• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sanskrit is purely a Dravidian Origin !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanskrit is a Dravidian Origin - Vedic Hymns are all in dravidian consonant - only the south indians can pronounce them & NO other language in the world has such nasal pronounciation !!. Classical sankrit is derived from Vedic sanskrit.

These hymns are from dravidian tribes passed on from generation to generation. Dravidian kingdoms had extensive trade contacts with Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Persian empires, which explains the common words across these languages.

Historical Evidences:

South Indian temple inscription - 18 centuries back - "Nagas gave sanskrit - the language of the devas - to the Aryas". Nagas are dravidians living next door in Nagapattinam & aryas are the Noble men. thats why you have aryas or brahmins in all communities. Sorry to bust the theory - no aryan race !!

Megasthenes - goes to Patliputra & then goes all the way to the Pandian Kingdom - Madurai. He calls Madurai as Mathura - the land of krishna, explains the caste system (yes, caste system is a dravidian origin!!), talks about a story like Iliad/Troy but much longer in length (Ramayana is the Victor's version, Troy is the Lanka version of Ramayana). So there was NO sanskrit in Patliputra but it existed in the Pandian Kingdom during 300 bc !! Read Indica for the details.

Shaivism, Vaishnavism, Jainism & Buddhism (23rd Thirthankara is Buddha), all originate in Karnataka/ dravidian kingdoms !!

Jain texts written 1000s of years back say that Ramayana & Mahabaratam are stories of dravidian Cheiftains in South India. Bharatavarshe is the land from Vindyas to down south Kerala. All cities mentioned in these texts are in south india - Ayothiapattinam, Kansapuram, Madurai (Mathura), Kasipuram, Sanjeevini Hills, Agasthiyar hills, Vindyhas (Himalayas), Cauvery is Ganga, Triveni sangam - Amudha - Saraswati, Bhavani - Yamuna & Cauvery/Ganga, Pandavapura, Gangavathi (origin of cauvery), Ganga Kingdoms (Kannada kings are called Ganga kings, why north kings are NOT known as Ganga kings), Indrapala (Andhra), - are all in south india.

Sanskrit is written on all south indian temples, but not on North temples. North temple priests chant in Hindi & NOT in sanskrit. South temple priests chant only in Sanskrit. Most famous Nepal Hindu temple - Pashupathi nath priests are from Karnataka !! Thailand royal brahmin preist sends his disciples to study sanskrit in Kanchi / South india. Dravidian kings take Sanskrit to all the places in south east asia - Thailand, Indonesia/Bali, Cambodia, etc.. because it is their language & their legacy !!

Hinduism was revived in North after the 700+ yrs of Mughal rule by the RSS leaders. they named all the places - Ayodhya, Mathura etc.. only in 18th century, Kumbh Mela is only a 100+ yr old tradition, etc,. why would a north indian fair skinned person - so called aryan worship dark gods - Shiva, Vishnu, Rama & Krishna !!

thats why there was NO temple found under the Babri Masjid - because it was not the birth place of Lord Rama. It is ayothiapattinam in south India. !!

Dear Sri Jaykay767 Ji,

I appreciate all your inferences above.

It would be nice if you cite any scholarly sources to establish all your claims.

You know, these claims are opposite to and negates all these years of painstaking scholarly research done not only by Indian historians as well as others.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri Jaykay767 Ji,

It would be nice if you cite any scholarly sources to establish all your claims.

You know, these claims are opposite to and negates all these years of painstaking scholarly research done not only by Indian historians as well as others.

Regards,
KRS

Dear KRS,

All of them are based on facts. South Indian temple inscription (do a google search, you will find it), Megasthenes Indica, South Indian cities, Hills, - all named by Govt of India, Govt of India says "Jain texts written 1000s of years back says Ramayana is a story of 2 dravidian chieftains."

if Ramyana is a story of 2 dravidian chieftains, then how can Rama come from North India ??

Kannada (maurya & Guptas) & Telugu Kings establish kingdowms in North India - are all factual history as written by Govt of India.

The only inference I am making is that Bharatvarshe is the land from Vindyas (Himalayas) to Kerala. why ?. if Sanjeevini Hills are in Andhra, then how can Himalayas be the current "Ice clad mountain" ?????? It has to be the Vindyas.

Cauvery is Ganga is written all over. Gangavath is in karnataka & Coorgis call them as Ganga !!

Btn, there is a Ganga in Thailand as well :)

Cheers,
JK

Dear Sri Jaykay767 Ji,

Regards,
KRS

Infact the current undestanding that Rama comes from North Indian Ayodhya has NO historical evidence to support it.

NO North Indian King has even come to south & waged a war against Lanka !!

Dear Sri Jaykay767 Ji,

Regards,
KRS

If the so called North Indian Aryans came up with Sanskrit & Vedas, why are they worshipping Dark Gods - Shiva, Vishnu, Rama, Krishna ?

why is Sanskrit Vedic Hymns in Dravidian Tongue, why it is NOT chanted similar to Hindi or North Indian languages. ?

Nehru himself writes in the passage of India that Sanskrit is preserved only in South India.

Most famous Nepal Hindu temple - Pashupatinath - priests come from Karnataka ??. you ask them they will tell you they are doing it for 1000s of years !!

Dear Sri Jaykay767 Ji,

If one is putting forward theories contrary to current understanding, one has to provide proof for what one is saying.

With all due respect, you are responsible to provide proper back up for your claims and the members here have no obligation to do a Google search, as you suggest.

By the way, we all know that the internet is full of unverified garbage. That is why it is important for you to cite scholarly sources, instead of just saying, Megasthenes, Jains, Govt. of India said this.

Till you provide such back up information, I can only consider your claims as merely fantastic. Sorry.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri Jaykay767 Ji,

If one is putting forward theories contrary to current understanding, one has to provide proof for what one is saying.

With all due respect, you are responsible to provide proper back up for your claims and the members here have no obligation to do a Google search, as you suggest.

By the way, we all know that the internet is full of unverified garbage. That is why it is important for you to cite scholarly sources, instead of just saying, Megasthenes, Jains, Govt. of India said this.

Till you provide such back up information, I can only consider your claims as merely fantastic. Sorry.

Regards,
KRS

Okay here you go!!W

I am NOT the only one saying Bharatavarshe is the land from Vindyas to Kerala. Pl read below.

Naga Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Airavata is mentioned as a region beyond ancient India (Bharata Varsha) at (6,6). Bharata Varsha (ancient India) is mentioned as the southern-most region known to the ancient Indian people. North of Bharata Varsha, is the region of Himalaya.

Two regions known as Pathala (Kerala) and Airavata mentioned in the extreme south and far north respectively were the most important territories in Naga Dynasty. Kerala once known as Patala[SUP][2][/SUP](nether world) is considered as the adobe of Serpent Anantha, the indigenous inhabitation of Naga clan in South

Now refer to Ramayana: Ravana conquers the Devas (Indra from Indrapala), & Pathala !!

Dear Sri Jaykay767 Ji,

When I opened the Wikepedia information you cited below on 'Naga Kingdom' these were the first words I encountered there:
This article is about the Nagas in Indian epic literature.

In other words, this has no established scientific / scholarly basis.

How can you then claim that this is the Truth?

Do you have any SCHOLARLY citation to verify the above? The whole article is based on Hindu mythology. By the way they call it 'mythology' for a reason.

Regards,
KRS
Okay here you go!!W

I am NOT the only one saying Bharatavarshe is the land from Vindyas to Kerala. Pl read below.

Naga Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Airavata is mentioned as a region beyond ancient India (Bharata Varsha) at (6,6). Bharata Varsha (ancient India) is mentioned as the southern-most region known to the ancient Indian people. North of Bharata Varsha, is the region of Himalaya.

Two regions known as Pathala (Kerala) and Airavata mentioned in the extreme south and far north respectively were the most important territories in Naga Dynasty. Kerala once known as Patala[SUP][2][/SUP](nether world) is considered as the adobe of Serpent Anantha, the indigenous inhabitation of Naga clan in South

Now refer to Ramayana: Ravana conquers the Devas (Indra from Indrapala), & Pathala !!

If one says Tamil's is a simplified phoneme structure from Sanskrit then it is understandable. If Sanskrit were to be from the South then syntactic and semantic structure should have been preserved a lot here rather than in the north.

Gadhisunu.

If one says Tamil's is a simplified phoneme structure from Sanskrit then it is understandable. If Sanskrit were to be from the South then syntactic and semantic structure should have been preserved a lot here rather than in the north.

Gadhisunu.

Sanskrit is intact only in the south & it is spoken in a dravidian tonque !!

I am curious: why the focus on Sanskrit? Is it superior in any way to Tamil, Hebrew, Latin or Greek? In fact 3 of the other languages mentioned have the advantage that they are equally old, still alive and widely spoken.

I am curious: why the focus on Sanskrit? Is it superior in any way to Tamil, Hebrew, Latin or Greek? In fact 3 of the other languages mentioned have the advantage that they are equally old, still alive and widely spoken.

I wont use the word Superior but as the meaning of the word Samskrita(Perfected) it is indeed a master piece.

Phonetics are pronounced as they are written.
You wont find words like how you find in some languages where they are pronounced differently as they are written.

Its not tongue twisting cos of grammar rules that make sure that the next word is in flow with the natural movement of the tongue.
So the tongue does not have to undergo gymnastics to speak Sanskrit.

Many words which appear simple actually have meanings which denote the function or nature of the word.

For example Khaga(Bird) means Kha =Sky Ga= go..one that goes to the sky.

Hridaya(Heart)= Hri(take away) Da(give) Ya( circulate) denoting the function of the heart to take away deoxygenated blood..give oxygenated blood and circulate it.

Its a beauty to unravel the origin of each word.

Please go through this article :

http://www.aaai.org/ojs/index.php/aimagazine/issue/view/54/showToc
AI MAGAZINE Vol 6 No 1 pp 32-39 Spring 1985
Second article is titled :
Knowledge Representation in Sanskrit and Artificial Intelligence
Rick Briggs

I am listing the abstract below for the benefit of a wider audience. Highlighting is mine.
Naina
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Knowledge Representation in Sanskrit and Artificial Intelligence
Rick Briggs
AI MAGAZINE Vol 6 No 1 pp32-39 Spring 1985

Abstract

In the past twenty years, much time, effort, and money has been expended on designing an unambiguous representation of natural language to make them accessible to computer processing, These efforts have centered around creating schemata designed to parallel logical relations with relations expressed by the syntax and semantics of natural languages, which are clearly cumbersome and ambiguous in their function as vehicles for the transmission of logical data. Understandably, there is a widespread belief that natural languages are unsuitable for the transmission of many ideas that artificial languages can render with great precision and mathematical rigor. But this dichotomy, which has served as a premise underlying much work in the areas of linguistics and artificial intelligence, is a false one. There is at least one language, Sanskrit, which for the duration of almost 1000 years was a living spoken language with a considerable literature of its own. Besides works of literary value, there was along philosophical and grammatical tradition that has continued to exist withundiminished vigor until the present century. Among the accomplishments of the grammarians can be reckoned a method for paraphrasing Sanskrit in a manner that is identical not only in essence but in form with current work in Artificial Intelligence.This article demonstrates that a natural language can serve as an artificial language also, and that much work in AI has been reinventing a wheel millenia old. First, a typical Knowledge Representation Scheme (usingSemantic Nets) will be laid out, followed by an outline of the method used by the ancient Indian grammarians to analyze sentences unambiguously. Finally, the clear parallelism between the two will be demonstrated, and the theoretical implications of this equivalence will be given.

Full Text: PDF

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S.: Incidentally, I am not taking any sides here.

Last edited:
namaste smt.ReNUkA and others.

Ref: ReNukA's post #12:
Its a beauty to unravel the origin of each word.

"There is no grammar without literature, just like there is no oil without the sesame-seed", says the oldest Tamizh text tolkAppiyam.

Would this aphorism apply to the evolution of Sanskrit?

• Yes, when you look at the origin of the word kaga as ReNUkA has explained, it is easy to surmise that this word could have come from the common man.

• But obviously, hRudaya could have not come from the common man. In the absence of study of human anatomy by dissection in the days of yore, only a seer could have understood the function of the heart and named it for the organ.

Evolution of Sanskrit as language of religion and literature is indeed a wonderful mystery!

Last edited:
Hi Saidevo,

Origin of Sanskrit is NOT a mystery. It has been made mysterious by some people to keep harping on the aryan invasion theory. Ask these researchers, they will tell you Ramayana & Mahabarata are pure fiction because the more you try to align to historical events, they relate to south dravidian chieftains - Possibly Narasimhavarman (also known as Vishnu) & Kannada King (Pulekeshi) a great worshipped of Shiva, (refer jain texts written in sanskrit openly saying it is a story of 2 south dravidian chieftains etc..), etc..

for Aryan Sanskrit origin, Sanskrit must be chanted like Hindi or north Indian languages at least in some place on this earth !! No race will change the entire structure of the langauge & every word ending as a "dravidian word/tongue". even if so, some people in North must have a "sanskrit langauge" similar to Hindi or north languages somewhere or written at least !!. No evidence whatsoever.

So it is clearly dravidian origin, caste system is dravidian origin (as per Megasthenes himself written 2000 yrs back in Madurai Kingdom in his famous Indicaa). If caste system is dravidian, Brahmins have to dravidian, hence Sanskrit has to be dravidian. Absolutely No confusion on this !!

for eg, there are Jews in Kerala settled for 2000+ yrs, they speak hewbrew like Hebrew is spoken !!, not in a dravidian tonque :) Since Sanskrit indigeneously originates in Dravidian kingdoms it is spoken in a dravidian tongue !!.

Cheers,
JK

Hi Saidevo,

In any part of the world, if one finds a particular language in a region, you attribute its origin to that region - right ? Greek, Russion, Latin, Baltic, Hindi, etc..

so Sanskrit is found only in south India & hence it originated here. it is spoken/chanted like a dravidian language !!

Now look at the circus - everyone is trying to prove someone from North came & gave it to us, also changed every word to end like a dravidian word, & asked us to use a nasal pronounciation like our native tongue & told us that they will come back 20 centuries or more & claim it is theirs & we should hand over & accept their theory - LOL !!!

The sad part is they still cannot pronounce it , they have to re-write the entire vedas in a Hindi tongue & change all dark gods to fair skinned gods etc.. herculean challenge !! OR learn a dravidian language & practise it for years to learn the nasal pronounciation :( Incredible India :)

I feel sad & pity these aryan supremacist for the enormous struggle, to prove otherwise - LOL !!

Cheers,
JK

Last edited:
What is gained from drawing racial lines? My favorite language to hear is Tamil Dravidian and my favorite language to sing is Aryan (for the sake of discussion) Sanskrit. There are few things more wonderful on earth than Sri Rudraprasnaha and Kanda Shashti Kavacam they both emanate from the inspiration to sing to and love of god. Whether I am born as black as night or as white as snow in my next life I pray I can hear god praise in BOTH of these languages as well as English.

If a parrot sang the Vedas I would not advocate we all master Parrot but rather that we master the Vedas. Would you not agree?

Hi BostonShankara,

I am not saying this to prove one right & the other wrong. so pl dont get me wrong.

I am just setting the history right & the correct origin of Sanskrit.

If anyone can prove it is a Aryan Origin (first I need someone to define Aryan here - Is it persian /Iranian or European ? :)), I will gladly accept. Our North indians will vehemently deny any link to Persian/Iranian which itself is unfortunate despite the 700+ yrs rule of the Mughals !!

I am NOT dividing on racial lines, it is the ARyan supremacist who are doing it by pushing a "obviously dravidian sanskrit" as "ARyan". !! On the contrary, I am ensuring our dark skinned dravidian brothers take the right pride in the Vedic culture because it is theirs !!

Cheers,
JK

Last edited:
Our North indians will vehemently deny any link to Persian/Iranian which itself is unfortunate !!

I told my mum(she is north indian) what you wrote and she said that in Ancient India the Hindu empires extended right up to Iran and Persia and at that time the world only had Sanathana Dharma and no other religion hence nothing was Non Vedic.

I feel telling anyone that they are not from India can make anyone angry too.

BTW: Arya means Noble .
Dravida is a geographical location.

Last edited:
Dear Sri Jaykay767 Ji,

You said:
I am NOT dividing on racial lines
Before this you said this:
Our North indians will vehemently deny any link to Persian/Iranian which itself is unfortunate despite the 700+ yrs rule of the Mughals !!

Sir, please!

As I said before, please do not make yourself lose credibility in this Forum.

I don't know what you got against Pandit Nehru Ji, but, in my opinion, you seem to have an axe to grind.

Please Sir. Let me ask you again. Please post the proof of the Nagas from Nagapattinam giving Sanskrit to the world, in this Yuga, within the last 10000 years. It better be not based on mytholgy.

Regards,
KRS

Dear KRS,

Sorry you got that impression. How am I dividing racially here by saying the North Indian Hindus vehemently deny any link to Persian/Iranian - I am just stating a fact here, ask any of them ?

Cheers,
JK

Hi Renuka,

Sorry I didnt mean to convey that impression. I just respond to KRS as well.

I stand corrected on this point based on your feedback. I stated based on my interaction with some of the North Indians I know well.

Regards,
Ganesh

Hi Renuka,

Sorry I didnt mean to convey that impression. I just respond to KRS as well.

I stand corrected on this point based on your feedback. I stated based on my interaction with some of the North Indians I know well.

Regards,
Ganesh

Indians from North South East and West..want to give full credit to their home state.Thats just normal I feel.

You know try cooking up a story and tell a Keralite that he/she is not from Kerala and watch Patala Loka break loose!!LOL

No problems Bro..just kidding..

Dear Jaykay,

I just remembered this..I have a doctor friend a Northern Indian Punjabi Sarasawat Brahmin old man who told me that he traced his ancestry and he told me that he has some Greek blood and he was non stop bragging about it till I got sick and tired and told him(Olympics was hosted in Greece that year) and I told him "why dont you use your family tree to get a free ticket to the olympics"

I was surprised that he seemed overjoyed to know he had some Greek blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back