• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ravana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not talk about black and white. We are living in a fool's paradise if we believe that all Tamil Brahmins are fair. Then why the marriage ads. for a fair girl. Most Indians are Black. May be dark or light brown.

When a new born child is black in color there is dependency in the family. Then some old woman says "Parudi. Nammatthu Komu paattiye mari irukka. Komu Patti rajatthi mari Iruntha. Ivalum appati iruppal." Standard solace from older and wiser people. Everyone has some relations who look more Dravidian than most of the non Brahmins.

"....just that they wud be 'aryan' but not 'vedic-aryan' i suppose"

my above statement is not right...according to the david frawley link the dravidians were also vedic aryans...

Most of south India follows Krishna Yajur Veda. This is some cock and bull story of the North Indians to throw muck on South Indians by making us Ravana's people. Shukla Yajur Veda is popular in the north and east . Bengal is Shukla Yajur Veda country. Shukla Yajur Veda is supposed to be composed by Yajnavalkya. That shows it is the later version. There is no mention of Ravana anywhere.

Most of the Hindi TV channels are anti South Indian.

David Frawley is a Vedic scholar. But he has his own scheme of things. His version of Hinduism does not include many of the present Hindus. Very narrow view of Hinduism.

i also wonder why we assign dark to dravidian and fair to aryan...an aryan, even if he had gold or yellow coloured hair like indra, wud have become really dark by now after taking a beating under the glorious indian sun after nearly 10K years....

in the classic case of comparison of Hgr 3 (origin Central Asia) and Hgr 9 (origin established as Elam / Southwest Iran), it is found that Hgr 9 is more common amongst brahmins and rajputs in the north and among various groups in the south and apparently they come in all shades, dark not being uncommon...i repeat fair does not mean aryan....this is very interesting paper: http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pubmed&pubmedid=11133362

this is another good link: http://books.google.com.sg/books?id...&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result

Last edited:
whoopsy...then the Zee Tv info was wrong...the researcher was someone by the name Jha or something like that...wonder why create misplaced ideas by making tv serials like that...

Art

Shri HH

When i bought a Bhagavath Gita from ISKCON,i found some platelets of artistic pictures,depicting various character's of Mahabharata.Obviously,the painting have been done by people,who were not born in India actually in this present birth,and therefore had their training in arts,from outside of India.

In fact,the pictures of Lord Jesus Christ,that i see in many places in USA,sort of resembles,the same artography,in BG of ISKCON.

My point is,when Cauc-asian people of origin,do something,its natural for them,to depict things from their perspective.Which is what holds good for all other races too.Lord Krishna is from Gujarat/Bihar belt,an Yadava,and was dark in skin complexion.The name Krishna itself means darkness in skin color,as per some,Samskritam,scholars.

In one of Bhagavan Sathya Sai Baba books publication,i noticed the picture depicted by Bhagavan to a devotee of Christ,an entirely different pictorial art form.But it definitely resembled some of the ancient people from the Middle East region,especially from the Jewish clan.

So,what we have today,of various art forms either in canvas or sculptures,its primarily the artists version only,as to his/her capacity of producing an visual art form.

My point is,after doing some cyber sluething and reading materials,i sort of feel,humanity originally originated from Africa,but due to various reasons of migrations,the population of humanity changed in their physical characterstics.

Thanks.

sb

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back