• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear senior members and knowledgeable elders,

I am so happy that so many of you responded. Thank you so much to all of you for taking time and effort. I was overwhelmed by your deep and wide knowledge. I knew that it is our lifestyle that contributes to our achievements. But I did not know the specific factors that contribute to it.

Please feel pride when I say that as a community Tamil Brahmins’ achievements are disproportionate to our population. I feel that we are a special breed. One Iyer sir told me that as a community, we have successful, healthy and happy long life. It is because of our devotion to Vedas and education.

Others please don’t feel offended when I say, I liked the reason given by Virkamaji as the most credible one. SuryaKasyapaji and KRSji also brought forward excellent points.

Now, may I ask you a question? My non Brahmins friends are around 25 years old. If they become vegetarian, get up at Brahma muhurta and meditate for sometime, follow austerity lifestyle like us, can they become successful? Or do you think that it is too late for them to start? Why I am asking is they are so desperate to pass CA, ICWAI etc.. CA, ICWAI, etc are very difficult to pass and the pass percentage is 7-8% only.

They are amazed by our observation skills, attention to details, memory, ability to concentrate for a long time, ability to solve complex calculations, meticulous way of working / studying etc. These qualities are essential to pass CA, ICWA etc. Can they achieve these qualities now? If so, please can someone tell me what is to be done?

Thanks
Lakshmi

dear dr sundram,
i sometimes feel many are vegetarians because it has been a lifestyle as they do not want to "pollute" themselves with non sattvic food and might feel "unclean".
i wonder how many actually feel for the animal.
i give you an example: when i was 13 years old i had gone to India for prayers and i witness this northern indian brahmana old man (i am not finding fault with Brahmanas, please do not misunderstand me, its just what i witnessed).
he was walking around with his Japa Mala and reciting prayers at that time a young dog happened to cross his path and he hit the dog with a long stick he was holding and the dog started crying in pain and then this man continued his Japa.
i felt so bad for the dog and thought to myself that why that man had failed to see God in that dog?

i know many non brahmin vegetarians who do not show compassion at all to animals.
they are vegetarians because they want to attain spiritual upliftment.
sattva food did not help to instill compassion because their mind set was for personal gain.
that is why i had mentioned in my previous post that upbringing, environment and previous births impressions all shape the Innate Guna of an individual and not food alone.( hope i did not sound too repetitive)

Aham brahmaasmi.... If we fail to see the POWER of energy within ourselves
its of no use in searching out in the temples....

You have in your body the 7 sensitive parts controled by the 7 planets, which has to be activated... If you activate these sensitive points, u will be able to the power of energy within you, which makes you enlighten and u can achieve everything in this world......with the power within you....(Perhaps nowadays people make use this Yoga principle in gaining name and fame and money too for teaching this techniques as the secrets of Kundalini sakthis....?????)

This is my own experience.....
Thanks
Swamiji, With Respects.
By activating the seven chakras in our body are we to become more sober, gentle and calm, understand the existance and live in unison thus live in a balanced state or ahankaras will grow so much so that "we can achieve everything in this world"
I had sought some clarifications to you thro your mail [as advised by you] and reply was that you were out of city and you will answer when you return. Can I request you to kindly revert, please.

Now, may I ask you a question? My non Brahmins friends are around 25 years old. If they become vegetarian, get up at Brahma muhurta and meditate for sometime, follow austerity lifestyle like us, can they become successful? Or do you think that it is too late for them to start? Why I am asking is they are so desperate to pass CA, ICWAI etc.. CA, ICWAI, etc are very difficult to pass and the pass percentage is 7-8% only.

Thanks
Lakshmi

Dear Lakshmi,

Am not sure there is a guarantee that if someone becomes a vegetarian, meditates, becomes austere, then he will succeed in life. Perhaps you overlook that there are folks in NB communities such as Komtis and Marwadis who are religious, vegetarian and frugal.

Perhaps you are looking at a small pool of people you know in a selected subject branch (CA / ICWA). In my own small pool of people, I know of a brahmin who has not yet passed CA and a NB who passed CA a long time back and is a housewife now (making her moolah thru private investments and share market). Am not sure what you would say of the chinese who are really good with finances, excel in accountacy and make astute businessmen as well.

Being vegetarian seems to have good health benefits, meditation helps with focus and concentration, and being frugal usually helps in going a long way in life. However, looks like there is no guarantee that these things can always 100% help a person succeed. But i do think that all 3 (vegetarian diet, meditation and austere lifestyle) certainly make life simpler, less complicated and possibly stress-free.

Regards.

Last edited:
Success is again something from each's point of view. A person who has been a top ranker throughout school and college and at the top of his career earning tons of money could still think himself as unsuccessful because he is trying to get a deeper meaning in life and so chuck all of them to retire to the countryside, live a frugal life and meditate, finds contentment and terms that success which was eluding him when he was a top guy in whatever he was doing. Unfortunately the present day society terms a person as successful when he is a top student or a top sportsman or a top businessman or a celebrity, so everything is from a materialistic point of view, being number one or within a select few. What about success as a human being where the true purpose is to get relief from the karmic cycle and become one with god?

IQ, inteligence, health are all governed by not only the genes one inherits byt by the mode of living,Just because a person turns vegetarian and meditates he will not acuire the qualities.If they are in ones genes which are suppressed then by meditation and food the suppression can be withdrawn.BUT THERE IS NO HARD AND FAST RULE

Humble namaskarams.

I came across a few debatable posts in this thread; some of the posts are arrogant, to put it mildly. Then I came across this gem. I salute Sri. anandb for these words-

"What about success as a human being where the true purpose is to get relief from the karmic cycle and become one with god?"

I have high lighted and underlined the best part of Sri ananadb's message. Sri anandb, when one becomes successful as a human being, the karmic cycle automatically comes to an end; such person need not even try to become one with God, because, if the definition of God is true, God will be trying to absorb such a person.

Even for a brahmachari or sanyasin to sustain in this worls a gruhastha has to give alms (Bhavati Bhikshaam dehi). All cannot become Sanyasins. The ordained route is Brahmacharya,gruhastha,vanaprastha and sanyasa.-(Not denying that one can directly continue as a mendicant from gurukula with permission from Guru and Acharya). Even the order of attainment is Dharma,Artha,Kaama and Last Moksha.

Normal life is like walking on the middle of a small pathway bridge.above a stream. The right balance should be from both extremes. A middle path.

assets should be obtained , not only for one's sustenance, but to help others who are not able to aquire it by themselves.

It is the quantum of selfishness that is important ---and many times it is relative.

Our children are no just born to be direct mendicants.We should not expect nly Kuchelas in our community. Let us have Krishnas and Lakshmis who can help if and any (God Forbid ) kuchela in our community.

Greetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back