• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shame on you Mr. President Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namasthe,
Asper the prediction of 'Mayan's Calander' after 21st of Dec.2012, USA will be destroyed and will become invisible.Don't worry.

sc,

what with all forecasting?wonder why everyone wants to pick on usa...nothing is gonna happen to anybody..all will be well.

When one sees the extent of righteous indignation heaped on Helen Thomas from all sides, one would think she landed on an Israeli ship and gunned down scores of Israeli peace activists taking a ship load of flower to a Jewish memorial service. The Israeli commando who bragged about killing 6 of the 9 activists on Mavi Marmara is reported to be up for bravery award. In the meantime Helen gets the ax. Satyameva Jayati is a farce. What wins is Satyam.
The fact as gathered from News papers: Gazans despite the blockade were smugging whatever they wanted into their territory through the large number of underground tunnels they had dug in their territory to reach the Egyptian territory. Hosni Mubarak, because he has developed some dislike for the Hamas, has shut down all these tunnels on the Egypt side by putting a lot of pressure on the Egyptian army. This is the reason why Gazans have now resorted to smuggle through the ferries through the sea route what they want.All the hue and cry is because this has been uncovered by Israelis and blocked.
Now the sarcasm: It is gathered that all along the Gazans were smuggling only roses and tulips through all these tunnels and the action of Egyptians(who are part of the worldwide Muslim Brotherhood) has deprived them the pleasure of greeting the Jews of Israel across the border every day morning with a flower. So they started smuggling these flowers through the ferries and Israeli soldiers have unnecessarily spoiled the game by not only blockading but also killing a few of the most beautiful cheerleaders travelling in the boat. How sad!

For all the heart-felt sympathy Raju seems to have the Jews of medieval and Nazi Europe, the sliver of opposition voice we hear in U.S. is overwhelmingly Jewish.
Raju's sympathy for Jews is neutral and logical because he is an unattached free observer of the developments without any prejudice. The shrill voice in US is from those who have made it good and who are usually heard unlike the common jew who lives in Israel for whom peaceful life has remained a dream always.
My views are this:
1. Israelis have a right to live in Israel peacefully.
2. From their previous experiences ever since Israel came into existence, they have faced only wars threatening their very existence. They were never treated as equals with a right to exist by any of their neighbors.
3. They know what hell is as they have gone through it. To avoid the hell revisiting them they will go to any extent and they are justified in that.
4. If Iran thinks that it is a big brother and can take on the small Israel they will also learn their lessons in due course. Only the war will be more fierce and in the attrition there will be a lot of bloodshed.
5. The ferries in the Mediterranian do not carry only people. There are other cargoes which are regularly ferried and Israel has a right to know what they are. While enforcing that right if resistance is encountered it will be overcome with appropriate force. If the world understands these compulsions well and good. If not, it is better to live with criticism than die enmasse in a WMD attack.
Cheers. Satyameva jayate.

Thank you Nara. I was not doing it earlier because it was more time consuming and was a distraction. But I decided I will do it so that it does not stress you and you will be on board happily with me. Thanks. Cheers friend.

Folks,

Before I say anything else, I would like to state, so as to avoid another round of unrelated straw man arguments, the Jews were subjected to horrendous ill treatment by medieval Europe and downright sadistic brutality by the Nazis. With this out of the way, I would like to say the following.

People have opinions and that is fine, but facts are facts and cannot be wished away. It is to be noted that none of the facts I furnished has been disputed or contradicted.

The lesson Israelis have learned from Goldstone Report on Operation Cast Lead into Gaza, and the media coverage of Dubai murder with the use of CCTV footage is to controlling the media narrative, i.e. propaganda, is crucial. The Gaza Freedom Flotilla had almost 60 journalists in six boats. According to several reports including this one by two Australian journalists affiliated with Sydney Morning Herald, the first priority of Israeli commandos was to confiscate all recording devices and recording media, and also smash all the CCTV cameras (lesson well leaned from Dubai). This allowed IDF to manipulate media coverage by releasing a heavily edited version of the commandos landing on the deck of Mavi Marmara that provided no context. Now, slowly, what actually transpired is emerging. It is now becoming increasingly clear that IDF started shooting before they set foot on the deck.

If Israel has nothing to hide, why are they objecting to an international inquiry? If the U.S. blocks a truly independent inquiry and allows IDF to conduct its own inquiry, that will be akin to allowing a murderer, who has destroyed all the evidences and obstructed all attempts at the truth, to investigate the crime himself.

The Israeli conduct is so outrageous that it is becoming difficult to remain blissfully uncritical even for some hawkish US politicians. Senator Dianne Fienstein, a long supporter of Israel, is calling for an independent inquiry and for Israel to reassess its blockade of Gaza.

Then, there is this report in Heretz that Israeli students are planning on their own freedom flotilla to bring aid to Gaza from Turkey.

The organizers of the Freedom Flottila couldn't have imagined in their wildest of wild dreams that their objectives would be achieved hand over fist. It is no longer Jew vs. Arab, it is right vs. wrong. Even many Jews from Israel are on the right side of this issue.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
The organizers of the Freedom Flottila couldn't have imagined in their wildest of wild dreams that their objectives would be achieved hand over fist. It is no longer Jew vs. Arab, it is right vs. wrong. Even many Jews from Israel are on the right side of this issue.

Cheers!

ah, if only pigs could fly!!

the conflict, in the aspect that it appears unresolvable, is much like our kashmir.

i think well meaning participants will have to overcome fifty or more years of accumulated suspicion and hatred.

till 1945, europe was very much like ie the relationship between germany & france, germany & poland, poland & ussr, etc etc.

it took the utter defeat of germany to clear one part of the air. 45 years later, it took the dissolution of ussr to clear the second part of the air.

i seriously doubt if these small gestures will end in peace. instead it probably will rile more conservative israelis. and hamas too.

....i think well meaning participants will have to overcome fifty or more years of accumulated suspicion and hatred. .

Well, end will come, as it always does. But it may not be what the Jewish right-wing hopes. With their actions they make a two-state solution harder and harder to reach. The inevitable demographical dwindling of Jews vis-a-vis the Arabs will make it very hard to maintain the Jewish nature of the state, if it were to be a single state. If Iran is not a nuclear weapons state by then, this single state will be, making a second Islamic state with a nuclear weapon.

Cheers!

To those who opposed me on this thread,

do you think you support Israel more than the Israeli Navy Reserve officers? Do you?

Read this.

Here are couple of telling quotations:
".. the Navy officers denounced the commando raid as having "ended in tragedy both at the military and diplomatic levels."

"First and foremost, we protest the fact that responsibility for the tragic results was immediately thrust onto the organizers of the flotilla," wrote the officers. "This demonstrates contempt for the responsibility that belongs principally to the hierarchy of commanders and those who approved the mission. This shows contempt for the values of professionalism, the purity of weapons and for human lives."

It is a wonder why some Indians think the way to support Jews is to blindly support whatever Israel does, even more than those who lay their life on the line for Israel, its Navy Reserve officers.

Slowly, but steadily, evidence of IDF crime is emerging.

I urge the members to take a look at this interview of one of the volunteers on Mavi Marmara that includes footage this person was able smuggle out. Unlike IDF, who released heavily edited video in an effort to control the narrative, Ms. Lee is set to release the entire footage, unedited, at the UN.

New Footage Depicts Attack on Mavi Marmara - IPS ipsnews.net

Smuggled footage of raid on Mavi Marmara to be revealed Thursday
The footage is chilling, and it will be shown in its entirety during the press conference.

[..]
The footage also appears to contradict Israel's claim's that passengers on the ships intended to kill Israeli soldiers. In one scene, a woman's voice comes a loudspeaker saying: "All the passengers are sitting down. We have no guns here. We are civilians taking care of injured people. Don't use violence. We are civilians taking care of injured people. We need help for the people."
Cheers!

israel is surrounded by hostile neighbors.despite that,jews are strong and unprecedented valor displayed by them.

We know partly what happened.without full intelligence report,what else can the white house do,under the circumstances.

American's never betray friends.israel is a staunch ally of usa.privately a dressing down has been given,to follow restrain.it's truly unfortunate a american is ashamed,but as an indian,i am proud of president obama.
nn ji
you should have given your support to sri nara only rather than to mr obama.

Usa will support only to israel israel israel......two brothers

israel wants to expand to a greater isrel ........covering neighbouring countries of region....

nn ji
you should have given your support to sri nara only rather than to mr obama.

Usa will support only to israel israel israel......two brothers

israel wants to expand to a greater isrel ........covering neighbouring countries of region....

an

nara is entitled to his opinion,likewise i am entitled to mine.people lose credibility,if they keep shifting their idealogy,i have always been independent,only take what i feel is right.by this i dont proselytise or impose my opinion on others.variety is spice of life.

usa believes in supporting itself,nobody else.

israel wanting to cuupy palestines,egypt,jordan,iran...etc is fine with me.otherwise there will be no war,nor our arms industry flourish.i wonder what will happen to our economy,if no arams is sold or bought?israel buys our arms plus technologies,so we have an ongoing biz relationship.plus we suppyly arms to iraq,jordan,saudi arabis,egypt,pakistan,india,....etc.

president obama,is a genius.

an

nara is entitled to his opinion,likewise i am entitled to mine.people lose credibility,if they keep shifting their idealogy,i have always been independent,only take what i feel is right.by this i dont proselytise or impose my opinion on others.variety is spice of life.

usa believes in supporting itself,nobody else.

israel wanting to cuupy palestines,egypt,jordan,iran...etc is fine with me.otherwise there will be no war,nor our arms industry flourish.i wonder what will happen to our economy,if no arams is sold or bought?israel buys our arms plus technologies,so we have an ongoing biz relationship.plus we suppyly arms to iraq,jordan,saudi arabis,egypt,pakistan,india,....etc.

president obama,is a genius.
NN JI
all your comments on 1st and 2nd is 100% correct .
on 3rd i can see a pwerful US PRESIDENT.

AHIMSA PARAMOO DHARMA

ABOUT ISRAEL : we have to learn how successfully to live? while surrounded by many non friendly states.

just go to the link :how the command of us works on BP crisis

http://www.prokerala.com/news/articles/a143218.html
http://www.prokerala.com/news/articles/a143221.html

Folks,
Here is an opinion piece that appeared in Haaretz.Com, an Israeli Newspaper. Click here to read the oped. These are Jewish views.

Some excerpts (all emphasis mine):

• Fully 80% of Gaza’s population lives on the edge of malnutrition, [.....] Gaza’s children suffer from dramatically increased morbidity [...] This obscenity is a consequence of a deliberate and carefully calculated Israeli policy aimed at de-developing Gaza by destroying not only its economy but its physical and social infrastructure while sealing it hermitically from the outside world.
  • Particularly appalling is that this policy has been the source of amusement for some Israeli leaders, who according to Israeli press reports have jokingly described it as “putting Palestinians on a diet.” That, too, is reminiscent of the Hitler years, when Jewish suffering amused the Nazis.
  • How would Jews have reacted to their tormentors had they been consigned to the kind of existence Israel has imposed on Gaza’s population? Would they not have seen human rights activists prepared to risk their lives to call their plight to the world’s attention as heroic, even if they had beaten up commandos trying to prevent their effort?
  • Who would have believed that an Israeli government and its Jewish citizens would seek to demonize and shut down Israeli human rights organizations for their lack of “patriotism,” and dismiss fellow Jews who criticized the assault on the Gaza Flotilla as “Arabs,” pregnant with all the hateful connotations that word has acquired in Israel, not unlike Germans who branded fellow citizens who spoke up for Jews as “Juden”?
  • (T)he significance of the Gaza Flotilla incident lies [...] in the larger questions raised about our common human condition by Israel’s occupation policies and its devastation of Gaza’s civilian population.

"Hitler was right. Time for you to go back in the oven," is one of the more subdued expressions to be found in the thousands of missives received by the rabbi whose interview with Helen Thomas included the veteran White House correspondent sending the Jews back to Poland and Germany.

"I asked everyone the same question about Israel, since I wanted to make a video supporting Israel," Rabbi David Nesenoff told Haaretz, saying his encounter with Thomas on May 27, too place as the White House celebrated Jewish Heritage Month, the first such event to organized by U.S. President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle.

Rabbi who filmed Helen Thomas told to 'go back in the oven' - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Israel reconsidering Gaza blockade, says ministerTel Aviv, June 15Israel is reconsidering its economic blockade of the Gaza Strip, an Israeli cabinet minister confirmed Tuesday.http://www.prokerala.com/news/articles/a143732.htmlPossibly related news: • UN demands impartial inquiry into Gaza flotilla deaths (June 1) • Israeli cabinet allows Gaza flotilla seizure probe (June 14) • Israel names committee to probe aid flotilla seizure (June 14) • Obama calls off Australia trip (June 4) • Ahmadinejad says UN lost credibility after Iran resolution (June 14)some related inks on isreli pl go to the link above.

Three telling articles.

First link below is about the suicide of Benjamin Netanyahu's personal psychiatrist a few days back who describes Netanyahu as a hopeless nut case.

Vijayvaani.com

The second below says that the Freedom flotilla attack could not have happened without the blessings of USA. I can believe this.

Vijayvaani.com.

This blog piece tells about Islamic terror being funded by USA. On the face of it this looks far fetched but if one correlates it with the recent report from the London School of Economics that the Pakistani ISI controls the Taliban, looks hugely possible. I think in the end it is all about selling arms and ammunition for profit, morals be damned.

Atanu Dey on India’s Development Blog Archive The US funds Global Islamic Terrorism

Gaza convoy activists claim Israeli soldiers using debit cards stolen in raid | World news | The Guardian

• Individual soldiers appear to have used confiscated debit cards to buy items such as iPod accessories, while mobile phones seized from activists have also been used for calls.
  • Used twice on 10 June: once for amounts equivalent to £42.42 and then for £37.83.
  • Californian activist, Kathy Sheetz, has alleged that she has been charged more than $1,000 in transactions from vending machines in Israel since 6 June.
  • Manolo Luppichini, an Italian journalist, said his card was debited with the equivalent of €54 after it was confiscated.
  • Activists say Israel still has possession of at least £1m of goods and cash, comprising aid and personal possessions, including laptops and cameras.

COMPLEMENTS FROM OSAMA & CO TO OBAMA:-

Al Qaeda calls Obama treacherous, bloodthirsty in new video

Washington, June 21
Al Qaeda has posted a new video on Islamist websites where a spokesman of the militant outfit calls US President Barack Obama "snakelike" and a "treacherous, bloodthirsty and narrow-minded American war president".http://www.prokerala.com/news/articles/a145039.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back