• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Reciting 'Om Namah Shivaya' while doing Vaishnava aparadha

Status
Not open for further replies.
!@#$%^%$&*( &^*** !@#$%^ &*()_+% Don't ask me what is this. I am writing in the language Afrikaanish. Either go and hang if you do not understand or go to hell. Go and learn the language. I am always right and what I write makes excellent sense to me.. I know that. LOL

Riddle for the Knowledgable 2 persons A & B invoved 2 lines written A writes one line and not the second Who wrote the 2 line then? Put 2 and 2 together - common sence - Elementary Mr.Watson! Still Afrikanish? forget about it - develop common sense. Who else it coud be ? B or your Narayanan!!

I know! When people who are yet to learn to quote properly exist, people who are yet to learn to read the posts

like anna pakshi, which can separate milk from milk + water, will also exist !! :lol:

Carry on Madam J J. We shall get all the posts by heart and learn to separate your comments! :cool:

Good exercise for your Brains!

Griddle for the Knowledgable 2 persons A & B invoved 2 lines written A writes one line and not the second Who wrote the 2 line then? Put 2 and 2 together - common sence - Elementary Mr.Watson! Still Afrikanish? forget about it - develop common sense. Who else it coud be ? B or your Narayanan!!

Continued from earlier post....
I will follow up every one of my Afrkaanish posts with a Bhashyam so that the bravehearts who still try to understand it with the help of a swan do not suffer a cardiac arrest

This story I specially picked up for the knowledgable!

Story of Shiva and Vishnu

“There are two mahaa-phala daayaka Vrukshas. One by the name Vaasudeva and the other by the name Vaamadeva. They differ only in their sumas (flowers) (‘su’ is replaced by ‘ma’ in their names), but both give the same phalas (fruits, which is moksham)”. It is also often said, “How much one does not see the difference between Shiva and Vishnu, that much his aayu will increase”.
One day, when Lakshmi and Vishnu were together in vihaaram, Lakshmi sees Ucchaishravam, her brother, the horse of Revanta who is the son of Surya. Engrossed in seeing her brother, she does not reply to the repeated calls of Vishnu. Seeing her attraction, Vishnu gives her shaapam to go to Bhulokam in the form of a horse and come back to Vaikuntam only after getting a son equal to Himself! She comes to Bhuloka to experience the shaapam and realizing that none other than her brother, Shiva can help her calm Vishnu, she immediately does a tapas for Him and Shiva appears to save her soodari. Lakshmi says “You and Vishnu are both same, the Paramaatma. Please help me!”. Shiva says “Soodari! How do you know that we both are same? All learned people know that. Who told you?”. Lakshmi says, “Once Mahavishnu Himself told me this. Seeing Him in deep Daiva-dhyaanam, I asked Him “During Samudramanthanam, I thought you were the greatest of all and hence chose you. Devaadideva! Who is better than you that you are in dhyaanam of Him?”. Mahavishnu replied “I am doing Shankara-dhyaanam. He is Eshwara. He is the same as Me. All learned people know that. If someone is my devotee but still hates Shiva, he will fall into naraka”.
Saying this, She asks Shiva to pursuade Vishnu to bless Her with a child. Shiva sends Chitrarupa as a duta to convince Vishnu. Vishnu immediately accepts and comes to Bhuloka and blesses Lakshmi with Ekaveera, who is equal to Vishnu Himself. From Ekaveera came forth the Haihaya dynasty, of which the most noted king is Kartavirya Arjuna (Ekaveera’s grandson).
————————————

This is a wonderful tale, Janaki madam! I was not aware of this story and thank you for this! This is precisely the type of response I expected in this thread.

Let me add to this: Sri U.Ve.Karunakarachariyar, a well-known Sri Vaishnava upanyasakar once told in the popular Vijay T.V's 'Bhakti Thiruvizha' this information:

Every Shaiva must know the famous Lord Shiva's pittukku mann sumadha Kadhai. In this, there lives an old woman in Madurai who is a great devotee of Lord Shiva. Once the pandya king ruling Madurai orders everyone at Madurai to help build a dam to curb the advancing Vaigai, but the old lady is unable to do her part as she is too weak from old age. So she declares that she would offer 'Puttu' the delicious dish to anyone who does her share in building the dam. None but Lord Shiva himself manifests as a young boy in front of her to accept this offer! He carries mud for her taking her puttu and builds the dam for her. But after eating a fistful of puttu, he sleeps by the dam. The pandya king who is on rounds sees the sleeping young man and he beats him with the cane! And Lo! EVERYONE in the entire world feels the beating, including the king! The king realizes who it is and surrenders to Lord Shiva.

Sri U.Ve.Karunakarachariyar said that when the whole world felt the cane beating, even Sri Mahalakshmi at Vaikuntha felt it. When she told this to her spouse Sri Vishnu, Sri Vishnu replied to her, "No wonder, devi! Because I am he (Shiva) and he is me (Vishnu). So naturally when I felt the beating, because you resided in my chest, you too naturally felt the beating!".

Please remember that J J madam is yet to learn how to post the quotes properly!

I respond to messages and not shoot at the messanger

There are two lines inthat post of mine One is by P.J. and naturally the other line is mine simple logic ! People yet to learn to read the postings properly!

i just wanted to clarify my point.

A humble piece of suggestion to JRji,

We have Gun-fight Kanchanas and Shotgun Shatrugans who never think before they shoot. They are usually in such a hurry that they misspell words as a rule. They do not even know what they are shooting. so be very careful not to get hurt.

There are Jambulingams here who think that their posts will be red-inked only if some one reports it by pressing the report button. They forget that Praveen, suo motu, can make their wisecracks disappear if he thinks they are harmful without waiting for any one to press any button. Poor things. I hear the sound naranara loudly - their dentures are depreciating fast. LOL.

you are right Vaagmi Sir

Although everyone has every right to open any thread on any subject, but this thread has thrown more mud on both sect believers !!

you are right Vaagmi Sir

Although everyone has every right to open any thread on any subject, but this thread has thrown more mud on both sect believers !!

I don't quite understand where in this thread Vaishnavites "threw mud on Shaivism" because you mention the above (that both sects threw mud on each other in this thread). If you can show that, I can apologize for others' behalf since I did not throw any such mud on Shaivism.

Let us get it right, it is just as easy to complain about another thread just as it is easy to open a thread.

I think here all members are quite mature & learned. We hindus are already so much divided according to place , caste & society. Do we need further division accoding to GOD also. Are we hindus so much stupid that cant we learn after having slavery of 200 years.

Vaishnavism is flourishing on money from all including Shaivites. In this world money is next to Lord Vishnu. Shiva is mendicant. Then what is the bad deal?

Ref Post No 78 - Quoting my original post No 76

I write about a riddle and this is misquoted as Griddle by experts in this field "Reply with Quote" But still it makes sense in that - brave hearts need "Tempering" on hot Griddle

Vaishnavism is flourishing on money from all including Shaivites. In this world money is next to Lord Vishnu. Shiva is mendicant. Then what is the bad deal?
Lord Vishnu or Lord Shiva dont need money. It is we humans who are mendicants & try to hide all our sins in name of GOD.

I think here all members are quite mature & learned. We hindus are already so much divided according to place , caste & society. Do we need further division accoding to GOD also. Are we hindus so much stupid that cant we learn after having slavery of 200 years.

Brahinji, you say sensible things, but there is one problem. If people follow what you say, how will they play the game of one-upmanship? How will one group of Hindus make the claim that they and their Gods are superior to other Gods and Hindus?

This is a wonderful tale, Janaki madam! I was not aware of this story and thank you for this! This is precisely the type of response I expected in this thread.

Respose ; You thank JJ!! Atrocious !! You are Behaving Like Karthic Chidambaram praising Modi - staying in our camp you thank JJ !!! You were warned about them already in advance!
(A humble piece of suggestion to JRji,We have Gun-fight Kanchanas and Shotgun Shatrugans who never think before they shoot. They are usually in such a hurry that they misspell words as a rule. They do not even know what they are shooting. so be very careful not to get hurt.).

Abhacharam! Abhacharam!!

We suspected that you are a mole in spite of your visible Avathar of Narsimha with huge namams on the forehead Your activities were under scanner by the high command. If no reply is received for the show cause notice in stipulated time we may expell you!!

Last edited:
A tiny tutorial. :)

The '
] ' bracket after [/QUOTE] disappears, IF backspace is clicked while replying with quote. Then the quote is not shown

separately when the message is posted. So, care should be taken to replace '
] ' after [/QUOTE before posting! :typing:

Best idea is to click 'Go Advanced' and preview the post before submitting!
icon3.png

Respose ; You thank JJ!! Atrocious !! You are Behaving Like Karthic Chidambaram praising Modi - staying in our camp you thank JJ !!! You were warned about them already in advance!
(A humble piece of suggestion to JRji,We have Gun-fight Kanchanas and Shotgun Shatrugans who never think before they shoot. They are usually in such a hurry that they misspell words as a rule. They do not even know what they are shooting. so be very careful not to get hurt.).

Abhacharam! Abhacharam!!

We suspected that you are a mole in spite of your visible Avathar of Narsimha with huge namams on the forehead Your activities were under scanner by the high command. If no reply is received for the show cause notice in stipulated time we may expell you!!

Storm in a teacup. Tsunami in bathtub. Turmoil in a udharni. LOL. Keep entertaining. I enjoy. Thanks. LOL.

Last edited:
Brahinji, you say sensible things, but there is one problem. If people follow what you say, how will they play the game of one-upmanship? How will one group of Hindus make the claim that they and their Gods are superior to other Gods and Hindus?
yes you are right biswaji it is not problem with GOD but problem with human mind who tries to satisfy his ego in name of GOD & tries to show that he is superior than others.

Film personalities are also having lot of money, including Shakila. Is it so difficult to earn money.

A humble piece of suggestion to JRji,

We have Gun-fight Kanchanas and Shotgun Shatrugans who never think before they shoot. They are usually in such a hurry that they misspell words as a rule. They do not even know what they are shooting. so be very careful not to get hurt.

There are Jambulingams here who think that their posts will be red-inked only if some one reports it by pressing the report button. They forget that Praveen, suo motu, can make their wisecracks disappear if he thinks they are harmful without waiting for any one to press any button. Poor things. I hear the sound naranara loudly - their dentures are depreciating fast. LOL.

I hear the sound naranara loudly - their dentures are depreciating fast. LOL.[/QUOTE]

Not loud enough it is not naranara ! It is Nara Naryana !!

I am reminded of a humorous Sanskrit Shloka where Parvati gets dejected that Lord Shiva is a mendicant and says:

Beg a piece of land from Parashurama,ask Kubera your friend for seed and Balarama for the plough.
Get the buffalo from Yama.You however have a bull of your own.
Your trident will serve for the iron piece in the plough.I am capable of bringing you food.
Shanmukha will take the cattle for grazing.Take to farming "O' Hara! I am fed up with this beggary" May these words of Gauri protect you.

So I guess financial constrains affect even Gods!LOL

Last edited:
Even after my tiny tutorial, the quotes make the readers confused!

Vaagmi Sir, your post # 91 has a quote
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by JR, which contains some lines written by J J madam !! :confused:

Let me be clear why I started this thread, taking this very thread as an example:

1. According to Chandru1849, our Vishnu is 'still searching for Shiva's feet' and he has been hurling sarcasms and accusations on Vishnu all along.

2. According to Renuka, the well-established notion that Hanuman ji is Lord Shiva's manifestation is wrong.

3. According to Smt. Janaki, Krishna and Rama are 'flawed' because they did not kill 'dharmically'.

4. According to Biswa, who never answered my query asking him for reasoning for all my points raised in my earlier report to moderator (but he complained I should not report), quoting Brahmanda Purana showing Lord Shiva's speech on Vaishnava aparadha is 'having an intention to create inter-sect wars'.

So what to say? This explains the very purpose of creating this thread. The above clearly shows when it comes to you - and your god - Lord shiva - you tolerate 'no nonsense' - at that time, all duality in god's name suddenly springs up in your mind, but when a Vaishnava claims his god is being blasphemed, he is ridiculed that 'duality exists in his mind'!!!

I'm tongue-tied!

My point of reference is just the high-lighted portion.

The same BrahmAnda purANam in its uttara BhAga also contains dialogue between Hayagreeva and agastya... which in sanskrit is mentioned as hayagreevAgastya samvAde....... which also is known as Lalita sahasranAmam.... contains the following sloka:

"karAnguli-naKhotpanna-nArAyaNa daSAkruthiHi"..... which in simple translation means.... Sri Lalita Tripura Sundari gave rise to the
daSAvatArAs just from the nail ends of her finger.

Either Velukkudi has not hghlighted this part or you have not attended that session when he touched upon this topic.

So if anyone keeps trying to thrust supposed over-arching of Vishnu on all other Gods... you will definitely meet with counter points.

Poverty has not spared Vishnu also. Some interesting words are perfect examples:

1. THARITHIRA NARAYANAN

2. PICHAI EDUTHUTHAM PERUMALU ATHAI PUDUGICHAM HANUMARU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back