• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Standard of students

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

talwan

Recently there was a news in the Channels on some lightening strike by law college students.The issue was with some Govt.Bus driver.
The Bus was over crowded.Some students were standing on the foot board.The driver insisted them to come inside the bus.He kept his hand on the Shoulder of the boy and be inside.The student rang up his friends telling them the driver had ket a hand on him(Em mela Kai vachaanda).
By the time the bus reached Chengleput students had gathered.They beat the driver and condutor.When police came they sit on Dharna insiting action against the Driver.The Sp.of Police asked the to to police station and make a complaint .The students were still adament.Finall the police made cases on both sides.
The point is what the Driver did wrong.Couldn't students behave properly.These are the pupils who are going o be lawers in some years.
What a behavior.I invite every body comments on this standard of students.
Alwan

cant blame them completely.

in every society, youngsters look to glamour and popularity as sources of inspiration ( aka MOVIES majorly ).

afaik, almost all movies here are based on one simple concept - a useless bpl hero , a White colored ( mostly brahman ) heroin , and a Fat , Screaming , powerful rowdy villain.

and almost every such movie sells - that is the problem isn't it - youngsters here ve nothing much to look up to.

the whole theater whistles and screams and enjoys to its fullest - either when the hero kicks a 100 people at the same time ( never mind the hero looking like a match stick and each opponent, a 120 kg ) or when a girl and a boy smooch / ... .

bad inspirations. and lack of alternatives.

when was the last time there was a movie where a boy and a girl remained friends alone ? now a days friendship is some kind of a path to love and recently, making love.

Last edited:
Hello RR,
I watched the Bus Day Video.It is really Disgusting.Would the Authorities not take action to prevent such Nonsense.
Alwan

Hello RR,
I watched the Bus Day Video.It is really Disgusting.Would the Authorities not take action to prevent such Nonsense.
Alwan

and the next day, the dmk youth wing will stage student dharnas everywhere.

as of now, that party is in shambles and all it needs is some kind of a opening to make people face off against JJ.

if the current govt. is smart, it will handle this issue in a different manner.

mass arrests / mass sacking was what kept JJ out for so long - shadowing every other thing she had done last time. I still am wondering how much we would ve suffered if not for her compulsory "rain-water harvesting".

Taking any sort of direct action is just succumbing to the provocation here.

its so complex and it will be someother day like today where we have suddenly become averse to corruption...mental fatigue and boredom of this so predictable behaviour might kill these instincts...once the novelty and the ability to impress people around wears down, things might become normal...

once the novelty and the ability to impress people around wears down, things might become normal...

if you are speaking about the student situation Shri Alwan mentioned, you are right Carvaka ; all these wears down with time, once people stop living through their parents' money and start realising that they need to earn their own rice for their own living and life style.

that is why we dont find thathaas and paattees jumping and dancing and screaming on top of buses :D ...

haha :) niyengar ...true...just imagined how it would have been like...i think you remember the famous thathaa/paaty couple from Ananda Vikatan...Suppu thaathaa?

i.............that is why we dont find thathaas and paattees jumping and dancing and screaming on top of buses ....
If we do not see thAththAs and pAttis jumping and dancing on top of buses, does it justify youngsters doing it?

Just listen to they way the students talk! I am based in SingArach Chennai and I have seen the arrogant behaviour of

students while travelling in city buses ... not just once. Each one thinks he is either Dhanush / Soorya!

:drama:

haha :) niyengar ...true...just imagined how it would have been like...i think you remember the famous thathaa/paaty couple from Ananda Vikatan...Suppu thaathaa?
I just remember Appusswamy Thatha and sita paati of Smt.Bakkiam ramaswamy's stories when you mentioned Suppu,,,,.
Alwan

If we do not see thAththAs and pAttis jumping and dancing on top of buses, does it justify youngsters doing it?

Just listen to they way the students talk! I am based in SingArach Chennai and I have seen the arrogant behaviour of

students while travelling in city buses ... not just once. Each one thinks he is either Dhanush / Soorya!

:drama:
Hello RR,
I think it is the Mass behaviour of each one of them makes them behave like what they are doing.Individually each one of them would be good.But when you are in a mass your behavior changes.If the Authrities can't stop it completely at least they could restrict the students'
Alwan

...Just listen to they way the students talk!
RR, I tried to listen but couldn't clearly hear what they were saying. To me the video only seemed weird -- so many people piled on how come the bus did not comedown due to the load -- not disgusting. I really like to know though, my curiosity is now properly whetted and I don't have to say I am not a cat, I will survive.

Cheers!

One has to live in SingArach Chennai and learn Chennai Senthamizh to know what they say, ...
RR, please, I have lived long enough in Chennai, in the prime of my youth, and visited often enough to not have any romantic ideas -- in fact I have made a vow to self not to go to Chennai again in my life.

I say once again, keeping the volume high enough and straining to make sense out of the noise, I just couldn't decipher what all the fuss is about. I do find the overloaded bus quite weird, but don't understand what the fuss is about what the students are saying.

best ....

RR, please, I have lived long enough in Chennai, in the prime of my youth, and visited often enough to not have any romantic ideas -- in fact I have made a vow to self not to go to Chennai again in my life. .............
Probably a good decision, Prof. Sir! Your time was different, I should say. Have you ever heard such dialogues?

இன்னா மச்சி, ரூட்டு உடுறியா? இல்ல நூலு உடுறியா? சைட்டு அடிக்கத் தெரியாதா மாமு? etc...

Now, coming to bus day celebration: It is celebrated (!) by the students who travel by a particular route to their

college. They take the day off, and board a bus in that route, with a big banner fixed to the bus. They just go about

commenting on anything under the sun and enjoy their day! It is a holiday declared by the students for themselves.

You can imagine how much the public suffer because of such activities. Now what I have deciphered:

'என்னா அராஜகம் பண்ணரானுக பார்டா!'

'கம்மின் கம்மின்' ............ 'இன்னாடா பண்ணிடுவான்?'

'போலீசெல்லாம் பாவம்டா!' ............ 'நீ போ! நீ போ! இன்னம் ஃபுல்லா!'

Here is a detailed video about the 'celebrations' in the years 2006 - 2009 for route 15 G.

There will be a few other routes too that they celebrate!

PACHAIYAPPA'S COLLEGE 15G BUS DAY IN PARRYS ROUTE GUYS 2006-2009 VIJAY ANTONY.3gp - YouTube

Probably a good decision, Prof. Sir! Your time was different, I should say. Have you ever heard such dialogues?

இன்னா மச்சி, ரூட்டு உடுறியா? இல்ல நூலு உடுறியா? சைட்டு அடிக்கத் தெரியாதா மாமு? etc...
Mrs RR, I can't say this is disgusting, really.

Students declaring a holiday on their own and behaving in an unruly fashion is not good, but that is the consequence of politicizing student bodies from a long time. But from what I see in the video, it seems the students are having some fun. If you ask me, letting them vent in a peaceful manner like this is better than setting buses alight as they used to do in the past.

The inconvenience to general public is regrettable, but the general public has been putting up with far worse from the political parties, why hold one-day shenanigans of students as disgusting?

Cheers!

Having fun is better than setting buses ablaze! No doubt about it, Prof. Sir!
But setting buses ablaze also continues for different reasons! :flame:

Nara sir,
I accept the point about students having fun.But pl, look at this fun of busday.It should not be disturbing public,creating incovenience to bus driver,condictor who are answerable to their higher ups and not by taking possession of public property.As you rightly feared if the over load causes some accident then every Hue and cry will be at the Autorities only and not on the students.In our(yours and mine)college we defenitely had fun and not like this.
Alwan

The following was my contribution in the Literature forum under the thread, "Ennudaya Tamizh kavithaigal":

இக்கால (பெரும்பான்மை) இளைஞர்கள்

திரைப்பட நடிகர்களுக்கு திருவிழா எடுப்போம்
தெருவெல்லாம் விளக்குவைக்க திருட்டு மின்சாரம் எடுப்போம்

கொலை, கொள்ளை என்று கொட்டமடிப்போம்; கொண்டாடுவோம்;
கொள்கையென்று எதுவுமின்றி கோவேரிபோல் சுற்றுவோம்

நடிகைகளின் கவர்ச்சியில் நாடித்துடிப்பை வைப்போம்
நாட்டின் நிலைபற்றி நாம் என்றும் கவலைப்படோம்

வகுப்பறையில் ஆசிரியரை வயிறெரிய வைப்போம்
வகைதொகையின்றி வக்கிரம் காட்டுவோம்

தந்தையின் உழைப்பை தவறியும் மதியோம்
தரமான வாழ்வுக்கு தகுதி பெறோம்

தீயவை பயின்று நல்லவை ஒதுக்குவோம்
தீவைத்து பொதுச் சொத்தை அழிப்போம்

காவலர்களுடன் சண்டை; கண்டக்டருடன் சண்டை
கல்லூரியில் சண்டையென காலூன்றி நிற்போம்

ஒழுக்கம் என்பதை ஒப்புக்குக்கூட பயிலோம்
ஒட்டுமொத்த சமூகத்தையும் ஒதுக்கிவைப்போம்

இப்போது சொல்லுங்கள் விவேகானந்தரே....
இவர்களா நீங்கள் கேட்ட இளைஞர்கள்?

10 -02 -2011 அன்று செய்தித் தாளில் வெளியான "பஸ் டே என்ற பெயரில் மாணவர்கள் குத்தாட்டத்தால் ஸ்தம்பித்தது அண்ணா சாலை" என்ற செய்தியை அடிப்படையாகக் கொண்டு எழுதியது இந்தக் கவிதை​

Some similar incident of burning buses also happened some last month in Modinagar UP where a school bus driver had knocked and killed a 9th standard student.
He tried to run away to the police station but was chased by other senior students and many buses were set on fire and even the police station was vandalized by this student mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back