• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Should makeup be banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Kunjjupu,

I will give you an example how inaccurate Google Translate is..

Ok if you type this line: kau orang bongok betul(which means you guys are dumb)

the translate comes as :you the right bongok..

See what I mean..there are different dialects in Malay which are not in Google Translate.

Last edited:
ravi,

i find that one of the enlightened attitudes re widowhood, is that these days i see tambram women continue to wear the bottu, albeit subdued, after losing their husband.

i have seen woman even in their 70s continue, while those widowed in their 30s, dressup and partake in all social functions as equals.

i am happy that the word amangali and the nasty connotations that went with it, is now history, to the best of my knowledge. a shameful chapter in the way we treated our womenfolk.

Does anyone know the number of 'beauty parlours' for men in SingArach Chennai??

If men need make up, why not women??

Want to share a joke...

The baby of an actress cried a lot and when someone asked the reason, the answer came:

'The baby saw her mother without make-up'!! :baby: . . :fear:

ravi,

i find that one of the enlightened attitudes re widowhood, is that these days i see tambram women continue to wear the bottu, albeit subdued, after losing their husband.

i have seen woman even in their 70s continue, while those widowed in their 30s, dressup and partake in all social functions as equals.

i am happy that the word amangali and the nasty connotations that went with it, is now history, to the best of my knowledge. a shameful chapter in the way we treated our womenfolk.

Shri Kunuppu,

Please be noted that I am not behind Sumangli/Amangli status of a lady and how should she dress up accordingly.

I have no idea as how you got an impression that I need to be explained about olden days attrocities and what should be the ideal and fair livelihood of today's women???

Please try to read the post of Renuka, who refered to Sumangli status in her post NO.163 for some fun. My posts followed after her's, just for fun..

I would appreciate if you read all the posts and than enlighten me, if I am wrong.

Thank you.

Shri Kunuppu,

Please be noted that I am not behind Sumangli/Amangli status of a lady and how should she dress up accordingly.

I have no idea as how you got an impression that I need to be explained about olden days attrocities and what should be the ideal and fair livelihood of today's women???

Please try to read the post of Renuka, who refered to Sumangli status in her post NO.163 for some fun. My posts followed after her's, just for fun..

I would appreciate if you read all the posts and than enlighten me, if I am wrong.

Thank you.

dear ravi,

i never said you were into sumangali/amangali status or dress code restrictions. please let me know where i implied that, and i will change to reword my post more clrarly.

i thought i will adress my post to you, more because you used the term sumangali/amangali, and something about theose words clicked within me. but at no time, my post was meant as a comment on your beliefs.

please clarify and i will reword. or you can reword my post and publish it, so that it can still be addressed to you, but does not imply or pass on judgement hurtful to you.

thank you.

below, i reprint my post....as i can see it, it is a general observation of our changing mores. no more or no less.

ravi,

nowadays,i find women with or without make up a source of joy.i think i am becoming polygamous again :) but the sad part is no woman finds me attractive and literally run & shun away from me.maybe its my damn cologne :(

dear ravi,

i never said you were into sumangali/amangali status or dress code restrictions. please let me know where i implied that, and i will change to reword my post more clrarly.

i thought i will adress my post to you, more because you used the term sumangali/amangali, and something about theose words clicked within me. but at no time, my post was meant as a comment on your beliefs.

please clarify and i will reword. or you can reword my post and publish it, so that it can still be addressed to you, but does not imply or pass on judgement hurtful to you.

thank you.

below, i reprint my post....

ravi,

Thank you for your clarification, Shri Kunjuppu...

This is the thread that got nothing to do with Sumangli/Amangli livelihood of a lady. What all were exchanged were only for fun, after a lady refered to "Dheerga Sumangli Bhava". In context of that some posts followed purely for FUN, leg pulling.

But when you took the efforts to focus on the olden days attracities and how the ideal and fair livilihood of today's women have helped men folks close the shamful chapters of olden era, it does gives a serious impressions expressed against the ideas of exclusive identity of Sumangli/Amangli in these generations. Where this thread has nothing to do with such subject and the posts that Renuka and myself posted referring to such terms were only for FUN.

So was my following posts...Thank you once again to have clarified from your end.

Dear Raju ji,

Full form of the greeting is Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

You know I cant really give you a translation on what Amala and I wrote..its too funny..you wont be able to stop laughing!!! LOL

Dear Renuka,

Right now I am busy. When I get time I will find out what you two have said to each other. Just as you got what I had posted. Cheers.

Dr Renu -

Dr Barani needs a nice Tamil girl who will be singing songs like this
icon7.png

Men have needs you know ....
icon7.png

its just not men but also women have needs,in my experiance :) most men are open about it,some women are very coy and use men as toy :)

Men need Women. Women need Men's Wallets!

i wish i can agree with you wholeheartedly,but the scenarios nowadays with both men & women working,and both adorning makeups and putting an act ,so that they earn for their happiness,makes it both ways.equality in existance in an egalitarian society.oh boy we live in a wonderful time :)

Dr B:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DrBarani

No Dr B, Kanavane Kan Kanda Deivam so how can we just take money from him?
All other deivams we give Dakshina so you think we wont give part of our earnings to the Uttama Purusha in our life to help him run the family?

We woman also work hard to ease the burden of our Deivam.

Next week August 12th is VaraLakshmi Vrata and all we good wifes are fasting for the well being of our Uttama Purushans.

See dont you think we woman are sooooo goooooood!!!!

Last edited:
Dr B:

No Dr B, Kanavane Kan Kanda Deivam so how can we just take money from him?
All other deivams we give Dakshina so you think we wont give part of our earnings to the Uttama Purusha in our life to help him run the family?

We woman also work hard to ease the burden of our Deivam.

Next week August 12th is VaraLakshmi Vrata and all we good wifes are fasting for the well being of our Uttama Purushans.

See dont you think we woman are sooooo goooooood!!!!

அட அட உத்தமி டா செல்லம் :)

If TB men are in the 'TB style dating phase' then men may have to impress the women that they have a wallet and women want to show how much they are impressed just to please the men.
icon7.png

But once you are married 'women just want your ear' - they want you to listen to them
icon7.png

But once you are married 'women just want your ear' - they want you to listen to them
icon7.png

This remind me of a Samuel T Coleridge quote: The most happy marriage I can imagine to myself would be the union of a deaf man to a blind woman.

If TB men are in the 'TB style dating phase' then men may have to impress the women that they have a wallet and women want to show how much they are impressed just to please the men.
icon7.png

icon7.png

especially when they sing

aduthaththu ambujatha paatheyla...

The greatest gift a man can give his wife

is his undivided attention
:ear:

(which does not cost him any money!)

But strangely it the ONLY thing he never gives her!
:bolt:

icon7.png

icon7.png

hi amala garu,
mana vadu mana vadu ani cheppi....mana intlo bhojanam chesi.....mana kutreeni-----------------?-this is reality..

regards
tbs

Who looks more beautiful, in general, without makeup:

Iyer Girls or Iyengar Girls?
Yes. It is without any doubt the Iyengar Girl. They are not as good as an Iyer Girl in the art of make-up and so they are good and best only without make-up!

The topic is about banning or otherwise of makeup.
we can't ban makeup legally, nothing wrong if modesty is maintained.
There is a solution from middle east for this. A good makeup + A good cover up with a nice Burkha. This can work for both man and woman!!

Damm, once again I got a flaming pm that I left out an important comparison. Here it goes, folks, the most important one!

Who looks more beautiful without makeup - Iyer Girls or Iyengar BOYS

hi amala garu,
mana vadu mana vadu ani cheppi....mana intlo bhojanam chesi.....mana kutreeni-----------------?-this is reality..

regards
tbs

Emmandi chepthaaru meeru? Naaku artham kaaledu. Evvarini gurinchi cheptaaru? Mana vaaduga unte, mana intlo bhojanam chesthey mana kutreeni? pelli gurinchi chepthara? Reality ga unda vochu. Anni mana thalaratha kadha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back