• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Stress relief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sowbagyavathy Renuka, Greetings.

It is quite possible, Kannadasan had Geeta in his mind. (Philosophies in some of his songs are quite compelling. He echoed 'Sidhar songs, Geeta, Pattinathar songs etc in his lyrics).

The folowing song is not only a stress reliever, but also would make one very happy! (Caution - if you have any diet restrictions, this song may not be for you!).

YouTube - ‪kalyana samayal saadham‬‏

Cheers!

Dear Shri. Raghy

You must have definitely heard the song 'பூங்காற்று திரும்புமா என் பாட்ட விரும்புமா' from the movie 'முதல் மரியாதை'!

I don't know whether you would consider it to be a stress relief song or not, but I have it recorded in my cassette and when I listen to it during the night after the lights are switched off, I find it very soothing to the heart!

Here is the song for you - YouTube - ‪Mudhal mariyaathai - Poongaaththu thirumbumaa - Ilaiyaraaja‬‏

Kind regards

Dear sri Raghy,

I think some carnatic ragas have pleasant effect, particularly Anandabhairavi.
Both MMI and DKJ sing this very well. Don't you think so ?

Dear Shri. Raghy

This song when hearing seems to soothe one's heart but at the end (I find that) it leaves one with a heavy heart once again and sighing heavily!!

This song 'மலையோரம் வீசும் காற்று மனதோடு பாடும் பாட்டு' from the film 'பாடு நிலாவே'.

‪Malaiyoram - Paadu Nilave (HQ)‬‏ - YouTube

Kind regards

Dear sri Raghy,

These must be absolutely superb :

‪D.K.Jayaraman-Kapali-Mohanam Pt1of2‬‏ - YouTube

‪D.K.Jayaraman-Kapali-Mohanam Pt2of2‬‏ - YouTube

Please give me your feedback. I will look for some more songs for you.

See how he enjoys singing !

Sri. Ranganathan Sir, Greetings.

I have not been visiting this thread for a few days. Sorry, I missed all the responses in this thread. Yes, Some of the Ragas are very good in relieving stress, coupled with soothing music instruments. I am not well versed in Carnatic music or ragas, but I do enjoy good music. Thanks for posting the songs.

Cheers!

Greetings.

Here is a song, soothing to listen, great to watch too. One doesn't have to live that song, just watching is enough to make someone very happy! ( That பழைய சோறும் வெங்காயமும்.. great combinations!).

‪Uppu Karuvadu song - Mudhalvan‬‏ - YouTube

Cheers!

Dear Shri. Raghy

I love this song and now I know that I posted this reply for wrongly for another song (thinking about this song in my mind) - "It shows many things that are done typically in villages and I feel so much about the many things I have missed!

But luckily I have atleast had my fair share of சில்லு/பாண்டி, பல்லாங்குழி, தயக்கட்டான், கிட்டிப்புள், பம்பரம், கூட்டான்சோறு and making இடிச்ச புளி!"

But the part about dressing the man with ribbon, 'Pottu' and powder - well I did this for my father (not my husband!) and my daughter has done this for my husband :)

Kind regards

Sir,

You may ( may not also ) like this english note - combination of many swaras

‪South indian classical recital of English Note by Sri Madurai Mani Iyer‬‏ - YouTube

Sri.Ranganathan Sir,

I am familiar with the tune. But I have not heard this song ( Not that I listened to many carnatic songs due to my lack of knowledge in carnatic music, anyway). It is a very nice and very popular note indeed.

This is where I heard it first.... ‪Aayiram Kan Pothatho and English Notes‬‏ - YouTube

Thanks for posting Madurai Mani Iyer's vocal.

Cheers!

Sri.Ranganathan Sir, Greetings.

Both the songs posted in posts # 63 and 64 are very nice. It would be very nice to share your personal experiences connected those songs too, please.Kindly share your experiences along with the songs, please. Thank you!

Cheers!

Sri.Ranganathan Sir, Greetings.

Both the songs are soothing and melodious. I enjoyed the melody (although I could not appreciate the meaning due my insufficiency in Hindi language). Thanks for posting them.

Cheers!

Greetings.

It was duruing the time of my apprenticeship. It was the early shift... In the morning about 5 AM, one of my friend was singing a song.. I asked him how he could sing that song, that too so early in the morning! In those days, I used to sing only devotional songs that early in the morning! My friend said, I was too young to understand life... he said, that song was a nice song with a streak of sadness in that... it took a very long time for me to appreciate his words. It turned out, it is one of my favourite songs..

Kokkarakozhi Koovura velai ....Oru Thalai Raagam (1980) - YouTube

Cheers!

Greetings.

Laughter is the best medicine to overcome stressful moments. When I was young, I used to 'translate' Tamizh songs in English and try to sing them in the same tunes... Resulting in some of the ridiculous and hilarious songs! I though I was 'off the planet' with those ridiculous songs, until I came across this gem of a translation!

The song is from the movie 'Baasha', 'நான் ஆட்டோக்காரன்' song.

Here is the song - RBSI - BAASHA - Naa Autokaran Song :) - YouTube

Here is the translation in English - SATHIYASEELAN.S: NAAN AUTOKARAN BAASHA translate to english

(Hint - It woud be a good idea to listen to the song while you read the translation ).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back