• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

the election results ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i suppose secular constitutions give equal representation to all religions. when only one religion interferes in state it makes the other people uncomfortable. religion can interefere in state to the extent that government agencies fund missionary work in some countries for example. india wud never do that, with any religion. we are secular because we allow each of us the freedom to follow each one's own religion. and have a consitution and judiciary aimed at protecting everybody's right to practice each one's own faith.

Dear HappyHindu,

You got me totally wrong... Please have a relook in to my posts.May be we can also request Mod.KRS to share his view.

All Im saying is, Democracy/Secularism should consult,rather been consulting, the respective religious leaders while setting the broad frame work and foundations of law. Secualrism doesnt mean shunning out religion,rather, giving value for all religions.

Take for eg, Cow-Slaughter.. According to your view of 'secularism/democracy',this ban may be a wrong ... but for me its right, since its based on the widely acceptable hindu moral/social law. I stress the point, consulting. I mean,'Consulting Religious heads and scriptures'.

And in every secular state, this consultation do happen, even in India.. For eg, When Christian divorce act was ammended to realx the stringent mandate of 5 yrs , the Govt consulted the Christian religious heads.

You may be surprised to know, most of the 'Legal Moral/ethical Frame work' is drafted based upon religious scriptures around the world.

PS: btw, wonder why you brought missionaries in to this topic!!![/FONT]

am not against any religion, the only prob i have is with those kind of aggressive missionaries that go vanadalizing scriptures, insulting religious sentiments and turn people against their own.

We have every right to report to the nearest police station!! Dont we?

Dear Sapr,

Yes me too saying the same. Just that the ban on cow slaughter and stuff to appease a majority seems misplaced to me (i hope former cowherds and hindus in genral don't rain verbal blows on me for saying this). I mean, its not about pleasing a majority right, but its about just letting each individual have his preferences.

Instead of having cows eating paper, and sick stuff out of dustbins and killing themselves with unpronouncable diseases, maybe its better to have a easier, simpler, more painless death by getting slaughtered. Ofcourse, there are always two sides to any thing (am a miserably confused creature socially forever dangling b/w every side), but what am trying to say that i do not eat beef but i have no issues with those who do.

As regards the missionaries, well going to the police is a waste of time and does not help. There are grievious crimes and i think the country is already short of police to tackle the amount of crimes that take place. And the stuff missionaries do is no crime really. Its just more about integrity of the preachers.

If someone wants to propagate their faith, they are most welcome; there are so many nice things in christianity, but not by doing crazy things like money inducements, misportraying the scriptures, asking people to convert if they are low-caste, turning ppl against one community and so on.

Dear Sapr,

11>>>>Yes me too saying the same. Just that the ban on cow slaughter and stuff to appease a majority seems misplaced to me (i hope former cowherds and hindus in genral don't rain verbal blows on me for saying this). I mean, its not about pleasing a majority right, but its about just letting each individual have his preferences.

22>>>As regards the missionaries, well going to the police is a waste of time and does not help. .

Dear HH,

11) The point I'm driving here is,even in a secular/democratic set up, enactment of law should be done in consultation with the Religious heads.

22) If every body thinks that 'Reporting a crime to police station is waste of time', then the country will follow only the jungle law. Its the responsiblity of every citizen to report a crime, instead of being a 'mute spectator'

sapr333,

You are somewhat factually incorrect here. The US SC has said that if the 'Ten Commandments' in the courts have been there historically, then they can stay, because they represent a 'historical' perspective and not a religious perspective. They only disproved the installation of a new 10 commandments by this Christian Judge in Alabama in his court, without any regard to other religious sentiments.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sesh,

For eg, removal of 'Ten Commandments tablet from American Courts,approval of Abortion, euthnesia,gay-marriage are all the results of secularism,though church is against that.

sapr333,

I agree. But then I agree with Srimathi HH Ji too. Even Gandhi Ji has said that the cow slaughter can not be a Union law, because one can not impose the specific religious outlook on the minorities.

Consulting with various religious heads in a secular set up makes sense when everyone is ready for compromises for the good of the country. I do not think India is there yet.

Regards,
KRS

Dear HH,

11) The point I'm driving here is,even in a secular/democratic set up, enactment of law should be done in consultation with the Religious heads.

22) If every body thinks that 'Reporting a crime to police station is waste of time', then the country will follow only the jungle law. Its the responsiblity of every citizen to report a crime, instead of being a 'mute spectator'

sapr333,

Consulting with various religious heads in a secular set up makes sense when everyone is ready for compromises for the good of the country. I do not think India is there yet.

Regards,
KRS

Dear K.R.S, Im in agreement with your 2 previous posts.

Consulting doesnt mean, the religious heads should agree for a compromise..That part of decision on agreement/disagreement needs to be taken by the Legislators alone.

re

vv

the south has got such a good representation in the union goverment.i am actually excited than before,with singh is king slogan :)...though LKA's chances of becoming a PM is = poyindhi. :(

sb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back