• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Songs..... Beautiful TAMIL songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice song Raghy, really lovely, I had heard this song, but did not know that SPB had acted also in the movie.. nice.. thanks!

Subhalakshmi :)

This is also beautiful and very nicely directed.. was that Geetha?? thanks!

Subhalakshmi :)

Dear Subhalakshmi

Yes, it was Geetha indeed in that song. A very beautiful, melodious song. Thanks for the comment!

Music by Illayaraja and sung by P. Susheela

Regards

This is great song. one of my favourite. Great lyrics....... Not so good action in the movie! So, I am just posting the audio link...

Raaga Jukebox

(movie - Ninaivellam Nithya. 'Pani vizhum malar vanam').

Cheers!

Shri Raghy

All the above three songs are my favourites, particularly 'Andhi mazhai' - just love the opening music bit in that song!

Regards

Dear Kunjuppu

Don't worry about missing Illayaraja songs - you can listen to them anytime. Here is one more from the movie 'Moodupani'. Classic voice by Yesudas!

YouTube - ‪EN INIYA PON NILAAVAE‬‏

Regards

Sowbagyavathy Valli, Greetings.

I was preparing the link for the movie 'Moodu Pani'. (I once listened to that song 'En iniya pon nilave' this morning). Looks like,there is something common in our appreciation of songs. By any chance, do you like the song in the folowing link? I love that song....

YouTube - ‪Podhuvaga enmanasu thangam - Murattu kaalai‬‏

Illayaraja's music is super! I love tharai, thappatai music. Could never have enough it! Last time when we went to our village (last year) after listening to the 'music' my daughter went....'Wow'!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Dear Shri. Raghy

I do like that song. Not only tharai, thappattai I have also started liking 'Urumi Melam' and 'Naiyandi Melam' which are specific to Madurai region!

I was searching for youtube links for tamil film songs which have Urumi Melam in it but not able to find right now! However, I found one song in film 'Paruthi Veeran' - ஊர் ஓரம் புளிய மரம் which is full of that Urumi Melam.

Just enjoy the Urumi Melam sound in it, one may not necessarily like the lyrics!!!

Regards

Shri Raghy

I also like this following song - YouTube - ‪Raman Andalum ravanan andalum.....‬‏ from Mullum Malarum

regards

I don't believe this! I love that song; but not anyone else in my family! They allways wonder 'how one could like that song!' I was in a dilemma ... either to post that Mullum malarum song or the Murattu kalai song in my previous post... ended up posting Murattu kalai... now, you are posting that Mullum Malarum song! It's weird!

By any chance, do you like this song..... YouTube - ‪Nilai marum uulakil from Oomai Vizhigal‬‏ ... I love it!

Cheers!

Dear Kunjuppu

Don't worry about missing Illayaraja songs - you can listen to them anytime. Here is one more from the movie 'Moodupani'. Classic voice by Yesudas!

YouTube - ‪EN INIYA PON NILAAVAE‬‏

Regards

thanks valli.

it is a matter of time. there is only 24 hours a day. it is either to keep up with current movies and songs, or catch up. :)

i am failiar with the numerous sites which pay homae to raja.

btw did you know i had a friend who came from kombai, a samll village in the southern district of tamil nadu.

raja came from a nearby village too. he was a dalit.

my friend was a nadar, and i could not but help digging a bit about the treatment of dalits in her region. she confessed that her family had a well, from where anybody but a dalit can draw water.

there were no brahmins in the village.

raja himself i think, has described his traumatic childhood in rural tamil nadu.

Dear Shri. Raghy

I do like that song. Not only tharai, thappattai I have also started liking 'Urumi Melam' and 'Naiyandi Melam' which are specific to Madurai region!

I was searching for youtube links for tamil film songs which have Urumi Melam in it but not able to find right now! However, I found one song in film 'Paruthi Veeran' - ஊர் ஓரம் புளிய மரம் which is full of that Urumi Melam.

Just enjoy the Urumi Melam sound in it, one may not necessarily like the lyrics!!!

Regards

Part of the music for this song is 'urumi melam'......

YouTube - ‪PATTIKAADA PATTANAMAA -- KETTUKODI URUMI MELAM -TMS & LR EASWARI‬‏

Part of music for this song is Naiyandi melam.....

YouTube - ‪Sivaji Ganeshan - Adi Ennadi‬‏

Cheers!

Dear Shri. Raghy

Thanks for the above links for 'urumi melam' and 'naiyandi melam'. Actually I realise that the song you posted 'Pothuvaga Enmanasu Thangam' also has 'urumi melam' in it!

Regarding the song 'Nilai Maarum Ulagail' - yes, I do like it! I also like the song 'Thoolvi Nilai Ena Ninaiththal'!

Regards

Dear Shri. Raghy

I know this song by heart!! Wonder how? This is one of the songs to which I danced during my high school days! Got to watch this song only much much later - after marriage!

I have a very rare, very mesmerising and melodious song by P. Susheela - can you guess what song it is? It is not easily available and 99% of the time you get only the one sung by T.M. Sounderrajan. Guess what song it is!

Kind Regards

Dear Kunjuppu

I have a very rare, very mesmerising and melodious song by P. Susheela - can you guess what song it is? It is not easily available and 99% of the time you get only the one sung by T.M. Sounderrajan. Guess what song it is!

Kind regards

I have a very rare, very mesmerising and melodious song by P. Susheela - can you guess what song it is? It is not easily available and 99% of the time you get only the one sung by T.M. Sounderrajan.

Well, here is the song that I was talking about - from the movie 'கார்த்திகை தீபம்'

எண்ணப் பறவை சிறகடித்து விண்ணில் பறக்கின்றதா - உன்
இமைகளிலே உறக்கம் வர கண்கள் மறுக்கின்றதா?
ஆஅ ஆஅ அஅஅஅ
அஅஅ ஆஅ அஅஅஆ

தென்றல் பாடும் தாலாட்டில் நீ இன்பம் பெறவில்லையா - இரவு
தீர்ந்திடும் வரையில் விழுத்திருந்தாலே துன்பம் தரவில்லையா
உன் துயர் கண்டால் என்னுயிர் இங்கே துடிப்பது தெரியலையா
உண்மை அறிந்தும் உள்ளம் வருந்த நடப்பது தவறில்லையா? (எண்ணப் பறவை)

ஊஞ்சலைப் போலே பூங்கரம் நீட்டி அருகில் நெருங்கிடவா - உன்னை
உரிமையினாலே குழந்தைப்போலே அள்ளி அணைத்திடவா
அன்னையைப் போலே உன்னுடல் தன்னை வருடிக்கொடுத்திடவா
அமைதியுடன் துயில் கொள்ளும் அழகை ரசித்திடவா? (எண்ணப் பறவை)

Here is the youtube link where the song is sung by TMS - YouTube - ‪Ennap Paravai.wmv‬‏

Here is the link where we can listen to the one sung by P. Susheela - Melody Queen P. Susheela - Tamil - Rare Song 44. It worked for me when I opened this link with 'Mozilla Firefox' and clicked on 'listen' in that page and opened the song with 'Real player'!

Again, I have not seen this movie but I just Love this song!

Regards

Last edited:

I would not have guessed that ' 'கார்த்திகை தீபம்'song. I have never heard that song in TMS voice! I always remember that song only P.Suseela's voice. I would not have guessed it at all.

It is a great, melodious song. Thanks for posting that song.

Cheers!

Dear Shri. Raghy

You are absolutely right! Even I remember that song sung by P. Susheela only, thanks to 'radio' songs during my high school and Uni years!

That song has haunted me ever since and much much later I tried to find at least the film of that song, but with bad luck. Thanks to Internet I found out the film and have ever since tried desperately to listen to the voice of P. Susheela but always TMS comes up!

The second link is the only link I have with me right now to hear that BEAUTIFUL song!

Kind regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back