• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ravana Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the Dravidian politicians/speakers are well versed in Ramayana and Mahabharatha. I have come across some of them talking about Ravana's caste. They glorify Ravana as Ravana is being portrayed as a Tamilian and Rama a North Indian.

Dravidians are in a fix about Ravana

1. If they treat him as a tamilian, then they have to acknowledge the fact that he was a brahmin.

2. If they concede that he was a brahmin, they have to concede to the caste divisions even in the pre-aryan days, probably
going all the way back to kumari kandam theeve days..

3. If they choose to identify him with a northerner they have to contend with the supposed fact that they were ruled by northies
even way back in last few millennium.

4. The believers of Ravana can shut their eyes to the apparent discrepancies and worship him.

5. It is the dravidian rationalists who come out without a leg to stand on in the Ravana conundrum.

Dravidians are in a fix about Ravana

Ravana is identified as Dravidian because he challenged Rama an Aryan Any body challenging Aryan ( even if he is a Brahmin) has to be a Dravidian this is the rationale of rationalists. JJ was accepted & even glorified by Veeramani on several occasions Ravana I do not think identified himself with Dravidian He was never interested in "Ghar Vapsi" like Mahabali who does it it every year during Onam The Dravidian Identity is thrust on him!

The one I spoke too did not know that Ravan was a Brahmin and neither did he know Sanskrit.

BTW in Varna Dharma a Dwija is either a Brahmin,Kshatriya or Vaishya.

All 3 wore Yagnopaveet in the past and all 3 were entitled to religious studies.

Was Ravana really a Brahmin ? No Never . A dalit accoring to Subramania swamy and has nothing to do with Tamil Nadu or Dravidians!

Ravana was a dalit from Ghaziabad, says Subramanian Swamyhttp://coastaldigest.com/index.php/news/71274-ravana-was-a-dalit-from-ghaziabad-says-subramanian-swamy

Was Ravana really a Brahmin ? No Never . A dalit accoring to Subramania swamy and has nothing to do with Tamil Nadu or Dravidians!

Ravana was a dalit from Ghaziabad, says Subramanian Swamyhttp://coastaldigest.com/index.php/news/71274-ravana-was-a-dalit-from-ghaziabad-says-subramanian-swamy

Really?

This is GREAT NEWS!

That shows that back in Treta Yuga Dalits were allowed to be masters of 4 Vedas and 6 Shastras!

So what happened in Kali Yuga that Dalits were not allowed to study Vedas?

If Ravana as a Dalit is acceptable, then the reputation of Rama will definitely come down.

But I have a great feeling Ravan could be a Jaat.

Reason is He was strong,good looking and brave and did not really fear breaking rules.

He did was he pleased and fought bravely.

The Sita kidnapping episode was no big deal..He liked her so he carried her away...after all Kshatriyas were known to take away girls and marry them...so if Kshatriyas did that why cant other communities do that?

So what is wrong if Ravan did that? I feel He is a Jaat.

But I have a great feeling Ravan could be a Jaat.

Reason is He was strong,good looking and brave and did not really fear breaking rules.

He did was he pleased and fought bravely.

The Sita kidnapping episode was no big deal..He liked her so he carried her away...after all Kshatriyas were known to take away girls and marry them...so if Kshatriyas did that why cant other communities do that?

So what is wrong if Ravan did that? I feel He is a Jaat.

Madam,

You are bringing more troubles to Rama.

If it is accepted, what will happen to the temple proposal. In UP and Haryana Jats are very powerful.

Madam,

You are bringing more troubles to Rama.

If it is accepted, what will happen to the temple proposal. In UP and Haryana Jats are very powerful.

Yes...I know Jaats are super powerful becos according to Deva Samhita Jaats emerged from the Lock of Lord Shiva..from His Jata..so they became to be known as Jaats.

Quite a number of them stay in UP especially in Ghaziabad and Modinagar area.

So since Swamy says Ravan was a Dalit...I find that a bit hard to believe cos Dalits were never the too bold types becos they were always treated badly and not allowed to study religion or anything.

Further more the term Dalit did not exists in Treat Yuga...even the Varna system stops at Shudra and does not have a 5th level.

So what Swamy is saying makes no sense.

But since he is so sure that Ravan is from Ghaziabad ...then Ravan must be a Jaat.

It fits the role perfectly.

Swamy did not say this, and he challenged to prove it. As usuals the paper filed and scooted. Please go through the comments section under the article. That wll say something about the readers of the magazine and its policies.
Swamy did not say that ravan is a dalit.

But you will not get column space in print and tv media!

Arnab goswami was called 'you are a liar' by swamy more than 100 times in times now tv show.

Jaats must accept your theory, else it is wasted.

So that mean I am right..Ravan is a Jaat!

Jaats must accept your theory, else it is wasted.

dear Sarang ji,

Jaats dont care for publicity. They dont bother for theories too.

But so far one Jaat person I know also told me that the name Ravan Singh is quite common among Jaat Hindus.

Ravans sons same was Inderjit/Indrajit.

So I could be right..for all I know his full name was Inderjit Singh!

Why is that name so common with Jaats?

See its all adding up.

Last 3 days I was with my grand children They are now slightly grown up They have had enough of Ravana when I told them I will buy them Amar Chitras katha on Ravana but they Chose Mahiravana! They want more than Ravana! Magic - Pathala Bhiravi etc!

Last edited:
Do all Ramayanas depict Ravana as a bad? If not, it requires introspection, whether it was deliberate to malign Ravana.

Ravana returns with Roar! I heared this roar today - One more or Once more Ravana!!

3086.jpg

Review in this link!!

Welcome to Muse India

Belief in puranas

The structural work of saneeswarar temple in tirunallar ( tamilnadu) is wondered by nasa when their orbit vessel stops there for few minutes is to be studied and wondered. Hindus that too brahmins not believing all idihasam & puranas is not a crown. Everything is proved scientifically now and westeners are wondering our day to day life culture in health and medical fields are to be understood.
This is because hindus do not send their children to such schools- can be a special class to learn- just like muslims using islamic school to learn quran etc.,
believing such things is just believing parents- especially for hindus of bharath
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back