• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sir Ji

I am never got carried away by Rhonda Byrne's works as some kind of Gospel. And I am not her disciple.

I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts that as a society, over the centuries we have lost a lot of precious
things to invaders and looters and some carried by pilgrims and travelers.

In times when even The Bhagwad Gita was facing a court ban for 'inciting violence', anybody who writes
anything that is even slightly off the generally accepted norm or substantiated with scientific evidence
is bound to face the wrath of the society. This comes in the form of 'diktats' in extremist societies and
Law Suits in more civilized ones. Rhonda Byrne faces these law suits in cases of monetary disputes
not on the authenticity / origins / practice of LOA.

I personally found it easier to relate to the equation between Individual and the Universe as described
in the book, to the roots and the concepts that originated in our own land.

" Nallathaye Ninai, Nallathaye Sol, Nallathaye Sei ....... Nallathay Nadakkum " is an old and precious saying.
" Good thoughts, Good speech and Good deeds ....... Only good will happen".

In a society where we differentiate between the gross and suttle levels of consciousness, everyone I
assume has had experiences, not all of which can be passed off as co-incidence. I will not dare to
call it 'personal theology' - but something only that particular person has felt or has knowledge of.

Help, advise, guidance have always been coming to us constantly - so frequently that it is difficult to
pass everything as co-incidence.

We can all learn from each-other's narration of such magnificent experiences. Everybody has that "Greatness'
in him/her - nothing mysterious / esoteric about it.

Sharing such will only help enrich our lives. Rhonda or no Rhonda, we can help ourselves.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Ok I will give on simple example which almost all of us have experienced in life.
I am sure when we are in some place or attending a function there will always be someone a total stranger whom we can connect with on the spot.(person might be the same sex or opposite sex too).

That's how sometimes we even detect long lost relatives.

Once in India my mother was in Puttaparthi and one elderly lady from India started talking to her and told my mum that she felt as if she knew my mum before sorts of feeling.

Then they had lunch and during conversation my mum and that lady found out that they were related.
That elderly lady was my mother's father's cousin from India.
She was my mum's aunt whom she had never even met before.

You see there was an instant feeling of comfort and they were actually related.

Somethings are hard to explain.

This has happened to me a couple of times - meeting 'unknown' relatives, and sometimes, even friend's friends.

Ok I will give on simple example which almost all of us have experienced in life.
I am sure when we are in some place or attending a function there will always be someone a total stranger whom we can connect with on the spot.(person might be the same sex or opposite sex too).

That's how sometimes we even detect long lost relatives.

Once in India my mother was in Puttaparthi and one elderly lady from India started talking to her and told my mum that she felt as if she knew my mum before sorts of feeling.

Then they had lunch and during conversation my mum and that lady found out that they were related.
That elderly lady was my mother's father's cousin from India.
She was my mum's aunt whom she had never even met before.

You see there was an instant feeling of comfort and they were actually related.

Somethings are hard to explain.

This is what happened to me :

It was the early '80s. I was working as Ops Mgr in Abu Dhabi in a C & F Company. As many would already know,
there is a lot of export from UAE to other GCC countries by land. We had a border office at Al Silaa to process
documents and complete the formalities with the Customs Authorities. We had three people there - living right there
doing the documentation and notifying us by fax / phone - general updating was on a hourly basis, so that we knew
exactly what was coming for whom or whose consignment had gone without a hitch. Many times supplementary
documents needed to be sent and this was done through drivers of other vehicles going to Qatar/Bahrain/Saudi/
Syria/Jordan/Iraq/Kuwait through the Al Silaa border.

Every two weeks we would go for 'inspection' of records and take stock of the situation. I would generally be
accompanied by the Chief Accountant [ L.P.Narayanan ] for tallying cash etc. One such occasion our GM
Shahid Khushnud [ Retd. Major of the Pakistan Army ] joined us. [ Shahid victimized me when he came to know that
my Father was a Retd. Major of the Indian Army - that's a different story altogether ]

It was winter time when the weather in desert lands can get pretty cold when the Shamaal winds start blowing.
We drove to Al Silaa - about 3 hrs drive from Abu Dhabi then, and reached by / about 6pm. Everything at Al Silaa
comes to a halt when the Customs take a dinner break - I think it was between 7pm & 8.30pm those days. Trucks and Trailers on both sides of the border take their tokens and wait in queues in a patient and disciplined manner waiting
for their numbers to be called on the PAS.

We completed our work and started driving back at/about 8pm. There was no vehicle going in the same direction
because the border post was closed - we had a very "free" drive for about 1 1/2 hrs. Then we had a tire burst.
This shouldn't have been a problem, as all three of us were quite capable of changing a wheel and moving on.

But that wasn't so easy. The wheel nuts were rusted and jammed. Three able-bodied men like us couldn't get even
one nut to budge. Then there was another problem - the spare wheel too was flat!

There was nothing we could do, except wait for the border post to open so that the Trailers would start passing through
it start coming towards Abu Dhabi. There was not a soul anywhere nearby - Shamaal winds blowing and we were running out of drinking water and cigarettes. We saw the lights of the first Trailer at/about 11.30pm and did all we could to
catch the driver's attention to make him stop - wooosh - he vanished. Like him another 20/30 such Trailers vanished.
These were Volvo/MAN/Mercedes/Scania tractors with 40' containers clipping at +100 kmph. These have only drivers and no 'cleaners' / assistants that we were used to seeing in India/Pakistan. The drivers stock everything from food to their
prayer caps for extended journeys.

I was the junior most of the three of us and it was decided that I would hop on to the first trailer that would stop,
go with one of the wheels, get it fixed in Abu Dhabi and come back on another trailer heading towards Al Silaa.

As time went by, it didn't look like any driver was in a mood to stop. It was now close to 2am. Acidity in my stomach was killing me. After madly waving at every trailer that did little more than vanish in a cloud of dust, we noticed the rear lights of a vehicle backing up. He had gone past us by at least 50 mtrs and in that pitch darkness, he was backing up towards us - imagine reversing a 40' trailer in the dead of the night, in the middle of nowhere!

The vehicle bore a Syrian Number Plate. The driver looked haggard, unclean and one could smell him from a distance.
He was lanky, tall, thin, unshaven and his bad breath beat his body odor. I didn't speak much Arabic those days, but Shahid spoke the language well and conversed with him. He [the driver] assessed the situation, went to his tool box and came with the requisites.

The wheel nut that would not budge even a bit when we tried to unscrew it, just slid out as though it were sitting
on butter! The next half hour he went about fixing the punctures in the wheel and spare wheel, and filled air in
both. Once fitted, he told us to eat with him! We were famished and the acidity was horrible. We tried to politely
decline but he insisted - he said that he had seen us at Al Silaa and knew that we hadn't visited a restaurant there.

His gestures were rustic and rugged and he insisted that we share his kaboos and some olive pickle. He gave us
two bottles of Masafi - one to have there and one for the way, and casually walked back to his truck, boarded it
and started the engine.

We ran behind him, Shahid actually had his wallet in his hand and was taking out currency to give to him.

He [ the Syrian Driver ] got a bit annoyed! We thought the amount wasn't to his expectation and we too
reached to our wallets.

Revving up his engine a bit and engaging the gear, he said " When you were in trouble, Allah sent me to help you.
Sometime in the future, somewhere in the world, somebody will be in trouble, then Allah will send you to help
them, do it ".

Revving up the engine further, he was gone ! The three of us - all Post Graduates, in fairly good positions
just stood and watch him go!

We drove back, silence.

Yes Doc, some things are hard to explain.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Now, coming to Tmt VR - if a woman's mind is a secret to herself, then why is it that " Sollakoodathathu -
Pennidam Ragasiyam ?"

Kunti kept the secret about the birth of Karna a real secret
and we all know the outcome of that.
Women were cursed to become
incapable of maintaining secrets.
That has very little connection
with the mind of a woman being mystery.

Something in everyone of us (Atman?) is continuous
and can detect unknown relatives of the past as well present.
Why do we feel kindly disposed to some perfect strangers
why do we feel fear and aversion to a few others??
Everything is not explicable using logic or history!

Agreed...but the mind is the greatest secret to humanity itself.
None of us know how fickle the mind can be and also the capability and untapped potential of the human mind.

I always feel that you can trap a person in Alcatraz but you can never restrain his/her mind.

The mind is a zone which is free but at the same time binds us cos even free thoughts create vasanas.

No thought just disappears..each thought creates an imprint in the microcosm and the macrocosm.

We have no idea who we are influencing with our silent thoughts in our mind.

Technically the mind is a store house of secrets which we might never decipher in our life time...that's why religion stresses on getting a hold of the mind and transcend it.

Sometimes I feel that the mind is the instrument of Maya.
So no use trying to find out what is in our mind..just get a control of it and transcend it.
dear renuka ji !
all our mind are like a vessel with big mouth. it never get filled in spite of putting many bad or good thoughts or secrets.
with one input it acquire many & going on spiraling. that is why we say it maya.
guruvayurappan

Big mouth! I for a moment thought that you were referring to some people's chatter!

dear renuka ji !
all our mind are like a vessel with big mouth. it never get filled in spite of putting many bad or good thoughts or secrets.
with one input it acquire many & going on spiraling. that is why we say it maya.
guruvayurappan

Dear Sir Ji

I am never got carried away by Rhonda Byrne's works as some kind of Gospel. AndI am not her disciple.......

Sharing such will only help enrich our lives. Rhonda or no Rhonda, we can helpourselves.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem
I am glad that you could recognize Rhonda for what she is all about. Of course, when you jumped in with your "secret", I sort of sensed that you were playing with a full deck!

……Revving up his engine a bit and engaging the gear, he said " When you were in trouble, Allah sent me to help you. Sometime in the future, somewhere in the world, somebody will be in trouble, then Allah will send you to help them, do it ".

Revving up the engine further, he was gone ! The three of us - all Post Graduates, in fairly good positions just stood and watch him go!

Yes Doc, some things are hard to explain…….

Yes, that is the “SECRET” !

Dear Naina Sir Ji

That's it.

I am glad you agree. There is a greatness in everyone so, as far as I am concerned, "What" is being said
to me is more important than "who" is saying it. These come from [actually through] the most unlikely quarters
from men, women and children who outwardly appear anything but holy.

Yes, Sir Ji, that is THE SECRET.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Greetings.

" The Secret has passed down the ages coveted, hidden, lost, stolen, bought for vast sums
of money and known to some of the most exceptional people who ever lived - Pluto, Galileo,
[COLOR=#da7911 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#DA7911 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Da [/FONT][COLOR=#DA7911 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Vinci[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], Beethoven, Edison and Einstein to name a few ".

That quotation in the opening post reminded me of 'Da Vinci's Code'. That secret was 'cup and chalice'.

Cheers!

Dear Naina Sir Ji

That's it.

I am glad you agree. There is a greatness in everyone so, as far as I am concerned, "What" is being said
to me is more important than "who" is saying it. These come from [actually through] the most unlikely quarters

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem
I suspect that there may probably be another aspect to the "SECRET" as well - to look at the bright side of things, to think positive, and at the same time be detached enough to accept the 'dark side' should it befall, with magnanimity - as part of karmic cause-and-effect conundrum.

Dear Naina Ji

So true. - " to look at the bright side of things, to think positive, and at the same time be detached enough
to accept the 'dark side' should it befall, with magnanimity ..... "

"Thalaikku Vanthathu, Thalaippa Voda Pochu" -,
here one is actually thankful that something that could have been
caused by the effects of a past deed of indiscretion, something that could have been disastrous / catastrophic manifested itself in a much diluted/tolerable form AND has been taken in in a positive frame of mind.

I agree with you -" bright side of things " .

Yay Yem

Strangely the world cares for
WHO said that rather than
What is being told!!! :)

Dear Naina Sir Ji

That's it.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Tmt VR

I don't know whether Quicksand can become a flowerbed or Slowsand [ if such a things exists ]
can become a thorn bed, but I sure know that I cannot do upadesam to Avvaiyar herself!

Madam, ref your own posts 17, 19 & 31 and also Doc's post # 18 of this thread - it's right there !

I am sure that everyone on this forum is wise and smart, so there is no riddle/puzzle that I can throw
at you (all) that you (all) can't debunk in less than a minute.

I am no ascended Master to hand down some kind of encoded symbols/phonetics and prophecize
that this is "THE SECRET".

It's right there with you, Madam.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Doc

Expected responses
1 . " I'm not that young " [ didn't expect a specific number, though]
2 . " I'm not that old " [ What do you mean Avvaiyar ? - visualize K.B.Sundarambal ]

Ha ha

Yay Yem
dear sir !
forget about age and appreciate their energetic mind.very young old lady (positive thinking nature )& very old young girl(doubting every thing )!!
guruvayurappan

Big mouth! I for a moment thought that you were referring to some people's chatter!

dear sarang !
actually i wanted to use the word hole in stead of mouth. if i say a vessel with big hole ,it will not convey correct meaning ,so mouth.some body may say "ottai paatram "will not get filled .one way your inference also correct since otta vaai
can not keep their secret.
guruvayurappan

It was the early '80s. I was working as Ops Mgr in Abu Dhabi in a C & F Company. As many would already know,
there is a lot of export from UAE to other GCC countries by land. We had a border office at Al Silaa to process
documents and complete the formalities with the Customs Authorities. We had three people there - living right there
doing the documentation and notifying us by fax / phone - general updating was on a hourly basis, so that we knew
exactly what was coming for whom or whose consignment had gone without a hitch. Many times supplementary
documents needed to be sent and this was done through drivers of other vehicles going to Qatar/Bahrain/Saudi/
Syria/Jordan/Iraq/Kuwait through the Al Silaa border.

Every two weeks we would go for 'inspection' of records and take stock of the situation. I would generally be
accompanied by the Chief Accountant [ L.P.Narayanan ] for tallying cash etc. One such occasion our GM
Shahid Khushnud [ Retd. Major of the Pakistan Army ] joined us. [ Shahid victimized me when he came to know that
my Father was a Retd. Major of the Indian Army - that's a different story altogether ]

It was winter time when the weather in desert lands can get pretty cold when the Shamaal winds start blowing.
We drove to Al Silaa - about 3 hrs drive from Abu Dhabi then, and reached by / about 6pm. Everything at Al Silaa
comes to a halt when the Customs take a dinner break - I think it was between 7pm & 8.30pm those days. Trucks and Trailers on both sides of the border take their tokens and wait in queues in a patient and disciplined manner waiting
for their numbers to be called on the PAS.

We completed our work and started driving back at/about 8pm. There was no vehicle going in the same direction
because the border post was closed - we had a very "free" drive for about 1 1/2 hrs. Then we had a tire burst.
This shouldn't have been a problem, as all three of us were quite capable of changing a wheel and moving on.

But that wasn't so easy. The wheel nuts were rusted and jammed. Three able-bodied men like us couldn't get even
one nut to budge. Then there was another problem - the spare wheel too was flat!

There was nothing we could do, except wait for the border post to open so that the Trailers would start passing through
it start coming towards Abu Dhabi. There was not a soul anywhere nearby - Shamaal winds blowing and we were running out of drinking water and cigarettes. We saw the lights of the first Trailer at/about 11.30pm and did all we could to
catch the driver's attention to make him stop - wooosh - he vanished. Like him another 20/30 such Trailers vanished.
These were Volvo/MAN/Mercedes/Scania tractors with 40' containers clipping at +100 kmph. These have only drivers and no 'cleaners' / assistants that we were used to seeing in India/Pakistan. The drivers stock everything from food to their
prayer caps for extended journeys.

I was the junior most of the three of us and it was decided that I would hop on to the first trailer that would stop,
go with one of the wheels, get it fixed in Abu Dhabi and come back on another trailer heading towards Al Silaa.

As time went by, it didn't look like any driver was in a mood to stop. It was now close to 2am. Acidity in my stomach was killing me. After madly waving at every trailer that did little more than vanish in a cloud of dust, we noticed the rear lights of a vehicle backing up. He had gone past us by at least 50 mtrs and in that pitch darkness, he was backing up towards us - imagine reversing a 40' trailer in the dead of the night, in the middle of nowhere!

The vehicle bore a Syrian Number Plate. The driver looked haggard, unclean and one could smell him from a distance.
He was lanky, tall, thin, unshaven and his bad breath beat his body odor. I didn't speak much Arabic those days, but Shahid spoke the language well and conversed with him. He [the driver] assessed the situation, went to his tool box and came with the requisites.

The wheel nut that would not budge even a bit when we tried to unscrew it, just slid out as though it were sitting
on butter! The next half hour he went about fixing the punctures in the wheel and spare wheel, and filled air in
both. Once fitted, he told us to eat with him! We were famished and the acidity was horrible. We tried to politely
decline but he insisted - he said that he had seen us at Al Silaa and knew that we hadn't visited a restaurant there.

His gestures were rustic and rugged and he insisted that we share his kaboos and some olive pickle. He gave us
two bottles of Masafi - one to have there and one for the way, and casually walked back to his truck, boarded it
and started the engine.

We ran behind him, Shahid actually had his wallet in his hand and was taking out currency to give to him.

He [ the Syrian Driver ] got a bit annoyed! We thought the amount wasn't to his expectation and we too
reached to our wallets.

Revving up his engine a bit and engaging the gear, he said " When you were in trouble, Allah sent me to help you.
Sometime in the future, somewhere in the world, somebody will be in trouble, then Allah will send you to help
them, do it ".

Revving up the engine further, he was gone ! The three of us - all Post Graduates, in fairly good positions
just stood and watch him go!

We drove back, silence.

Yes Doc, some things are hard to explain.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem
dear AM !
i could not control my tears rolling down after reading your post .good human beings are every where. Do not judge the person by his look as well as take good advice from even unknown person are establised by this incidence.we can not compensate anything with money is also a lesson.
guruvayurappan

3 can keep a secret if two of them are dead so goes a saying. Can somebody tell where is the 3rd person who can tell abou[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]t [/FONT]சிதம்பர ரஹசியம்.

Never judge a book by its cover!
How about the people who judge
even without having a look at the person???

dear AM !
i could not control my tears rolling down after reading your post .good human beings are every where. Do not judge the person by his look as well as take good advice from even unknown person are establised by this incidence.we can not compensate anything with money is also a lesson.
guruvayurappan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back