• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Fairest Flower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Raghy,

Please do not think that I am ignoring you, because I am not. I do see your words. Only try to understand that by trying to discredit me you only really discredit yourself. I am merely the "reflection" you see. If you really meant me well, then out of love for truth you would strive to look at me in a more compassionate way. You would really be my "friend" then.

Your Eternal Friend,
Arthur

raghy,

i think you have underestimated arthur. he has a certain worthyness for his words, which show the way to truth and belief.

but many of us here are cheap and this shows in our postings and conversations here.

it is profound that buddha is no sankara, unlike idli not a vadai.

you need to show your sincerety and earnestness of approach to searching the divine truth, and like the proverbial பூசாரி, you have to get his வரம் before சுவாமி grants you the same.

not sure, how in this forum, we can assure arthur of the sincerety of approach of folks like yourself and nara.

as for myself, i prefer to be ignorant, and do not want to know the truth, as i already know that a vadai can never be an idly.

such is me.

hopefully arthur will remain friends with you.

thank you :)

My Dear Nara,

A Buddha is no Shankara, because of philosophy. The school of thought you wish to follow will be the philosophy you cultivate.

Also, one can never really know a genuine guru "outside" until the Guru has awakened "inside". The ego can only be pierced, the spiritual eye opened, by self-effort and the Guru's grace.

Arthur

A Buddha is no Shankara, because of philosophy. The school of thought you wish to follow will be the philosophy you cultivate.

Also, one can never really know a genuine guru "outside" until the Guru has awakened "inside". The ego can only be pierced, the spiritual eye opened, by self-effort and the Guru's grace.

Dear Arthur, is there any significance to the article "a" in front of Buddha?

You are still way too mysterious for me. What if by accident the guru that awakens my inside makes me pierce my spiritual eye and awaken my ego?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Raghy,

Please do not think that I am ignoring you, because I am not. I do see your words. Only try to understand that by trying to discredit me you only really discredit yourself. I am merely the "reflection" you see. If you really meant me well, then out of love for truth you would strive to look at me in a more compassionate way. You would really be my "friend" then.

Your Eternal Friend,
Arthur

Arthur,

I am not a learned person. I learn from evidences. I see the evidence that you are ignoring my sincere questions inspite of your assurances to answer them.

Why do you think I am 'trying' to discredit you? Don't you think you are doing that job yourself very nicely by ignoring to answer my sincere questions inspite of your assurances? (I seek answers for questions and concerns raised in post #7)

I don't see anyone in a compassionate way. have you given any reason for me to mean you well? Why should I mean well for you? If I strive for 'love for truth', why should I look at you in a compassionate way? are you the retail and whole sale supplier of 'truth'?
In my experience, friendships are earned.

Dear Arthur,

Thanks for your input.

i read once about ones knowledge of GOD.

those who KNOW do not know,
those who do not know , KNOW.

I cannot say i really know GOD but I know God knows me.

Dear Arthur, I am amazed with your confidence.

You know when Sage Veda Vyasa once asked Lord Shiva about how much more he(Veda Vyasa) needs to know,Lord Shiva answered that its only a fraction of the vast ocean of knowledge which Veda Vyasa knows now.

Imagine lesser mortals like me.

renuka

You are still way too mysterious for me. What if by accident the guru that awakens my inside makes me pierce my spiritual eye and awaken my ego?

nara,

i would watch out if i were you.

if the guru wakens your inside, you are going to have a severe tummy ache, and no amount of tums or rennies will help. perhaps you will need a radical surgery, just like my friend, who had one when his gall bladder woke up. :)

hopefully, even if your spiritual eye gets pierced in the process, i hope as a result, you don't go spiritually blind, for then you would need spiritual glasses. not sure even arthur, even learned and spiritual as he is, would be able to get you out of that conundrum.

re your ego, i think it is already awake. a post like this is like a shot of caffeine, and i am sure it will jolt your ego to a million volts. or is it watts? was always poor in pijiks.

thank you.

Hello Arthur,

Blessings, everyone.
A grand beginning indeed!

I have decided to make a new thread, because unfortunately I see many souls spinning their wheels in useless conversations. I see talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. This is unhealthy. It is wasted energy. A wise man weighs his words and speaks little.
Spoken like the wise; I see that you have finally decided to 'talk' here.

You call yourselves Brahmins, but I see that most of you know very little about Brahman. Eloquent speaking or detailed discussions is not a sign of a Brahmin which means truly wise man.
Fallacy of concluding and then beginning the topic.

With that said, I hope that we can begin a new thread, a thread that is truly conducive to liberation, moksha.
Liberation, from what?

In this thread, all philosophies must be kept at bay until absolute love has been firmly established in the heart. So before responding to this thread, you must cut your head.
In short, you want to abandon reason to establish your point. Many have tried this before; it doesn't work that way.

In this thread, I will not teach you anything, but you will teach yourself. You will teach yourself the meaning of love. You will not accept nor reject anything I say until you have realized what love is. Should you ask for anything more?
It is as good as not opening this thread.

You do not owe me anything nor do I owe you anything. I am no one's teacher nor anyone's student.
I cannot agree more with this.

If you have questions, be sincere. But know that ultimately Self-inquiry and Self-answer is the greatest teacher.
This is not new...

God is not a belief, but a fact. Once you "know" Him, beliefs will cease to exist for you.
'Knowing' is different from 'Realizing'. Again, in this context, what seem as facts to one, may not be so to another...

Therefore, "know" the Truth and the Truth will set you free. Know Thyself.
What/Where is 'the truth'?

God is a fact only to those who "know" Him and not to those who speculate on Him. Renuka, I "know" God.
God is, irrespective of whether one speculates or proclaims to know him. Your claim of 'knowing' god is valid only within the realm of your mind. There are so many who claim the same. Why should you be any different?

In response to your query, I will say that the "truth" must be sincerely "heard", then "reasoned" upon, and then "meditated" upon.
That is to say, the truth must be heard, understood, and then realized.
Heard from whom or what?

Dear friend, only a genuine guru can speak of the absolute truth. However, a Buddha is no Shankara. What school of thought do you wish to cultivate?
Do philosophies show god? Then what is the correct philosophy? Who is a 'genuine' guru?

So does 'knowing god' depend on the philosophy which again depends on one's wish? Sounds whimsical...

So anybody who opens the spiritual eye is a guru? And if these gurus do not have a common philosophy about god, which is the correct one?

----------------------------------------------------------------

All along this thread, you have not said anything new. From an overall perspective, it seems that you are kindling something without giving any direct answers - just prodding along and extending your replies from previous posts.

Only empty vessels collect, to give.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
if the guru wakens your inside, ....

re your ego, i think it is already awake.

Hey, hey, my inner guru is doing just fine, it awakens quite regularly, but my ego gets enlarged and what gets pierced is an eye alright, but neither is it spiritual nor is it mine ...

Sri. Kunjuppu said:-

"i think you have underestimated arthur. he has a certain worthyness for his words, which show the way to truth and belief.

but many of us here are cheap and this shows in our postings and conversations here.

it is profound that buddha is no sankara, unlike idli not a vadai.

you need to show your sincerety and earnestness of approach to searching the divine truth, and like the proverbial பூசாரி, you have to get his வரம் before சுவாமி grants you the same."

Sri. Kunjuppu,

One should strive hard and repeatedly try to get some words of wisdom. That is what I am doing. I remember when I was in year 11, I approached my maths teacher to teach me more maths privately. He refused to take me! I did not leave it at that though. I kept trying and at the end, his children took pity on me and talked on behalf of me. I learned one important lesson other than maths that time- 'no guru would touch me even with a ten feet pole!'

Let's forget about A budhha or Sankara; it sounds too complicated. I am really attracted to your philosophy that says 'idly is not vadai'. I love idly and I love vadai (at last I brought 'love' in my message. See, Sri. Kunjuppu, even while making a simple conversation, 'love' just flows out of me!

Please take me as your disciple and teach me more about idly, vadai even pongal, poori, please. Thank you.

I am really attracted to your philosophy that says 'idly is not vadai'. I love idly and I love vadai (at last I brought 'love' in my message. See, Sri. Kunjuppu, even while making a simple conversation, 'love' just flows out of me!

Please take me as your disciple and teach me more about idly, vadai even pongal, poori, please.

Sri Kunjuppu and Sri Raghy,

I am also really interested in knowing more about `Masal Vadai'. I am narrating a real story happened long back at my village house.

There was rat menace in our house. We bought a எலி பொறி (rat trap). My father kept a small coconut piece but the rat was not attracted by it. Then he consulted some experts and kept a `Masal Vadai' in the trap. Believe it or not, the rat was attracted by it and sacrificed its life for the sake of Masal Vadai. If a living creature is willing to sacrifice its life for the sake of a `Masal Vadai', I am sure lot of research would have been done involving this item.

Even a rat has deepest`love' for masal vadai and is willing to sacrifice its life for the sake of it.

Sri Kunjuppu ji seems to be great philosopher and research scholar. Sitting far away at Canada (problably without actually experiencing rat menace), he has mastered the philosophies behind vadai, idli etc. Definitely he should be encouraged to pursue his research and we should all support him.

All the best

Last edited:
Folks,

There is lots of humour employed here amongst our members - I appreciate it. All the same let us not step in to a territory which may be considered as mocking and hurtful. Just a friendly input.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Friends,

The following words will probably generate more ire against me, but the truth must be spoken.

It has been said that one should not cast out one's pearls before swine. But what can I do? I love all. All are children of the Almighty.

However, one must also understand that though I love all, I do not respect all. I do not favor all. I only respect the righteous. I favor only the truly righteous.

So do not disturb your mind, my friend KRS, what goes round comes round. God always has the last laugh. I know the truth. I know God.

Arthur

However, one must also understand that though I love all, I do not respect all. I do not favor all. I only respect the righteous. I favor only the truly righteous.

Dear Arthur, my heart goes out for you, it must be really hard to love even the ones you have no respect for. Only a true Arthur can do that.

Long live the righteous warriors, the ones who condemn the rest of us to eternal hell.

It has been said that one should not cast out one's pearls before swine.
Source: Bible, Matthew 7:6

Dear Sri Arthur Ji,

My words were from a moderator's perspective, giving friendly input to our members.

Having said that, I must say that I do not understand your postings. Seems like you make statements without any evidence behind them.

When you say you do not have respect for some, I do not understand your reasoning behind it - who do you not respect and why?

By the way are you a follower of Jesus Christ's teachings/philosophy?

Regards,
KRS

Folks,

There is lots of humour employed here amongst our members - I appreciate it. All the same let us not step in to a territory which may be considered as mocking and hurtful. Just a friendly input.

Regards,
KRS

Sri. KRS,

In this thread our sincere questions are not answered; sincere concern raised are not addressed. As you can see from the number of views, many forum members are watching the circus going on in this thread. In my personal case, my concerns are not addressed. I am sincere in addressing any concerns raised towards my views in other threads. May I know why this thread should be any different? May I know how one member gets the special previlege to ignore other member? I hope you may look at point of views of other members too. Sri.Kunjuppu has openly wondered how this forum could assure the thread starter that my questions and concerns are sincere. This thread starer thinks that I am trying to discredit him! Should I not take it as a slander?

I am only quoting what was spoken and ask for explanations. I am bored after waiting for long time. I know a lot of members are watching by looking at the number of views. Kindly don't blame other members for starting the humor. It was initially started by our honourable member Arthur. We are only following the lead.

Last edited:
Dear Sri Raghy Ji,

I am not blaming anyone. My only concern was that the humor not turn in to mocking, irrelevant to the thread starter's perspective.

At least a couple of you have engaged in conversations with Sri Arthur Ji. I have also posed a couple of questions. Let us see how he responds.

In general, if a poster decides not to respond to some folks, I do not know what one can do to force that person to respond, as long as they are following Forum rules.

Anyways, I hope Sri Arthur Ji understands your feelings and if he really knows God as he claims, would not want to leave you feeling this way.

Let us see how the unfolding of the fairest of all flowers manifests itself in the next few postings.

Regards,
KRS

My Dear Friends,

My first response is to Nara: My dear Nara, I do not condemn anyone. The self-righteous are self-condemned. Your misinterpretation of my words is whose fault?

My second response is to KRS: My dear KRS, to answer your question regarding "respect". Let me ask you, do your respect evil? Do you respect hatred? Do you respect ignorance? Do you respect selfishness? Respect means to hold something in high-esteem. I respect virtue, not vice. I love all "indiscriminately", but I use "discrimination" when respect is involved. Please try to understand that love and respect are not synonomous.

I hope these explanations were helpful.

Your Friend No Matter What,
Arthur

Dear Sri Arthur Ji,

I do not think that any normal human being in this world respects 'evil', or 'hatred', or 'ignorance', or 'sefishness'. But again who in this thread has shown any of such charecteristic? When you make broad statement like this, it does not really tell what you mean to a simple mind like mine.

you say you respect 'virtue' and not 'vice'. What is your definition of virtue and vice? Are they absolute?

I have also asked you a question about you and Jesus Christ. You perhaps overlooked it. Can you please answer that also?

Regards,
KRS

My Dear Friends,

My second response is to KRS: My dear KRS, to answer your question regarding "respect". Let me ask you, do your respect evil? Do you respect hatred? Do you respect ignorance? Do you respect selfishness? Respect means to hold something in high-esteem. I respect virtue, not vice. I love all "indiscriminately", but I use "discrimination" when respect is involved. Please try to understand that love and respect are not synonomous.

I hope these explanations were helpful.

Your Friend No Matter What,
Arthur

Please refer to post no.37 in this thread where I have explained actual incident involving a rat and masal vadai. Lot of questions came to my mind after writing the same.

This thread talked about Sankara and Budhha. Buddha said `Attachment is the root cause of all the problems'. In actual life we get into problems only because of attachments. Initially we may try to live a detatched life but later on due to circumstances or other, we get attached to something and land in trouble.

In the incident involving the rat, it resisted inititally Coconut in the trap and escaped from it. But it could not resist when `Masal Vadai' was placed and was forced to pay `supreme sacrifice'. Offcourse the trap is laid by a human element.

In our case who is laying the trap? What makes us deviate from the detatchement principle ? Why we yield in between?

Can anybody answer my above questions?

All the best

Dear KRS,

If you really must know, my name is Arthur a.k.a Satyakama. I am a disciple of Truth. I follow the Advaita philosophy and have made Sathya Sai Baba my Ishta. I am not a disciple of Jesus anymore than I am a disciple of Buddha. I am Self-taught. Nor do I follow the man called Sai Baba. What I follow is what he represents. The Absolute.

Arthur

Dear Arthur,

Please dont forget Sathya Sai Babas qoute "Make your life a rose that speaks silenty in the language of fragrance"

Renuka

Last edited:
In our case who is laying the trap? What makes us deviate from the detatchement principle ? Why we yield in between?
The rat, the rat-trap and 'the will' have the same source - our mind.

Regards,

Dear Renuka,

Yes. "Love All, Serve All".

Renuka, is your sense of smell refined enough to smell the fragrance of the flower, the flower of love? This is what fairest means. The purest most refined bliss of Love.

Also, stop quoting so much. Try to share your own beautiful thoughts. Manifest the flower without quoting.

Have a very Merry Christmas, Renuka, and Happy New Year.

Your Friend,
Arthur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back