• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

So Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
It so happened with one of my German counter part,who visited India in 2007.
He came to Chennai on an official visit and I was made to accompony him for the discussion and all that.
Every morning we use to start moving to places like Oragadam and other places meant for Auto ancilleries.
Return late in the Evening and like any other German he used to have a Booze and a heavy Dinner.
I use to accompany him for all other things except his food.
Once he asked me that he want to try an Indian Food for his Dinner.
I promptly took him to Saravana Bhavan near Egmore and he was impressed with Rasam, Mor and ofcourse Appalam. His regular dinner for next few days was with one cup of rice 2 to 3 cups of Rasam and 3 to 4 cups of Mor with half a dozen Appalam. ( which was much more expensive than Full Special meal ).
He was so much impressed with Appalam and want his Girl friend at Austria to try that.
Accordingly we approched one Applam Store at Triplicane and I translated every his requirement to the Shop keeper.
He insisted for better packing and was prepared to pay extra for the packing alone.
Shop owner told me that he will use porasa elai between as appalm and pack it.
As my German friend had programs at Delhi and Pune, he requested the Shop owner to hand over the parcel to our official Courier at Chennai. Every thing went on well and my Friend's Girl friend at Austria thanked me over phone about receipt of parcel and she also apprciated the taste of applam.
My friend after tour of North India returned back to Chennai for conclusion of his trip and was flying back to Germany.
I casually asked him about the appalam and informed him the feed back from his Girlfriend.
He didnot show any interest and when I asked him for few more pockets of Appalam for him to carry it to Germany, he sadly replied that his Girl friend was not happy with appalam and showed her mail. It was reading like this.
Thanks for the Indian Gift.
Like any other indian dish this was not Spicy why it does not have any taste at all. Am adding salt and pepper to the dish after frying in oven and consuming. Ofcourse the light green color of the dish was O.K. Then the plastic type of Packing material sent along with the Applam was really nice and am preserving those for you.
Intially I was shocked then I couldnot control my Laugh.
What that Girl have done was She has fried the porasaelai and ate that with salt and Pepper.
The Real appalam , she was of the opinion that is the packing material and preserved it.
When I explained to my friend even he couldn't control his laugh and carried a dozen pockets of appalam with him.

u know something
foreign people
like american love to eat appalam
they feel energetic eating rasam
one my friend
come here to learn how to make rasam
and open one stall in canada
miracle energetic soup using rasam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back