• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sanskrit is purely a Dravidian Origin !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sri. Kalabhiravan, Greetings.

I refer to your message in post #68. What is the need for name calling like 'hate mongers'? In this thread, it is pretty much Sri. Nara vs rest of the posters. So, it is so obvious who that 'name' referes to. Name calling is not in a good taste. We can discuss without such names.

Cheers!

Yes, name calling is not in good taste. In my opinion, calling members as supremacists and hypocrites is also name calling and not dissimilar from calling someone as hatemongering.

I appreciate your thrust in trying to diffuse away the tension. But it takes two to tango not just to start a fight but to end it also.

Raghy Sir:

Thanks for the compliments. Some more metaphors.

During the Pandavas' exile, sage Durvasa and several of his disciples were visiting Hastinapura, and were entertained by Duryodhana. Sage Durvasa was pleased enough to grant him a boon. Duryodhana, the crook that he was, secretly wished Durvasa to curse the Pandavas in anger, so he recommended to the sage to visit the Pandavas in the forest, cunningly suggesting a time when Draupadi would have finished eating her meal. With the Pandavas having nothing to feed him, Duryodhana expected the sage to fly into a rage and curse them, much like he cursed Shakuntala at an earlier time.

And so, Durvasa and his disciples visited the Pandavas in their humble dwelling in the forest - remember that the Pandavas were in exile.

ThePandavas usually obtained their food from the Akshaya Patra, which would become exhausted each day once Draupadi finished her meal.

Since Draupadi had already finished eating that day by the time Durvasa arrived, there was no food left to serve him, and the Pandavas were frightened as to what kind of curse was in store for them for failing to feed the short-tempered sage.

After being greeted by the Pandavas, Durvasa and his disciples, as per the custom in those days, had to have their usual ablutions before taking a meal, for which they decided to visit a nearby river to take a bath.

Draupadi mentally prayed to Krishna for help. Pretending to be a drop-by, Krishna appeared before Draupadi saying he was extremely hungry, and asked her for food. Draupadi said in desperation that she had no food left to give and explained her predicament. Krishna then told her to bring the Akshaya Patra to him. When she did, Krishna found, stuck to the bottom of the vessel,a lone grain of rice and a piece of vegetable, which he ate, and announced that he was satisfied with the "meal".

Satiation of Krishna meant the satiation of the hunger of all living things, so Durvasa and his disciples also felt satiated, and quietly left after their bath, without even returning to the Pandavas' hermitage!

Durvasa has already been identified. Can you be the Krishna for the Draupadis and Pandavas in the forum? No prizes for guessing who is Duryodhana with his penchant for fratricidal wars.

Last edited:
கால பைரவன்;133129 said:
Yes, name calling is not in good taste. In my opinion, calling members as supremacists and hypocrites is also name calling and not dissimilar from calling someone as hatemongering.

I appreciate your thrust in trying to diffuse away the tension. But it takes two to tango not just to start a fight but to end it also.

Oh "hate monger" is such a bad word. Urban dictionary has a definition but I did see Ann Coultor's name there.
Urban Dictionary: hate monger
It only had the meaning of the word, what a pity. LOL

கால பைரவன்;133129 said:

Dear Sri. Kalabhairavan, Greetings.

Thank you for your sincere reply. This forum would really appreciate that. Yes, it takes two to tango. Personally I don't like to take sides. You should oppose any names called against you; that is reasonable. Such stands would be more effective if you don't give room to be accused of similar charges. I am just making a conversation with you. Kindly treat this message as such, please. Thank you.

Cheers!

Not very long ago, i.e. less than 100 years ago, the so called Shudras and Panchamas were systematically discouraged from pursuing any studies whatsoever, let alone Sanskrit. Here is a jovial take on this issue by NSK, even if you don't like the message you will like the music and humor. I am posting this here because there is an attempt to silence me in the background.
Kindanar - YouTube

Cheers!

Dear Sri. Nara, Greetings.

Sorry, I could not watch that link straight away. But it was worth the wait. Thank you for that lovely link. Yes, that was the condition in the villages even in the 60s. Only in 70s it started changing. That programme was well placed. Good message with plenty humour.

I may not discuss on that video or your message in post #65, please. That discussion will not be relevant to the discussion in hand, that is discussion about Sanskrit language.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back