• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Stress relief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectable members,

Greetings. It was the time I was living in Canada, away from my loving wife. Pacific கடல் கடந்த காதல்! (She was in Australia). I use to send links to various songs for her listening pleasure.....so did she. She wanted to listen to Marugalera song (thyagaraja)....we were mostly exchanging songs by Yesudas, Sudha Raghunathan, M.S, Bala Murali....

I sent her Marugelara.....needless to say, she loved it! This is why.....

YouTube - Marugelara O' Raghava_Saptapadi.avi

Cheers!

Last edited:
Just a great song.....

Respectable members,

Greetings. I wish to present this great song. Sung by M.G.Sree Kumar, music by Ilayaraja. Movie - adarvam. It is the care shown by father/teacher for the development of the kid. It is a powerful movie too. it is a very nice song with lovely background from 'God's own country'.

YouTube - Poovayi Virinju - Adharvam (1989)

Cheers!

Maha Ganapathim....

Greetings. Sat down to listen few nice songs after a week of night shift; after a week of trying to convince a person that he is not a frog; after a week of agreeing with a person that he sees things and people, hearing voices and assuring him that I am taking him seriously, amoung other things......

I settled down to listen to 'Maha Ganapathim'

Then I realised, I had few choices. Went through all of them. I enjoyed every one of them. Which ever makes you happy....... Maha Ganapathim in different versions.....

YouTube - Kuchipudi dance Mahaganapathim

YouTube - MAHA GANAPATHIM SONG

YouTube - Millenium Stars - Maha Ganapathim

and the evergreen Dasettan....

YouTube - MahaGanapathim

( Nothing is more refreshing than music....).

Cheers!

Marak kudayaal mugammaraikkum mann alla..

Greetings.

This marriage broker tries his level best to find a suitable bride for this young Regi (Reginald). Regi turns down all the girls; no girl is as good as Claire!... frustrated agent, asks Regi to open his mind (onnu ninda manasu thorandho!...Gyan onnu kaanatte!).. So, Regi opens his mind to explain...what that girl is not!

Beautiful scenary; naive expressions.. I just love this song.. (Malayalam. Movie- Manasinakkre).

YouTube - ‪marakkudayaan / MANASSINAKKARE (2003)‬‏

Cheers!

How about this, the best movie song ever:

I don't know whether Mr. Nara says this seriously or in a joking tone :) but MKT's voice is very unique indeed! I have a cassette full of MKT's songs and I love them!

Kind regards

Last edited:
M.K.Thyagaraja Baghavathar belongs to my age and time. He was living in Coimbatore for some time. His story is of one from prince to pauper . A great singer who squandered all the wealth given by God and fame by lavish living. His biography will tell all these in the following Website:

M K T

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

M.K.Thyagaraja Baghavathar belongs to my age and time. He was living in Coimbatore for some time. His story is of one from prince to pauper . A great singer who squandered all the wealth given by God and fame by lavish living. His biography will tell all these in the following Website:

M K T

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Sri.Brahmanyan Sir, Greetings.

Thank you for the link. Contains detailed informations.

Cheers!

Greetings.

I was 19-20 years old. Employed with decent wages and overtime. Future looked like a rose bed. Even, couple of girls were interested! It was the time I was enjoying my youth as much as possible. Everything I touched turned right in those days (seriously... the dies didn't work for others, just danced to my tune! My workbench was stacked with hard to work dies). I could have supplied 'self-confidence' to the whole world!

Once we went to Chennai for a Karate tournament. The night after the tournament, had few beers and decided to watch a movie, night show. That movie was bundle! The acting was less than average. But a song from that movie....... great song. I loved that song!

YouTube - ‪Tamil Movie Song - Karumbu Vil - Meenkodi Theril (Female)‬‏

Cheers!

WOW!!! Oh my dear!

Dear Shri Raghy

This is one of the songs I LOVE and have it recorded in a cassette and listen to it when I drive! But just one difference - it is the male voice - the legend Yesudas!!!

Actually I was thinking of posting this song in the future but you have preceded me!

Oh! Now I just wish for one thing, for us to differ in our preference for just one song :)

Kind Regards

M K T

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

B,

almost all the actors of that era died pauper - MKT, NSK, TAM, PUC, NKV, koko, .. many got their hands dirtied with the lakshmikantham murder case and were never able to revive their careers after that. NSK being the only exception.

my dad used to say, that all these to have a big crowd of hangers on whom these people fed, clothed and drunk/drugged. all of whom disappeared the minute the money ran out.

Sowbagyavathy Valli, Greetings.

Oh! Now I just wish for one thing, for us to differ in our preference for just one song

Here is a song, my favourite from the movie 'En Thambi' (1968, Sivaji movie). I had this song by rote; I used to 'enact this song' at home until I was 28-29! My sister's children and my athimber used to ask for this song.... Chances are you may not have heard it; if you did, you may not like it! By any chance, if you like it too, then you are a written-off case too like me!:loco:

http://www.jointscene.com/php/play.php?songid_list=50945

(Sadharam Theru Koothu).

Cheers!

Last edited:
I wish to add a few sentences on MKT. During his time along with him there were three Cinema Actors who came from Drama Stage, MK Thyagaraja Bhagavathar, TR Mahalingam and PU Chinnappa. All the three were famous singers. Due to this their songs are set to high pitch in the movies too. Almost all movie songs of MKT were penned by Papanasam Sivan and set to music by G.Ramanathan. He was fond of his flowing hair. It is said he refused to cut it even for acting in "Tiruneelakandar".
But his story will reveal the moral "how far money can spoil a person" and impermanence of fame.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Greetings.

Does this song belong to this thread? I don't know. It can be quite debatable. I listened to this song so many times. (I knew this song by rote too). I have n't come across too many persons who liked this song; but, I did. But it does explain my life..... quite closely!

YouTube - ‪ennada pollatha vazhkai‬‏

Cheers!

dear B,

papanasam sivan is another one who died in abject poverty.

i remember when he was given the sangeetha kalanidhi award at music academy in madras. he came in and went back by bus. not one of the rich would even give him a lift.

incidentally his grandson lives in toronto and teaches classical music the bitterness felt by the family, for having sivan being 'used' by the tamil classical and filmi world without adequate compensation, still hurts. :(

Here is a song, my favourite from the movie 'En Thambi' (1968, Sivaji movie). I had this song by rote; I used to 'enact this song' at home until I was 28-29! My sister's children and my athimber used to ask for this song.... Chances are you may not have heard it; if you did, you may not like it! By any chance, if you like it too, then you are a written-off case too like me!
loco.gif

Sorry to say Dear Raghy, but 'Bad Luck' :( - I actually liked that song!! As you rightly guessed I have not heard of it before and this was the first time I listened to it!

I kept smiling while listening to the whole song trying to imagine your enactment :) Oh, wouldn't I love to see you enact for that song!!

It also made me remember how I used to sing and enact for songs during my high school and uni days the most popular one being 'அடுத்தாத்து அம்புஜதப் பார்த்தேளா அவ ஆத்துக்காரர்'!

Kind regards

Shri. Raghy

Does this song belong to this thread? I don't know. It can be quite debatable. I listened to this song so many times. (I knew this song by rote too). I have n't come across too many persons who liked this song; but, I did. But it does explain my life..... quite closely!

This song was very famous during that period along with the other song 'Thapputh Thaalangal' in the same movie. No wonder because both the songs have been written by the great lyricist Kannadasan!

Kind regards

Respectable members, Greetings.

There are some songs just evergreen. In those days, lyrics were very important; Kannadasan was writing songs with a lot of depth. The following song song is a stress reliever, at all times.

YouTube - ‪Kalangalil Aval Vasantham‬‏

( I was working in a small engineering company when I was 17. During one of the night shifts, one of our customers, a youngster was writing a love letter... he solicited my input for the letter.... I remember translating this song for him in English to the best of my knoewledge... don't know the outcome though!).

Cheers!

Respectable members, Greetings.

There are some songs just evergreen. In those days, lyrics were very important; Kannadasan was writing songs with a lot of depth. The following song song is a stress reliever, at all times.

YouTube - ‪Kalangalil Aval Vasantham‬‏

( I was working in a small engineering company when I was 17. During one of the night shifts, one of our customers, a youngster was writing a love letter... he solicited my input for the letter.... I remember translating this song for him in English to the best of my knoewledge... don't know the outcome though!).

Cheers!

Raghy,

This song..I feel has taken some input from Bhagavad Geeta.

Doesnt it say among seasons she is Vasantam and among months she is Maargali just like what Lord Krishna said in Geeta that among the seasons He is Vasant and among the months He is Margashirsha.

I guess Kannadasan had the Geeta in mind when he wrote this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back