• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Waiting on dead bodies: Stories of cops who deal with gruesome deaths in silence

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Waiting on dead bodies: Stories of cops who deal with gruesome deaths in silence

Once, I spent the night right next to the body. I was scared. Can I tell my wife and kids about this?

Police_dead_bodies%20PTI%203x2.jpg

When Chikkanna was recruited as a constable in the Karnataka Police in 1988, his father tried to dissuade him from taking up the job. “Why do you want to wait on dead bodies?” his father asked him. “But what was there to do in the village? A constable’s job was still a job,” Chikkanna recalls. With no idea of what police work involved, he came to Bengaluru from a village in Ramnagara district in southern Karnataka.

Once he completed his training and was posted in Bengaluru, his wife joined him in the city. Soon, he discovered why the job is colloquially referred to as “hena kayuva kelsa” or “waiting on dead bodies”. It was meant literally.

Chikkanna recalls the case of a young man who fell into a well and died in Bengaluru 20 years ago. “Our ACP found an address on his shirt. He was working here but was from Balehonnur, Chikmagalur district. It took the relatives a week to come and take the body,” Chikkanna recalls.

Read more at: http://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...es-cops-who-deal-gruesome-deaths-silence-4675

Last edited by a moderator:
quite a job it is keeping guard of dead bodies! Have watched it as a funny seen in many movies, never thought it to be so difficult. One needs a lot of courage and a tough mental frame to get on...

hi

when i was in army..during kargil war time..many dead bodies were lying on ground...its horrible...i came across many times....

even when i was young boy...i never go to cremation area...its more fearful and very sorrow....but in army....we used

to stay whole in night cremation ground and once we put tent in cremation ground in rajasthan...

Dear Mr. tbs, Since you were in the Army during Kargil, you have mentioned the inevitability of getting used to killings & also see closely the dead bodies & other paraphernalia,, following the same,. & spending the night in a tent put up in cremation ground , in Rajasthan. These must have been part of Duty in the Army service , which is otherwise, an honourable duty to the Nation. .
I remember my uncle's son , who was jobless in 1950, at Sriangam & he ,on his own went to Police recruiting center at Trichy & became a constable, We , relatives felt bad, but, before we could come to reality, he told when he came home narrated that , he, as a constable was posted on the Rly line for 24 hrs to guard a dead body , met with a fast train ?
It is such a thing even tell other relatives in those days the same as none had the mind to accept the same ?
Note In the course of next few years, he was asked to work , unofficially as a Writer ,since he Besides he was S.S.L.C failed . Besides was tall & had good build.
He was a simple person, helpful to all & he come up in life well.

rishikesan ( A. Srinivasan)

Seiyum thoshile deivam; athil thiramaithan namadhu selvam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back