• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflection

My son , DIL and kid went to chickmagajur resort couple of weeks back with no after effects .I believe the resort had locked in the servants months back and sanitised the place.They ensured that guests do not come in contact with each others. Towels and all toiletries were in the room on the day of moving in for the period of stay.Food left outside the door for picking up.

We went all around city painting it red ! Went to Kaladdi Chotaniikar No mask no distancing moving in crowd - Lulu mall avoided - always "House Full" Enjoyed the Cruise at Kochi port enjoyed the குத்து ,dance on board in gay abandan !

Curious ?

This "குத்து" was not preplanned or stage managed ! spontaneous response! The pulsating beat came alive when the(tourist) guide switched on the music player - simple easy for குத்து! - some put on their dancing shoes on the spur of the moment!

While strolling along the Marine Drive a street vendor selling toy dholak was pestering me to buy one Offer price ₹300 - To shake him off I bargained for ₹ 100 and he walked out as expected. At the jetty near the boarding point he reappeared - I had to buy that now he was ready to give it to me at the bargained price of ₹ 100 ! Dholak is a clue for identification !

You can see me in the group photo seated 2nd from the right in a light coloured saree Jambu in Red T shirt standing . Next to him on the right (bald) is Razak- Now try to find them in the Video! Hope you do it right If not then I will do it for you!

Yes bank had gone down to 11 .3when I had bought more to average fpo price .Now it has recovered to 12.3 .I sold 2000 shares of fpo

In the video the one playing dholak is Dr.Razak The one with amigo hat ( slightly pushed backwards) doing குத்து is me! you cant see Jambu in the video clip - he was recording this video on his mobile ! Compliments to his skills - his pictures aways come hazy but never "Dirty"

PSB are set for consolidation into 4 or 5 banks.
Central bank of india is set for merger. Worth buying for substantial gain.Buy Rvnl a railway share at about 19 and collect 11.5 % dividend and promptly sell after crediting of dividend. No deposit gives 11% in short timeJP associate is hitting circuit everyday.It is gaining due to ban on chinese goods. Buy for substantial gain.

Delhi govt has opened a portal for employment.Owners of industries left high and dry by workers due to corona scare are encouraged to post their vacncies. There are more than 60000 vacancies have been posted.More than 3lakh responses they got from unemployed youth.
A geat initiative by govt

You are actively involved in trading Keeps you engaed 5 days a week Mon thru Fri. Enjoy the thrill!

We have taken voluntary retirement After a fairly long successful inings we are back in pavilion We had 8 demat ac with 4ac each.

1 Single 2 Joint with spouse 3 Joint with 1son 4 Joint with 2son - all active till we decided quit in 2000

Gradually disposed most of the shares. NAV of our share holding would be 45L (MF & Exchange Traded gold bonds included)as on date.

Later Invested only in Risk free Guaranteed income schemes to the maximum allowed limit (P F 1.5L -. SCSS 15L - PMVVY 15L FD (under insurance coverage) 5L and the amount in excess not covered

Jambu also pays the LIC premium.of both sons (1.5L) + PPF 1.5 L But 80CC - limited to 1.5L only.

After filing IT returns we have a cash balance (5L) assement year 20 - 21 available for investment - I think I will go for "We Care" deposit offer of SBI which is open til l Sept.30 This is exclusively for Sr.Citizen - and 5L investment will be under Insurance cover as existing FD are in different bank !

We are not for " Financial Adventure" any more ! Our savings are for passing on to next generation and not for risky adventure in the evening our lives

We maintain same standard of living with no compromise Sufficient provision were made for retirement We planned that way I have Health Insurance for 10L cover . Jambu has separate policy 3 L cover 1/ 3 of my cover at an annual premium 33000 almost 2.5 times my premium cost of 13000

In addition each one of use have 5L cover in my son's group insurance for employee -parents can be included withi 25% co-payment.

Hi
I just spend 45 minutes in the morning and half hour at closing time on share investing.
It is for fum
It is less than 5% of my worth.All my gains I promptly spend in going to resorts and foreign holidays.
I post so that anyone in this forum can use it for their benifit.

Nice to see you make easy money sitting in front a screen and takeing knowledgeable decision is a split second - I must compliment your shrewdness!

Remember Kochi Ramada - when you search for a good resort to spend your money !

Great ambiance!

Tks jj ji .
I have to go to cochin on aug 30th to attend nieces wedding . I do not know if I can make it with lockdown in place.Then Cochin zRamada it shall be
if I make it to cochin

If the wedding is in Kochi and staying in Ramada may not be convenient . It about 50 minutes drive - Ramada is in Kumbalam -Eranakulam is nearer about 30 minutes drive - If it's leisure travel Ramada is fine every thing will be arranged by them for a price ! Commuting will be an issue - you will always be delayed - Caught in the traffic jam !

33³33I333 the³33Idea333333 is3333333333333333³is333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
If the wedding is in Kochi and staying in Ramada may not be convenient . It about 50 minutes drive - Ramada is in Kumbalam -Eranakulam is nearer about 30 minutes drive - If it's leisure travel Ramada is fine every thing will be arranged by them for a price ! Commuting will be an issue - you will always be delayed - Caught in the traffic jam !
[/QUOTE
I do not expect traffic because of covid333333333333333333333333333333333333333333434333333333333433434³³themselves

Sorry message was garbled.
Ido not expect traffic because of covid
I normally miss the rituals and reach at thali tying time. I look fwdto the meal and vanish after that

There is a commdity and spices rxchange in

ernakulam .Some spices are wo=th buyingOne can

visit old jewish synagogue .

Also chinese fishing nets are good to see.

I used to work on a project at cochin refinery

I have made multiple trips and spent months there

I have lost touch with most of my friends there.

Then the airport was at the end of MG road within

the city

I liked the kerala cuisine with plenty of coconut and

hot water with spices. One had to beg for ordinary

rice as mostly boiled rice was the norm

Kerala has a high literacy rate.They have a

matrilineal system where women own property .

Their marriages are simple affair and separation

also much easier.

It is a multi religeous society.

They had thefirst democtratically elected

communist ministry headed by EMS .Now they

have Left front LDF and Right front UDF alternately

governing

Sunday 25 july 2020
What is bothering me?

Firstly over hyping covid and the state

restricting personal liberty and freedom of

movement within the city ,between states .

Secondly playing the castecand religion card

to createv ill will and discord in society

Thirdly State giving more importance to nri

and indians abroad to return to india by

special flights and spread covid here.

Ignoring the migrants and their need for

support to go freely home and return.

Covid has been over played .Time to ignore

it and move on with life

Fourhly need to launch Food for
work programs for the poor on priority

It seems we are sitting on mounds of food

grains and not giving it to people who

require it
Fifth _ Stock market is booming.Who is

making money. ? We will again hear about

more scams and some more NPA from

banks will emerge.

PSU banks seem to be the target for all

scamsters.More Yes bank type .scandals

may emerge
Sixth Unemploymenvt is on the
Bank jobs no longer seem to be attractive anymore

Though I worked during the lockdown but yet there was a restriction of movement too.

But Post Covid Lockdown I realized that the Forced Quarantine had intensely disciplined me.

That is :

1)I mostly stopped eating meals at restaurants.
Cook all my meals till now.

2)Realized that I do not need that many clothes when there is no where to go.

3)I dont actually need to go out as much besides to work becos forced quarantine made us dependent on our inner-self to be self sustaining.

4)Dependency on entertainment was practically zero, I chose reading and enhancing knowledge than entertainment...hardly watch TV these days..it just isnt needed as much.

5)Also dependency on humans is almost zero becos anyone could be a potential Covid 19 carrier.

6)Charity increased, felt a sense of responsibility to help and care for less fortunate more becos it would really hit you on the face that many others are suffering and we are not and we would start to feel guilty for being "privileged"

7)Food didnt become a priority,it was not a time to be a Master chef but it was time to reflect to eat what we need to live and not eat to live...the palate didnt desire "rich" food anymore..the palate just wanted healthy simple food which feeds the soul more than the body

8)Post Covid 19 lock down..its almost a state of Zen where one has learnt to be in harmony with the inner self and less dependent on the world.

Though I worked during the lockdown but yet there was a restriction of movement too.

But Post Covid Lockdown I realized that the Forced Quarantine had intensely disciplined me.

That is :

1)I mostly stopped eating meals at restaurants.
Cook all my meals till now.

2)Realized that I do not need that many clothes when there is no where to go.

3)I dont actually need to go out as much besides to work becos forced quarantine made us dependent on our inner-self to be self sustaining.

4)Dependency on entertainment was practically zero, I chose reading and enhancing knowledge than entertainment...hardly watch TV these days..it just isnt needed as much.

5)Also dependency on humans is almost zero becos anyone could be a potential Covid 19 carrier.

6)Charity increased, felt a sense of responsibility to help and care for less fortunate more becos it would really hit you on the face that many others are suffering and we are not and we would start to feel guilty for being "privileged"

7)Food didnt become a priority,it was not a time to be a Master chef but it was time to reflect to eat what we need to live and not eat to live...the palate didnt desire "rich" food anymore..the palate just wanted healthy simple food which feeds the soul more than the body

8)Post Covid 19 lock down..its almost a state of Zen where one has learnt to be in harmony with the inner self and less dependent on the world.
Hi good to see a posting from you

You being a doctor fully realise how badly covid could hit humans

We are ignorant about corona and ignorance is bliss .We continue merrily continuing to enjoy food cooked by rxcellent chef home
My cook was chef in five star hotel.He gave it up to become cook in 3 or 4 homes everyday.
Social distancing is fine.A minor compromise with more sanitising and face mask .
It makes little differenc e if food is home cooked instead of outsourcing.

Song and dance ( mostly classical and light ghazals) continue as before

No need to change much and become a recluse.

I can understand more peoplr can go below the poverty line.

We can help with some charity . I prefer to pay full salary for lockdown period for those who work for me and reimburse their medical bills.They are my lifeline and first priority.

I am supporting as many as six employees of mine in delhi and bengaluru. If well off support a few there might be less misery

Bangalore and delhi have further opened up
Shops Metro gyms open this week
Sunday curfew lifted
Karnataka is lifting inter state movement restrictions.
My eyes lighted up
My trip to kerala and delhi in sept is on

Though all movements are made possible streets continue to be deserted.
No one goes to hospitals unless it is an emergency .
Doctors are

Though all movements are made possible streets continue to be deserted.
No one goes to hospitals unless it is an emergency .
Doctors are only availablevonline.
Normally one resident doctor ,nurses , lab technician are available.
This is status of top notch hospital in bangalore

Latest ads

Back