astrologer will suggest a particular Purohit
to approach (Commission based !!!)

Balasubramanian
Ambattur
dear balu sir !
it is true . when you approach a astrologer or nadi jyothidam they will tell pariharam.place as well as persons to be approached.
in todays marriage settlement issues,suriyanar koil,thirunageswaram.thirumanamcheri.kalahasthi .kodumudi,kanchanoor etc will be invariably found.people in a state of "ethai thinal pittham tellium " mood
some people conduct radha kalyanam,seetha kalyanam etc,
guruvayurappan

அங்கே போய் விளக்கை ஏற்றி வைத்துவிட்டு பிறகு வழிபடலாமா ?
very positive thinking .for you first it is a dark place ,for your followers (or those coming after you ) it is a place to worship.
i used to see a young boy decorate the Akilandeswari & jambukeswara sannithi as well as meenakshi sundareswar sannidhi in outer prakaram of main deity.when we are driven away from arulmiku akilandeswari sannithi(tiruchirappalli) during rush hour ,we will have a pleasant darshan here.
cheers,
guruvayurappan

I want to go one step further and suggest that may be we could have Madam to start a new thread for conflict resolutions. Call that thread "Ask Auntie Visali" and that would be the only thread she could be busy with?
why not the title "ask amma visalakshi ? ":pray2:when there are many ammas , nothing wrong in calling akka visalakshi as mother.
regards,
guruvayurappan

Heard from my friend who works in bank!

Even when she offers a grand or rupees ONE K

she is unable to find a domestic helper

to clean a flat < 750 sq ft and the

vessels used for cooking for 2 people.

India will soon become like USA where

most people will be forced to do their chores

since they won't be able to afford a paid helper.
dear VR !
people become very intelligent and well informed . contract culture entered every where.previously only an expert in a field will start a venture. but nowadays who dare to do things are making the business.you can get a mami for cooking and looking after your family chorus (they will stay in your house )with mere Rs.800-1000 .but you can not find such people since they get Rs400-500 on single occasion with 8-10 hr work .the same apply for house cleaning since the lady get free food,sari and Rs100-150 during political party processions and they are not interested in petty house hold jobs as helper.
many hotel and petrol bunks also take away many of our house helper job. we can not no longer cheat them with sweet words and less renumeration.time has changed
guruvayurappan

post 1058 .
when the bank employed get Rs.20000/ ,she is not ready part with a reasonal amount of Rs.2000-2500 / for her servant
who has to perform a split duty (travel two /three time bet her &master house ).the helper boldly ask,when amma is earning 20k why not give 2k to me ? they want to utilize the neccessity to their best advantage
guruvayurappan

When a servant who works for less than an hour demands !000+
the cook mami will demand nothing less than 6000+
I have got used to being alone and working in peace and quiet.
With a curious woman havering round the house all the time,
how can I concentrate on what I am doing??? :nono:

dear VR !
people become very intelligent and well informed . contract culture entered every where.previously only an expert in a field will start a venture. but nowadays who dare to do things are making the business.you can get a mami for cooking and looking after your family chorus (they will stay in your house )with mere Rs.800-1000 .but you can not find such people since they get Rs400-500 on single occasion with 8-10 hr work .the same apply for house cleaning since the lady get free food,sari and Rs100-150 during political party processions and they are not interested in petty house hold jobs as helper.
many hotel and petrol bunks also take away many of our house helper job. we can not no longer cheat them with sweet words and less renumeration.time has changed
guruvayurappan

Last edited:
p.ost 1032
really stunted to know about that type of mothers.many people hide the news of age attaining (it happens now from 11 yrs onwards) for avoiding many embracing situation .some parents celebrate it as if it is a political party meeting instead of a family fuction.
guruvayurappan

Giving:
It is more blessed to give than to receive. :angel:
Acts 20:35

Rich gifts wax poor when the giver proves unkind.:heh:
William Shakespeare.

Freely ye have received, freely give. :bump2:
Matthew 10:8

To give??? :decision: Not to give!!!
dear VR!
as long as disparity exists it will continue.we should not receive anything which is offered with a return (favour )
do not get yourself degraded by accepting anything from others. let move towards vanka all ellai kodukkavum all ellai
guruvayurappan

When he was in kindergarten his teacher used to say that whenever he was naughty and she asked him to stand at a corner of the class..he would just look at her and give her the sweetest smiles and look at her lovingly and finally she will give in and let him sit down.

She told me that when other kids get reprimanded and made to stand in class they would either cry,sulk or throw tantrum.

So one day I asked him..."dont you feel shy that you were made to stand in class becos you can still smile at a teacher non stop...if I were in your place I would feel ashamed and look down at the floor"

That time he was aged 6(here we start 1st standard at age 7)..
he told me "amma I am smiling at her cos I want to sit down...if I feel shy and look down I will have to stand longer and teacher always lets me sit down when I smile"
dear renuka !
it reminds me the words said by grand daughter
she will tell her mother that she found a magic word and it works too . when her mother deny something to her ,the kid will say please and mother will smile and give what she wanted . you got it ? the magic word is please !!
guruvayurappan

When we went to USA for the first time in 1998, both my sons used to store Coco-cola in their fridge. The cool, effervescent, sour drink was a welcome change from the tasteless, colorless, odorless plain water. Very soon both I and my husband had got hooked to it-even without realizing it.

The thought of coming back to India, leaving two sons there itself was bad enough. Craving for coco-cola would only make things worse when we had to come back. We urged them to stop buying coco-cola till we left USA.

Moral:
Anything we like or enjoy can become addictive!
dear VR !
so we can say whatever we do which is not really needed may be termed as addiction .am i correct ?many of our elders were addict to filter coffee and they need meals
guruvayurappan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back