• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think it over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
இருவகைத் துயில்கள்!

உறங்குவதில் உண்டு இரு வகைகள்;
அறி துயில், அசல் துயில் என்ற இரண்டு.
பார்ப்பதற்கு ஒருபோலத் தோன்றினாலும்,
பலப்பல வேறுபாடுகள் உண்டு இவற்றில்!

திருமாலின் அறி துயில், உலகளாவிய
பெருமை பெற்றது என்பதை அறிவோம்;
திருமாலுக்குச் சற்றும் சளைக்காமல்,
பெறுவார் அறி துயில் மனிதருள் பலர்!

விழித்த கண்களோடு சிலர் உறங்குவர்;
வாயை மூடாமலேயே சிலர் உறங்குவர்;
சிம்ம கர்ச்சனையோடு சிலர் உறங்குவர்;
சிந்தித்தால் இவைகள் அறிதுயில் அல்ல!

வெளியே நடப்பவைகளை நன்கு அறிந்தும்,
வெளிப் பார்வைக்கு நன்கு உறங்குவதுபோல்,
பாசாங்கு செய்வதே அறிதுயில் ஆகும்;
பாடு படுத்தினாலும் அவர் கண் திறவார்!

தூங்குபவரை எழுப்பிவிடலாம்; ஆனால்
தூங்குவது போல் நடிப்பவரை அல்லவே!
பாசாங்கும் நல்ல பயன் அளித்திடும்,
பேசாமலே நாம் இருக்க விரும்பினால்!

தூங்கும் ஒரு சிங்கத்தை இடருவதும்,
தொங்கும் ஒரு புலி வாலை இழுப்பதும்,
அறி துயில் கொண்ட ஒருவரைச் சென்று
அறியாமல் நாம் எழுப்புவதும் சரி சமமே!

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி

இருவகைத் துயில்கள்!

உறங்குவதில் உண்டு இரு வகைகள்;
அறி துயில், அசல் துயில் என்ற இரண்டு.
பார்ப்பதற்கு ஒருபோலத் தோன்றினாலும்,
பலப்பல வேறுபாடுகள் உண்டு இவற்றில்!

திருமாலின் அறி துயில், உலகளாவிய
பெருமை பெற்றது என்பதை அறிவோம்;
திருமாலுக்குச் சற்றும் சளைக்காமல்,
பெறுவார் அறி துயில் மனிதருள் பலர்!

விழித்த கண்களோடு சிலர் உறங்குவர்;
வாயை மூடாமலேயே சிலர் உறங்குவர்;
சிம்ம கர்ச்சனையோடு சிலர் உறங்குவர்;
சிந்தித்தால் இவைகள் அறிதுயில் அல்ல!

வெளியே நடப்பவைகளை நன்கு அறிந்தும்,
வெளிப் பார்வைக்கு நன்கு உறங்குவதுபோல்,
பாசாங்கு செய்வதே அறிதுயில் ஆகும்;
பாடு படுத்தினாலும் அவர் கண் திறவார்!

தூங்குபவரை எழுப்பிவிடலாம்; ஆனால்
தூங்குவது போல் நடிப்பவரை அல்லவே!
பாசாங்கும் நல்ல பயன் அளித்திடும்,
பேசாமலே நாம் இருக்க விரும்பினால்!

தூங்கும் ஒரு சிங்கத்தை இடருவதும்,
தொங்கும் ஒரு புலி வாலை இழுப்பதும்,
அறி துயில் கொண்ட ஒருவரைச் சென்று
அறியாமல் நாம் எழுப்புவதும் சரி சமமே!

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி

Excellent version.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Shri Guruvayurappan,

YES!!!! I know this very well. In fact, in marriage LOVE is not just the pulsating hormonal influences. Its a mixture of Responsibility, Commitments and Obligations, the foundation of which is liking, love, respect, trust, confidence, better understandings between the couples and the sense of "mine/ours", Without which a married life can not be in harmony.

Just that the hormonal feelings of LOVE goes background while fulfilling duties and responsibilities of the family. Many tend to believe that LOVE is lost, just because couples have became more focused on day to day challenges and are always looking for accomplishments and perfections to the best possible level, for the whole family to prosper.

Despite the absence of SEX and LUST, couples keep going fulfilling their duties with sense of valuing the relationship, unmindful of differences that may crop from time to time. The foundation of all these is nothing but at least a bit of LOVE towards each other that could help them sustain their marriage, making compromises and adjustments, understanding and accepting each others human flaws.

This is an excellent synopsis for what constitutes married life. And represents a point of view to which both partners should subscribe in equal measure.
So, what goes wrong in cases like the constantly fighting mama and mami you reported about elsewhere?

Think it over

The most wonderful and an astonishing thing in life is choosing an another human being
i.e. Life Partner, with whom one's relationship (wedlock) has a glowing depth, smile and anger,
happiness and bitterness as the years roll.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

To be good only to yourself :angel:
is to be good for nothing. :rolleyes:
Voltaire.

There is some soul of goodness in things evil,:evil:
Would men observingly distil it out.
icon5.png

William Shakespeare.

மாவிலைத் தோரணம் கட்டுவது ஏன்?

மாவிலை ஒரு கிருமி நாசினி.

துர் தேவதைகள் வீட்டில் நுழையாமல் தடுக்கும் சக்தி மாவிலைக்கு உண்டு.

கண்ணுக்கு குளிர்ச்சியாகவும் இருந்து இடத்தையும் தூய்மைப் படுத்தும் மாவிலைகள்.

மேலும் இவை என்றுமே அழுகிவிடா.

அப்படியே காய்ந்து சருகாய் விடும்.

மனித வாழ்வும் இதுபோலக் கெட்டுப் போகாமல் நீண்ட காலம் நடை பெற வேண்டும் என்ற நல்ல எண்ணத்தோடும், நம்பிக்கையோடும், மங்களம் பொங்கும் மாவிலைத் தோரணம் கட்டுகின்றோம்.
ஆனால் இப்போதோ....அதுவும் பிளாஸ்டிக்கில் வந்து விட்டது! :doh:

Do you believe this? Is this actually possible?

A married friend of mine recently consulted an astrologer and just by looking at his horoscope the astrologer asked him point blank on his face if he likes another person besides his wife.

The astrologer told him that his horoscope shows that he will have a wife and also love another woman.
That person was shocked cos he actually likes some else.

So I was thinking if anyone gets caught having an extra marital affair he/she can safely blame the horoscope!!LOL

Last edited:
or hide it conveniently before he gets caught and trapped...

lest some nosy wife or F.I. Law or M.I Law cross check it with a

good josiyar! :rolleyes:

I was told that a good astrologer can even tell us correctly

whether the character under scrutiny is

a non vegetarian, :hungry:

casual/regular drinker :spit:

or even a sthree-lolan!!! :grouphug:

Do you believe this? Is this actually possible?

A married friend of mine recently consulted an astrologer and just by looking at his horoscope the astrologer asked him point blank on his face if he likes another person besides his wife?

The astrologer told him that his horoscope shows that he will have a wife and also love another woman.
That person was shocked cos he actually likes some else.

So I was thinking if anyone gets caught having an extra marital affair he/she can safely blame the horoscope!!LOL

Dear Renuka

If you have not already done so, please read 'Love Thy Neighbor' by Hugh Hefner.

Yes - the same Hugh Hefner, owner of "Playboy" !

Yay Yem

If one can find some one or something to blame and feel relieved, then I guess such people should be allowed to get away anywhere any time. Is there any point in asking them to defend their action?

Dear VR Ji,

You know the astrologer even pointed out to that person that he has an excellent horoscope for success,fame and money(the person is very very rich and successful anyway) and that particular planetary position is only possible for a person who has done multiple grand yagnas in a previous birth.

Hey can astrology reveal so much??

We can find plenty of mango during this season in India. It is infact, though consumed
more in India itself, is imported to a certain extent. China has plenty of Mango trees
next to India. Mango is considered together with Banana and Jackfruit in certain
occasions. Besides Mango is used in different forms by South Indians. In fact, its
leaves are used for decoration in the Houses during Celebrations and festivals.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Last edited:
And I was under the impression that

I used to talk in riddles....!!!*#$@&*&:rolleyes:

I can see that I am just a :baby: compared to you! :yo:

If one can find some one or something to blame and feel relieved, then I guess such people should be allowed to get away anywhere any time. Is there any point in asking them to defend their action?

Dear VR Ji,

You know the astrologer even pointed out to that person that he has an excellent horoscope for success,fame and money(the person is very very rich and successful anyway) and that particular planetary position is only possible for a person who has done multiple grand yagnas in a previous birth.

Hey can astrology reveal so much??

Blue highlighted things were obvious and well known facts.
Purple highlighted thing was for soaping the person
to get a big fat dakhinai.:popcorn:

I won't be surprised even if the astrologer had said 99 Aswameda yagnaas.

Everyone knows that the moment you do the 100th Aswameda yagna, you will be promoted to the post of the newest Indra.

So to project the man as a fallen angel,
which better number than 99???
:rolleyes:

While trying to find a suitable girl for my younger son I was surprised to find that all the very pretty girls had horrorscopes in place of horoscopes. :scared:

The not so pretty ordinary girls had good horoscopes. :thumb:

Is it God's way of balancing things and equalizing their opportunities??? :confused:

If the girl was both beautiful and had a beautiful horoscope
no one will refuse to marry her.

But what about the girls who were neither very pretty nor had decent horoscopes!

Who will ever marry them???
:pout:

Astrology, only of late, may be middle of 20th Century, it is having more
publicity because of media. Earlier, in those days, only during marriage occasion,
some celebration or some body is sick in the house, horoscope is referred. But, now
because of online daily predictions, people are after it to know their day to day prospects,
just like share market results.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Blue highlighted things were obvious and well known facts.
Purple highlighted thing was for soaping the person
to get a big fat dakhinai.:popcorn:

I won't be surprised even if the astrologer had said 99 Aswameda yagnaas.

Everyone knows that the moment you do the 100th Aswameda yagna, you will be promoted to the post of the newest Indra.

So to project the man as a fallen angel,
which better number than 99???
:rolleyes:

Dear VR Ji,

He was saying about Yagnas where land,cows and gold were given.
Initially I also thought the astrologer was also looking for a big dakshina but my friend told me that the astrologer has a fixed rate and does not take more than that.

I was thinking may be my friend was some King in his previous birth and no wonder he has an extra marital side kick..must have been his previous birth love interest!!

Last edited:
Now I know five H.H.

1. His highness.:hail:

2. Her Highness.:drama:

3. Her Haughtiness.:mmph:

4. Hail Hitler!

5. Hugh Hefner :whistle:

(the newest addition)

One more... Hari Hara!!

Actually there is one more..but I am not going to type it here.I think you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back