• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Solutions to the community's problem of digging its own grave

Status
Not open for further replies.
# 97
Shri Vaagmi,
We are making a mountain out of a mole-hill when we spend too much time in discussing IC marriages as they are still a small percentage of the total number of marriages in the community.

The previous thread (Is the community digging its own grave) was started by me as even in traditionally Conservative Chennai IC marriages have started in a big way in the last 4-5 years..The example that I quoted in post # 1 in that thread was real one..About 30-40% of girls are marrying IC..In other cities such as Bangalore/Delhi etc it is much higher

Sir, I am with you.
How do we get off the subject of CASTE?

In this forum you just cant get out of it. In the other thread you are participating in, titled "Faith Vs. Reason" the vedas have already made their presence felt.

What is your guess as to how many posts it would take to venture into the familiar arena of vedas being exclusive to brahmins, brahmins practicing exclusivity etc and the routine stuff on caste, superior birth, equality, discrimination etc?

Sir, I am with you.
How do we get off the subject of CASTE?
It may not be practical to get off the subject, as you see, the forum name itself, even when unintended, is on caste lines.

It is similar to a linguistically divided India while asking people not to speak about language differences.

Any union if it is between compatible persons will cause synergy in various factors that can aid one to be happier because of the relationship. If it is not between compatible persons there would be no synergy and if it is between incompatible persons the relationship will in fact diminish the happiness of the two persons. Compatibility happens in at least two different levels, at the superficial personal level, and more strongly at the cultural level. Those who say that compatibility between two individuals is what that matters should realize that incompatible cultures would be the real bottleneck in making the relationship a success.

There was a discussion in the previous thread on culture finding representation in one's genes and I think the discussion is important if we are to understand how a marriage can fail even with seeming compatibility between the partners.

Last edited:
...The number of IC marriages in which brahmins girls opt for NB boys are matched also by the number of IC marriages in which brahmins boys marry NB girls.
Well, this is what I said and wondered why we are talking only about girls and Ravi castigated me that I got the ground reality all wrong!!!

Though protestants and catholics are different factions subscribing to diametrically opposite idea about what is christianity, they do speak about unity.
Yes, of course, that is why they were at each others throats, literally, no more than about 20 years ago?!! Some factions of the Protestants openly say the Pope is the Devil incarnate. Anyway, what was proposed by vgane was not just live and let live type of unity, he wants a common unified Brahmin culture into which all Brahmins will shed their sub-caste identity and merge. This is what I was commenting on.

There is a factual error here. Samasrayanam and Bharanyasam are two important symbolic samskarams for SVs. Thenkalais do not consider bharanyasam as anathema as claimed here. They say they do that bharanyasam right at the time of the samasrayanam and so they do not require to do that separately as the vadakalais do. Let us understand the faith better before coming to criticise it even if we may not believe in it.
There is no factual error. Here is what I said, "thenkalais consider Bharanyasam of Vadkalai anathema." Read carefully -- I have highlighted the key phrase -- and you will see that what I said is 100% correct. Ask any knowledgeable Thenkalai. They have the whole theory of Cat and Monkey theory to explain this very thing I said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back