• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Some silly, childish, selfish, amoral atheists and agnostics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Kala Bairavan:

"when atheists categorize theists either as cheats or as fools, it is natural for the theists to take offense."

Perhaps, so.. but it is totally a side product, if any.. for it is unintentional... you have to believe me on this.

I would like to believe that your statement was unintentional, but I am unable to do so because you have repeatedly said it. You said it again in your latest post.

Your POV, in itself, does not bother me but what confounds me is your refusal to understand and/or accept why your POV can be deemed offensive.

In fact, the Theists believe that they have the protection of the God Almighty who is Omnipresent and Omnipotent.. then, why to take offense on someone else's POV? They have the complete cover of the Almighty! Is it not?

Atheists want the right to offend, but they do not want the theists to have the right to take offense?!

Sorry, that won't do.

Here is a brief summary of my background and experience:

I did....

I did...

I do not see the relevance of this part of your post to your POV.

If it is your claim that religion is NOT necessary for success in life, not many will dispute it. But that was not your POV.

கால பைரவன்;91443 said:
....Atheists want the right to offend, but they do not want the theists to have the right to take offense?!.
Pray tell what is it that the atheists in this forum say that is intentionally nothing but offensive, so much so, that the theists have no option but be offended?

Thank you ...

Dear Kala Bairavan:

"when atheists categorize theists either as cheats or as fools, it is natural for the theists to take offense."

Perhaps, so.. but it is totally a side product, if any.. for it is unintentional... you have to believe me on this.

In fact, the Theists believe that they have the protection of the God Almighty who is Omnipresent and Omnipotent.. then, why to take offense on someone else's POV? They have the complete cover of the Almighty! Is it not?

Here what we write is simply our own POV - from either our own original thinking and/or acquired thru our life experience.

1. I was brought up in a small rural village in the backwaters of Ramnad Taluk in TN under the watchful guidance of orthodox religious parents and villagers. Their life started with God and slowly ended with God, and His name is called upon nearly 20 hours of a day.

2. Around age 19-20, I got my Eureka moment or Revelation after talking to a Godman who cursed me "Nee Naasama Povai, because you are asking too many fundamental questions of religion and the power of God.."

Suddenly, I blurted out "Swamiji, please wait and watch, how I live".

3. My friends and relatives came to know of this Revelation and my confrontation with the all knowing Godman... they all feared that God Almighty will punish me....

They said, I may not pass my B.Sc..... I did pass with flying colors.

They said, I will not get admission to M.Sc..... I did get into a prestigious new M.Sc. program started by Elite Professors.

They said, I will not pass my M. Sc..... I did pass with distinction.

They said, I will not get into a PhD program.....I did get into it, and had my PhD Thesis adjudicated by Japanese and American Scientists. I did publish high quality research papers in refereed international journals of high reputation.

They said I just can't get married... I did get married to the Sweetheart from the Graduate School, a Sweet and Smart TB

They said I will not go to US.... I came to US in late 1979 and I am very successful and happy.

They said I will not have any kids .... I have a daughter (26) and a son (22). Very healthy, pretty and handsome kids.

They said my kids will be dumb and useless because of Secular Household.... My daughter went to Cornell, and son to Stanford!

You see, my life experience is very rich and inspirational... I worked harder than anybody around me for the past 50 years and I am enjoying the fruits of social, political and economic freedoms that anyone can imagine of.

Some men created God Almighty, and all the Organized Religions....it is just a FICTION...a FACADE to hide ones ignorance and/or to control, to dominate and/or to exploit the unsuspecting innocent people!

And..That's my POV.

Peace.

ps. Some of the Theists could now PM Praveen for a ban on me! Lol. That's the power of the Tyranny of the Majority, I suppose. :behindsofa:

Yamaka,

You have done well in the material scale and that's good for you and also your family.

The material scale is not the only well being yardstick around.

Life isnt too hard anymore these days as equal opportunity is available for anyone who is not brain dead.

You said:
Godman who cursed me "Nee Naasama Povai, because you are asking too many fundamental questions of religion and the power of God.."

May be the God man wasn't referring to the material scale.

Yamaka,

You have done well in the material scale and that's good for you and also your family.

The material scale is not the only well being yardstick around.

Life isnt too hard anymore these days as equal opportunity is available for anyone who is not brain dead.

You said:

May be the God man wasn't referring to the material scale.

Renuka:

You are missing the larger picture here, I believe.

Material success is what YOU see... alas.. I see the Moksha - the Enlightenment and Freedom. And the ability to go to the top of the Mount and tell the TRUTH as I see it:

That Man created all the Gods and Iswaras and the myriad Religions! That it is his EGO that he manufactures ILLUSIONS out of thin air!

I know, you will be thinking of your Spiritual World! For me no such world exists, Nor Hell and Heaven! ALL Maya and Fiction.:wave:

I am just one small person among trillion living beings in this planet... I told you I am a Naturalist...

Take care.

Y

Renuka:

You are missing the larger picture here, I believe.

Material success is what YOU see... alas.. I see the Moksha - the Enlightenment and Freedom. And the ability to go to the top of the Mount and tell the TRUTH as I see it:

That Man created all the Gods and Iswaras and the myriad Religions! That it is his EGO that he manufactures ILLUSIONS out of thin air!

I know, you will be thinking of your Spiritual World! For me no such world exists, Nor Hell and Heaven! ALL Maya and Fiction.:wave:

I am just one small person among trillion living beings in this planet... I told you I am a Naturalist...

Take care.

Y

You are indeed enlightened Yamaka..You are the only one here who has attained Moksha and realized that this whole phenomenon world is indeed man made.... hence an Illusion!!!

You are a Jeevan Muktha!!! Yamaka Vazgha!!!

P.S. your words sound like a stanza from the Avadhoota Gita.

Last edited:
கால பைரவன்;91445 said:
The level of bragging that one sees from atheists in this forum is disgusting.

Atheists, please do not take offense. It is only a POV :)

Generalization. Are you implying all

The problem is people do not understand the power of karma and they crib about god not showing his grace to them. Santhana dharma is based on faith. With faith if you pray he is god else he is a stone
Are u telling me people Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and Sri Ramana maharishi were fools and we should take the word of you atheists.please u are mistaken
Atheists are pseudo. I know a popular actor who calls himself a disciple of periyar but he is a staunch believer.

The problem is people do not understand the power of karma and they crib about god not showing his grace to them. Santhana dharma is based on faith. With faith if you pray he is god else he is a stone
Are u telling me people Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and Sri Ramana maharishi were fools and we should take the word of you atheists.please u are mistaken
Atheists are pseudo. I know a popular actor who calls himself a disciple of periyar but he is a staunch believer.

yes and also another actor calls himself an atheist but when his son got married the wedding was full hindu wedding.Hypocrites!!!

I am yet to understand why Sathyarajs daughter is named as Divya and not as Maniammai or tamizhpoonguzhali. Also why is kamals daughter called shruthi and the other akshara - These people should influence their house first and then come out and preach whatever they want to.
Sivakumar on the other hand says keep tamizh names to children but he could not follow it in his own house: His grand daughters name is Dia and his daughters name is brinda
Hypocrites

கால பைரவன்;91443 said:
I would like to believe that your statement was unintentional, but I am unable to do so because you have repeatedly said it. You said it again in your latest post.

Your POV, in itself, does not bother me but what confounds me is your refusal to understand and/or accept why your POV can be deemed offensive.

Atheists want the right to offend, but they do not want the theists to have the right to take offense?!

Sorry, that won't do.

I do not see the relevance of this part of your post to your POV.

If it is your claim that religion is NOT necessary for success in life, not many will dispute it. But that was not your POV.

Dear KB:

1. First I have to remind you that I NEVER ever categorized Theists as " cheats or fools". Perhaps, that's what some of the Theists deduced for themselves... I don't have any control over others who perceive my POV as something offensive.

2. For you, an alternate POV is an offense! It need not be.. But now I can see that my POV can be deemed offensive.

For example, I say I like President Obama; some Republicans take offense.. I have reasons to support my view, which they may not like. What can I do?

Do you expect me to say that I don't like President Obama because my POV can be deemed offensive?

3. Yes, my Summary may look irrelevant to you... I said it to give you an idea of the life experience that shaped my POV..You have the right to call it as bragging... Fine, I take the hit.

My point there is, the Almighty Iswara or the God could have knocked me down at any point in my life, if HE really exists!

My POV is God or Iswara as prescribed by the Holy Books of Vedas, Puranas, Koran, Bible or Torah DOES NOT EXIST... because the whole idea of God and Religion is a concoction of man!

Let me take the wrath of the Gods for what I believe and say...

Peace.

You are indeed enlightened Yamaka..You are the only one here who has attained Moksha and realized that this whole phenomenon world is indeed man made.... hence an Illusion!!!

You are a Jeevan Muktha!!! Yamaka Vazgha!!!

P.S. your words sound like a stanza from the Avadhoota Gita.

How about Vazha Yamakananda! Long live LOLA!!???

Dear Sri Kameshratnam,

Ha. Ha. Good question. But these reformists preach for others only. However, If you go through the names of Tamil Nadu's first Dravidian family you will find almost all the children are christened aptly Nidhis or Selvams.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Kala Bairavan:

Here what we write is simply our own POV - from either our own original thinking and/or acquired thru our life experience.

1. I was brought up in a small rural village in the backwaters of Ramnad Taluk in TN under the watchful guidance of orthodox religious parents and villagers. Their life started with God and slowly ended with God, and His name is called upon nearly 20 hours of a day.

2. Around age 19-20, I got my Eureka moment or Revelation after talking to a Godman who cursed me "Nee Naasama Povai, because you are asking too many fundamental questions of religion and the power of God.."

3. My friends and relatives came to know of this Revelation and my confrontation with the all knowing Godman... they all feared that God Almighty will punish me....

They said, I will not get admission to M.Sc..... I did get into a prestigious new M.Sc. program started by Elite Professors.

They said, I will not get into a PhD program.....I did get into it, and had my PhD Thesis adjudicated by Japanese and American Scientists. I did publish high quality research papers in refereed international journals of high reputation.

They said I just can't get married... I did get married to the Sweetheart from the Graduate School, a Sweet and Smart TB

They said I will not go to US.... I came to US in late 1979 and I am very successful and happy.

They said I will not have any kids .... I have a daughter (26) and a son (22). Very healthy, pretty and handsome kids.

They said my kids will be dumb and useless because of Secular Household.... My daughter went to Cornell, and son to Stanford!

You see, my life experience is very rich and inspirational... I worked harder than anybody around me for the past 50 years and I am enjoying the fruits of social, political and economic freedoms that anyone can imagine of.

Some men created God Almighty, and all the Organized Religions....it is just a FICTION...a FACADE to hide ones ignorance and/or to control, to dominate and/or to exploit the unsuspecting innocent people!

And..That's my POV.

Peace.

ps. Some of the Theists could now PM Praveen for a ban on me! Lol. That's the power of the Tyranny of the Majority, I suppose. :behindsofa:

DrY -

1. I would stop letting imagination run wild - there is no tyranny, there is no majority here. 'Be fearless' I would say!

2. Though many people I know do not think much of 3-year PhDs granted in India and some places in Europe (escaping qualifiers and with immaturity to conduct independent research when the degree is awarded) I will call you Dr Y since that is the tradition. I am reminded about your views about MBBS earned by people being not entitled to be called a Dr. since they only spend 5 years in college. I am not applying your criteria.
icon7.png

2. I am not sure who 'they are' - looks like you are still fighting to prove 'they are wrong' after 40+ years ! I would let go about proving anyone with 'wait and watch'! Besides they do not exist now. One cant be truly free IMHO if One cant let go one's need to prove anything to anyone
icon7.png

3. Mature Hindus are not taught to fear God - that is why *forms* as child also have temples (Murugan , Krishna etc). Fearlessness is key message in the Vedas. Sri Vivekananda in his address to non-Hindu audience explains this really well.

Since you were brought up in a non-Hindu family, you were raised with a focus on vengeful and angry notion of God, IMO. One has to let go that concept of God to l be truly free LoL !

4. I do not know about other religious teachings well but I know that mature Hindus do not use their views of God to interfere with doing their best using the free will they are blessed with to be ultimately responsible for their choices and actions. They only pray to be fearless towards hidden variables that impact all of us. All mature people know that there are many variables that we are unaware of but do contribute to our success and failure.

With the talent and opportunities that was presented to you I am truly happy that you have made great living. I hope you do think about those ignorant people of Ramnad Taluk and help them when you get a chance - best way to show them that you have made it LoL

Regards

Dear KB:

My point there is, the Almighty Iswara or the God could have knocked me down at any point in my life, if HE really exists!

My POV is God or Iswara as prescribed by the Holy Books of Vedas, Puranas, Koran, Bible or Torah DOES NOT EXIST... because the whole idea of God and Religion is a concoction of man!

Let me take the wrath of the Gods for what I believe and say...

Peace.

God will not knock you down simply because you don't believe him and have accummulated only Money & material comforts. God will knock you down only if you ruin others, spoil others and be cruel and inhuman.

God will not be wrathful to you for what you believe and say. At the most GOD may enlighten you with truth..

Dear Kala Bairavan:

And..That's my POV.

Peace.

Dear Yamaka,

You have done well in material aspects of life. But why do you bring in God concept into the picture? Is it your case that you are successful only because you are an atheist? There are many other theists also who have done well in life and yet they believe in the existence of God. You have mentioned about your success in life earlier also. Are you secretly wondering whether you deserve all these successes? You have said "You see, my life experience is very rich and inspirational...". Inspiration is for others to take. May be your children have taken inspiration from your life and may prove to be great successes in their life as they live it. I have this slogan prominently displayed on my study table: "If you are so intelligent why are you not the richest man in this country?" I don't mean any offence. Take it easy. You have many people around who have experiences similar to yours and more, living quietly not wanting anything more.

Cheers.

Yamaka you wrote :

There is only one way you can get knocked down by Iswara.You know in Malaysia the local made car I drive is called ISWARA.

Just for Info:Names of made in malaysia cars models (made by PROTON)

Iswara
Satria
Perdana
Putra
Wira
Gen 2
Exora

Last edited:
Dear Yamaka,

I have asked you this question once earlier. I am not sure whether you had seen my question or not. So I repeat it here. Will you please answer?

Around age 19-20, I got my Eureka moment or Revelation after talking to a Godman who cursed me "Nee Naasama Povai, because you are asking too many fundamental questions of religion and the power of God.."

May I know what were those fundamental questions you asked that god man.

Cheers.

Dear Yamaka,

I have asked you this question once earlier. I am not sure whether you had seen my question or not. So I repeat it here. Will you please answer?

May I know what were those fundamental questions you asked that god man.

Cheers.

I was just thinking of the same!!!!!!! That, why Mr.Y ignored to reply the above question of Mr.R? When this gonna be repeated and the answer would be solicited?

Why should God knock you down? To prove his existence? Come on friend, you are far more grown up than to act like Omakuchi Narasimman challenging the hero to prove his strength. God never bothers to prove his existence.

My POV is God or Iswara as prescribed by the Holy Books of Vedas, Puranas, Koran, Bible or Torah DOES NOT EXIST... because the whole idea of God and Religion is a concoction of man! Let me take the wrath of the Gods for what I believe and say...Peace.

It is your POV and it is your civil right. Hold it tight. God's wrath wont befall you if you are true to your self.

Cheers.

Dear KB:

1. First I have to remind you that I NEVER ever categorized Theists as " cheats or fools". Perhaps, that's what some of the Theists deduced for themselves... I don't have any control over others who perceive my POV as something offensive.

Dear Yamaka,

when you say that religion is a con job perpetrated on unsuspecting people, you imply as much.

If one wants to reach out to the other side, one needs to take into account their perceptions and sensibilities.

Yamaka said:

There was never a war :)

Dear Theists:

I know I have ruffled your feathers a little bit..by writing a small Summary of my life.

1. Yes, every turn of the way, Theists challenged me "Look, Y. You are digging your own grave by challenging the authenticity of the awesome power of God and Religion, which has been there for millions of years... Watch out".

I always replied, " Catch me...Watch me how I steer my life... for I am the Master of my own Destiny".

You may say that I am arrogant and ignorant and all the nice words this Thread shows at the top! Be my guest.

2. A full Disclosure: If my POV and my style ( a very anally compulsive, abrasive style) rubs the wrong nerve in you, I must regret for the unintended consequences...

Talking of unintended consequences -

Although Godism and Religions have been such a pathological force in the Society, it has fostered the soulful Music and Performing Arts in and around Temples, Churches and Mosques.

Case in point, MS Viswanathan, Illaya Raja and AR Rahman are all deeply religious people; they believe that their God and Religion has helped them to meditate well to get the best out of their creative arts - the Music.

My view is, they know how to FOCUS like a laser on the matter on hand: they yearn to bring out some thing NEW and NOVEL, and mostly they succeed. This would have happened whether or not they believe in God and their Religion, IMO.

Most probably, they all will disagree with me... that's fine too.

In my profession, we always talk about earning the Bragging Rights.... sometimes, I am carried away too much by the winds of sarcasm...

Take care.

Y

நாஸ்திகர் ஆஸ்திகர் என்பது ஒரு விதமான பிரிவு அல்லது நம்பிக்கை. கடவுளை அல்லது ஒரு நம்பிக்கையை பழிப்பது நாஸ்திகம் என்றால் எனது நண்பன் வைணவன் விஷ்ணு அல்லது தசாவதாரத்தில் உள்ளவர்கள் மட்டுமே கடவுள் மற்றவை எல்லாம் ஒண்ணுமில்லை என்பான். பிள்ளையாரை மட்டும் தும்பிக்கை ஆழ்வார் என்பான். பெருமாளை சேவிக்காமல் சாப்பிடமாட்டான். ஏகாதசி என்றால் துளசி யும் தண்ணீரும் தவிர வேறு எதையும் சாப்பிடமாட்டான்.
என்னுடன் ஒரு முறை தென் இந்தியா டூர் வந்தபோது மதுரை மீனக்ஷி கோவிலுக்கும் வரவில்லை தஞ்சை சிவன் கோவிலுகுள்ளேயும் வரவில்லை. திருச்சியில் மலை கோட்டை க்கு வந்தான் நாங்கள் எல்லாம் ஸ்ரீரங்கம் ரங்கனை சேவித்து விட்டு திருவனைகோவில்
சென்ற போது எங்களுடன் வராமல் திரும்ப ரங்கனை சேவிக்க போய் விட்டான். சிவன் பார்வதி முருகன் என்று எல்லா கடவுளையும் கிண்டல் அடிப்பான். நாங்க திரும்ப ராமன் கிருஷ்ணன் நு கிண்டல் அடிச்சா ஒரு வாரத்துக்கு பேச மாட்டான்.
விபூதி பாத்து என்ன நெத்தில சுண்ணாம்பு அடிச்ருக்கே ன்னு கிண்டல் அடிப்பான். Naamam நேர் கோடா நேர வைகுண்டதுக்கே வழி என்பான். செத்தா நீ கைலாசம் போவேன்னு சொன்னா எனக்கு வைகுண்டம் தான் போகணும் இல்லேன்னா நரகத்துக்கு போறேன் ன்னு சொல்வான்.
ஆமாம் இவன் நாஸ்திகனா இல்லே ஆஸ்திகனா சொல்லுங்களேன் ப்ளீஸ்.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back