• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Reciting 'Om Namah Shivaya' while doing Vaishnava aparadha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri Rama Killing Vaali from behind

KurEsar answers the oft debated question
about Raama not killing Vaali in a face to face battle instead of
hitting him with an arrow from a hidden place of vantage .
KurEsar explains here that the ancient Kshathriya Dharmam of
Raghu Vamsa Kings and Raamachandra's vow of SaraNAgatha
RakshaNam ( in this case abhaya PradhAnam for Sugrivan)
led to His classification of Vaali as an animal worthy of slaughter
instead of fighting him like an enemy worthy of direct fight .

Sugrivan had also performed Saranagathy to his elder brother
and yet Vaali rejected him and drove him out of he kingdom .
It is an unforgivable crime for any one who is capable to reject
one that sought refuge . Ramachandra took into account this
unpardonable behavior of Vaali and killed Vaali like killing
a wild beast .

http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia/srirangasri/archives/dec06/msg00127.html

Last edited:
You just got to have good lawyer, you can get away with any crime in any country and in any period.

You can not judge the actions of the past with todays laws (or views).

Moderator ji, I complain, I complain!

The rules of this sub-forum say it should not be used to denigrate religion.

Yet this thread seems to have been created only for the purpose of starting an inter-sect war. It hurts my feelings!

O moderator! Please assume an avatar and intervene!

dear Biswa Ji,

I can understand your feelings..dont feel bad yaar.

Either recite Om Namah Shivaya or Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya or anything else..It does not really matter.

God has no time for Divide and Rule for He is beyond Duality.

Its the human mind that is still tossed by the waves of duality and needs to feel secure in either end of the spectrum.

Fear not...true feelings can never be hurt.I admire your depth of devotion and can totally feel the Bhakti in your words.

God is Great.There is none other than God. His messengers are subject to debate.

Mataji Kupa Mandukeshwari.

Let me be clear why I started this thread, taking this very thread as an example:

1. According to Chandru1849, our Vishnu is 'still searching for Shiva's feet' and he has been hurling sarcasms and accusations on Vishnu all along.

2. According to Renuka, the well-established notion that Hanuman ji is Lord Shiva's manifestation is wrong.

3. According to Smt. Janaki, Krishna and Rama are 'flawed' because they did not kill 'dharmically'.

4. According to Biswa, who never answered my query asking him for reasoning for all my points raised in my earlier report to moderator (but he complained I should not report), quoting Brahmanda Purana showing Lord Shiva's speech on Vaishnava aparadha is 'having an intention to create inter-sect wars'.

So what to say? This explains the very purpose of creating this thread. The above clearly shows when it comes to you - and your god - Lord shiva - you tolerate 'no nonsense' - at that time, all duality in god's name suddenly springs up in your mind, but when a Vaishnava claims his god is being blasphemed, he is ridiculed that 'duality exists in his mind'!!!

I'm tongue-tied!

Why? We Vaishnavas don't even have the right to say Lord Shiva requests his followers to not disrespect Vishnu?

O Moderator, mere mortals are putting words in the mouth of Lord Shiva. Who has met Shiva to make that claim? Or Vishnu for that matter. Oh what blasphemy!

O Moderator please send this controversial thread to Kailasha or to Vaikunta if the poster prefers.

The freedom of expression in this forum is hurting my religious sentiments. Boo hoo hoo hoo!

1. According to Chandru1849, our Vishnu is 'still searching for Shiva's feet' and he has been hurling sarcasms and accusations on Vishnu all along.

What do you mean by our Vishnu? Who gave you sole proprietorship of Vishnu? My son sleeps with a Krishna idol near his bed. So I think it is his Krishna.

Dear Janaki ji,

1. Vali was unforgiving of Sugreeva of his mistake and threatened to kill Sugreeva. Sugreeva was unable to live anywhere except a certain mountain where Vaali was not allowed to enter. Besides, Vaali had adharmically taken Sugreeva's wife (Ruma?) to be his wife.

2. Vaali had gotten a boon that provided he always wore a pendant given to him (by whom I forget), he will be invincible in all front attacks during duels.

3. Vaali had a very pompous personality whereby he had created for himself a lot of powerful enemies out of being invincible at war with all of them. These enemies, knowing Vaali was invincible in war, were ganging up amongst themselves and have Vaali killed by other deceitful means.

Owing to the above factors, Sri Rama decided to kill Vaali from behind the tree. If Rama had not killed him by this way, Vaali would have been killed by deceit by his own enemies.

Where was your conscience when you did that Shri Atma Ram? Heart me Ram or Hath me Ram? Sri Ram jeyaram Jeya jeya Ram!!

Last edited:
Chandru Sir has got one more member to his side to attack those, whom he calls as Human Gods! :fencing:

Why? We Vaishnavas don't even have the right to say Lord Shiva requests his followers to not disrespect Vishnu?

Proove the accusations you have raised regarding the "intent" of starting this thread, if you can. Proove wherein I have, as the OP, posted any inflammatory message against any other sect. I'm sure you will, as usual, go silent on this one, because you cannot claim any of my message as derogatory or inflammatory.

So far, it has only been a smooth exchange between all parties and you are the only person hyper-reacting. This shows "what you want" - to create an intersect war between us members here.

I'm sure you will, as usual, go silent on this one, because you cannot claim any of my message as derogatory or inflammatory.

I donot go silent!! I was silenced! Some one had pressed the Panic Key as they were uncomfortable!!

''Religion

Please do not use this forum to engage in discussions against any particular religion or caste. Such topics will be promptly deleted.''

This thread is in 'Religion forum' and hope J J madam has read the caution also!! :ranger:

Let me be clear why I started this thread, taking this very thread as an example:

3. According to Smt. Janaki, Krishna and Rama are 'flawed' because they did not kill 'dharmically'.

I'm tongue-tied!

They donot win wars or Dharmayudh! They kill by encounters! Is this worthy of Gods !! Is Gurukshthram really Dharma Kshetram?

Whilst one can appreciate the member who started the blog for the seriousness and interest shown on Vishnu worship by citing a Purana and how Lord Shiva will look on Vaishnava Aparadha, I am sure the member will understand there may be another Purana of how Vishnu will treat his Bhakthas who do Shiva Aparadha, if Hinduism is impartial.

This also shows the difference in seriousness about the presiding deity between Vaishnavas and Smarthas.

If a Sri Vaishnava, in the name of Shastra and Sambradaya, feels that Vishnu is the only God and others are Devatas, is it wrong if a staunch Shiva devotee feels that Shiva is the supreme God and others are secondary, let alone avatars?

Let us remember the slogan: for every action there is equal and opposite reaction.

Some members in this forum think that secularism practiced by Smarthas is a weakness, which is not correct.

2. According to Renuka, the well-established notion that Hanuman ji is Lord Shiva's manifestation is wrong.

Dear JR,

I think you did not really understand my post.

I did not use the word WRONG anywhere....all I said that there is ANOTHER version that says the Hanuman was also born becos of the payasam which fell into the hands of Anjana who was praying to Lord Shiva at that time.

I dont get it why and how you concluded that I said that Hanuman beiing an incarnation of Shiva is wrong.

I also added that becos Rama,Bharata,Lakshman and Shatrugana were born due to payasam so on technical grounds Hanuman too can be considered a brother of Lord Rama cos in Hanuman chalisa there is a line that equates Hanuman with Bharata...this was my own assumption where I said Hanuman is technically a brother of Rama...where I was putting 2 and 2 together.

Now when it came to the source of information on Hanuman too was born becos of the payasam....I was citing that version just to give another view to the discussion cos the version I stated was a discourse in Puttaparthi India.

Here is the link:

http://www.sssbpt.org/pages/Prasanthi_Nilayam/SriRamaPattabhishekamJun2008_Discourse.html

But that does not deny the fact that Hanuman is the incarnation of Shiva cos the Vishnu aspect complete with Shanka,Gada,Chakra,Adi Sesha took birth as Rama and His brothers and the Shiva aspect took birth as Hanuman.

But it seems that you always choose to misinterpret what I write also when I wrote about duality exists in the mind..I used the word Duality exists..this is what I wrote:

Its the human mind that is still tossed by the waves of duality and needs to feel secure in either end of the spectrum.

There was no mention of the word Vaishnava..I used the word Human Mind.

I think Humanity as in mankind is made up of various races and religions..so frankly speaking I am also tongue-tied that you seem to distort my post.

Ya Rabbi! Selamatkan Aku!

Last edited:
A humble piece of suggestion to JRji,

We have Gun-fight Kanchanas and Shotgun Shatrugans who never think before they shoot. They are usually in such a hurry that they misspell words as a rule. They do not even know what they are shooting. so be very careful not to get hurt.

There are Jambulingams here who think that their posts will be red-inked only if some one reports it by pressing the report button. They forget that Praveen, suo motu, can make their wisecracks disappear if he thinks they are harmful without waiting for any one to press any button. Poor things. I hear the sound naranara loudly - their dentures are depreciating fast. LOL.

This story I specially picked up for the knowledgable!

Story of Shiva and Vishnu

“There are two mahaa-phala daayaka Vrukshas. One by the name Vaasudeva and the other by the name Vaamadeva. They differ only in their sumas (flowers) (‘su’ is replaced by ‘ma’ in their names), but both give the same phalas (fruits, which is moksham)”. It is also often said, “How much one does not see the difference between Shiva and Vishnu, that much his aayu will increase”.
One day, when Lakshmi and Vishnu were together in vihaaram, Lakshmi sees Ucchaishravam, her brother, the horse of Revanta who is the son of Surya. Engrossed in seeing her brother, she does not reply to the repeated calls of Vishnu. Seeing her attraction, Vishnu gives her shaapam to go to Bhulokam in the form of a horse and come back to Vaikuntam only after getting a son equal to Himself! She comes to Bhuloka to experience the shaapam and realizing that none other than her brother, Shiva can help her calm Vishnu, she immediately does a tapas for Him and Shiva appears to save her soodari. Lakshmi says “You and Vishnu are both same, the Paramaatma. Please help me!”. Shiva says “Soodari! How do you know that we both are same? All learned people know that. Who told you?”. Lakshmi says, “Once Mahavishnu Himself told me this. Seeing Him in deep Daiva-dhyaanam, I asked Him “During Samudramanthanam, I thought you were the greatest of all and hence chose you. Devaadideva! Who is better than you that you are in dhyaanam of Him?”. Mahavishnu replied “I am doing Shankara-dhyaanam. He is Eshwara. He is the same as Me. All learned people know that. If someone is my devotee but still hates Shiva, he will fall into naraka”.
Saying this, She asks Shiva to pursuade Vishnu to bless Her with a child. Shiva sends Chitrarupa as a duta to convince Vishnu. Vishnu immediately accepts and comes to Bhuloka and blesses Lakshmi with Ekaveera, who is equal to Vishnu Himself. From Ekaveera came forth the Haihaya dynasty, of which the most noted king is Kartavirya Arjuna (Ekaveera’s grandson).
————————————

More Papam and More Puniyam more births!!

They do not get subtracted one from the other like Income from Expenses

Throughout his life Karna indeed did limitless dhana. But he had not performed them as an arpana to Lord Hari.
So he accumulated Punyam which will not release him from the cycle of rebirths, lord took his Punyam due to abundant mercy on him.

Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 18, Verse 11

'न हि देहभृता शक्यं तयक्तुं कर्माण्य अशेषतः
यस तु कर्मफलत्यागी स तयागीत्य अभिधीयते'

'na hi deha bhrta sakyam tyaktum karmany asesatah
yas tu karma phala tyagi sa tyagity abhidhiyate

It is indeed impossible for an embodied being to give up all activities. But he who renounces the fruits of action is called one who has truly renounced.

To give up the results of all activities is called renunciation [tyaga] by the wise. The result or the fruit of action belongs to Lord Krishna and He took it as Dhaana as the only way to get it.

Yes - After a sinful life - Call your son Naryana at you death bed - does not bother - call his name thrice - call is diverted to Vaikunda - Naryana will take your call & you get your Visa to Vaikuntam !! Silk route to Heavens!!

STORY OF AJAAMILAN**** The summer heat drives us towards shades from trees. Those who are indoor, use fans and coolers. Those who are affluent install an air conditioner. Now on the same analogy, we are suffering from the heat of worldliness. We have to seek the cool shade of Divine Name chanted with love and faith. For every season nature provides corresponding remedies also. In hot summer seasons, we see the abundance of watermelon, and other seasonal fruits which appease the heat. For this Kaliyuga, God has compassionately provided an easy remedy, i.e., repeating the name of God with love and faith. Even in this practice, we are not consistent. Let us make it a habit to repeat the name of God during morning and evening for Five minutes at least with concentration and devotion. The story of Ajaamilan – a classic example of how taking the name of God will help us. This story is part of the Bhagavatham.
Ajaamilan was born in a Brahmin family and did his duties well. He was married to a very pious lady who served him well and had good children. One day when he went to the forest to collect wood for homam, he met a woman there. He was attracted towards her and in his lust for her, forgot his wife and children and started living with her in the forest. He was ready to do anything for his new found love and even killed animals for her sake for food. He lived a sinful life with her and had many children. He was very close to his youngest son whom he had named Narayana. Years rolled on and it was time for Ajaamilan to leave this world. Yama doothas came with the Yama pasa to take him away and Ajaamilan experienced the fear of death. He panicked and called his son Narayana. The youngest son was playing at a distance and did not hear him. Ajaamilan had to call him many times uttering the word “Narayana, Narayana” Bang came the Vishnu doothas hearing the name of Narayana. The Vishnu doothas, who were replicas of Vishnu in color and appearance, asked the Yama doothas to go as they had to take Ajaamilan to Vaikuntam.
The Yama doothas who had come there in the first place to take Ajaamilan to Yamaloka because of his numerous sins, were surprised to see the Vishnu doothas there ready to take him to Vaikuntam. The Vishnu doothas told the Yama doothas that Ajaamilan had uttered the Lord’s name “Narayana” several times and that is why they had come to his rescue. Not able to understand how despite so many sins Ajaamilan was being helped by the Vishnu doothas, the Yama doothas went back to Yamaloka to ask their master Yamadharmaraja about this. Yama explained to the doothas the greatness of Nama sankeerthanam and instructed them not to go anywhere near Ajaamilan. Ajaamilan lost his fear of death once the Yama doothas left and the Vishnu doothas blessed him and let him continue his time on earth. Regretting his sinful life Ajaamilan went to the banks of River Ganga and spent the rest of his life doing the namajapam of the Lord. Finally when it was time for him to leave this earth, Vishnu doothas alone came and took him to Vaikuntam.
Like · Comment

A humble piece of suggestion to JRji,

We have Gun-fight Kanchanas and Shotgun Shatrugans who never think before they shoot. They are usually in such a hurry that they misspell words as a rule. They do not even know what they are shooting. so be very careful not to get hurt.

There are Jambulingams here who think that their posts will be red-inked only if some one reports it by pressing the report button. They forget that Praveen, suo motu, can make their wisecracks disappear if he thinks they are harmful without waiting for any one to press any button. Poor things. I hear the sound naranara loudly - their dentures are depreciating fast. LOL.

Brave Heart!! This humble piece of suggestion may be addresed to Praven not to be hurt assuring him that none of the knowledgable brave heart wii press the panic button Then you will have more enjoyment!!

Last edited:
Please remember that J J madam is yet to learn how to post the quotes properly!

I respond to messages and not shoot at the messanger

There are two lines inthat post of mine One is by P.J. and naturally the other line is mine simple logic ! People yet to learn to read the postings properly!

Please remember that J J madam is yet to learn how to post the quotes properly!
I respond to messages and not shoot at the messanger
There are two lines inthat post of mine One is by P.J. and naturally the other line is mine simple logic ! People yet to learn to read the postings properly!

!@#$%^%$&*( &^*** !@#$%^ &*()_+% Don't ask me what is this. I am writing in the language Afrikaanish. Either go and hang if you do not understand or go to hell. Go and learn the language. I am always right and what I write makes excellent sense to me.. I know that. LOL

Last edited:
I know! When people who are yet to learn to quote properly exist, people who are yet to learn to read the posts

like anna pakshi, which can separate milk from milk + water, will also exist !! :lol:

Carry on Madam J J. We shall get all the posts by heart and learn to separate your comments! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back