• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Silence is the right answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• pannvalan0004.jpg
    pannvalan0004.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 307
Sri Pannvalan,

Please translate your poem in English so that all our members understand it. Since you have composed this poem, it will be nice if you translate it.

It is a wonderful poem conveying excellent message.

All the best

It appears to me that Shri Pannvalan is a great person but the trouble is that he thinks he is greater than he actually is!! That is why this unsolicited advice from the Most High.

Looks like the poem has touched a raw nerve in some members. I agree with Shri. Panvalan. Good poem. In certain situations, silence is golden. Where Tarka (argument) leads to Vitarka (reasoning) it is fine but when it leads to Kutarka nothing is better than silence. A kutarki has to realise the truth himself by experience. Nothing is going to convince him.

This was posted on 6 July No response at that time except only one by me! It was ignored But after about 20 days today there seem be sudden interest and is flooded with response one senior member opting to leave the forum after his response to this this morning. Do I smell something? Like stock market,sudden interest in any ignored share is always fishy. It is not good for the forum Jambu:doh:

Last edited:
Looks like the poem has touched a raw nerve in some members. I agree with Shri. Panvalan. Good poem. In certain situations, silence is golden. Where Tarka (argument) leads to Vitarka (reasoning) it is fine but when it leads to Kutarka nothing is better than silence. A kutarki has to realise the truth himself by experience. Nothing is going to convince him.

but by the minute the silence becomes more pregnant eh!!!

... In certain situations, silence is golden. Where Tarka (argument) leads to Vitarka (reasoning) it is fine but when it leads to Kutarka nothing is better than silence. A kutarki has to realise the truth himself by experience. Nothing is going to convince him.

Dear Anand, I agree with the principle that when kutarkam is presented as valid argument, silence is golden. I have myself done this often. But, in this instance, lack of good arguments for a reasonable question is at the root of this silence and an attempt is being made to pass it as a dignified silence in the face of kutarkam.

I have been railing against this type of innuendos and veiled attacks for some time now. It lacks basic decency.

Anyway, let me keep croaking and let the exalted here respond with self-righteous silence.

Cheers!

... But, in this instance, lack of good arguments for a reasonable question is at the root of this silence and an attempt is being made to pass it as a dignified silence in the face of kutarkam.

I have been railing against this type of innuendos and veiled attacks for some time now. It lacks basic decency.

Anyway, let me keep croaking and let the exalted here respond with self-righteous silence.

Cheers!
Dear Nara,

Since this was started as a new thread I got the impression that the poem (and the advice contained therein) were due to some sudden inspiration and that the person posting wanted complete silence in this forum. Are you sure it is really what you presume it to be? If so should it not have been posted in the appropriate thread at least?

...Are you sure it is really what you presume it to be? If so should it not have been posted in the appropriate thread at least?

Dear Shri sangom,

How can I be sure :)? To leave people guessing is the very intent of this tactic.

I read somewhere yesterday -- I have already forgotten where :( -- there was this woman under burqua with only her beautiful eyes showing, and the men around were going crazy, wanting to see the whole deal. When she pulled her veil back -- in real life the veil may not come off, but this is only a story -- her mouth was crooked and nose bent. This is the shape of the arguments not presented up front and transparent.

To answer your question, when Shri Panvalan posted this poem there was some sharp exchange going on elsewhere, I don't recall exactly what it was, but I remember having a chuckle thinking it was directed at me. At this point, IMO, this poem has been dusted up in response to the following passage from Smt. HH's post.
But how about those who provide the “spiritual justification” for social-discrimination? What should be done with them? How are they to be dealt with? Legally ? Socially ? Spiritually? Since you are 'brahmins', please discuss this within yourselves. Esp those who want to expose 'frauds' (i suppose some of you also wear similar sunglasses to blind yourself to what really is the biggest 'spiritual fraud' on earth).
This was immediately followed by this from uvsharma addressed to RVR;
Again certain elements seems to provoke you. Please ignore such elements.
Ignoring is the best form of insulting.
Exchanges like these create ill-feelings and sweeping them under the rug allows it to fester and come bursting out at later times. In these instances, silence is not golden, IMO. I think this whole episode is an unfortunate one, and even more unfortunate is some bystanders are egging on the conflict.

I wish RVR and HH will go head-to-head, in a civil and decent manner, and iron out the ill feelings, even if it means agreeing to disagree. We don't have to agree on everything to be friends. I think there are many well-wishers of both RVR and HH in this forum who would only happily welcome a reconciliation.

Hope this explains Shri sangom,

Cheers!

Thank you. I don't know why our members are fighting shy when it comes to admitting "I don't have an answer". Such a practice will enhance the credibility of discussions.

ok, i give up. i cannot decipher the innuendos and moral preaching here.

if this is meant about swami quitting the forum, i think we should atleast discuss it. it is upto swami to stay or quit. that we cannot control.

but swami has had an immense influence since he joined us. he took the initiative to offer free astrology, and focussed the forum activities towards finding mates for our lads and lassies . i think we have developed a good organization skills to conduct these swayamvarams, thanks to the effort of a few of our committed folks, of whom swami too was one.

it is interesting that swami made a comment on this thread, after quitting. so, he is only practising the path of our many folks here who have 'quit' or 'threatened to quit'.

my own gut feeling is this: at various points, partly or maybe mostly due to a state of mind at that moment or on that particular day, the last straw on an often irritated camel causes it to fall. so what if our egos are bruised. they heal, though they may leave scabs or scars.

those scabs & scars should be a reminder for us, as a sign of what happens we cross certain lines that we have drawn for ourselves, and in the context of which we have flourished. stellar examples would be happy hindu's sole stand against jamadagneya or swami's enthusiastic commitment for swayamvarams.

now if these folks find some act of the moderators or other members insultful to them, i think, the right way to deal with this, is to first accept authority with grace and pursue on, from within. for only from within one can effect change. if you are gone, soon you are forgotten and all those well meaning efforts, enjoyments, verbal massages and mental calisthenics, have all gone to waste - efforts without fructification.

this is not an appeal either for happy hindu or swami to join back this rollicking family. God alone knows that i do not have such eminence to ballast forth such pompous appeals, which should be heard and adhered to. but this note, is a caution, to the remnants of us - when we write, we should remember that we are all GUESTs of this forum owned and operated by praveen.

at one point or the other, all of us have heaped praises on praveen. in the context of his goals of this forum, we have to abide by his judgements. to be fair to praveen, i have not seen one iota or change of appearance or direction, done unilaterally. on every instance he has sought feedback from many of us - sometimes from me too :)

praveen has pulled me up. he has without any explanation kicked me out of moderation, for which i was very happy. i enjoyed swami and his antics here. it was a rich addition to our diversity, though i have observed, many have not felt similarly. but that too is ok.

happy hindu is the sole leftover of the hindu tribe, which i wish myself to belong - she of no caste but a more ardent and literate hindu than yours truly. most of her philosophical discussions are beyond the grasp of this mandu, but on the other hand, i have had several warm tete-a-tetes here with her.

it is important that we have the diversity of views. including that of pannvalan and his high sounding poems and well thought out ideas on several subjects. what is a failure of many such folks, is their inability to take a slingshot - sharp, maybe unfair or questionable but coming from the moderator or owner.

in such cases, i would suggest, just apply some teflon ointment, grin and move on. very soon it is forgotten, and we are on to bigger and better things.

when folks of a certain persuasion, send me a pm, indicating a wish to quit, i cajole them with the arguement that if they quit, there is no one else to carry their cause. for example, nara is the vanguard to fight openly in this forum against casteism. in the past few weeks, after so much effort, i find he has allies to this cause. QED.

personally, what i enjoy most, is sometimes on short fuse, i pen many obtuse remarks, knowing in the background that this is sure to raise sh*t. i read the shit, my ears may burn for a minute or two. if i feel an apology is due (most cases it is) and then read other posts, where i can find commonality and conviviality with the same person with whom i recently jousted.

making up is a lot of fun, and very soon, always, always, we are back to playing tweedledum/tweedledee :)

one point i agree with nara - silence without explanataion is no silence at all. it is akin to the sharp screem which resonates in our ears and refuses to go away - a relative of mine calls it arguementative tympanitis.

having blurbed all this, let us see, where this thread on silence takes us further.

:)

Last edited:
having blurbed all this, let us see, where this thread on silence takes us further.

:)
Last edited by kunjuppu; Yesterday at 11:13 PM.​

What the poet coveys in so many line my பாட்டி put it in a single line "மலையபாத்து நாய் கொலச்சதா நெநச்சு சும்மா இருக்கணும் " It should not affect you சும்மா இருத்தலே சுகம் (சிவம்? சவம் ? ) Jambu:pray:

Last edited:
hi folks,
i have doubt why swamiji left without any warning....till yesterday just thought abt a special swayamvaram for disabled/widower etc...
wht happened for this sudden decision.....i feel somewhere fishy?....i may be wrong...here joining/quitting as purely volunteer....
but some where something wrong?.....there are always conservatives/ liberal views every where.....this may be his personal choice....
but here we are well matured and welll experienced in life.....many are middle age group....even some are grandpa....opinion differs..
many different color flowers makes a beautiful garland than a monopoly flower.....even i have many different opinions with individuals/
threads....either sometimes i ignore them or i never give importance.......my 2 cents....but i noticed 1 thing..i think his last post serial
#777....is it peculiar number?...any way i miss him....nobody is indispensible....

regards
tbs

Last edited:
I am going to leave the reply from Kunjuppu and tbs stay. I do not want to add anything more to what i have already replied in that thread of Mr. Sharma.

I merely want to quote what Kunjuppu has said.

now if these folks find some act of the moderators or other members insultful to them, i think, the right way to deal with this, is to first accept authority with grace and pursue on, from within. for only from within one can effect change.

It was Mr.Sharma's decision to quit and no one asked/forced him to leave.

why swamiji left without any warning

I would appreciate that you let me know if you come to know the reason. I am on the same boat as you are on this.

I would also appreciate if the matter is left to rest as is and not keep discussing about it. No point in us discussing an individual's decision. He would have thought about it well before doing so.

ps: thank you Kunjuppu :)

I would also appreciate if the matter is left to rest as is and not keep discussing about it. No point in us discussing an individual's decision. He would have thought about it well before doing so.

ps: thank you Kunjuppu :) C

OK let us not undertake postmortem on Individuals decision. But should we not ponder about the reasons behind that decision in the larger interest of the forum and try to avoid them in future? Jambu

now,i feel,whether i posted the software details of a ladys kaltharam dosham query,has upset ss.if so,i will delete my post.ss,i generally tell ppl about jatakam even offline,its my hobby.if i have offended you,plz tell me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back