• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Brain Teasers......

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Missing Rupee.

Here is a brain teaser. I don't know whether this has appeared already in this thread. Still it is worth a try.

Three men go to a Restaurant. The total bill comes to Rs. 30, so each man pays Rs.10. The manager realizes the bill should only be Rs. 25, so he asks the waiter to return Rs. 5 to the men. Each man takes back Re.1, and they tell the waiter to keep the remaining Rs.2 as a tip.

Each man now has Re.1 back in his pocket, meaning they each paid Rs. 9 for the bill. That comes to a total of Rs.27. The waiter has Rs.2 as a tip. If the men originally handing over Rs.30, what happened to the missing Rupee?

Cheers,

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Brahmanyan Sir

Let me try it.. You have to tell me am I right or wrong. let me do a simple calculation, with out puzzling myself much in the second part of the question.

Given amount 30
----
Original bill was 25
Tips for the waiter 2
Total ------
-------
Remaining 30-27=3

each one gets one Rupee each. Howz this answer?? There is no extra one Rupee.

The Missing Rupee

Dear Dr.Anandi,

You win again. That is the only answer.

[SUP]The Rs.2 tip is included in the Rs.27 (i.e. Rs.25 Bill+ Rs2 tip), when you add the 3 Rupees onto the Rs.27 you get Rs. 30. You can't simply add Rs.27 that they paid and the Rs.2 tip because the Rs. 2 is already included in it.
[/SUP]

Cheers,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Dr.Anandi,

You win again. That is the only answer.

[SUP]The Rs.2 tip is included in the Rs.27 (i.e. Rs.25 Bill+ Rs2 tip), when you add the 3 Rupees onto the Rs.27 you get Rs. 30. You can't simply add Rs.27 that they paid and the Rs.2 tip because the Rs. 2 is already included in it.
[/SUP]

Cheers,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Thank you!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back