• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All

I bounced back only, and ONLY because of Tmt VR's goading / encouragement.

I think it is the right forum to discuss "The Secret". For those who haven't read Rhonda Byrne
and to quote her, " Everything is Possible, Nothing is impossible".

" The Secret has passed down the ages coveted, hidden, lost, stolen, bought for vast sums
of money and known to some of the most exceptional people who ever lived - Pluto, Galileo,
Da Vinci, Beethoven, Edison and Einstein to name a few ".

The Secret has supposedly been researched into elaborately by psychologists, para-psychologists
and even experts in quantum physics.

I really am apprehensive to start this topic as a thread and proceed any further for fear of being
dismissed as a "Dubakoor" or ostracized / quarantined !

So, depending upon the degree of acceptance / rejection, we'll delve deeper into The Secret.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear All

I bounced back only, and ONLY because of Tmt VR's goading / encouragement.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Hey what about me??? LOL!!

Didn't I also literally force you to come back?
BTW I still do not feel you are back to full form.

You do not sound like your true self yet..I don't see the same sense of humor you used to have.

BTW I was just reading from Wikipedia about the Secret.
So technically it's about thought waves influencing others and ourselves.

Good topic but nothing really new to the Vedic cos all our mantras are invariably for the benefit of the universe.

I do believe to a certain extent the power of suggestion cos that is basically motivating ourselves by setting our goals higher.

You see its like this..in life after a while everything hits plateau and we need a spike to get things going again.

You know I will give a simple example..I am quite a fitness freak.
I do not like to miss my exercise..I try to work out at least 4x a week.

Sometimes when I am too tired or feeling lazy to get up and work out you know how I motivate myself?
You see I have a patient who is very obese and downright lazy to even go for a walk.
Let's call her Mrs X.
So on days when I feel lazy to get up and exercise I ask myself this question
"Do you want to look like Mrs X?"

Next moment I will be out of my bed and hit the thread mill.

So we can motivate ourselves by power of suggestion.

I have also noted sometimes suddenly the thought of some patient comes to my mind while I am driving and when I reach work it will be the same patient who was in my mind.

So I guess the patient must have been thinking of me and I picked up his/her thoughts.
This is occurs very often for me..so that only goes to show that we do pick up people's thought waves.

So it's always better for each person to have good thoughts(Sanmathi) cos we surely do not want to be picking up some evil thoughts of anyone.

I remember once when I had just resigned from the governments service my father told me he would find me a job in a medical centre which was quite famous cos one of his old doctor friend had started that medical centre and passed it over to a new owner.

When I went in for the interview I saw that the doctor's main administrative officer in charge.
She was in charge of everything there.
I somehow felt as if there was a black cloud over her wherever she went.

I got selected for the job but I told my father that I am rejecting the offer cos I feel the admin officer is a person who will make anyone's life hell.

My dad was angry with me but later on I found out that that woman was pure evil.
She used to mix vaccines and dilute it to half strength with water before they were used by doctors and for new born babies G6PD blood test is mandatory.
She would not send the blood and lie to patients that it was normal.
She also gossiped a lot and always make doctor leave when they are due for a pay rise.
So it was all evil play of her and the owner of the medical centre.

No wonder I saw the black cloud over her!

Last edited:
dear AM !
secret is a secret as long as it is not known to you . what is secret to somebody may not be secret to others. so many thing will be a secret out of our ignorance or due to our inability to observe the happenings. the known thing today will become secret cos of your loss of memory. some sort of secretes are necessary in every body life.
guruvayurappan

Dear Guruvayur Swami

We are not referring to personal secrets / State secrets / Military secrets or matters that need
to be kept confidential, or even the dictionary meaning of the word.

Dr Renu is corrrect. This is all about The Laws of Attraction [ LOA ]. And like most modern day
'discoveries' the roots of LOA too can be traced to India and more specifically the Vedic Scriptures.
Many such valuable and precious things passed through Buddhist travelers to the Far East,
South-East and then on to the world.

We can keep on linking and identifying things and passing them off as " already known stale " stuff and dismissing
them as ' old wine in a new bottle '. Many of the POKKISHAMS have been lost by us - mostly looted by invading
dynasties.

The Secret [ basically TOA ] deals with the equation between an individual and the universe [ Jeevatma
and Paramatma, if jargon is called for ] and deals with the most commonly known [ mostly not understood or
not acknowledged ], simple elementary principles that anyone can put to practice. It is called a secret probably
because everybody has it and everybody in his/her own way is keeping it hidden. So safely hidden and forgotten
that it rots in the 'classified' section of one's mind.

The Universe [read Para Brahamam ] is there to provide and has the infinite resources to do so. It is for the
individual to attract - health / education / money / personal relationships / just about whatever it is that that
individual wants.

I have known people who have tried it out and may not out-of-context here if I mention that a
very respectable member of this very forum said " Sure it works " - and I believe it because of my own
experience.

No jargon, no complicated theories, no compulsions, no restrictions - just innocent, unadulterated and intimate relationship
between an individual and the Universe.

That's what " The Secret " is about

No jargon, no complicated theories, no compulsions, no restrictions - just innocent, unadulterated and intimate relationship
between an individual and the Universe.

That's what " The Secret " is about

Looks and sounds good enough for us.
Let us hear / read The Secrets now!!!

Is that the secret??? :shocked:
I thought is the prelude to The secret!!! :pout:

I really am apprehensive to start this topic as a thread and proceed any further for fear of being
dismissed as a "Dubakoor" or ostracized / quarantined !

So, depending upon the degree of acceptance / rejection, we'll delve deeper into The Secret.

Now you promised something and then

you are trying to go back on your promise! :nono:

Shall I tell you a real secret now??? :ear:
The mind of a woman is a secret even to herself!!! :gossip:

Agreed...but the mind is the greatest secret to humanity itself.
None of us know how fickle the mind can be and also the capability and untapped potential of the human mind.

I always feel that you can trap a person in Alcatraz but you can never restrain his/her mind.

The mind is a zone which is free but at the same time binds us cos even free thoughts create vasanas.

No thought just disappears..each thought creates an imprint in the microcosm and the macrocosm.

We have no idea who we are influencing with our silent thoughts in our mind.

Technically the mind is a store house of secrets which we might never decipher in our life time...that's why religion stresses on getting a hold of the mind and transcend it.

Sometimes I feel that the mind is the instrument of Maya.
So no use trying to find out what is in our mind..just get a control of it and transcend it.

Are you are not forgtting the most important

woman in A.M Ji's life ...M.A.M mam??? :)

LOL!! I forgot!!..
May be I was talking about online women!

So AM Ji would have been enjoying the attention like SRK in this.

[video=youtube_share;TVrwxKao74s]http://youtu.be/TVrwxKao74s[/video]

Mind is the monkey which creates Prakruti( the world) out OF Brahman.
Mind is the ripple that travels in circles ever expanding circles,
to include everything known and seen by us.
When the mind is put out of action (as in deep sleep /samadhi)
nothing but the TRUE SELF exists.

Last edited:
Mind is the monkey which creates Prakruti( the world) out of Brahman.
Mind is the ripple that travels in circles ever expanding circles,
to include everything known and seen by us.
When the mind is put out of action (as in deep sleep /samadhi)
nothing but the TRUE SELF exists.

Well said...this is the Secret to Brahman.

Last edited:
It is a pity that though Brahman and Prakruti coexist
we can see only one of them at ant point of time! :tsk:

As far as we are concerned
Brahman and Maya are MUTUALLY exclusive. :decision:

Dear Tmt VR, Doc Renu

Yes, my ego was sufficiently boosted and I was elated that I got the attention of a 'Traffic Stopper'
and one who could make an Avvaiyar blush ! SRK could've never got such focus - such a wide age
spectrum - 20 (something) to 70 (something) !

Why drag Meera into this? She is in that stage of life when the curtains, bed linen, utensils and recipes are no
longer the un-solvable mysteries of life that they were once. That stage where sartorial mishaps and malapropism don't give her insomnia, yes that same stage when they can nag on "Auto-Pilot" . That stage when they can pay back in the same coin to an In-Law stepping on her toes or speaking out-of-turn. So, me getting 'attention' will be the least of her
worries - whether 20(something) or 70(something) and will dismiss it as a problem that I'd have to address.

Now, coming to Tmt VR - if a woman's mind is a secret to herself, then why is it that " Sollakoodathathu -
Pennidam Ragasiyam ?"

The "zeeee drive" of a woman's mind already saturated with secrets ?

Yay Yem

Dear Tmt VR, Doc Renu

Yes, my ego was sufficiently boosted and I was elated that I got the attention of a 'Traffic Stopper'
and one who could make an Avvaiyar blush ! SRK could've never got such focus - such a wide age
spectrum - 20 (something) to 70 (something) !

Yay Yem

Dear AM JI,

I am 42 years old and VR Ji is just a little more than that..so who is the 20 something year old here?

Is that some 20 something year old who is also instrumental in getting you back?

Ok

Now on a slightly sober note, I am sure everyone at some stage has had some kind of experience whereby
that which they craved for, that which they visualized, actually manifested. Now, let's not get into
a debate on whether to attribute these to devotion, rituals, religion or God, because I've seen things
happen to rationalists and atheists too.

I would love to hear / read of these magnificent experiences of the members of this forum, hopefully
they will not quote out of books / works of ascended Masters / scriptural references.

Everybody's experience is special, unique and exclusive to him / her - as special and unique as their situations
and circumstances and can't take anyone / anything for granted. The laws of General Average don't apply in
individual instances - everyone has a special relationship with the Universe whose resources are infinite and
in exhaustible - many have tapped it and many have not.

This way, we can learn from each other - without those paid "courses" / "retreats" in class Hotels / Hill Resorts
with self-styled masters rambling jargon. The thumb rule " If you can't convince, then confuse " doesn't apply here.

Nothing like genuine, thrilling real time experiences - and we'll have THE SECRET out.

How'bout somebody making a start ? If it is ok with 20(something or 70(something), I will.

What say?

Yay Yem

Dear Doc

Expected responses
1 . " I'm not that young " [ didn't expect a specific number, though]
2 . " I'm not that old " [ What do you mean Avvaiyar ? - visualize K.B.Sundarambal ]

Ha ha

Yay Yem

AMji,

With no offence, I think you are best suited to direct a mega serial on Indian Television. :spy: You have been talking of "secret" both secretly and openly but yet you have not spelt it out completely. What sounded like a prelude, like VR mam said, seems to be the "secret" itself?? Come on, get into action.

Renu,
Your post 21. May be AMji was referring to the age difference between the two of you, which is "20 something". DDid you expect him to say that he thought you were 20 something? Especially when you have removed your "Diva avatar". What with a mouse.....:heh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back