• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflection

I prefer BHIM for easy money transfer - safe,instant . Unlike paytm google pay etc - It is your bank mobile linked - bank to bank with no need to refill the wallets ! Money transfer possible with Upi id or with IFSE code and account details or Scan & pay .

I just now sent to Raman Sastrigal his professional charges. For pooja on Friday - ₹ 350. For ashtothram and punarpooja on Saturday -₹350 totally₹700 only. But the Sastrigal of my d in l took ₹ 2500 for one day pooja on Friday without punarpooja which she did herself without sastrigal!

Tomorrow Avaniavitam -. பஞ்ஜகச்சம் கட்டிக்க ஜம்புக்கு தெரியாது. Usually Sastrigal helps him out. He has to wear a belt tight to keep PK in place lest it falls down. I am an expert in Madisar and I think PK is worn exactly like Madisar but with out தலைப்பு - Hope I can help him out.

Jambu did the "யக்நேவபீதம்" wearing a தத்கா பித்கா பஞ்ஜ கச்சம் ! ஆரத்தி தாம்பாளத்தில் போட Coins not available - No problem - he put that in my bank out instead - Thanks to BHIM .

Kumbakonam degree coffee _ My son pulled a fast one posting that hot milk at exactly 22 degree celsius should be mixed with coffee liquor.
His north indian friends liked his post and thanked him.
When asked to change poonool by in laws he asked how to change when he is not wearing one
I do not have one either.Managed a life time without one except three or four occassions when I I got forced to wear one.

I do not know what happens to some TBs after retirement. They turn extra religious , start sporting tuft caste signs on forehead panchakacham and start going to temples more often. One has to go to Ayodhya mandapam to see dozens of them sitting around all times of day mostly engaging in small talk.
I trust that corona scare would have put an end to temple visits.

I do not know what happens to some TBs after retirement. They turn extra religious , start sporting tuft caste signs on forehead panchakacham and start going to temples more often. One has to go to Ayodhya mandapam to see dozens of them sitting around all times of day mostly engaging in small talk.
I trust that corona scare would have put an end to temple visits.

when people age they become more outwardly holy mostly to pass time and to meet others and get a feel that they imbibed some "spirituality"
The one's who have learnt the art of being in the NOW do not depend on external signs of religion for they would have realized that they need not identify with their body anymore.

When asked to change poonool by in laws he asked how to change when he is not wearing one

I do not have one either (#56)

Not wearing one after Upanayanam ? or never had an Upanayanam ?

Last edited:
when people age they become more outwardly holy mostly to pass time and to meet others and get a feel that they imbibed some "spirituality(#58)

One has to go to Ayodhya mandapam to see dozens of them sitting around all times of day mostly engaging in small talk. (#57)

Some are spiritually glued to Rama of Ayodhya mandapam - Some gulp "Spirituality" in Ramada of Kochi!

Salvation through உத்திரிணி & பஞ்சபாத்ரம் or by Peg & Mug ?

This question was there in Thiagaraja's mind as well.

Meaning:
O mind! When the spacious royal path to salvation is available, why should you take to by-lanes? When nutritious creamy milk is available, will anyone think of detestable toddy Ð Gangasagaram? When you can feast your eyes on the ravishingly beautiful form of SRI RAMA, when LORD SHIVA is eternally chanting the name of SRI RAMA, who has condescended to grace the abode of Tyagaraja, why should you resort to devious and labyrinthine paths instead of the royal path to salvation?

Have you wondered who does well in share market.
Not chart readers aalysing stocks poring over pby e and other data but rural fellows with common sense. Carefree with their money
I love playing withpenny stocks . iI like vakrangee , yes bank iob
I keep track of Rain industries Sbi cards Wabag I keep Hul ITc Ril for long time play..
I do not attach any emotion to share trading .
It is only time pass .
At covid lock down it is to forget what is happening outside.
So many hospitalised and losing their lives due to poor management in govt hospitals.

Market Humor! Just now some one shared with me.

Have you wondered who does well in share market.(62#)

0_15967154270641057436605.jpg

Last edited:
Not chart readers aalysing stocks poring over pby e and other data but rural fellows with common sense. Carefree with their money(#62)

The same message communicated in this cartoon!

0_share_1454462684.jpg

Another weekend Aug 8th 20 Corona stories , Border standoff ,Ayodhya puja.,SSRajput case
All these have stopped stirring any emotions Music gives relief .both classical and light ghazals .

My other passion Stock market playing is not available weekends
I used to go to the race course in my bachelor days in hyderabad.
Any winnings were followed by celebration in bars. Losses were also drowned with a peg or two.
Hyderabad used to an open town .
The biryani with paya washrd down with beer could be a great experience.Twin cities of hyderabad and secunderabad were a contrast.
The hyderabadi tehzeeb and secunderabadi mulkis and urdu mixed hindusthani tongue I miss even now after forty plus years.Probably they were the best years of my life

Today read aboutcpassing away of Sadia Dehalvi a renowned delhi based writer , lover of delhi life , sufi traditions.
I love sufi music.ARR has composed some fine songs in Delhi6 and Rockstar .
Delhi organises a yearly festival called Phool walon ki sair _ a procession from a mosque in pragati maidan to a hindu temple in mehrauli.
Delhi is a strange town . It has poltiticians rubbing shoulders with bureaucrats; slum crowd coexisting with well offs immigrants from bihar up and our own tamil nadu house helps live in the same slums.
Only delhiites can like delhi .

A combination of cultural influences of bhopal and hyderabad super imposed on it the life in delhi with a staunch vaishnavite mate from tamil nadu is a great experience.
Sounds of Temple bells and calls from a masjid nearby falling on the ears of an agnostic calls for lot of tolerance from the receiver.
If only we were a lilltle deaf like many seniors we would be better off.
I kam yearning for the jdawn of a new order where caste or religion would not matter and we could lead a more peaceful life

Hyderabad used to an open town (#67)

Our previous meet was in Hyderabad in 2019 Jan. It is still an open town but many women are closed or clothed in Burkha - may be with lipstick under burqa!

Hyderabad used to an open town (#67)

Our previous meet was in Hyderabad in 2019 Jan. It is still an open town but many women are closed or clothed in Burkha - may be with lipstick under burqa!
In Hyd movie halls there were separate male and female sections with a purdha in between

It was safe enough for burkha clad women to frequent late evening shows.After the show they would take cycle rickshas to their homes nearby.

Owaisi seems to the popular poster boy and not Sha Ruck! Every male sports a beard some colored with mehindhi - Some men with surma or khol look outlandish ! But they should learn a lesson or two from Modi on maintaing a smart beard !

love sufi music.ARR has composed some fine songs in Delhi6 and Rockstar .(#66)

Listen to Sabri brothers

Amazing lung capacities ! I enjoyed without understanding it!

Another sunday 9th aug 20
Got disturbed by the air india express crash landing at kozhikode killing 18 and injuring 180 .
A tabletop strip and plane overshooting and falling down into a gorge splitting into two.
I am having second thoughts flying airindia in future.
Travel by any mode during rainy season is getting unsafe. If life has to go on is there a better way
Technology has failed to ensure safe travel..
Feeling suffocated with taes of corona deaths and added to this plane crash.

You can keep away from such disasters if you are guided by Shastras Look into பாம்பு பஞ்ஜாங்கம Based on the direction of travel choose the day which is compatible with சூலம்! If the travel cannot be avoided on unsuitable days - don't worry - சூலம் can be bypassed - by பரஸ்தானம் the previous night and take the flight!

My FIL -May his soul rest in peace_ was a b b
believer in pamban panchangam .very many times he would leave his home the night before for next day journey and leave from my place the next day observing the reasons you have mentioned when travelling to some other city
This auspicious time hang up for everything
took a toll on all around him.
To put up with orthodox people can be taxing

Something interesting and different
A delhi jal board worker an alcoholic committed suicide by jumping into water tank. About 300 flats including mine are to be emptied and sanitised before refill.
Earlier couple of weeks back someone tried dtealing water meter ofmy flat.
All these types of events are part of delhi life
If one cannot do anything about it why not enjoy it

Latest ads

Back